(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 153.
#4151 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What are you talking about?? People loved that game from day one including me. It’s even better now for sure, but the game was great to start with.
Wanna do TWD too? That game was one of my favorites DAY ONE. Yeah it got even better over time, but still was amazing from the beginning.

You don’t know your history on Batman very well. Even Lyman thought it was a mess and rethought the code. I remember when I bought it and waited years for it to be completed. It finally got there, but in the beginning it was mainly a box of lights...yes at day one. Go back and read the forum comments and they support what I’m saying. You’re are the first person I’ve ever heard say it was a great game day 1.

#4152 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

No game comes out of the gate with completed code and people do have some expectation that the code will evolve. Look at Stranger Things,

I bought stranger things LE month 1 based off what it currently was. I played a pro, loved it, bought an LE. Loved it. Still love it. Why is that so hard to comprehend?? The code was .60. I still loved it as it stood.

#4153 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

You don’t know your history on Batman very well. Even Lyman thought it was a mess and rethought the code.

That doesn’t matter to me. All that matters is I liked the game day 1. Why is that so hard to comprehend?

#4154 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

You’re are the first person I’ve ever heard say it was a great game day 1.

So what??

#4155 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What are you talking about?? People loved that game from day one including me. It’s even better now for sure, but the game was great to start with.
Wanna do TWD too? That game was one of my favorites DAY ONE. Yeah it got even better over time, but still was amazing from the beginning.

TWD was one of my favorites day one and to this day but it was also widely criticized early on as clunky and the “Walking Dud”

Even Lyman admitted that BM66 barely had playable code when it showed up

Why anyone cares? Who knows. In Lyman we trust. Period

#4156 2 years ago

I liked B66 day one and still like it. Never liked it enough to own it at any point. It doesn’t matter.

What matters is blaming a company for not making a game the way you thought they should make it.

Why not wait until it’s done and decide? Blows my mind that people think stern is to be held accountable for their bad decisions.

#4157 2 years ago

Back to Mando, the Pro suddenly seems almost more interesting than the Premium, because of that upper playfield. Fair to assume this?

Edit: I'm actually starting to think I'd be happy with a Pro at this point!

#4158 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mistake #1

This is horseshit. It was going to be simple like Scared Stiff from day one. Ask anyone that wasn’t blinded.
STOP buying games for what you hope they will be.

There was no word on the code until Stern and Deadflip did the stream mate!
That is when we all saw what the code was!
For some of us, this was already too late...

Simple you say as Scared stiff?
What a load of Rubbish!

#4159 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That doesn’t matter to me. All that matters is I liked the game day 1. Why is that so hard to comprehend?

Why is it so hard for YOU to Comprehend that others have a different opinion?

#4160 2 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

There was no word on the code until Stern and Deadflip did the stream mate!
That is when we all saw what the code was!
For some of us, this was already too late...
Simple you say as Scared stiff?
What a load of Rubbish!

Care to elaborate? You have the same opportunity to play game as everyone else. You just choose to buy or not buy early for whatever reason. I suggest buying every new game way used after you see whether it turns out the way you think it should or not.

#4161 2 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Why is it so hard for YOU to Comprehend that others have a different opinion?

Different opinions are TOTALLY fine. It’s the shit talking after you bought a game too early for what you hoped it would be, and blaming it on others that chaps my ass. Just wait. Why can’t you wait??

#4162 2 years ago

I remember Munsters reveal stream where Dwight said the goal of the team was to make an easy rule set, which is why it defaulted to ball save off and such. I think it’s only major flaw is the second time through the code is weak. Definitely a game I put $10 into that summer of release and haven’t thought of since.

Batman 66 was a turd for a year. Now it’s one of the best games (code wise)

Ghostbusters code was ok, but it did need some extra work including the Are You A God super wizard mode that was teased

The difference is Stern was upfront about Batman 66 being a work in progress and they promised they’d come back to Ghostbusters for years before actually doing it

I think Stranger Things was poor when it came out, but you could see the skeleton of a game that they were going to fill out

Mando seems like a good framework. Just needs the polish and the wizard modes that few people will ever actually see.

#4163 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I liked B66 day one and still like it. Never liked it enough to own it at any point. It doesn’t matter.
What matters is blaming a company for not making a game the way you thought they should make it.
Why not wait until it’s done and decide? Blows my mind that people think stern is to be held accountable for their bad decisions.

Why a bad decision?
We live in the year 2021, not 1990's
For the prices we pay today, we expect our moneys worth!
We are no longer paying KIA prices...

