(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 153.
#4001 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:Yes a JJP fanboy who just bought a NIB TMNT, has made several posts recently criticizing JJP quality, and is now considering cancelling their GNR LE order (due to playfield issues) in favor of another Stern. Lol.

Was mostly saying yes to the hyperbole part.

#4002 2 years ago

Reveal shows are always fun to watch. Good work all around.

#4003 2 years ago

Stern's biggest head ache is the time to develop a complete and finished game of the caliber everyone is expecting. I think if you compared how long it took to completely produce a B/W pin in the 90's to Stern delivering a finished Mando, there is a huge gap. We used to not care that our callouts were generic, or done by hired voice talent, or supplied by the design gang ("Martians Attack!!!" anyone?) Fast forward to today and everyone expects the actual headliner stars to do custom callouts and that is very rare and usually requires the actors be pinheads. I can see leaving out assets due to time constraints, but seeing as thumbdrives make updates easy, and if they ever connect them to the internet, automatic, we get a mostly complete engineered and decorated box, and a player to be named later. For an Operator, this is great, they get to start earning, and casual players are satisfied. We should give them a pass on assets until the LE's start leaving the building, but that hardly happens as well. Its the FOMO and exclusivity that makes people buy out a pin that in the old days didnt change much from day 1, but now can be completely reborn 3 days to 3 years further down the road. I wish we could get some kind of indication of what we are ACTUALLY buying BEFORE we sink our money into it, especially at the current LE prices.

#4004 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Was mostly saying yes to the hyperbole part.

Got ya. I know I've talked JJP up for years. Can't really defend them right now with the crap they are pulling with playfields. It doesn't matter how fun or loaded the games are when the playfields are literally falling apart.

#4005 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Got ya. I know I've talked JJP up for years. Can't really defend them right now with the crap they are pulling with playfields. It doesn't matter how fun or loaded the games are when the playfields are literally falling apart.

On that we agree. I’ve got a GNR CE arriving in a couple of weeks and TBH am a bit worried. But that’s for another thread.

Regarding callouts, I could hardly hear anything in the stream above all the talking and carrying on. Look forward seeing a solid stream from Danger when he gets it in the studio.

I’m kind of getting sick of the chaotic official Stern releases. Would much prefer just having Danger play and discover the game like you would if you unboxed the game yourself.

#4006 2 years ago

38:40 of the stream, the wedge bulb rolls down the playfield. The ball falls off the wire form a few times. Those are the only drawbacks I can see, the game looks great! I hope Brian re-visits the wire form design especially the transition of plastic to wire form that returns to the left flipper on the left ramp shot. Ball falls right off the wire form there. Also falls off on the ambush return.

#4007 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

The ball falls of the wireform a few times.

That’ll need to be addressed - a good solid shot and it was straight off. Probably an easy fix.

#4008 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Thanks to everyone who tuned in. Personally I’m proud of how the show went tonight. We ironed out a lot of audio bugs the night before.
Aside from a dumb bulb, I think the game played great. I’m taking that very playfield back to my HQ end of day Monday.
Gotta get that 1 on 1 time.

First mod:
Star Wars Mandalorian bulb secure:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4009 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Does Burt do custom callouts? I was trying to remember but couldn't recall...

"Holy additional chromium sphere", and many more.

It's too bad Stern didnt also pay him to sign the trading card on the apron like Adam did for the LE and SLE games. Would have been cool to see him at Expo with Adam, they are the Dynamic Duo after all.

#4010 2 years ago

1:07:05 mando says “looks that way”. It’s just early code.

#4011 2 years ago

The good:

- LCD images
- Sounds are great
- Cool wizard mode including trapping
- Great game play code innovations > flipper level
- Decent light show
- Good scoring level (no great games being 1-2 mill)
- easily best Star Wars game so far

The bad:

- globes popping out (grrr cheap suppliers)
- rejects off horseshoe and right ramp

Grrr yet again another pro that will play better than the LE. Why isnt this picked up during WW testing? Will there be mods made like a Fish tales type wireform to prevent rejects off the horseshoe ramp? Will this also be addressed on the right ramp???

Aside from that looks like a decent game

#4012 2 years ago

Hard to hear over Dwight without a headset but Grogu, IG, and yes, Mando at 1:07..

