(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 153.
#4401 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Okay show us the evidence that Dwight was suppose to make a shallow no depth throwback game to last in the home environment? Who at Stern told him this: prove it! Suppose some people believe this nonsense because it’s been repeated enough times. John Borg never said or indicated this to be a so called throwback game, nor did Dwight. At no point did Munsters fall into the category of being known as a shallow no depth game, till Dwight suddenly announced the game code was done. Then a “worst code ever” thread was created here on Pinside. No other Stern game as ever had a thread created like that. No consumer of Stern products wants to pay the same price as all the other well supported Stern games and be ripped off code wise, i.e., making a so called “throwback” with today’s prices is absurd and Stern knows this.
Munsters was simply abandoned by Dwight and he didn’t even have the decency to clean up and fix various bugs, etc. Well acknowledged Dwight is a top programmer, but his flat out lackluster coding for Munsters is almost criminal. For Stern to charge the same high prices on Munsters as let’s say SW or TMNT that has code galore is criminal. There is no excuse that Dwight has not increased the value of Munsters as he’s done on all his other games.
All you Stern/Dwight apologists need to stick with your day time job, because all Munster owners are not buying your propaganda excuses that it is suppose to be a simple game. Simple is fine, but simple does not mean lackluster, no significant show material, rinse repeat Munster Madness 3 times, the list of lazy coding goes on and on by Dwight. He literally put so little time and effort into Munsters is a shame of the nth degree.
Obviously not a Munsters owner so you continue to support the lies about what Stern’s so called intentions were. If Stern actually said this from the beginning, this was going to have such shallow code and no depth, because we want to do a “throwback” simple almost no depth at all game, no one would have purchased Munsters and most everyone knows it. Stern has badly treated any and all Munsters owners and has not given them their monies worth. Tragic, as many have pointed out, it could have been one of the great machines, if Dwight would get off his lazy behind and fix the code bugs, add some modes, make distinctions between Munster Madness 1, 2, 3. Give Marilyn, Eddy and Lilly actual modes and increase Herman and Grandpa to a more significant level that they deserve. Do this and Dwight will save his reputation. Ignore this and his reputation will continue to suffer no matter what project he works on. This will continue to haunt him the rest of his career. He did this same nonsense on GB and now he’s done it again on Munsters. Dwight has a history that is well known amongst pinball. He’s a top coder, but needs to finish the job on Munsters and then the stench will fade away on all his other projects too. Stern needs to support him in doing this, with other coders help, if need be, like they did on GB. If not, refund a portion of everyone’s money on Munsters, since they didn’t get their monies worth.
Don’t tell the owners they should just sell at a big loss and move on, that is hogwash too!

TLDR

#4402 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

OK, on a serious note. How do I hide my LE from my wife? I figured out the "don't have it delivered while she's home" thing, but not how to camouflage it once it's in place.

...Put a sticker on it that says Mandalorian Pro.

#4403 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

OK, on a serious note. How do I hide my LE from my wife? I figured out the "don't have it delivered while she's home" thing, but not how to camouflage it once it's in place.

You might have the room totally dark, with a spotlight showing on just Baby Grogu only and tell her you have a surprise that goes along with the baby.

#4404 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

OK, on a serious note. How do I hide my LE from my wife?

Good luck w/that..
B84CAD69-7F2A-402B-9B31-75389BF9EBB4 (resized).jpegB84CAD69-7F2A-402B-9B31-75389BF9EBB4 (resized).jpeg

#4405 2 years ago

You know what has even less to do than Munsters? Iron Man. Yet Dwight gets crucified while Lyman is worshiped.

Both are fun games, despite their shallow ruleset.

Now then...what game are we supposed to be complaining about?