Like I have said in the past, Munsters = Lazy code! If Llyman had done the code, Munsters would be a top 10 for sure!
One of the best art work package, and great flow and lighting.
Code and Video package lets it down!

#4164 2 years ago

Is this the first game with spotlights in the apron?

#4165 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Different opinions are TOTALLY fine. It’s the shit talking after you bought a game too early for what you hoped it would be, and blaming it on others that chaps my ass. Just wait. Why can’t you wait??

If you want a LE you don’t get to wait. It’s annoying AF

#4166 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What shit talking?
The Truth?

If you like Munsters so much, Why haven't you brought it?
Seems to have the shallow code you like..

Anyway - In Llyman I trust, for me Dwight needs to show he cares.

Anyway - back to Mandalorian

#4167 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Is this the first game with spotlights in the apron?

No, plenty do

#4168 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

With this flawed logic, no one would be able to purchase an LE. Mando was sold out before it was even announced and now understand that even Godzilla is already sold out and its 4 months away. The difference with KE games, we know for certain the code will be stellar. With Dwight, he has a history of leaving games unsupported with code polish, updates and code support. Munsters got only 2 meaningful updates after release and they were only to switch Munster Madness level 1 to level 2). He is a good coder, but leaves the project too early. Look no further than GB, Munsters and even the great code he did on TMNT, still needs polish and code fixes. Final battle there is no speech in 1.41 for example. It got removed in an update and still not fixed. KE or Lyman games would never be left that way. Only Dwight does this. Tragic too, because I think Stern pulls him in too many directions, because he is such a great coder. He needs to go back and fix Munsters with much needed code polish, depth and fixes, plain and simple.

#4169 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

You’re are the first person I’ve ever heard say it was a great game day 1.

I'm the second.

#4171 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

If you want a LE you don’t get to wait. It’s annoying AF

If you want an LE, you damn well know the risks. Or at least I hope you know the risks. Either way, you can still wait if you’re really that concerned.

#4172 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

With this flawed logic, no one would be able to purchase an LE.

Yes they would. They just wouldn’t bitch on the forums if it wasn’t what they thought it would be. They would sell it and move on like lots of people I know.

#4173 2 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

If you like Munsters so much, Why haven't you brought it?

Because it doesn’t have staying power. Guess how I figured that out?? I played it. A lot. Then I decided to buy or not buy. THIS IS VERY SIMPLE.

#4174 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you want an LE, you damn well know the risks. Or at least I hope you know the risks. Either way, you can still wait if you’re really that concerned.

I and others are getting a kit to completely rebuild the EM spinner mech in LZ. It'll finally solve the spinner issues that were plaguing LE owners. I'm fine with being an early adopter and working the kinks out. GOT and STh were the most annoying...after that, anything is minor. Every time, the risk has been worth owning an LE, even if code doesn't shape up the way I envisioned. And who the hell am I, anyway?

#4175 2 years ago

So... when do we get an owners thread?

#4176 2 years ago
Of course you would say this. You made a boatload of money on your atomic pile, lol.

#4177 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

So... when do we get an owners thread?

This is it. They locked the others. Enjoy the off-topic banter.

#4178 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes they would. They just wouldn’t bitch on the forums if it wasn’t what they thought it would be. They would sell it and move on like lots of people I know.

Lol, ultimate Stern apologists for pure laziness with Dwight’s shallow coding. Munsters code is complete and utter laziness. Munster madness 1, 2, 3 is tragically a rinse and repeat 3 times. How can you not understand this? Why should anyone have to move on from a theme they love???

#4179 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Back to Mando, the Pro suddenly seems almost more interesting than the Premium, because of that upper playfield. Fair to assume this?
Edit: I'm actually starting to think I'd be happy with a Pro at this point!

Saltimbanco I agree 100%
I was minded to go with Premium then I watched the stream and now I think I will get equal fun with the Pro, so... I just preordered the pro, it will be my first NIB!
I can live without the magnet, I can live without the ramp return too as it will be managed in the software. For the mini-playfield, I even think it will be more fun with only 1 flipper. Ofc, it will be less attractive visually but in term of gameplay I am very optimistic.
The biggest cons is the plastic ramp that hide too much the PF but I will probably replace it by a metal one
Oh and the cool part is I am saving money so the next pin will come faster!

#4180 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You getting a Mando, if so what flavour?

#4181 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

You getting a Mando, if so what flavour?

