(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 hours ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 153.
#4551 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

Awesome. The only issue I forsee is the left hand interfering with the ramp.

Yeah I was hoping I could easily switch which arm moved but I didn't see an easy way to do that. I got a couple of buddies that already ordered Mando so hopefully I get a chance to tinker with placement.

In theory, I can rig the wire to a fixed spring or something metal and flexible where the magnet bolt is under the playfield. When its magnetized the spring makes contact triggering animation.

#4552 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Proof of concept baby Yoda hack.

Nice! And I like that Baby Yoda wears one of Mando's old wifebeaters under his robes.

#4553 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I wish they had gone with a similar holographic approach to Dialed In or Ghostbusters, maybe with a Grogu hologram in the same position that controls the ball in the middle of the playfield. I think with these big properties, there just isn't much budget left for the mechs in the game.

Mo’ screens mo’ problems.

Lost count of dialed ins and ghostbusters with non working “hologram” screens.

#4554 2 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Where is the DeadFlip live stream? Why the delays? Anyone know?

Anyone know why the dead live stream that happened a week ago is delayed?

Not me.

#4555 2 years ago

I'm in for a Premium. Never thought when I bought my first pin last March that it would ever have friends. This game just seems so right. Not super stocked on the theme, but the Star Wars sounds in the stream got me gigglin'. Ordered one of these to help it feel at home when it arrives. https://www.etsy.com/listing/999414434/razorcrest-keychain-the-mandalorian

#4556 2 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Where is the DeadFlip live stream? Why the delays? Anyone know?

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Anyone know why the dead live stream that happened a week ago is delayed? Not me.

My guess is that RPZ is moving backward through time, sort of a Tenet situation. He won't hit the DeadFlip live stream for another week.

#4557 2 years ago
Quoted from DNHansen:

I'm in for a Premium. Never thought when I bought my first pin last March that it would ever have friends. This game just seems so right. Not super stocked on the theme, but the Star Wars sounds in the stream got me gigglin'. Ordered one of these to help it feel at home when it arrives. https://www.etsy.com/listing/999414434/razorcrest-keychain-the-mandalorian

You can see the hobby in so many ways, but meeting people, sharing while playing pins, going to tournaments or pin meets where you can play games you've never played.. that's the biggest part of it! And, yeah, making friends!

#4558 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Anyone know why the dead live stream that happened a week ago is delayed?
Not me.

Believe the Dead is live in about 81 days..
Not sure about a stream.
Until then, lets see a shipped Mando!

75912065-7705-4C76-9D00-1710E58DFE6B (resized).jpeg75912065-7705-4C76-9D00-1710E58DFE6B (resized).jpeg

#4559 2 years ago

FYI: Got quoted July/August for my Premium, but it looks like lead times from my distributer have slipped to September now. Will clarify with them tomorrow if I should still expect it on time.

#4560 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I wish they had gone with a similar holographic approach to Dialed In or Ghostbusters, maybe with a Grogu hologram in the same position that controls the ball in the middle of the playfield. I think with these big properties, there just isn't much budget left for the mechs in the game.

The GB holo was a waist of everything. DI was better, but still underwhelming IMO.

#4561 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The GB holo was a waist of everything. DI was better, but still underwhelming IMO.

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#4562 2 years ago

The flyers are available :

Mando-LE-Final-Lo-Res-compressed.pdfMando-LE-Final-Lo-Res-compressed.pdfMando-Prem-Final-Lo-Res-compressed.pdfMando-Prem-Final-Lo-Res-compressed.pdfMando-Pro-Final-Lo-Res-compressed.pdfMando-Pro-Final-Lo-Res-compressed.pdf
#4563 2 years ago

I thought we'd appreciate this piece.

#4564 2 years ago

.. people waiting for their Mandalorian pinball..
star-wars-meme-me-waiting-for-october-30 (resized).jpgstar-wars-meme-me-waiting-for-october-30 (resized).jpg

#4565 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

.. people waiting for their Mandalorian pinball..
[quoted image]

Man, imagine waiting 3 more weeks (boat)...it's just too long here

#4566 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

The flyers are available :
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You get an image of the back of the flyer?

#4567 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

You get an image of the back of the flyer?

Click the image for the full PDF

#4568 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

Click the image for the full PDF

Awesome thanks

#4569 2 years ago
Quoted from November:

Man, imagine waiting 3 more weeks (boat)...it's just too long here

If you were dedicated you'd ship via air.

#4570 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

If you were dedicated you'd ship via air.

The pro is already 8400 USD here, don't dare me

#4571 2 years ago
Quoted from November:

The pro is already 8400 USD here, don't dare me

Maybe on a French Rafale fighter? Lol, those crazy flyers would actually go for it!

d4T9p09 (resized).jpgd4T9p09 (resized).jpg
#4572 2 years ago
Quoted from TheProgrammer:

FYI: Got quoted July/August for my Premium, but it looks like lead times from my distributer have slipped to September now. Will clarify with them tomorrow if I should still expect it on time.

Got clarification. Looks like they just adjusted the timeframe for Premiums due to the allocation they got on the initial Pro run. They still expect their Premiums in July/August, but don't want to over promise on new sales until they get their allotment numbers

#4573 2 years ago

Still really, really liking that PRO at the end. It's packing a lot for so much less $$. And the graphics are totally on par with the two other models. For some games, it's preferable to get at least the Premium. But from what I've seen so far, the PRO holds its own.