#4406 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Will be interesting to see how all that works once people are able to stay up there for more than a couple seconds.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

this one seems like there’s less time to react.

for the upper playfield, i can see chimp-flipping and then keeping both flippers extended as a possible strategy. keeps a consistent smaller gap between the flippers vs the huge gaps that result from single flips.

balls will be coming back quickly at angles off the standups. with both flippers extended, these rebounds will encounter the flipper tips and should reduce the probability of draining. might even trap up more balls for better control, as well. with single flips, rebounds toward the lowered flipper are likely to get caught behind the raised one, resulting in certain drains.

mando upper playfield (resized).jpgmando upper playfield (resized).jpg
#4407 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Good luck..
[quoted image]

Hahaha! But, it will be more like, "so, you know how much our daughter loves baby yoda...".

#4408 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Give the game to your wife as a "surprise" present!

#4409 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

41fZDxiWGaL._AC_SX425_ (resized).jpg41fZDxiWGaL._AC_SX425_ (resized).jpg
#4410 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Hide it by buying her something really nice...

#4411 2 years ago

Stern/Dwight apologists need to stick with their daytime jobs, because most all Munster owners are not buying propaganda filled excuses, that it is suppose to be a simple game. Simple is fine, but simple does not mean no depth, shallow lackluster, no significant show material, rinse repeat Munster Madness 3 times, the list of minimal coding goes on and on by Dwight. He literally put so little time and effort into Munsters, it is a shame to the nth degree.

If Stern actually said this from the beginning, this was going to have such shallow code and no depth, because we want to do a “throwback” simple with almost no depth at all game, no one would have purchased Munsters. Stern has badly treated all Munsters owners code wise and has not given them their monies worth.

Tragic, as many have pointed out, it could have been one of the great top machines, if Dwight would fix the code bugs, add some modes, make distinctions between Munster Madness 1, 2, 3. Give Marilyn, Eddy and Lilly actual modes and increase Herman and Grandpa to a more significant level that they deserve. Do this and Dwight will save his reputation. Ignore this and his reputation will continue to suffer no matter what project he works on. Many will continue to not buy a Dwight coded game, just as Squizz has done. This will continue to haunt him the rest of his career. He did this same nonsense on GB and now he’s done it again on Munsters. Dwight has a history that is well known amongst pinball. He’s a top coder, but needs to finish the job on Munsters and then the ire will fade away on all his other projects too. Stern needs to support him in doing this, with other coders help, if need be, like they did on GB. If not, refund a portion of everyone’s money on Munsters, since they didn’t get their monies worth. Everyone plans on more code support on every Stern game purchased and have received it, except on GB (3 years later got fixed) and Munsters, both Dwight games.

Don’t tell the owners they should just sell at a big loss and move on, that is hogwash too!

#4412 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Okay show us the evidence that Dwight was suppose to make a shallow no depth throwback game to last in the home environment? Who at Stern told him this: prove it! Suppose some people believe this nonsense because it’s been repeated enough times. John Borg never said or indicated this to be a so called throwback game, nor did Dwight. At no point did Munsters fall into the category of being known as a shallow no depth game, till Dwight suddenly announced the game code was done. Then a “worst code ever” thread was created here on Pinside. No other Stern game as ever had a thread created like that. No consumer of Stern products wants to pay the same price as all the other well supported Stern games and be ripped off code wise, i.e., making a so called “throwback” with today’s prices is absurd and Stern knows this.
Munsters was simply abandoned by Dwight and he didn’t even have the decency to clean up and fix various bugs, etc. Well acknowledged Dwight is a top programmer, but his flat out lackluster coding for Munsters is almost criminal. For Stern to charge the same high prices on Munsters as let’s say SW or TMNT that has code galore is criminal. There is no excuse that Dwight has not increased the value of Munsters as he’s done on all his other games.
All you Stern/Dwight apologists need to stick with your day time job, because all Munster owners are not buying your propaganda excuses that it is suppose to be a simple game. Simple is fine, but simple does not mean lackluster, no significant show material, rinse repeat Munster Madness 3 times, the list of lazy coding goes on and on by Dwight. He literally put so little time and effort into Munsters is a shame to the nth degree.
Obviously not a Munsters owner so you continue to support the lies about what Stern’s so called intentions were. If Stern actually said this from the beginning, this was going to have such shallow code and no depth, because we want to do a “throwback” simple almost no depth at all game, no one would have purchased Munsters and most everyone knows this to be true. Stern has badly treated all Munsters owners and has not given them their monies worth.
Tragic, as many have pointed out, it could have been one of the great top machines, if Dwight would get off his lazy behind and fix the code bugs, add some modes, make distinctions between Munster Madness 1, 2, 3. Give Marilyn, Eddy and Lilly actual modes and increase Herman and Grandpa to a more significant level that they deserve. Do this and Dwight will save his reputation. Ignore this and his reputation will continue to suffer no matter what project he works on. Many will continue to not buy a Dwight coded game, just as Squizz has done. This will continue to haunt him the rest of his career. He did this same nonsense on GB and now he’s done it again on Munsters. Dwight has a history that is well known amongst pinball. He’s a top coder, but needs to finish the job on Munsters and then the stench will fade away on all his other projects too. Stern needs to support him in doing this, with other coders help, if need be, like they did on GB. If not, refund a portion of everyone’s money on Munsters, since they didn’t get their monies worth.