I'm not...for a moment, I thought I was in the STh thread and I had to get chuckwurt 's back because he's an epic contributor to this forum.

You'll notice I was quiet until then...

And PS - Why do you care? I'm not trashing the game like GnR fanboys were doing in the LZ thread. I think this game looks cool and I'm happy for all you owners. I just have a SW already...don't want to overdo it with the Star Wars themes.

PPS - I just now realize you may have been honestly asking me if I was getting one rather than being coy with your question. So I'll shut up now. Promise.

#4182 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Lol, ultimate Stern apologists for pure laziness with Dwight’s shallow coding. Munsters code is complete and utter laziness. Munster madness 1, 2, 3 is tragically a rinse and repeat 3 times. How can you not understand this? Why should anyone have to move on from a theme they love???

Because they don’t like the game their theme is based on? It’s nuts that I have to keep saying this.

Just because a company happens to release a game based off your dream theme, they owe NOTHING to you. It still runs the risk of being a game you don’t like.

Is that disappointing? 100%. But that’s on you if you don’t do your due diligence to see if your dream theme is actually a game you like.

#4183 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

Saltimbanco I agree 100%
I was minded to go with Premium then I watched the stream and now I think I will get equal fun with the Pro, so... I just preordered the pro, it will be my first NIB!
I can live without the magnet, I can live without the ramp return too as it will be managed in the software. For the mini-playfield, I even think it will be more fun with only 1 flipper. Ofc, it will be less attractive visually but in term of gameplay I am very optimistic.
The biggest cons is the plastic ramp that hide too much the PF but I will probably replace it by a metal one

My thinking as well, and ordering a Pro should be a bit easier to do with our distro, lol, he originally didn't show much interest selling me either the LE or the Premium (I obviously get why, and I'm fine with that).

The Pro, I'll get receive and play quite fast. Whatever money saved could go towards those modded wireforms (theyll start appearing soon enough) and maybe on a modded animatronic Grogu

#4184 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Because they don’t like the game their theme is based on? It’s nuts that I have to keep saying this.
Just because a company happens to release a game based off your dream theme, they owe NOTHING to you. It still runs the risk of being a game you don’t like.
Is that disappointing? 100%. But that’s on you if you don’t do your due diligence to see if your dream theme is actually a game you like.

Wow, this is delusional illogic at its best. Any pinball company we spend a whopping $10,000.00 with owes us a ton of deep code to last in a home environment. Due diligence in the hobby of pinball is impossible since games are released before code is finished. We trust certain coders will give us our monies worth, like Lyman or Elwin or even others, but Dwight, we can’t trust him at this point. If he were to fix Munsters, like he fixed GB, that would be the right thing to do and then we can begin to trust him like the others. Stop the apologizing for laziness and trying to make us the consumer the one’s responsible, we are not ever as a customer responsible for the laziness of a coder.

#4185 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm not...for a moment, I thought I was in the STh thread and I had to get chuckwurt 's back because he's an epic contributor to this forum.
You'll notice I was quiet until then...
And PS - Why do you care? I'm not trashing the game like GnR fanboys were doing in the LZ thread. I think this game looks cool and I'm happy for all you owners. I just have a SW already...don't want to overdo it with the Star Wars themes.
PPS - I just now realize you may have been honestly asking me if I was getting one rather than being coy with your question. So I'll shut up now. Promise.

Lol, I was actually asking! Because I'm on the fence about getting a Pro at this point, ChrisLIX has pointed out pretty much how I'm seeing this going for me!

I have no idea about the rest of your comment, lol, I'm here for the Mando pinball, nothing but pinballs!

#4186 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

My thinking as well, and ordering a Pro should be a bit easier to do with our distro, lol, he originally didn't show much interest selling me either the LE or the Premium (I obviously get why, and I'm fine with that).
The Pro, I'll get receive and play quite fast. Whatever money saved could go towards those modded wireforms (theyll start appearing soon enough) and maybe on a modded animatronic Grogu

You are talking about player one ?

#4187 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

they owe NOTHING to you.

Exactly - That's why I no longer going to purchase a Dwight coded game!
Who's loss? mine? Nope! Stern is the one losing another LE purchase.
TMNT, Now Mandalorian! It's easy.... Saved me around $29,000

Fix Munsters, then I'll consider another Dwight game.

P.s - To say that the code stays the same on day release is horse crap.
look at all the updates Stranger Things got since release!
and many other games released! Modes added, timing changed, Videos added etc etc etc

Now look at Munsters!!!!
Forgotten - 50% or more of the video contents are unused are still sitting there within the code.....

