(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,620 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by brzezicki
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg
5.42 Mandalorian Manual (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 153.
#4101 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The price of STh LE's have gone up in price for a reason. The market disagrees with you. The pin is fun as hell to play.
And my TK lock works great, and required very little tweaking.

Agreed. I own Stth premium and it is fun!!

#4102 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

No date to announce for that yet. I’ll post once I know!

Something you might consider in future videos is add audio sub-titles for your viewers. Because with masks on it was difficult to hear.

#4103 2 years ago

Did the wizard mode “prison break” get revealed and was there quotes or pics from these guys?
359F9D6C-CD5A-4722-9174-588061CB8FE5 (resized).jpeg359F9D6C-CD5A-4722-9174-588061CB8FE5 (resized).jpeg

#4104 2 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Yup, Reason why I'm not buying any more Dwight coded games atm.
He is a great coder with awesome ideas, BUT please please finish/polish the games
GB (3 years) and now Munsters (Copy paste lvl 2 and 3) has me Gutted
So much content - videos on within the code never used etc.
Mandalorian looks good, tho not fond of the upper level playfield ( kinda lame to me and a drain monster)
also the ball falling of the rail when you hit the U loop fast is bad, don't know why this wasn't already fixed prior to the live stream.
I feel, the more we pay for the machines, the less we are getting.

Elvira is packed with video content. Dwight had 70 Munsters episodes to pull video from. He missed a major opportunity with that one. Lame call outs and the same few clips over and over. Should have pulled actual footage of Grandpa’s Dragula racing from the episode instead of that weak cutscene. But I digress.

For what they are asking for games and for what we are paying it’s not too much to ask for the best bang for our buck.

#4105 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The price of STh LE's have gone up in price for a reason. The market disagrees with you. The pin is fun as hell to play.
And my TK lock works great, and required very little tweaking.

I was already set straight earlier. Thanks.

#4106 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Did the wizard mode “prison break” get revealed and was there quotes or pics from these guys?
[quoted image]

Clancy Brown and Burr alone. Doesn't get much better than that.

#4107 2 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I was already set straight earlier. Thanks.

No problem. I'm sure you are used to it.

#4108 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No problem. I'm sure you are used to it.

You're used to being a dick. So, there's that.

#4109 2 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Something you might consider in future videos is add audio sub-titles for your viewers. Because with masks on it was difficult to hear.

Sound seemed ok to me but a minor criticism would be "more is not always better" meaning having Everyone mic'd up with a microphone gave away Jacks ability to control the show, dialog, and flow. Everyone wants to be heard yet sometimes they didn't need to be. I prefer the simple platform of a group playing (preferably Better players with him) with some subtle commentary as achievements are made. Wild suggestion to consider would be to educate Jack on the rules set etc Before the presentation with the engineers and let him convey and ask questions beyond that during play. Some people are simply better at presenting sorry.

#4110 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

Clancy Brown and Burr alone. Doesn't get much better than that.

5354C395-3E06-444B-A442-24FC44DEA7F5.gif5354C395-3E06-444B-A442-24FC44DEA7F5.gif

#4111 2 years ago

I didn't find the guys in masks hard to understand. Could hear everyone talking, and hear the game. No weird echoes, no super loud guy and one super quiet guy. In an open space with all the audio sources and people speaking I thought it worked great.

Yes, a lot could be done to make the presentation of the initial stream more marketing/slick. With most products you never see any of the people involved behind the scenes, you only get marketing guys doing the dance. For me, one of the things I enjoy most about the hobby is seeing the people behind the design and coding of the pins showing off their games. You can tell its not just a paycheck. Did Dwight go on a bit long about some the rules and shots? Arguably. But it is his and Brian's and the entire teams game that they worked on for over a year. I say go for it.

As for the pin itself, I thought it had a lot of great shots, good flow and comboing, great sounds, light show and the rules looked interesting with a lot of variety.

I do want more audio clips from the episodes where possible. There might be lots we haven't seen yet though, didn't get very deep into the game during the stream. They definitely need to fix the balls flying off of wireforms but I have confidence it will get resolved.

Still ok with passing on my LE, Premium with side rails looks awesome. Looking forward to playing one sometime soon.

#4112 2 years ago

It looks like it flows/shoots well and I'm curious about the rules, but I didn't like the looks of the mini-PF and area near the baby Yoda.