Watch Dwight go over the rules from when they were first showing them off.

Starting around 27:45 he even talks about how the features were designed to be easy to get to, which is why it defaulted to the ball save being off

He really goes over the entire game in detail and says the later madness modes are just slightly harder versions. It’s on you.

And no duh Star Wars gets more resources than the Munsters.

#4413 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Watch Dwight go over the rules from when they were first showing them off.

Starting around 27:45 he even talks about how the features were designed to be easy to get to, which is why it defaulted to the ball save being off
He really goes over the entire game in detail and says the later madness modes are just slightly harder versions. It’s on you.
And no duh Star Wars gets more resources than the Munsters.

LOOOOOL! You are completely up in the night on this one. That is no proof at all!!! He never says, this game is only going to get very minimal updates and no real support after 1.0. Nor does he say the game will be shallow, not much to the code depth. Never is there any indication in that reveal, the game will be abandoned by Dwight and Stern. You don’t get it do you??? After that reveal he even tried to appease all the upset people when they realized Dwight was giving up on the code, by removing Munster Madness 1 to 2. Absolute proof of the laziest of coding of any modern Stern game to date. Wow, you’re fooling no one with that video and really reaching. Do you work for Stern?

Slightly harder versions does not mean rinse repeat 3 times, with almost no effort by Dwight code wise and no depth of game play to last in a home environment. Exact same code! You must work for Stern with this flimsy no proof video.

#4414 2 years ago

I’ve learned 10x as much as I’ve ever wanted to know about Munsters in this thread...

#4415 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I’ve learned 10x as much as I’ve ever wanted to know about Munsters in this thread...

You got that one right, lol.

#4416 2 years ago

Can we PLEASE stop talking about the Munsters. Take the fight to another thread where it belongs.

#4417 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

LOOOOOL! You are completely up in the night on this one. That is no proof at all!!! He never says, this game is only going to get very minimal updates and no real support after 1.0. Nor does he say the game will be shallow, not much to the code depth. Never is there any indication in that reveal, the game will be abandoned by Dwight and Stern. You don’t get it do you??? After that reveal he even tried to appease all the upset people when they realized Dwight was giving up on the code, by removing Munster Madness 1 to 2. Absolute proof of the laziest of coding of any modern Stern game to date. Wow, you’re fooling no one with that video and really reaching. Do you work for Stern?
Slightly harder versions does not mean rinse repeat 3 times, with almost no effort by Dwight code wise and no depth of game play to last in a home environment. Exact same code! You must work for Stern with this flimsy no proof video.

