(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 160 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 153.
#3901 2 years ago

Looked a bit repetitive in the sense that you'd see the same animations played each game. Using the beskar to purchase things at the foundry seems like the most fun part for me. Definitely a good game, but wondering if I can get all that I want to get out of it on location.

#3902 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Really? Where's the callouts for Mando and the other major actors? What's Mando without Pedro Pascal voice audio from the show?
There's no way in hell I'm buying a game named "The Mandalorian" if the actual Mandalorian callouts are not there. Kinda crazy if those are missing.

I said VIDEO assets.

#3903 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Up down scoop ramp.

Still don’t know what that is.

#3904 2 years ago

A few thoughts on the reveal:
The Foundry system of earning Beskar and turning it in for different advantages is a great idea — it gives you a small break and provides some interesting strategy decisions.
There is excellent variety of modes and things to do.
The flow is outstanding.
The audio and video are terrific.
Jury is out on the upper playfield. I dislike long playtimes on such pfʻs; e.g. on Munsters, after the first few times of pounding away with the tiny flippers I couldnʻt stand it anymore. This upper pf does look fun and I donʻt mind shorter ball times up there.
The Carl Weathers call outs are okay, but I would like to see additional callouts from others.
The presentation was confusing. While the designers may know the game the best, they are designers, not public speakers. It would be much better to have someone skilled at public speaking give the overview in a concise, organized, clear way with designers chiming in to answer questions or provide corrections.
All in all an ʻAʻ game, I canʻt wait to play it!

#3905 2 years ago

I am actually not impressed... the premium seems meh, and the upper pf is underwhelming at best.

I am on the fence for a pro, but I hate the plastic ramps... I might just wait for next cgc or spooky I think...

#3906 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It’s to the left of the right ramp. It’s can either let the ball loop around underneath the right ramp, or it drops down and creates a u turn ramp like the right ramp on Munsters or LZ.

#3907 2 years ago

So only partial assets? No show actor voices from any of the episodes? Very disappointed. A pin named Mandalorian but no Mandalorian audio clips from the show.

#3908 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

So only partial assets? No show actor voices from any of the episodes? Very disappointed. A pin named Mandalorian but no Mandalorian callouts...

How do you feel about Jurassic Park with OEM Code?

#3909 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Really? Where's the callouts for Mando and the other major actors? What's Mando without Pedro Pascal voice audio from the show?
There's no way in hell I'm buying a game named "The Mandalorian" if the actual Mandalorian callouts are not there. Kinda crazy if those are missing.

You’d be buying for sure, if you’d made it on the LE list. The game rocks and assets loaded with Mando show material.

#3910 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

So only partial assets? No show actor voices from any of the episodes? Very disappointed. A pin named Mandalorian but no Mandalorian audio clips from the show.

You’re too funny. This game has assets galore. No disappointment at all. Incredible code depth and game mode features to satisfy all type game players. This game will be fun HUO for years to come and is the type of code we home buyers are seeking. (Only wish the upper playfield flippers didn’t flip, when no balls in the upper playfield.)

#3911 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

You’re too funny. This game has assets galore. No disappointment at all.

So does that mean there are audio assets from the other major characters?

#3912 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

How do you feel about Jurassic Park with OEM Code?

It's great as it's not based on the movies! It's original. Mando is based on the actual show though, not a generic take on it. Completely different.

#3913 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Good question, but since we only saw a small smattering of gameplay and surely there is more code to come, with more call outs, can’t fully judge it that way yet.

#3914 2 years ago

I feel like they don’t have mando quotes because the player is supposed to BE mando. Just my thought though.

#3915 2 years ago

I did not hear the stream, had it muted...kids.

Is there audio from the show with Mando’s voice? Or just video clips with Car W callouts voice over?

#3916 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hells yes... IG-11!

#3917 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Is there audio from the show with Mando’s voice? Or just video clips with Car W callouts voice over?

I didn't hear any but could have missed it stepping away for a minute. Was all mostly Carl Weathers and the Foundry chick at one point with that shot from the show itself.

#3918 2 years ago

So far I haven't heard any. Tried asking on the stream but got yelled at by at least one person lol.

Why make a Mandalorian pin if there are no Mandalorian voice clips in the game?