Looking forward to trying it out, but I doubt I'll ever consider buying one.

#4113 2 years ago
Quoted from tr8785:

There’s a ton of negative Nancy middle aged WASPS on this forum who’s wives stopped sleeping with them decades ago. They tend to bitch and moan and dissect every aspect of a game. They’ll never be happy or satisfied. They want the good old days of Bally Williams back but also want all the latest voice actors, mechs, etc etc. oh and they believe Gary Stern is the anti christ.

This is a ****ing perfect post.

#4114 2 years ago

Game looks like a lot of fun. Cant please everyone, thanks to all who contributed and made the stream happen. I’ll be getting a pro and will have some fun trying to make a few mods.

#4115 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

Does Luke get any representation on the lcd encounters or anything?

Yes. He is in one of the wizard modes.

#4116 2 years ago

What is the point of the hanging thing under the ship? I thought it might block shots but it really doesn't. It's just kind of there?

#4117 2 years ago
Quoted from tr8785:

and they believe Gary Stern is the anti christ.

I think that's meant to be a compliment. After all, the anti-christ is also apparently responsible for some of the most kick ass rock music we've got.

#4118 2 years ago

It is the way it is because they clearly have no idea what they are doing.

Everything is a trial an error, the whole pinball streaming things is relatively new and it started by accident and serendipity just like Jack told the story of the very first stream. He was at the right place at the right time and there was nobody else that is both a good player and has somewhat of a personality like Jack.

From there forward everything is improvised. They just got lapelle mics for the first time yesterday, there is no script, there is no budget, there is nothing... other than the usual stream, with a bunch of people asking random questions that never get answered.
It is chaotic, unscripted and unorganized.

I expected that... no complaints there.

Maybe we are expecting ‘apple’ type of marketing... there is no budget for that, clearly, nor there is interest.

Just a thought...

#4119 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Yes. He is in one of the wizard modes.

Awesome can’t wait to get it

#4120 2 years ago

Is the shoot out scene with IG-11 in the game, where they find the child? Surely it has to be bit I didn't catch it in the stream.

#4121 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Is the shoot out scene with IG-11 in the game, where they find the child? Surely it has to be bit I didn't catch it in the stream.

Yes

#4122 2 years ago

That's awesome news, as its my favourite scene. Thanks man.

#4123 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Elvira is packed with video content. Dwight had 70 Munsters episodes to pull video from. He missed a major opportunity with that one. Lame call outs and the same few clips over and over. Should have pulled actual footage of Grandpa’s Dragula racing from the episode instead of that weak cutscene. But I digress.
For what they are asking for games and for what we are paying it’s not too much to ask for the best bang for our buck.

I really really hope Dwight does Munsters proud! But I'm not going to hold my breath.
you are spot on regarding Videos provided, and what we got is the same with the poor code.

I must admit, TMNT looks great, and code is cool as. But not purchasing one on principal!!!

#4124 2 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

This is a ****ing perfect post.

Why? Because some of us do not like what we saw and posted our opinions?
Shame on us I guess....

#4125 2 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

I really really hope Dwight does Munsters proud! But I'm not going to hold my breath.
you are spot on regarding Videos provided, and what we got is the same with the poor code.
I must admit, TMNT looks great, and code is cool as. But not purchasing one on principal!!!

Just wondering what principal is that? I am not purchasing one because of the frigging monotargets.

#4126 2 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Munsters is done and a fun game. If you’re disappointed with it, I suggest you sell it and move on. If you didn’t like it enough to own it for a long time, why did you buy it?

#4127 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My word of advice to everyone considering this game:
Please please please play this first. Even though it’s .83 code. Let’s assume all the modes and multiballs are coded.
The only things I would expect from here on out are bug fixes, scoring balances and other tweaks to the game via light shows and possibly callouts.
And don’t even expect that. Please please please base your purchase on what the game is, not what you hope it will become.
I promise you’ll never be disappointed if you approach it this way.
I’m probably more stoked than anyone to get this game after last nights stream. That being said, if I buy this in the next six months I’ll be surprised.
These games will be available NIB for years. Take your time.

I agree!!

I’m very keen for this title with Dwight, Brian etc..... I’ve got SW comic would look great together.

I’m being very selective now as I don’t want to sell my current pins. Have to debate if Alien or Godzilla might be better possibly next Spooky or CGC as well.