Screenshot_20210528-170944_Adobe Acrobat (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210528-170944_Adobe Acrobat (resized).jpg
#4574 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Still really, really liking that PRO at the end. It's packing a lot for so much less $$. And the graphics are totally on par with the two other models. For some games, it's preferable to get at least the Premium. But from what I've seen so far, the PRO holds its own.
[quoted image]

If the Premium didn't have the moving upper playfield, I probably would've gone for the Pro. Honestly I think I prefer the art on the Pro more.

#4575 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

[quoted image]

It is looking appealing to me as well. The stream will help sort it out! That upper playfield...not sure. It looks a bit frustrating. Hoping for fast flow on the pro!

#4576 2 years ago

I am going with Premium. Like the art work and the upper playfield. Still holding out hope for an LE model that is only marked up 10% or so over MSRP but that ain't looking likely with the prices that these are going for in the sales forum..

#4577 2 years ago

It's looking like I may get a Pro from the first allotment. I had been going back and forth but in the end the premium features weren't worth an extra $1700 or so for me

Hopefully only a few weeks out!

#4578 2 years ago
Quoted from November:

The pro is already 8400 USD here

648E8ED8-6AD0-4136-A6D7-E56EC00854C4.gif648E8ED8-6AD0-4136-A6D7-E56EC00854C4.gif
#4579 2 years ago
Quoted from TheProgrammer:

If the Premium didn't have the moving upper playfield, I probably would've gone for the Pro. Honestly I think I prefer the art on the Pro more.

This and the metal returns were what sold me on the Premium - hard choice though, pro is not a bad choice on this one

#4580 2 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

This and the metal returns were what sold me on the Premium - hard choice though, pro is not a bad choice on this one

I’m expecting to see a lot of Pros with metal ramp returns.

#4581 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I’m expecting to see a lot of Pros with metal ramp returns.

I’ve heard several people mention they are looking into modding the crossover ramps on the pro, so hopefully you’re right.
L

#4582 2 years ago

This has been the weirdest Stern launch I can remember - and that’s saying a lot. Initial launch video, amateur hour stream (not Jacks fault), then nothing.

I’m thinking they’re at production capacity, have sold all the LE’s and first run Pros, and can’t really keep up with too many future orders in any title anyway. So why keep hyping the game.

#4583 2 years ago
Quoted from November:

When you are all fighting around rotation definition and munsters code, i made my mods as i die waiting for my pro.
My beskar camtono flasher mod is finished, what de you think ?

My artblades too, and my Razor crest, but this one is not for my pinball
[quoted image]

Looks great, but.....no offense intended here, but it kind of looks like an ice cream maker.

Edit: Corrected spelling and added extra winks and giggles.

#4584 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Looks great, but.....no offense intended here, but it kind of looks like an ice cream maker.

Because it is and it should! Worth reading, but this is yet another Favreau nod to Empire Strikes Back..
https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a29987909/the-mandalorian-willrow-hood-ice-cream/
willrow-hood-1574770211 (resized).jpgwillrow-hood-1574770211 (resized).jpg

#4585 2 years ago

Did Jack play Mando yesterday? Nothing uploaded on Twitch.

#4586 2 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Did Jack play Mando yesterday? Nothing uploaded on Twitch.

No, he plans to stream the Pro early to mid next week.

#4587 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

No, he plans to stream the Pro early to mid next week.

thanks

#4588 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

[quoted image]

+1

waiting to see/test/play it
and to be honest, i'm even not sure the mini PF (area) will be less "fun" on the PRO than the moving one...

#4589 2 years ago

Just uploaded the 3 versions of the Mandalorian flyer, Pro. Premium and L.E:

https://nypinball.com/?s=mandalorian&post_types=flyers

#4590 2 years ago

Really impressed with the Mandalorian series since season 1 and cannot wait for season 3. When you love a series or theme-that goes a long way.

#4591 2 years ago

Love this scene and makes me think of the Premium art package...

#4592 2 years ago

One more-IG-11 is badass!...

#4593 2 years ago

Weird question here....has anyone ever had luck asking Stern to do a special build? I think I like the Premium art the best but thinking I may like the Pro layout. Wondering if I threw Stern several hundred bucks-would they make a special machine with Premium art cabinet and Pro playfield? I know the answer is probably no(especially with 5 month back-log) but it would be cool. Just an afterthought and sometimes money talks.

#4594 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Weird question here....has anyone ever had luck asking Stern to do a special build? I think I like the Premium art the best but thinking I may like the Pro layout. Wondering if I threw Stern several hundred bucks-would they make a special machine with Premium art cabinet and Pro playfield? I know the answer is probably no(especially with 5 month back-log) but it would be cool. Just an afterthought and sometimes money talks.

Throw Stern several hundred bucks and they’ll ship you a puzzle and mug. Possibly a tshirt if you play your cards right.

#4595 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Stern is going to take your money and not give you anything in return for asking them to do that

#4596 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Everything has a price. So putting a pro playfield in a premium cabinet would probably be accepted if say you offered 10k over the pro price.

#4597 2 years ago

Well you can pay a few hundred to get a special number-so there is that I guess

Doubt Stern would basterdize the different models-but again money talks

#4598 2 years ago

Yep. And like you said, a few hundred bucks won’t even get you a response.

#4599 2 years ago

May have luck with a defective machine that was sent back to factory for some reason,
I have seen machines discounted that are refurbs. I would pay $500-$700 to upgrade the cabinet and that is about it for me. I do love the Pro art(love the orange) and it will grow on me, but really dig the Premium art as well.

#4600 2 years ago

Might have better luck trying to buy the premium cabinet art and installing yourself.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Northfield, MN
$ 22.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/92?hl=november and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.