(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 153.
#3951 2 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Looks fun.
Can't understand what they are talking about with their masks on.

I’ve said “huh?” more times in the past year than I have in the last 40 +

#3952 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

The call outs are a huge disappointment.
Only Carl? Really?

What was the last Stern game to have more than one celebrity in voice work? Metallica I think...

#3953 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Really? Where's the callouts for Mando and the other major actors? What's Mando without Pedro Pascal voice audio from the show?
There's no way in hell I'm buying a game named "The Mandalorian" if the actual Mandalorian callouts are not there. Kinda crazy if those are missing.

Yeah, because the first thing anyone thinks when they hear Star Trek is...

Karl Urban?

Or Ghostbusters... Ernie Hudson?
Or Stranger Things... David Harbour??

Things will be fine... besides Mando is a bad choice anyway due to his lack of emotion, inflection, etc. He's basically boring. The team acknowledged that too.

#3954 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

If it’s at .83 and looked that good.
We are in for a top 10 pin

I want some of whatever it is you are smoking...

#3955 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I want some of whatever it is you are smoking...

Hey I’m not an expert on this stuff but what do you call the opposite of “a shill?”

#3956 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey I’m not an expert on this stuff but what do you call the opposite of “a shill?”

I think the term you are looking for is "heckler"...

#3957 2 years ago

Ok,I'm in on a pro for multiple reasons(I'm cheap,Pros are being produced first,Concerned about service issues on the moving upper playfield for route,etc.).Hoping some 3rd party company will offer replacements to upgrade from the plastic to metal on those center ramps.Anybody working on this already?

#3958 2 years ago

Well... the premium features are not very interesting... only thing I care are the metal ramps...

Wondering if these will be available in the aftermarket world???

#3959 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I think the term you are looking for is "heckler"...

BB3BCC9D-F12D-4E4C-9FE9-7F3D217835CC.gifBB3BCC9D-F12D-4E4C-9FE9-7F3D217835CC.gif
#3960 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

What was the last Stern game to have more than one celebrity in voice work? Metallica I think...

Ghostbusters for sure, stranger things has multiple too. Prob more.

EDIT - I guess you meant original call outs. Ok makes more sense…..

#3961 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Ghostbusters for sure, stranger things has multiple too. Prob more.

I think he meant original speech. Those games have old clips in addition to the B-list guys they hired for custom calls.

#3962 2 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Game shouldn’t be shown or even sold until most of the assets and game are complete. Does no justice to the game and it’s an absolute gamble how code/assets will end up.

Hahaha hahahaha. No, you are absolutely correct, but...that's not been the case for at least...10 years and as you can see, it hasn't made any difference. People don't care about being guinea pigs as long as they can say they were first!

#3963 2 years ago

I think he’s referring to custom callouts.

#3964 2 years ago

Initial thoughts after watching the stream:

Great job with the video use in the game. Great clips
Music sounds very good too
Call outs are weak with only 1 person. They also don’t sound natural
Nice layout, looks packed but flows well.
Doll a complete waste
Art is solid
Upper PF looks like it plays like I thought - which is terrible and gimmicky. Two large flippers is over the top.

Pro is no doubt the way to go. Look forward to playing it - just wish it had something special associated with it.

#3965 2 years ago
CDD92EB5-10ED-42D2-9E0D-2EBD94A94CCD (resized).pngCDD92EB5-10ED-42D2-9E0D-2EBD94A94CCD (resized).png
#3966 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Doll a complete waste
Art is solid
Upper PF looks like it plays like I thought - which is terrible and gimmicky. Two large flippers is over the top.
Pro is no doubt the way to go.

Agree. Static doll Is a horrible idea. Should have had grogu bash toy

#3967 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Doll a complete waste
Art is solid
Pro is no doubt the way to go.

I’m not so sure about that...you think the upper PF is too easy with the big flippers? As soon as it increases pitch most players had a couple seconds up there.

The normal pitch playfield with one flipper May turn out to have longer ball times.

It’s a novelty for sure but if you like banzai run’s upper playfield you’ll probably like this, similar style. I think it looks like fun.

The pro I expect will play more like the third flipper area on games like Sorcerer.

