(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 hours ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 153.
#4051 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

With Star Wars a lot of callouts were added after the initial code release. It didn’t take long either.
Not worried about anything I see here.
Buyers will love this thing.

I was shocked I saw any negative comments after the stream. Haha. Should’ve known better.

#4052 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That being said, if I buy this in the next six months I’ll be surprised.
These games will be available NIB for years. Take your time.

That's true just with the LE's you won't be able to find one NIB...crazy what the prices are for the LE

#4053 2 years ago

Mando looks fantastic!

#4054 2 years ago
Quoted from Code:

That's true just with the LE's you won't be able to find one NIB...crazy what the prices are for the LE

Don’t buy an LE. It’s simple.

#4055 2 years ago

Anyone hear anything regarding when Deadflip would be streaming gameplay on a Pro version?

#4056 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Anyone hear anything regarding when Deadflip would be streaming gameplay on a Pro version?

No date to announce for that yet. I’ll post once I know!

#4057 2 years ago

Enjoyed the stream, think the game looks like a blast. Would lean Pro on this one, but would need to see the plastic ramp in person first.

Biggest concern would be they don't add any new missions, encounters, etc. Playing the same 5 over and over will get stale quick.

Excited to try this one on location very soon!

#4058 2 years ago
Quoted from alex_m:

Biggest concern would be they don't add any new missions, encounters,

Highly doubt any more will be added.

#4059 2 years ago
Quoted from alex_m:

Enjoyed the stream, think the game looks like a blast. Would lean Pro on this one, but would need to see the plastic ramp in person first.
Biggest concern would be they don't add any new missions, encounters, etc. Playing the same 5 over and over will get stale quick.
Excited to try this one on location very soon!

Count on zero added missions and encounters. I doubt most mortals will even be able to get through the current 9 parts of the encounters plus mini wizard. (3 encounters with 3 levels within each)

#4060 2 years ago

When SW, Stranger things, and Deadpool came out, is it typical for users to give negative posts without playing it? I’m new to reading the stern forum and was wondering if this game is getting more heat than the others? I have a premium on order but the comments are giving me some pause.

#4061 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

No date to announce for that yet. I’ll post once I know!

Thanks, great job (as usual) last night!

Watching someone else play pinball can get boring fast but your presentation style keeps it entertaining and fun.

I hope Stern realizes what a great asset you are for their sales and marketing via sreams and show appearances and compensates you appropriately.

I played Elvira and expo and was kinda "meh". But after watching your streams after a few code updates made me take a closer look and I ended up buying one.

#4062 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

When SW, Stranger things, and Deadpool came out, is it typical for users to give negative posts without playing it? I’m new to reading the stern forum and was wondering if this game is getting more heat than the others? I have a premium on order but the comments are giving me some pause.

Every release without fail is the same.

#4063 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

is it typical for users to give negative posts without playing it?

Yes. Unfortunately.

#4064 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

You need to make your own informed decisions. That said, I like to play a game before I buy it.

#4065 2 years ago

I thought Dwight made a point of saying that as the player you are The Mandalorian. This would make Carl’s voice talking to you make more sense, and audio clips of Pedro’s voice (at least those where it isn’t internal monologue) make less sense… whether the price of the audio assets impacted the decision or not. Right?

#4066 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

I’ve noticed that ST LE prices have gone up beyond the original price at this point on more than one transaction. That one shocks me and truly demonstrates this crazy market. It’s one of those games that’s way better in theory than in execution. The 11 magnet doesn’t work worth a damn (yes, after 10 hours of “tweaking”, you can make it a little better), there’s a nagging gate issue under the demogorgon resulting in constantly stuck balls, the projector sounds way cooler than it looks. The UV is awesome, but you have to pay extra and you can get one for a pro anyway.

#4067 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

is it typical for users to give negative posts without playing it?

sadly yes, its 90% of the noise on most new threads. Then months later the bozo's that have talked rubbish play the game and then end up buying it.

#4068 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Ignore all the bitching. There’s a ton of negative Nancy middle aged WASPS on this forum who’s wives stopped sleeping with them decades ago. They tend to bitch and moan and dissect every aspect of a game. They’ll never be happy or satisfied. They want the good old days of Bally Williams back but also want all the latest voice actors, mechs, etc etc. oh and they believe Gary Stern is the anti christ.