CE18FBB8-513B-4DAA-BA67-A55B8B9C6033 (resized).pngCE18FBB8-513B-4DAA-BA67-A55B8B9C6033 (resized).png
#4418 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

If you get caught just say...
D695CCBC-C583-4F77-9A4C-035ED402DC14.gifD695CCBC-C583-4F77-9A4C-035ED402DC14.gif

#4419 2 years ago

Munster Madness right here...in this thread. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...I mean coding.

#4420 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Hide the invoice in the cab and use the Force.

#4421 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

for the upper playfield, i can see chimp-flipping and then keeping both flippers extended as a possible strategy. keeps a consistent smaller gap between the flippers vs the huge gaps that result from single flips.
balls will be coming back quickly at angles off the standups. with both flippers extended, these rebounds will encounter the flipper tips and should reduce the probability of draining. might even trap up more balls for better control, as well. with single flips, rebounds toward the lowered flipper are likely to get caught behind the raised one, resulting in certain drains. [quoted image]

It's real counterintuitive playing, keeping the flipper up when not using it instead of down.

#4422 2 years ago

Does anyone know if the upper PF flippers can be shut off while no ball is in the upper PF? Sure would reduce noise and wear on those flippers when they’re not being used.

#4423 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Does anyone know if the upper PF flippers can be shut off while no ball is in the upper PF? Sure would reduce noise and wear on those flippers when they’re not being used.

I think it will be the same as Munsters.... JK

#4424 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I think it will be the same as Munsters.... JK

That’s a good one. Lol

#4425 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

It's real counterintuitive playing, keeping the flipper up when not using it instead of down.

to elaborate further ...

from the dual engaged position one could use micro flip flicks to propel the ball upward. this could work well during upper pf MB with one ball trapped.

also, from the dual engaged position, disengage both flippers until they drop to straight across [the minimum gap condition] then reengage both to propel ball. keep the range of motion of the flippers between straight across and fully energized. no drains should result from balls hitting the backs of flippers.

mando upper playfield 3 (resized).jpgmando upper playfield 3 (resized).jpg
#4426 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

no drains should result from balls hitting the backs of flippers.[quoted image]

That's the risk part keeping just one flipper, non-ball cradled one in the up position. Hafta coordinate taking hand off the non-flipping one and flipping the other. Just have to practice it.

#4427 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Hide it with something she has absolutely no interrest on. My wife hates the laundy, so laying a dirty sock on top of the machine makes it basically invisible!

#4428 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Hide it with something she has absolutely no interrest on. My wife hates the laundy, so laying a dirty sock on top of the machine makes it basically invisible!

Ha!!! This might actually work!! Or better yet, I only need to knock out one wall and just like that, one big laundry room... with a "few" pinball machines.

#4429 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

And if you get caught, which you will, simply say you’re in negotiation with a gentleman from pinside who is buying machine X (name of one of your other machines). When weeks go by, say oh the deal didn’t go through and hopefully she won’t care about the extra machine you now have.

#4430 2 years ago

I enjoyed watching the stream and think this game has potential to hit all the right buttons for me.

Some things that stood out that I like are: I like the layout-it looks different and unique. At first I cringed with the mini-pf, but after watching stream it looks pretty hard and does not seem to have a repetitive feeling. Looks like it will take some skill and ball drains quickly(should be interesting). Second thing I love love love is the video from series for animations that follow story and modes-thank you so much-no cheesy cartoon clips. Other thing that stood out was the GI lighting during certain modes-love the blasting red ones,etc. This game is looking fun to me, and a journey game which will keep my interest for some time. Can't wait to hear more call-outs! Really looking forward to this one, and already started buying mods

#4431 2 years ago

What depth does TAF - the most successful pinball of all time (commercially and in volume) - have? TAF was (is) my grail pin, but if it was released today it would be crucified. Chair, ramp, chair, ramp, bookcase.