Get real.

Ps - Munsters is the only game released from Stern to have a topic called worst code ever!

Should be ashamed, very ashamed.

#4188 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That game was one of my favorites DAY ONE.

But how do we even know we like it day 1? On day one the LEs are gone, we get some photos and ad copy and we know NOTHING about how it shoots, how deep the rules are, what moves, what rotates... what interacts with the ball? And you question people who would just want to know what they are getting before dropping $7k on a toy? These things are one of the most expensive Hinder JOY eggs, blind box collectible "grab bags" on the planet, and I for one am not buying it.

#4189 2 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

You are talking about player one ?

There's no other option than playerOne I think here. Am I right?

#4190 2 years ago

Stern lost ZERO LE purchases.
There was nothing wrong with tmnt code.
It was just extremely hard and fast for the theme.

Quoted from Squizz:

Exactly - That's why I no longer going to purchase a Dwight coded game!
Who's loss? mine? Nope! Stern is the one losing another LE purchase.
TMNT, Now Mandalorian! It's easy.... Saved me around $29,000
Fix Munsters, then I'll consider another Dwight game.

#4191 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yikes, I hope this won’t become the owners thread, lol. With all the off-topic discussions and posts by people who have no intention to be owners, Reddit/pinball is more of a Mandalorian owners thread

#4192 2 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

You're used to being a dick. So, there's that.

#4193 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Stern lost ZERO LE purchases.
There was nothing wrong with tmnt code.
It was just extremely hard and fast for the theme.

You could look at it that way for sure, But if I had of purchased an LE, then there would have been another Premium sold!
Either way you look at it, They lost 2 sales now ( LE or Premium's)

#4194 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

There's no other option than playerOne I think here. Am I right?

For Eastern Canada, no there is not.

#4195 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s nuts that I have to keep saying this.

You don't.

#4196 2 years ago

Listening to people complain about not getting to see a pin before deciding to buy a LE or not...
Those people weren’t gonna get a chance to get one any ways.
Some people gonna complain about the price, give distro a hard time,
Blah blah blah.
There is obviously a certain group of people that are either dialed into what’s going on,
Don’t care because they will buy and sell if they don’t like and would rather feel confident they are locked in,
And those that flip.
Maybe these machines especially LE have been under valued for years and all the “critics” were too busy complaining to see it coming.

#4197 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

This in spades. Lazy programming on Munsters on Dwight’s part is a total understatement. What little code is there is great, but he and Stern really were sticking it to all you Munsters owners, with so little code in an otherwise great game. Sick and tired of reading Stern apologists: “Stern wanted a simple game”...simple does not mean shallow or no code depth or after release no code support!!! Dwight must have coded Munsters in about 4 or 5 afternoons, so what did he do with the rest of his time?
Feel for your situation. If the code were equal to all other Dwight games, you’d be able to sell your Munsters at a profit or at least for what you paid. Shame on Dwight and Stern! Dwight, please correct this travesty! Would have purchased, if not for such lazy lackluster code, with almost no code support after release. Sure hope Dwight doesn’t do this to Mando.

I won't copy and paste all the Munster's updates here just to fill up a massive amount of space. But Munsters was released with v.81 code on 12/7/2018. It was updated TEN times and the last update was v1.03 on 3/9/2020. So 10 updates in 14 months. It is not very deep, but updates were plentiful, just look at the read-me file.

https://sternpinball.com/?post_type=game_code&s=munsters

#4198 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

For Eastern Canada, no there is not.

Shame, cause it gives to much power for 1 unique distro

#4199 2 years ago

I just put a couple of games on my MunstersLE since you guys brought it up

That’s what it is. A FUN game to flip in a bigger collection.

Do I love Dwight after waiting so long on GB update? No but they did say Munsters was going to be more “approachable”. A cop out? More code = more better

I’m not sure what game has forever staying power. My TWD also sits there these days unloved and not played much

It still ranks as the pin with most plays on a game by me by far. It was also when i had a lot less games .

Elwin and Lyman are mortal locks. Lyman could even possibly get me to buy Rush although that might be to big of a hill to climb for me

#4200 2 years ago

Maybe these machines especially LE have been under valued for years and all the “critics” were too busy complaining to see it coming.

I never had a doubt.

Who wants my STHLE for $12k? Jk, wouldn’t sell it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lansing, KS
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 22.95
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Northfield, MN
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/84 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.