#3968 2 years ago

I just do not see what is so great about the game. Just watched the reveal. The upper playfield is a complete waste in the right corner. You just knock a few targets for 5 seconds...and the doll in the left corner does absolutely nothing. Is it just the theme? Does not seem to be a fun shooter like a lot of other games. Oh, and I forgot, the LE's going for way over MSRP? If I was going to pay for an overpriced game it would be GnR CE.

#3969 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Why make a Mandalorian pin if there are no Mandalorian voice clips in the gam

Like POTC? Wonka?

#3970 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yeah, because the first thing anyone thinks when they hear Star Trek is...
Karl Urban?
Or Ghostbusters... Ernie Hudson?
Or Stranger Things... David Harbour??
Things will be fine... besides Mando is a bad choice anyway due to his lack of emotion, inflection, etc. He's basically boring. The team acknowledged that too.

I'm talking about voice assets from the show, not more custom callouts. Imagine Ghostbusters without any of the main actor voices clips from the movies. That's what seems to be occurring with Mando and it's disappointing.

Same goes for Stern Star Wars. Imagine that game without any of the actor audio clips from the original trilogy. Again, disappointing.

Mando is boring? LOL, he makes the show, it's about him! A Mando pin without Mando audio clips from the show...wow.

#3971 2 years ago

Yes like Pirates but not like Wonka (it has other character audio clips from the movie)

#3972 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Doll a complete waste
Art is solid
Pro is no doubt the way to go. Look forward to playing it - just wish it had something special associated with it.

I’m still undecided on the upper pf - if anything looked too quick up there - a lot of theatrics and work to activate it and then over in 1 Sec for most players. But you can get back up there easy enough. Multiball up there looked interesting.

#3973 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yes like Pirates but not like Wonka (it has other character audio clips from the movie)

Wonka call-outs and assets in general are weak.

And we’ve already established there are other call outs from other characters in Mando.

#3974 2 years ago

It was pretty slick of the reveal team to totally play off as nothing happened, the issue at 38:32 into the stream. One of the bulbs from the playfield came rolling down and they immediately took the camera off the game. This is like in sports when a fan runs onto the field and television does not want to show it lol

#3975 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There's no way in hell I'm buying a game named "The Mandalorian" if the actual Mandalorian callouts are not there. Kinda crazy if those are missing.

We go through some version of this every release. That's what Pinsound is for if it really matters to someone.

#3976 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Wonka call-outs and assets in general are weak.
And we’ve already established there are other call outs from other characters.

Yes they are and that's part of the reason why I never bought Wonka. At these insane prices movie and TV show based pins should come with as close to full assets as possible. The lack of licensed movie actor audio on Pirates hurts that game in my opinion (part of the reason I sold my LE).

I would never have bought GB if it didn't have movie actor audio from the major characters. Same goes for Star Wars when I owned it, LOTR, and Hobbit. Movie actor audio helps a ton with theme immersion and without a game suffers, just my view.

#3977 2 years ago

My thoughts...

People who love to talk about 'flow' should be wetting themselves on this game... it has some fast flowing shots and returns. It looks like a really solid shooter... in the realm of Met and GOT. Has some combo focus in the rules too

The stacking looks like there could be some annoying lockouts - but overall the rules look very interesting with lots of different branches to pursue

The screen art direction looks really good. A bit in the style of GoTG, but visually it looks attractive and effective. The styles they made up for the control panels, fonts, etc all look fantastic.

The colored GI lighting use (for red) is really effective.. in both things like ambush and the impossible mode stuff.

Hero mode is pretty funny - neat they are thinking about more different forms of fun for groups

The weapon/upgrade rules look well done

The encounters and mini-PF look very well done... with the exception of... the bonus video playout at the end of encounter seemed WAY too long. One I timed was 15 seconds alone. That's way too long in terms of breaking up the game IMO. Mission start can be long too...

The PF art looks sweet - the video assets look tight

The call outs though really seem flat for a few reasons
- first, the sound of it seemed really flat and lacking dynamics. Maybe its how the twitch setup was... but it really didn't sound high fidelity vs the other elements
- the script is really... boring? Seemed very utilitarian... we didn't get much in terms of character, expression, emotion (humor or fear or tension etc).
- I don't fault carl's performance, but it just seems pretty bland in terms of the script and sound mix

Sound... I guess not super standout at this point, at least from the stream. The gun/target/etc sounds are on-point for the subject matter... but the lack of diversity in the music could become grating over time. The lack of memorable speech clips of various characters is disappointing. I don't expect custom audio from 4 people... but give us the content from the source! Especially after the interviews Brian and Dwight gave, its really sad to see what they have very what they were talking about having access to.