It seems nuts to me, in terms of buying anything, to buy something on the basis that it might one day be radically better in the future. Why would you buy Munsters if you were looking for depth? Was it advertised as having this depth on launch, or "coming soon"? Or did people simply think that it should have depth, therefore will have depth if they wait long enough.

I would also argue that not every single pinball that gets released has to be deep. There is space in the market for pins that are just "pick up and play", like TAF is. If your favourite theme ends up being one of these shallow ones, and you're a fan of deep rules, then that sucks - but it is what it is.

#4432 2 years ago
5auwyh (resized).jpg5auwyh (resized).jpg
#4433 2 years ago

I've never purchased a new Stern before. I'm in Oklahoma. What's the best route for me to get my hands on one of these?

#4434 2 years ago
Quoted from njenabnit:

I've never purchased a new Stern before. I'm in Oklahoma. What's the best route for me to get my hands on one of these?

Contact a distributor. I suggest Trent/Troy at tilt amusements, or Zach at Flip n Out

#4435 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Contact a distributor. I suggest Trent/Troy at tilt amusements, or Zach at Flip n Out

Both good options

#4436 2 years ago

I will not mention the M word-actually think it is fun but will mention two others....

1. Star Flippin Wars Mandalorian

2. Carl Flippin Weathers

Dropping the mic now-no other words necessary

#4437 2 years ago
Quoted from njenabnit:

This guy right here. He has always done his best for me and he tells it like it is. He also goes to pinball shows and exhibits games. Get on his mailing list or call. Great reference in the pinball industry.

https://www.kingpingames.net/

#4438 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Both good options

Pinballs.com I think is East Coast #1 distributor in volume.

#4439 2 years ago

Any word when LEs start to ship?

#4440 2 years ago
Quoted from njenabnit:

Quick, distributors, get all your shills lined up, we got a live one here... But honestly Joe at PinballSTAR has done me right.

#4441 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:Any word when LEs start to ship?

I remember July was mentioned in the Stern Army webinar.

#4442 2 years ago

Joe isn't a distributor for Stern (but just about every other manufacturer!). Great guy.

Quoted from Bublehead:

Quick, distributors, get all your shills lined up, we got a live one here... But honestly Joe at PinballSTAR has done me right.

#4443 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCoinSlotTC:

I remember July was mentioned in the Stern Army webinar.

LE production is allegedly to begin early June. No idea how that translates to shipping

#4444 2 years ago

Anyone take delivery on one of these yet?

#4445 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

... I don't want to shoot static Tie Fighters on the screen with the action button.

that's perfectly where you didnt understand it : this few seconds of action in SW was not made to gift you some easy TF... the purpose is to make you remove hands from the flippers buttons (and lose the ball !!!)

if you're good enough, and/or with practice, you can deal with it most of the time
but than, when i have "lambda" players on my SW, i can see it with no doubt : the fact is these guys are quite always losing the ball

#4446 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

But honestly Joe at PinballSTAR has done me right.

Has he ever sold you a NIB Stern?

#4447 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Has he ever sold you a NIB Stern?

Don't keep track of what he sells, just know he has taken care of me in the past as a distributor.

#4448 2 years ago

The Hero setting is long overdue.

It means if you have someone round who has never played before, you can be the hero and maybe quickly go from hero to zero

Makes pinball way more inclusive.

Heck, I might even beat Elwin

#4449 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

that's perfectly where you didnt understand it : this few seconds of action in SW was not made to gift you some easy TF... the purpose is to make you remove hands from the flippers buttons (and lose the ball !!!)
if you're good enough, and/or with practice, you can deal with it most of the time
but than, when i have "lambda" players on my SW, i can see it with no doubt : the fact is these guys are quite always losing the ball

Yeah...what makes you think I didn't know the purpose of it? I just don't think it's incorporating the story in the ruleset well.

#4450 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Yeah...what makes you think I didn't know the purpose of it? I just don't think it's incorporating the story in the ruleset well.

and i can understand that

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 22.95
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Raleigh, NC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/89?hl=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.