If this title excites you, get it. It’s going to be incredibly popular. There’s a ton of fallouts and integrated movie clips. The sound effects are great, the light show is great, co-op modes are a ton of fun for friends/family. Oh, and if for some crazy reason you don’t like it, the used market is insane right now. You’ll be able to sell it off quickly.

Side Note: Did anybody check out that awesome upper play field ROTATION? It looks more brutal than the upper play field on Shadow!

#4069 2 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I’ve noticed that ST LE prices have gone up beyond the original price at this point on more than one transaction. That one shocks me and truly demonstrates this crazy market. It’s one of those games that’s way better in theory than in execution. The 11 magnet doesn’t work worth a damn (yes, after 10 hours of “tweaking”, you can make it a little better), there’s a nagging gate issue under the demogorgon resulting in constantly stuck balls, the projector sounds way cooler than it looks. The UV is awesome, but you have to pay extra and you can get one for a pro anyway.

STh Prem/LE does require a ton of time and effort to dial in and install the UV kit and that was mildly infuriating, for sure. BUT, for me, once you are over that hill...What an amazing game and a big step beyond the pro IMHO. (TK lock is so satisfying!)
And the title in general was a sleeper for me, and I think quite a few others, which partly explains the recent surge in demand/price. (Prem supply also seems to be very low, which is probably the biggest factor.)

#4070 2 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I got an LE(nib) a month ago. Ive never had a ball stuck under demi. Adjusting tk ramp was a pain in ass but it works well now. Game shoots wonderfully after adjustments but id agree shouldnt have had to do them. Im a big fan of the projector and UV. Game has aged well much like deadpool. People hated deadpool at launch and as the code got better people fell in love. ST really is a great game and people started to realize it I guess. Plus the whole LE market is just crazy right now….

#4071 2 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

The 11 magnet doesn’t work worth a damn (yes, after 10 hours of “tweaking”, you can make it a little better)

They released a new part that takes this tweaking down to a couple hours . And it works 100% after that. Not a little better.

The gate is extremely easy to fix. Quick bend, done.

#4072 2 years ago

I stayed up until 2am to watch the stream, for an old geezer like me its not easy as the home usually insists I'm in bed and medicated by 9pm.

For me I was hugely pleased. This is probably the first game that I really care about the theme in years. I love The Mandalorian its a super tv programme!

First off the art and the design of the playfield looked great, the lighting of it was fantastic. Then as I was promised the music, holy moly, Jerry and Stern totally freaking nailed it on the sound. It couldn't be better short of an implant to my brain of the epic Mando music. The explanation of the different modes and plays styles was super and I really like the flow of the game and the shots. The mando helmet probably the bit that I need to play more to really have a view on but it looked fun. The video and assets in the game are superbly used and plenty of speech from the game too. Apollo does a great job on the call outs but again need to hear a bit more. I have a lot of time for listening to Dwight and his passion and excitement is fantastic I also like how he explained through the baskar and the trading system in a lot of detail too. Also great to see Mike on stream as he's a fantastic guy.

I see a lot of folks give them agro for the stream, you've no idea how hard it is to stream a launch like this; trying to get the right audio and video and the whole experience but every stream DeadFlip nails it in my view and getting folks mic'ed up made it even better. You need to realise that the pinball designers and coders etc are not TV personalities and you are trying to direct them, make it interesting and get the right info out and Jack is the master at that in my view. Sure he could have had flashing lights dancing girls and hot pants which is great for a two minute facebook ad but not really telling you much about the game.

When it was even remotely rumoured that this game was mando I put my distributor on for an LE and after last night I'm super glad I did. Time will tell after playing it for a while but based on what I've seen I really like it and I'm really excited about it. Just concerned that we might have a bit of a wait to get it with the component shortages that seem to be affecting industry at the moment.

I have spoken.

Neil.