The bounce off from the U shot's return to the cross-over wireform looks worrisome. The cross-over really needed more side guides to counter the bouncing off the side. The slope of the game isn't going to help that kind of ball energy much because it can feed a shot from the flippers almost un-obstructed.. so game slope isn't going to slow that down. The saving grace is that is something they obviously would see all the time in play testing so that leaves hope that this can be countered with better setup.

Pros:l
Layout - fun with lots of fast returns. Uniqueness
Art
Main features (mini PF)
Originality
Rules diversity
Multiplier opportunities without being Star Wars 40x non-sense
Art direction in the screen and original content
Levels of play in the Mini PF
Extra 'play features' like co-op, hero, impossible, cheater to this is the way, etc

Cons:
Writing for call outs is pretty boring
Sound for call outs seems flat
Reliance on main theme song when in main game loop
the minimal character audio performances from show
playfield light shows seem pretty boring besides the mini pf
(insert your grievances about their choice of toys/figures vs what you wanted)

Overall though I think this is gonna be a great players game. Visually it's gonna be impressive... just wish it had more inspiring writing!

#3978 2 years ago

flynnibus had a thoughtful review. Not sure I'd have much to add without playing it. I was bummed the kid didn't do more... even via magnets... felt like either an afterthought or Stern reacting to negative feedback about non-animitronic movement, but nevertheless, I think this game will be a hit. Even though I didn't want to, I will probably be a buyer on this title...

#3979 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Mando is boring? LOL, he makes the show, it's about him! A Mando pin without Mando audio clips from the show...wow.

You're expressing your view pretty poorly I think. Should there be clips of Mando's speech in the game? For sure! Should Mando been the main custom audio? NO - his character is bad for it.

You beat up on the choice of using Carl... instead of Mando. That points to what they used Carl for - the custom call outs... vs what I think your real gripe is, which is lack of character audio clips from the show. And that I agree with.

The inability for them to use EXISTING character performances is really hurting the potential of these titles.

#3980 2 years ago

Do you think that this game (the LE version) is just benefiting from pinflation going on right now? For some reason I think that any decent game from Stern that would have been released would have been in the same situation. OR have people been waiting on this particular title for years?

#3981 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Do you think that this game (the LE version) is just benefiting from pinflation going on right now? For some reason I think that any decent game from Stern that would have been released would have been in the same situation. OR have people been waiting on this particular title for years?

1) Star Wars
2) Brian Eddy
3) Current FOMO market
4) Continued belief that pins will continue to rise

== Current buying hype

#3982 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Pinflation??? With new titles, we are in a golden age of pinball. I bought my first machine in 1998. The stuff coming out today from every manufacturer is pure gold. The depth, the code, The toys, everything except the manufacturer quality is superior to the last golden age in the 1990s. Don't get me wrong, I love me some classics... but the stuff today smokes the last golden age of pinball... these will be the games the next generation of collectors want...

#3983 2 years ago

Based solely on the stream, this one doesn't seem to move pinball design forward, like GnR or JP did. That's ok, they aren't all going to be home runs. Looking forward to the next release, as always.

#3984 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You're expressing your view pretty poorly I think. Should there be clips of Mando's speech in the game? For sure! Should Mando been the main custom audio? NO - his character is bad for it.
You beat up on the choice of using Carl... instead of Mando. That points to what they used Carl for - the custom call outs... vs what I think your real gripe is, which is lack of character audio clips from the show. And that I agree with.
The inability for them to use EXISTING character performances is really hurting the potential of these titles.

I think Carl Weathers is great for custom outs. I just wish there were Mandalorian and Moff show actor audio clips in the game. It just seems really odd not to hear Mando in a game that's based on the character.

#3985 2 years ago

Thanks to everyone who tuned in. Personally I’m proud of how the show went tonight. We ironed out a lot of audio bugs the night before.
Aside from a dumb bulb, I think the game played great. I’m taking that very playfield back to my HQ end of day Monday.
Gotta get that 1 on 1 time.