I’m not really sold on the upper left (child) space yet.

#4128 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Munsters is done and a fun game. If you’re disappointed with it, I suggest you sell it and move on. If you didn’t like it enough to own it for a long time, why did you buy it?

I brought it because it was one of my favorite themes.
Had my name down on a LE as many did as soon as it was known it was going to be released as there next pin!

If it had been known prior that it was going to be a lazy code, I wouldn't have purchased this. (and I'm sure others wouldn't have also)

Why would I want to take a $2,000 loss on a new game I just purchased that was only just over a month old at the time!

I'm stuck with this until either Dwight does good with the code OR to where I'm happy to get a less of a loss and move the F#@#er on.

#4129 2 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Why? Because some of us do not like what we saw and posted our opinions?
Shame on us I guess....

Yeah, and you gotta love the snarky comment about "wives stopped sleeping with them decades ago". So insightful! Until we all play this game, both positive and negative comments are simply BS. Anyone getting bent out of shape now is just a fanboy - getting all upset that some of the faithful are busting their balls apparently.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I bought it because I liked the license and loved the art package. Game sucked. CPU blew after 30 games. After getting a new one, sold it after 3 months...total miss for players that like to be challenged. To be honest, Keith has spoiled me...nice to own a game designed by a player.

#4130 2 years ago

I’ll admit it that I’m disappointed with the assets. I’m looking at SW with more movie clips and callouts from the films. Not hearing any callouts from Mandalorian.

#4131 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I agree .Just played it for the first time, finally got to FT Wayne pinball after the expansion .Also I was meh on AIQ until I played it today .Like you tell them CW get out and try them out .Buy what makes you happy .”Happy” being the key word .

#4132 2 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

This in spades. Lazy programming on Munsters on Dwight’s part is a total understatement. What little code is there is great, but he and Stern really were sticking it to all you Munsters owners, with so little code in an otherwise great game. Sick and tired of reading Stern apologists: “Stern wanted a simple game”...simple does not mean shallow or no code depth or after release no code support!!! Dwight must have coded Munsters in about 4 or 5 afternoons, so what did he do with the rest of his time?

Feel for your situation. If the code were equal to all other Dwight games, you’d be able to sell your Munsters at a profit or at least for what you paid. Shame on Dwight and Stern! Dwight, please correct this travesty! Would have purchased, if not for such lazy lackluster code, with almost no code support after release. Sure hope Dwight doesn’t do this to Mando.

#4133 2 years ago
Quoted from Supermans:

LOL. You got me to watch it

One thing is clear to me after reading this thread and watching the entire gameplay reveal. We pinheads are a tough bunch to please. So many more negatives vs positives with this game and that is being kind. Baby Yoda/Grogu doll might as well not even been there. Upper playfield’s gameplay mechanic is boring. Probably more fun in the pro with one flipper. The video and sound clips used were underwhelming at best. Possible fixes to these things would be to have a more robust callout system with voice actors that care about pinball. Create a more imaginative upper left corner mechanic somehow. Perhaps Moff Gideons ship that he brings down in the corner as a target that splits open to reveal a Moff Gideon figure inside when defeated would have been more fun than that the lifeless doll. Baby Yoda Pop-up targets where he would eat pinballs with a cutscene of him eating those eggs from that episode would have made the game more interesting. Overall I hope the next game is better, this one will be a hard pass for me. I’m sure kids will have fun with it though as any modern day pinball machine is still fun to play.

I have always thought that in a Star Wars Pin, with all the mechs in the movies, a pin should take advantage of that. One thing that people liked about TMNT was the Van. Have a Tie fighter that balls go into and come out of after hitting some drop targets to destroy it or something. For a Mando pin have them come out of a Razor Crest or the Jawa Crawler, make the pop bumpers the feet of the AT-ST, hell just put an AT-ST on the pops like they did for Krang on TMNT. Habbitrails wrapping around an AT-AT on Star Wars would have been a cool feature. For games involving mechs not using the mechs in the movies/shows any better than has been done is just missing the mark badly for me.

#4134 2 years ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

I have always thought that in a Star Wars Pin, with all the mechs in the movies, a pin should take advantage of that. One thing that people liked about TMNT was the Van. Have a Tie fighter that balls go into and come out of after hitting some drop targets to destroy it or something. For a Mando pin have them come out of a Razor Crest or the Jawa Crawler, make the pop bumpers the feet of the AT-ST, hell just put an AT-ST on the pops like they did for Krang on TMNT. Habbitrails wrapping around an AT-AT on Star Wars would have been a cool feature. For games involving mechs not using the mechs in the movies/shows any better than has been done is just missing the mark badly for me.