The stream overall?

A4C75DF7-9895-4747-BC57-AD32F5F63971.gifA4C75DF7-9895-4747-BC57-AD32F5F63971.gif
#4013 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

YEAH! Thank you. There's much more to come then

#4014 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Thanks to everyone who tuned in. Personally I’m proud of how the show went tonight. We ironed out a lot of audio bugs the night before.
Aside from a dumb bulb, I think the game played great. I’m taking that very playfield back to my HQ end of day Monday.

Its not the bulbs fault, its the company that decides to outsource to a cheap supplier. This has been going on since ATLEAST Star Trek. (FYI part of the reason my release videos stopped lol)

Aside from that game looks good.

#4015 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Tonight's video solidified my decision to preorder a Premium. Can't wait.

#4016 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

What are the lines and do you have a time stamp from the stream? I really hope there's callouts from both characters and more coming!

1:17:37 - Katie says "They're taking the ship down!"

#4017 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It would be very disappointing not to have audio callouts from the main character in the game, same with the main villain. Hopefully there's more to come but as of now...yikes.

It actually makes no sense at all if Mando was doing call outs, since the player is Mando. Does he talk to himself???

#4018 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Early code? Two days ago everyone was boosting how Dwight ships games completed and only needs to tweak them. If they don’t have the audio or visual assets completed they shouldn’t have shown the game.

#4019 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Is panzer being a JJP fanboy with hyperbole or does the Mandalorian appear in this game?

Answer: JJP fanboy to the enth degree...always. Stern nailed Mando with tons of assets, unlike most JJP games. (Of course hobbit and GNR are exceptions.)

#4020 2 years ago

Also, at 0:49:00 or so, the Mandalorian blacksmith says "this you must determine."

#4021 2 years ago

all killer memorable quotes from the show right?? Right??

/sarcasm

#4022 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lol, finally the voice of reason, but PF are not their only problem. Loaded mechs falling apart too. We’ve all experienced it, that’s why JJP has literally abandoned mechs in GNR. They are sick and tired of all the warranty claims and now, won’t even give owners a new PF when faulty PF shows up. $13,500.00 for a CE (Stern’s real competitor for their $9,200.00 LE) is way overpriced for what we’re getting from JJP now.

#4023 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

all killer memorable quotes from the show right?? Right??
/sarcasm

Better than the killer memorable movie quotes in JJP Pirates.

/not sarcasm

#4024 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Early code? Two days ago everyone was boosting how Dwight ships games completed and only needs to tweak them. If they don’t have the audio or visual assets completed they shouldn’t have shown the game.

75% of the stream was them talking about features or screwing around with a bulb coming loose and you could barely hear the game audio over the talk anyway. There wasn't any consistent play for long enough from Jack to get very far in the game especially in a cumbersome costume that he was complaining about all stream. I'm sure in the pro stream more depth of the game will be shown and what call outs are implemented so far.

#4025 2 years ago

No full cast audio clips in Stern JP, JJP POTC, and no Ryan Reynolds in Deadpool. Those games must be bottom tier.

#4026 2 years ago

Looks great. Fun with nice shots and angles.
Only gripe is that the two main toys (baby yoda and helmet), both kind of sucks.

#4027 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Better than the killer memorable movie quotes in JJP Pirates.
/not sarcasm

Great news for you... you don't get charged for a JJP when buying a Stern Mandalorian... so no one gives a fck about whats not in some other JJP game.

#4028 2 years ago

Based on the feedback here, it appears that Pinside wants a Baby Yoda that moves, has a magnet in his hand, talks like Mando, looks like Cara Dune, and rotates. Modders, make it happen.

#4029 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

75% of the stream was them talking about features or screwing around with a bulb coming loose and you could barely hear the game audio over the talk anyway.

Their intro was about 25mins... after which they played for over an hour.

Maths are hard....

#4030 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Based on the feedback here, it appears that Pinside wants a Baby Yoda that moves, has a magnet in his hand, talks like Mando, looks like Cara Dune, and rotates. Modders, make it happen.

I disagree. I´ve only seen the first season and think baby toada is totally lame and would prefered it left out entirely.

Remove toada and get a cool cara in there doing some interactive fun stuff and you got a great game.
Fix the silly helmet and if you really love it, do it underground like ac/dc and get some new cool stuff for upper right corner.