#3986 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Thanks to everyone who tuned in. Personally I’m proud of how the show went tonight. We ironed out a lot of audio bugs the night before.
Aside from a dumb bulb, I think the game played great. I’m taking that very playfield back to my HQ end of day Monday.
Gotta get that 1 on 1 time.

Giving everyone but Mike a lav was a good call

#3987 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

So far I haven't heard any. Tried asking on the stream but got yelled at by at least one person lol.
Why make a Mandalorian pin if there are no Mandalorian voice clips in the game?

I am at a wedding event and can’t watch the stream. To be clear, are we talking JJP Pirates here with no video footage or voice of the mandalorian? I don’t have time to watch the stream, but I’m not buying this game if there is no video footage and assets from the main guy. Is panzer being a JJP fanboy with hyperbole or does the Mandalorian appear in this game?

#3988 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Giving everyone but Mike a lav was a good call

hahaha gottem.

#3989 2 years ago
Quoted from BallLocks:

Pinflation??? With new titles, we are in a golden age of pinball. I bought my first machine in 1998. The stuff coming out today from every manufacturer is pure gold. The depth, the code, The toys, everything except the manufacturer quality is superior to the last golden age in the 1990s. Don't get me wrong, I love me some classics... but the stuff today smokes the last golden age of pinball... these will be the games the next generation of collectors want...

I guess I will have to buy one for 14K and view it as an investment for the future

#3990 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I am at a wedding event and can’t watch the stream. To be clear, are we talking JJP Pirates here with no video footage or voice of the mandalorian? I don’t have time to watch the stream, but I’m not buying this game if there is no video footage and assets from the main guy. Is panzer being a JJP fanboy with hyperbole or does the Mandalorian appear in this game?

To generalize... there really isn't any clips of other characters talking or snips from the show of people delivering memorable lines. There might be some minor snips tucked in there.. but overall.. its devoid.

#3991 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I just wish there were Mandalorian and Moff show actor audio clips in the game. It just seems really odd not to hear Mando in a game that's based on the character.

I want to be clear here before I call my distributor and cancel my premium order for a premium (since this was represented to me as being full assets): are there no audio clips from the show of the Mandalorian? Nothing with him speaking at all? They gave him the JJP Jack Sparrow treatment as far as voice work and video assets are concerned?

#3992 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Adam West and Burt Ward in Batman66

#3993 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Adam West and Burt Ward in Batman66

Does Burt do custom callouts? I was trying to remember but couldn't recall...

#3994 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I want to be clear here before I call my distributor and cancel my premium order for a premium (since this was represented to me as being full assets): are there no audio clips from the show of the Mandalorian? Nothing with him speaking at all? They game him the JJP Jack Sparrow treatment as far as voice work is concerned?

Not true. There is a lack of them at the moment, but there is at least 1 line from Mando and 1 from Katie Sackoff. So they have the rights to use them. They likely just haven't been added yet as Dwight usually does the polish after the core rules are solid.

#3995 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

I guess I will have to buy one for 14K and view it as an investment for the future

Lol. In fairness, inflation is a function of supply and demand.... when there is more money than supply = inflation. So yes, LE prices are pumped up by inflation.

Regardless, there is good stuff being churned out across the board. However, I think anyone viewing any pin as an "investment" is rolling the dice regardless of how good the game is...

#3996 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Not true. There is a lack of them at the moment, but there is at least 1 line from Mando and 1 from Katie Sackoff. So they have the rights to use them. They likely just haven't been added yet as Dwight usually does the polish after the core rules are solid.

What are the lines and do you have a time stamp from the stream? I really hope there's callouts from both characters and more coming!

#3997 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Lol. Definitely more assets then Pirates which couldn't show actors at all. So far there's video footage of Mando but possibly no audio clips of the character from the show. There's now been a report that 1 line from Mando was heard on the stream.

#3998 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

. Is panzer being a JJP fanboy with hyperbole or does the Mandalorian appear in this game?

Yes

#3999 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Should have had grogu bash toy

why would the player beat up a small child?

#4000 2 years ago

Yes a JJP fanboy who just bought a NIB TMNT, has made several posts recently criticizing JJP quality, and is now considering cancelling their GNR LE order (due to playfield issues) in favor of another Stern. Lol.

Criticizing / questioning a single game over callouts doesn't mean a person automatically dislikes an entire company.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 22.95
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

9,900 (Firm)
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/80?hl=november and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.