#4135 2 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

I brought it because it was one of my favorite themes.

Mistake #1

Quoted from Squizz:

If it had been known prior that it was going to be a lazy code

This is horseshit. It was going to be simple like Scared Stiff from day one. Ask anyone that wasn’t blinded.

STOP buying games for what you hope they will be.

#4136 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I bought it because I liked the license and loved the art package.

Mistake #1. Hopefully you learned your lesson.

#4137 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mistake #1

This is horseshit. It was going to be simple like Scared Stiff from day one. Ask anyone that wasn’t blinded.
STOP buying games for what you hope they will be.

You are obviously one of those Stern apologists. No one knew from day one Munsters was going to have no code depth. Simple is fine, but shallow is the BS part and you know it. Read again what I posted above, since you’re having a hard time getting it. If Stern were charging Scared Stiff prices, no one would care if it was as shallow as Sacred Stiff. Stern is now selling to home users, not just arcades, which was the only market for Scared Stiff at the time. Operators don’t care how deep the code is.

It is not a mistake for someone to really like a theme and art package, that is why Stern spends so much time and money finding themes and creating art we all want to buy. Munsters is one of them. Didn’t think you would need some lessons on pinball basics.

#4138 2 years ago

wasp (resized).pngwasp (resized).png
#4139 2 years ago

So... when are they streaming the game?

Video on Friday was mainly Dwight talking.
(I love his enthusiasm tough! )

#4140 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mistake #1 STOP buying games for what you hope they will be.

If we all stopped buying games for what we hoped them to be, we would no longer buy any pinball game since none of them are complete when released!

#4141 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

You are obviously one of those Stern apologists.

No I’m not. I’m someone that buys a game for what it is, not what I hope it will be. It’s VERY simple.

#4142 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

If we all stopped buying games for what we hoped them to be, we would no longer buy any pinball game since none of them are complete when released!

Untrue. Every NIB game I’ve bought was early on. I liked it, so I bought it. Why is that hard to understand?

#4143 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No I’m not. I’m someone that buys a game for what it is, not what I hope it will be. It’s VERY simple.

Sounds foolish to any person with common sense. If that were the case, Batman would have not sold to a soul, since at release, it was a mess of a game and now considered one of the best code wise. But it took Lyman nearly a couple of years to get it there. Your illogic doesn’t hold up to reality.

#4144 2 years ago

It would be great for people who want to argue on and on to not subject the rest of us with it.

#4145 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No game comes out of the gate with completed code and people do have some expectation that the code will evolve. Look at Stranger Things, EHOH, ect. Most games have improved with code over time. Can’t agree with your assessment in this. Theme and art is an initial hook. If theme wasn’t important we would still get generic card themes going back to the 60’s and 70’s.

#4146 2 years ago
Quoted from Kaam:

It would be great for people who want to argue on and on to not subject the rest of us with it.

Lol, you might consider going elsewhere other than a forum. Debate is what this is all about and it is a good thing.

#4147 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mistake #1. Hopefully you learned your lesson.

Dude, it ended up being a $400 loss/lesson. Far from a financial hardship!

Expecting every game to be a keeper is kind of irrational...no big deal!

#4148 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Lol, you might consider going elsewhere other than a forum. Debate is what this is all about and it is a good thing.

Exactly. If he wants an echo chamber he can go to Reddit.

#4149 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Sounds foolish to any person with common sense. If that were the case, Batman would have not sold to a soul, since at release, it was a mess of a game and now considered one of the best code wise. But it took Lyman nearly a couple of years to get it there. Your illogic doesn’t hold up to reality.

What are you talking about?? People loved that game from day one including me. It’s even better now for sure, but the game was great to start with.

Wanna do TWD too? That game was one of my favorites DAY ONE. Yeah it got even better over time, but still was amazing from the beginning.

#4150 2 years ago

I didn’t buy Mando LE because I was out of commission but I wouldn’t worry too much about code here.

STH was panned and it’s a great game now. With Eddy involved with Dwight I’m sure his vision will get into the game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 22.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

8,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/83?hl=jerickso77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.