There, i´ve done it. Awesome game.

#4031 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I disagree. I´ve only seen the first season and think baby toada is totally lame and would prefered it left out entirely.

So we’ll also add “make Baby Yoda invisible” to Pinside’s wishlist.

#4032 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Lol, finally the voice of reason, but PF are not their only problem. Loaded mechs falling apart too. We’ve all experienced it, that’s why JJP has literally abandoned mechs in GNR. They are sick and tired of all the warranty claims and now, won’t even give owners a new PF when faulty PF shows up. $13,500.00 for a CE (Stern’s real competitor for their $9,200.00 LE) is way overpriced for what we’re getting from JJP now.

Would you please,Shut the fuck up!

#4033 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Not true. There is a lack of them at the moment, but there is at least 1 line from Mando and 1 from Katie Sackoff. So they have the rights to use them. They likely just haven't been added yet as Dwight usually does the polish after the core rules are solid.

Just like Dwight polished up Munsters.

#4034 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

That’s my reoccurring fear….

#4035 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Remove toada and get a cool cara in there doing some interactive fun stuff and you got a great game.
Fix the silly helmet and if you really love it, do it underground like ac/dc and get some new cool stuff for upper right corner.
There, i´ve done it. Awesome game.

You should have watched season 2
Grogu aka Baby Yoda plays a different more important story there. I have to admit it was barely used in season 1

#4036 2 years ago

My recap of last nights stream.

Game looks fun and pretty packed. Although I am not as convinced as I was after the Ghostbusters and StrangerThings stream.
But I still have an appointment to play it at my distributor. If the game surprises me, I will get a Pro. Since I think the Grogu magnet and the tilting mini-pf can easily be dismissed. Horseshoe ramp would be nice but not additional 2000€ nice.

But the stream itself was not as good as the last game reveals.
Brian talking first was good, I mean he needed to introduce the game to us.
Dwight talking next was to early. He talked really long, which showed us once again his passion and enthusiasm he puts into his project. But none if us really understood what was going on at that time.
Jack should have played 2-3 games first, before Dwight breaks down the rules. So we can see where the ball is going and what is generally happening first.
The gameplay itself was too short as well. I mean they played like 2-3 “normal game mode” games. Of which 2 were cut short because of the bulb falling out. Also the rejects of ramp were weird, but I am sure these will get resolved during production.

Altogether stream was pretty rough. Game looked pretty good. And code seemed pretty solid, even tough it’s just at 0.83. So there is lots of room to tweak the callouts

#4037 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:Lol, finally the voice of reason, but PF are not their only problem. Loaded mechs falling apart too. We’ve all experienced it, that’s why JJP has literally abandoned mechs in GNR. They are sick and tired of all the warranty claims and now, won’t even give owners a new PF when faulty PF shows up. $13,500.00 for a CE (Stern’s real competitor for their $9,200.00 LE) is way overpriced for what we’re getting from JJP now.

I can't talk to you anymore lol, you always start off good and then go off on some ultra Stern fanboy / anti JJP ridiculous tangent.

#4038 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Their intro was about 25mins... after which they played for over an hour.
Maths are hard....

First plunge was at 30:25 mark, then only about 40-45 minutes of actual gameplay interrupted by a bulb popping loose twice, playfield giveaway and Dwight showing the settings/mode differences. If the math major is so confident they played for over an hour when only 64 minutes were left in the video after the first plunge and wants to bet on it then I'm your huckleberry

#4039 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I can't talk to you anymore lol, you always start off good and then go off on some ultra Stern fanboy / anti JJP ridiculous tangent.

Not really, we are friends. Not anti or pro any company. Just for the best innovative machines, regardless who makes them. Not a stock holder in any pinball company, just as I assume you’re not either. You like me, want loaded machines that have quality parts, deep code, with stellar licenses. Not too much to ask for the prices they are charging. Think we have similar tastes and wish lists.

#4040 2 years ago

Based on the views expressed in the last 250 posts on this thread, the asking price for a Mando LE on Pinside Market may have peaked.

#4041 2 years ago

I am excited and can’t wait to get my game!