#3919 2 years ago

This machine reveal makes me want to buy a Stern SW premium... at least you know what your getting with that. But honestly, I would rather have an old DE SW if I wanted some SW in my collection... and I get a little nostalgia to go with it, too.

#3920 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Because even if it doesn't have any (I thought I heard a couple at least), Stern will sell a ton of them and make cash?

#3921 2 years ago

Not even I can bring you in warm or....

Like wtf

**Disappointment increases**

#3923 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

So far I haven't heard any. Tried asking on the stream but got yelled at by at least one person lol.

I wouldn't freak out too much yet. Code has the modes pretty fleshed out already, but is still obviously early. History tells us the A/V usually gets added to and tweaked later. My guess/hope, is they concentrated on the "needed" call-outs first, and will fill in with a bunch of "atmosphere" call-outs pulled from the show later. Just breath, it's very early.

#3924 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The ambush ramp mid-PF on the right side drops into play after 5 setup shots. Diverts ball quickly back to shooter and starts ambush mode.

#3925 2 years ago

Not even I can bring you in warm or....
Like wtf
**Disappointment increases**

You say this like you just saw everything the game has to offer or will offer.

#3926 2 years ago

I’m generally not a fan of recent Stern pins, particularly LZ, I actually think IMO Brian Eddy & team got this one right (minus the Baby Yoda). Looks like the shots were fun and seems to have a nice flow to it. Will be fun to play when it arrives locally

#3927 2 years ago

I’m super impressed with the video assets and music. It seems really immersive and brings you into the show and world of Mandalorian for sure. Well done.

I also love the playfield layout. Great shots and great flow aside from the mini playfield which I am never a fan of. That super tall ramp seems really satisfying!

The code itself surprised me how well thought out it is and the foundry to purchase items adds another level of strategy which will be fun.

Hero mode, co-op mode, and impossible mode have some great potential. Maybe my kids will actually be able to play with me on hero mode so it is really hard for me and easier for them. Suoer! Families should love this.

The callouts do seem weak. No Mando voice? Really? It was hard to hear so I am not passing full judgement but I do believe the video assets and sounds are more important anyways so it’s not that big a deal to me.

I’m happy with going Pro on this. The turn around ramp, baby yoda magnet and tilting playfield all do very little for me. While I don’t love the plastic return Ramps on the pro that will be an easy change anyways.

Overall I am very excited to get on this game and work through the world of Mandalorian

#3928 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

broken record!

#3929 2 years ago

I am actually not impressed... the premium seems meh, and the upper pf is underwhelming at best.
I am on the fence for a pro, but I hate the plastic ramps... I might just wait for next cgc or spooky I think...

I got bored and went and played my Deadpool...

#3930 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You say this like you just saw everything the game has to offer or will offer.

I guess you are right... Is it normal to have audio clips missing at launch?

I thought the code improvements wereonly for light shows and added rules.

#3931 2 years ago

Stream did a good job making me want one. At the very least I wanna play one soon. Pro may be a valid option to premium. Never watched a Mando show but I dig the rule structure / storyline of code and display is straightforward. This pinball does not fool me, it is designed in a new and fresh approach. I haven’t been this excited to play a pin since JJPGNR.

Brian Eddy and Stern Team ... this is the way!

#3932 2 years ago

I guess you are right... Is it normal to have audio clips missing at launch?

Yes.

Go back and read all the stranger things read me files.

My main point was they didn’t even show half the game tonight. Tons of stuff wasn’t shown.

#3933 2 years ago

I wasn't in on this one as a buyer, but what I saw of the gameplay looked energetic and fun to shoot. I'll drop quarters into it.

I'm with the people who critique the style of the Dwight reveal: I love his enthusiasm but people wanna see how it plays more than anything.

Suggestion: Half hour of gameplay with Jack walking through, then bring in Dwight for the details. Or better yet, a play stream first and a rules/code stream the following week to spread the excitement.

Also did anyone else think those callouts were from AIQ before remembering it was Carl Weathers? Sounded waaaaaay too similar lol.