#4073 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m not so sure about that...you think the upper PF is too easy with the big flippers? As soon as it increases pitch most players had a couple seconds up there.
The normal pitch playfield with one flipper May turn out to have longer ball times.
It’s a novelty for sure but if you like banzai run’s upper playfield you’ll probably like this, similar style. I think it looks like fun.
The pro I expect will play more like the third flipper area on games like Sorcerer.

No - didn’t say too easy. It looks like no fun

#4074 2 years ago
Quoted from tr8785:

Side Note: Did anybody check out that awesome upper play field ROTATION? It looks more brutal than the upper play field on Shadow!

Another Upper playfield I’m going to suck at. Bring it!

#4075 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I was shocked I saw any negative comments after the stream. Haha. Should’ve known better.

Same here. Was unable to watch it live or be on Pinside to see the reaction. Watched the archive and was really impressed.

Game has great flow, shots, and rules. The sound package is incredible.

Head over to Pinside....wow. Shouldn't have been surprised after all these years.

#4076 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It would be very disappointing not to have audio callouts from the main character in the game, same with the main villain. Hopefully there's more to come but as of now...yikes.

At a bare minimum we need to hear Mando say “this is the way” and the other dude say “I have spoken!”

#4077 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

... Sure he could have had flashing lights dancing girls and hot pants which is great...

well, this is not good for your heart Neil...

#4078 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well, this is not good for your heart Neil...

its good for other areas of the body

#4079 2 years ago

Mando hype already arrived but the pinball machine must still prove itself worthy of being one of Stern’s better machines and a top seller. Until we get some serious hands on time and see more gameplay, it isn’t possible to gauge what the game has to offer. But once code passes 1.0 and the dust has settled, i believe we will be left with a great game. So many elements are done right and are being implemented better than ever imagined possible. The Grogu non-toy is a miss, why not replace with it an off-the-shelf animated toy with motion sensor? Then at least he would have some life under glass. By July 4th weekend Mando pins should be on location and in some homes. Can’t wait to play.

#4080 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Mando hype already arrived but the pinball machine must still prove itself worthy of being one of Stern’s better machines and a top seller. Until we get some serious hands on time and see more gameplay, it isn’t possible to gauge what the game has to offer. But once code passes 1.0 and the dust has settled, i believe we will be left with a great game. So many elements are done right and are being implemented better than ever imagined possible. The Grogu non-toy is a miss, why not replace with it an off-the-shelf animated toy with motion sensor? Then at least he would have some life under glass. By July 4th weekend Mando pins should be on location and in some homes. Can’t wait to play.

This toy would fit but the modders would need to switch which arm moves and interface with sensor. Check out the teardown. Wish stern could have put 80 bucks into groku moving.

#4081 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

This toy would fit but the modders would need to switch which arm moves and interface with sensor. Check out the teardown. Wish stern could have put 80 bucks into groku moving.

It will then be $300 mod!

Imagine if it’s partially there but required the topper to make it work! People would lose their minds lol.

Bit sad that it was the very first thing Brian said he wanted in the game but has zero interactivity or impact on game play.

#4082 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Highly doubt any more will be added.

I would agree. It’s be awesome if there were a gazillion versions for each mode, but if anyone is considering buying then assume the number is limited to the inserts on the play field.

#4083 2 years ago

they should have put Gomez on team as toy designer. When your company designs a pinball that begs for an animatronic toy and you employ a Master Toy Maker, why not ask him to design something? That is what he did for EHOH with the mansion and this is really no different. That this would push the bom too high is a valid reason for not doing it. But as a consumer I want to see lots of cool stuff. I want every game to be best, not just adequate.

Geez, even Transformers had a cool transforming toy under glass ... oh wait, no it didn’t. There was no cool transformer in Transformers, so nothing should have been expected here.

#4084 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Yes. And it’s not just a Pinside bias. There’s a negative bias in any setting where voluntary opinions are provided, e.g. public forums, polls, post-purchase surveys, petitions, etc. (a phenomenon that has to be accounted for in market research).

People with a negative opinion are more likely to speak up than those with a positive opinion or those who are simply content with the current state of things. Put simply, even a small minority of negative opinions can vocally drown out a large happy majority.

#4085 2 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

I feel, the more we pay for the machines, the less we are getting.

This. Exactly.