#4042 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Yup, Reason why I'm not buying any more Dwight coded games atm.
He is a great coder with awesome ideas, BUT please please finish/polish the games
GB (3 years) and now Munsters (Copy paste lvl 2 and 3) has me Gutted
So much content - videos on within the code never used etc.

Mandalorian looks good, tho not fond of the upper level playfield ( kinda lame to me and a drain monster)
also the ball falling of the rail when you hit the U loop fast is bad, don't know why this wasn't already fixed prior to the live stream.

I feel, the more we pay for the machines, the less we are getting.

#4043 2 years ago

Looks like lots of fun but not my cup of tea. Pulled the trigger on a trade for a Star Wars Comic Pro because I think I like the gameplay better.

#4044 2 years ago

I don't know. I'm not feeling this one yet.

I wish Carl Weathers' call outs had more emotion but some are ok.

The Child area is a waste. The mini-PF is meh. The rest seems to shoot ok though.

#4045 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet but I pretty sure the Grogu starts to move his head downward at the 1:34 mark in the reveal video. you have to slow the video down all the way to see it because it happens right when the camera cuts.

LOL. You got me to watch it

Quoted from Squizz:

Yup, Reason why I'm not buying any more Dwight coded games atm.
He is a great coder with awesome ideas, BUT please please finish/polish the games
GB (3 years) and now Munsters (Copy paste lvl 2 and 3) has me Gutted
So much content - videos on within the code never used etc.
Mandalorian looks good, tho not fond of the upper level playfield ( kinda lame to me and a drain monster)
also the ball falling of the rail when you hit the U loop fast is bad, don't know why this wasn't already fixed prior to the live stream.
I feel, the more we pay for the machines, the less we are getting.

One thing is clear to me after reading this thread and watching the entire gameplay reveal. We pinheads are a tough bunch to please. So many more negatives vs positives with this game and that is being kind. Baby Yoda/Grogu doll might as well not even been there. Upper playfield’s gameplay mechanic is boring. Probably more fun in the pro with one flipper. The video and sound clips used were underwhelming at best. Possible fixes to these things would be to have a more robust callout system with voice actors that care about pinball. Create a more imaginative upper left corner mechanic somehow. Perhaps Moff Gideons ship that he brings down in the corner as a target that splits open to reveal a Moff Gideon figure inside when defeated would have been more fun than that the lifeless doll. Baby Yoda Pop-up targets where he would eat pinballs with a cutscene of him eating those eggs from that episode would have made the game more interesting. Overall I hope the next game is better, this one will be a hard pass for me. I’m sure kids will have fun with it though as any modern day pinball machine is still fun to play.

#4046 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Early code? Two days ago everyone was boosting how Dwight ships games completed and only needs to tweak them.

You really need to relax. Watch the video and report back.

#4047 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Why make a Mandalorian pin if there are no Mandalorian voice clips in the game?

Kind of like JJPOTC? I think the game looked like a blast to play. There is Mando on the screen at all times. You are Mando.

#4048 2 years ago

My word of advice to everyone considering this game:

Please please please play this first. Even though it’s .83 code. Let’s assume all the modes and multiballs are coded.

The only things I would expect from here on out are bug fixes, scoring balances and other tweaks to the game via light shows and possibly callouts.

And don’t even expect that. Please please please base your purchase on what the game is, not what you hope it will become.

I promise you’ll never be disappointed if you approach it this way.

I’m probably more stoked than anyone to get this game after last nights stream. That being said, if I buy this in the next six months I’ll be surprised.

These games will be available NIB for years. Take your time.

#4049 2 years ago

With Star Wars a lot of callouts were added after the initial code release. It didn’t take long either.

Not worried about anything I see here.

Buyers will love this thing.

#4050 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My word of advice to everyone considering this game:
Please please please play this first. Even though it’s .83 code. Let’s assume all the modes and multiballs are coded.
The only things I would expect from here on out are bug fixes, scoring balances and other tweaks to the game via light shows and possibly callouts.
And don’t even expect that. Please please please base your purchase on what the game is, not what you hope it will become.
I promise you’ll never be disappointed if you approach it this way.
I’m probably more stoked than anyone to get this game after last nights stream. That being said, if I buy this in the next six months I’ll be surprised.
These games will be available NIB for years. Take your time.

Well said.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,900 (Firm)
11,500 (OBO)
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 19.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Neenah, WI
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/81?hl=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.