#3934 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes.
Go back and read all the stranger things read me files.
My main point was they didn’t even show half the game tonight. Tons of stuff wasn’t shown.

that was a Lonnie game tho.. go back and read the Munsters readme files

#3935 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I wouldn't freak out too much yet. Code has the modes pretty fleshed out already, but is still obviously early. History tells us the A/V usually gets added to and tweaked later. My guess/hope, is they concentrated on the "needed" call-outs first, and will fill in with a bunch of "atmosphere" call-outs pulled from the show later. Just breath, it's very early.

Game shouldn’t be shown or even sold until most of the assets and game are complete. Does no justice to the game and it’s an absolute gamble how code/assets will end up.

#3936 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I wasn't in on this one as a buyer, but what I saw of the gameplay looked energetic and fun to shoot. I'll drop quarters into it.
I'm with the people who critique the style of the Dwight reveal: I love his enthusiasm but people wanna see how it plays more than anything.
Suggestion: Half hour of gameplay with Jack walking through, then bring in Dwight for the details. Or better yet, a play stream first and a rules/code stream the following week to spread the excitement.
Also did anyone else think those callouts were from AIQ before remembering it was Carl Weathers? Sounded waaaaaay too similar lol.

Dwight likes to do it this way. He’s done it for the past 4-5 games he’s done.

Suggestion. Wait for 30 mins then tune in. Gameplay is usually started by then.

#3937 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

that was a Lonnie game tho.. go back and read the Munsters readme files

After you read GOT and SW.

#3938 2 years ago

I heard the fish guy, self destruct robot and the foundry mando chick in the limited gameplay that was streamed. I'm sure there's more once we see more gameplay and the code matures.

#3939 2 years ago

I would be surprised if any of Mandos call outs make it in. Makes no sense to not have it in there and if it’s not in at launch it is likely they don’t have those assets.

#3940 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Dwight likes to do it this way. He’s done it for the past 4-5 games he’s done.
Suggestion. Wait for 30 mins then tune in. Gameplay is usually started by then.

Haha this is actually what I did so it didn't bother me. And I suppose Stern doesn't really need help selling these but imo they haven't really nailed the reveal streams the last few times. I feel like it would help from a marketing standpoint to keep things a little tighter.

#3941 2 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

I would be surprised if any of Mandos call outs make it in. Makes no sense to not have it in there and if it’s not in at launch it is likely they don’t have those assets.

It would be very disappointing not to have audio callouts from the main character in the game, same with the main villain. Hopefully there's more to come but as of now...yikes.

#3942 2 years ago

This is a great offering overall from Stern. Looks to shoot great, good art package, a fun RPG-lite code base, and they did an above average job with audio and LCD presentation. Definitely makes LZ look like crap in comparison

And I say this as someone who got bored of the show in the middle of the first season. The theme is whatever, the game looks good.

Promising reveal. I think it’ll be one of the better games from anyone the past few years.

#3943 2 years ago

You can hear Mando at the 1:07:04 mark saying "Looks that way".

I had to tie up a few thing around the house so Im watching the youtube video. I wasnt paying close enough attention earlier to call outs so maybe there are more?

#3944 2 years ago

Looks ok, glad I decided on stranger things instead. Might revisit when code is super mature.

#3945 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’m calling it now. This game is going to be freaking bad ass!!

Nailed it! What do I win?

#3946 2 years ago

Stern team did a great job explaining,
I wish they played a bit more and had a chance to blow it up.
I’m curious to know where the code is at because it seems pretty polished at this point.
Tons of assets, lighting in game was already looking good.

DeadFlip when will you have this in the studio?
Need to see it blown up.

#3947 2 years ago

Game code version was v0.83 for the reveal stream.

There's room for further improvements, but the foundations are already really great.

#3948 2 years ago

I watched the game play for about 5 minutes fast forwarding through to certain areas. I have to say, I’m excited about this pin! Sounds, light shows, code, code updates they will be making and game play. Missed out on buying an LE but certainly motivated to purchase a premium or just wait for an LE to become available. Stern did well with this one....certainly more than what I expected for this theme, and license.

#3949 2 years ago

Looks like a fun game, especially for casual fans. The pro will go right next my stranger things pro and earn me cash.

#3950 2 years ago

If it’s at .83 and looked that good.
We are in for a top 10 pin

Quoted from Peanuts:

Game code version was v0.83 for the reveal stream.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, VA
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/79?hl=bigtex and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.