#4086 2 years ago

We are definitely paying more but I realized a little while ago that I love GoT Pro and wouldn't put .50 in a WoZ. Personal preference is huge but just toys alone don't do it for me anymore. I like Tron and way too many barren games with bad art but everyone is looking for a different experience and that's ok.

#4087 2 years ago

You guys watched the stream?? I got "distracted" on the Twitch front page by a lovely young lady in a bikini riding an inflatable banana in a kiddy pool in her living room...

Sorry DeadFlip , you're going to have to up your game! ...might want to make sure the pinball machine is grounded before you try that though.

#4088 2 years ago

I thought the game looked great. Not sure if its 8k plus great with what's in it but for 5 to 6k I am in on a pro. Shots looked amazing and the sound and lights were awesome. I like the flow of the game and having those RPG game like elements really won me over. Also think the pro will play a little faster. Wasnt a fan of the mini playfield and how it held the ball for you on the Premium.

#4089 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They released a new part that takes this tweaking down to a couple hours . And it works 100% after that. Not a little better.
The gate is extremely easy to fix. Quick bend, done.

Good to know. Thanks for the info. That certainly changes everything.

#4090 2 years ago

As someone who has never seen a single episode of The Mandalorian, the reveal stream has me really interested. I was a little concerned from the original pics that there was just way too much on the playfield and it might be very stop and go. Well, I was wrong. The shots seem to flow very well and the brief encounters on the upper playfield look to be around the ideal amount of time spent there. Buying items with Beskar is an evolution of what Dwight did on GOT and he has taken it to another level. Rules seem deep enough. Assets, I have no idea since I haven't seen the show.

Brian Eddy has upped his game since Stranger Things. Looking forward to playing this!

#4091 2 years ago

Stream was great, everyone on the stream was fantastic. Dwight showing off the rules even though it was hard to follow along was great because we can circle back around to the video as the game comes out; plus it showed there’s lots of breadth and depth.

Mini pf I thought was awesome. Tough! With cool objectives and a sweet (Dw)lighting show.

The only negative I have about the game is the price cause I don’t have the moola to get one! Haha...at least not yet.

#4092 2 years ago

Game looks to be really fun!

#4093 2 years ago

After watching the stream, game looks better than expected. Can’t wait to get mine!

#4094 2 years ago

Mini pf is lame, affects gameplay and it looks silly. not to mention that it is probably a maintenance headache as well.
Magnet is lame, the static GIGANTIC grogu doll is an eye sore.

Pro is underwhelming and plastic ramps, no go for me, mini PF, waste of real estate and the modes in it look boring in all models.

MEH.

Animations are great, sounds are ok for the most part, call outs are terrible sorry, shots seem fun.

Lots of time to decide on this one, not gonna get one for at least a few years until the code is finished and bugs are ironed out. I might have the chance to play elsewhere between now and then and make an appropriate decision at that time.
sadly, I am not impressed.

Pass for now.

#4095 2 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

The price of STh LE's have gone up in price for a reason. The market disagrees with you. The pin is fun as hell to play.

And my TK lock works great, and required very little tweaking.

#4096 2 years ago

All the people worrying about Dwight code conveniently forgetting how great TMNT code is.

#4097 2 years ago

Does Luke get any representation on the lcd encounters or anything?

#4098 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

they should have put Gomez on team as toy designer. When your company designs a pinball that begs for an animatronic toy and you employ a Master Toy Maker, why not ask him to design something? That is what he did for EHOH with the mansion and this is really no different. That this would push the bom too high is a valid reason for not doing it. But as a consumer I want to see lots of cool stuff. I want every game to be best, not just adequate.
Geez, even Transformers had a cool transforming toy under glass ... oh wait, no it didn’t. There was no cool transformer in Transformers, so nothing should have been expected here.

George Gomez modeled the Razor Crest ship in the Manadalorian pin.

#4099 2 years ago

Thought it looked good! if there is a mod to swap out those plastic ramps on the pro to wireform I may consider one.

#4100 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

George Gomez modeled the Razor Crest ship in the Manadalorian pin.

Surprisingly it is the best toy in the game.
Gomez is an awesome designer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 22.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Marshville, NC
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/82?hl=bigtex and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.