(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 160 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 153.
#3751 2 years ago

I just saw Grogu move!!!

2025107B-6AF5-4D5A-A3BA-073680E56A4F (resized).jpeg2025107B-6AF5-4D5A-A3BA-073680E56A4F (resized).jpeg

#3752 2 years ago

I hope it moves, then....also me:

tmpo7M5Dp (resized).jpgtmpo7M5Dp (resized).jpg

#3753 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Clearly, just from reading the hundreds of comments here, you've got your job cut out for you tonight..!
Make sure to address that it's NOT Baby Yoda but Grogu, that Grogu doesn't move, bobble or yoddle, do confirm if the playfield pitches, yaws or rotates.. and check for any eggplants in the art!
Also, most importantly, tell us if the actual pinball is fun and do enjoy the moment! Congrats on getting this chance to play it!

Screw that. Make sure you make that animatronic Baby Yoda (tm) DANCE baby!

...we'll know what Jack really thinks of the game if he switches the stream over to the DP in the Stern game room halfway through.

#3754 2 years ago

when will we see a stream of the pro?

#3755 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

First thing Dwight can explain tonight is what the word rotation means. A surprising amount of people need a geometry lesson

The revolution will not be televised, streamed, or twitched. The revolution will not show you pictures of Grogu moving. The revolution will not be televised.

#3756 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

I’ll be recording local to upload this broadcast to YouTube as soon as the stream is over!

perfect ! as some of us are becoming old (starting with me), and 1 or 2 in the night (Belgium) will be a bit too much (to not fall asleep before lol)

#3757 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

do we know if tonights stream is pro or premium/le?

Looking forward to this info also, hope it can perhaps be confirmed before the stream? Rumors are saying premium. I wonder if there is any chance we see a bit of gameplay on both machines perhaps, to see how the flow with the upper playfield differs. I'm in on a pro, but if that upper playfield is game changing with the additional flipper and rotation, I may need to 'upgrade'.

#3758 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Tonight is the night.
See you there!
Http://www.Twitch.tv/Deadflip at 6PMc.
[quoted image]

Happy MANDO Day @deadflip!!

You're gonna crush it as per usual.
Looking forward to you trying keep the camera up with Dwight's explanation!

#3759 2 years ago
Quoted from koops:

From the down votes I wasn't sure if you were serious or trolling etc so I had a look myself.
*flame suit on*
I can see what you were referring to. It is so small and seems to only exist for a single frame.
So I present this gif which should help demonstrate what you saw a little better.
I'm not sure if its a camera movement or as other have said its just shaking from the machine itself but its a TINY movement.
More impressed you actually saw this!
The light reflecting off the right eye makes it appear that its probably moving more than it is.
Whiplash in my imve probably moves just as much
This feels like im trying to debunk a ufo sighting lol!
"I want to believe but its just internal camera refection!"
edit: ahha! inline gifs work.
[quoted image]
hmm. that camera shake tho, locked to the ramp.
[quoted image]

Yea, this helps. I wasn't sure if I was seeing things or if it was a camera trick. Seems I was wrong.

#3760 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Yea, this helps. I wasn't sure if I was seeing things or if it was a camera trick. Seems I was wrong.

This is Pinside...where you never have to admit you were wrong.

#3761 2 years ago

Get that Mandalorian popcorn ready for tonight!
In 3 flavors - LE caramel, Buttery Premium and plain popcorn Pro

813HuN-4UlL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg813HuN-4UlL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg

#3762 2 years ago

In on a pro if stern will sell the wire form returns but other than that I am out. Not a fan of the upper play field or the magnet and those are not worth the upgrade to me. I know some have said something about stern won’t do this unless you bought a premium but to me that would just be stupid on their part if people are willing to pay for that upgrade that’s just more money in their pockets that could have easily been included to begin with.

#3763 2 years ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

In on a pro if stern will sell the wire form returns but other than that I am out. Not a fan of the upper play field or the magnet and those are not worth the upgrade to me. I know some have said something about stern won’t do this unless you bought a premium but to me that would just be stupid on their part if people are willing to pay for that upgrade that’s just more money in their pockets that could have easily been included to begin with.

I don't think the wireworm paths are identical to the pro ramp returns.

#3764 2 years ago

DeadFlip are you front page twitch for mando?

#3765 2 years ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

The modders are already on that, I bet you'll be able to get wire forms for the pro a month or so after release.

#3766 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I don't think the wireworm paths are identical to the pro ramp returns.

Looks like the exact same ramp on the pro and premium before you get to the ramp returns with just the inserts into the ramp being different to me but I could be wrong.

#3767 2 years ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

Looks like the exact same ramp on the pro and premium before you get to the ramp returns with just the inserts into the ramp being different to me but I could be wrong.

Agreed. Looks the exact same.

#3768 2 years ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

What about the up / down ramp return?

#3769 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

What about the up / down ramp return?

It just looks like an addition to a drop in wireform.

Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 11.03.12 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-05-21 at 11.03.12 AM (resized).png
#3770 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Tonight is the night.
See you there!
Http://www.Twitch.tv/Deadflip at 6PMc.
[quoted image]

Can't wait for your stream tonight Jack. After pages and pages of guessing this and that you will finally show us which version is the way lol

I want to get one but not sure premium or pro at this point.

Have fun tonight, I know I will

#3771 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

[quoted image]

Got it. I'm positive modders with offer options for Pro owners. As designed, the I don't think stock premium wireworms won't fit into the plastic Pro ramps without making some sort of change to accept the wireworm. Well after looking at it again it looks like it might work....

Regardless the modders will help.

#3772 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

[quoted image]

This. I think the attachment to the ramp and the screw at the bottom would probably be sufficient. The only thing connected to the up down looks like a separate attachment piece and to my point earlier if there is a high demand and you already have the blueprint or whatever for it, why not make them yourselves.

#3773 2 years ago

Just like to point out that I think the proper nomenclature is "habitrail."

A wireform has to do with 3D animation!

Carry on...

#3774 2 years ago

When are folks getting their pro?
Ready to flip this thing in the wild.
Should be anytime now..

#3775 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Got it. I'm positive modders with offer options for Pro owners. As designed, the stock premium wireworms won't fit into the plastic Pro ramps without making some sort of change to accept the wireworm.

Once again looking at the photos from both it looks like the exact same ramp up until the return ramps, triangular holes for the returns and all. Have you seen them and know for sure or are you just guessing?

Edit for spelling

#3776 2 years ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

Once again looking at the photos from both it looks like the exact same ramp up until the return ramps, triangular holes for the returns and all. Have you seen them and no for sure or are you just guessing?

Yeah after looking at the pro again it appears that the triangular holes are the same on both models. So modders may not even be needed, assuming the wireworms can be purchased.

#3777 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Carry on...

Unless it's on LOTR, then it's a "hobbitrail"...

#3778 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Unless it's on LOTR, then it's a "hobbitrail"...

BOOOOOOO!

#3779 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Carry on...

I actually just missed a space for wire form. Habitrail is a brand of hamster tubing if you want to get pedantic.

#3780 2 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Jack, you’re suppose to let people make baseless claims without any real knowledge. Now you’ve ruined everything!

So what are the metal things the ball goes down in this pic? I guess I meant wireforms. Sorry for offending you so badly

71F15193-76B8-42E6-81AA-D1B5EB3E1F86 (resized).jpeg71F15193-76B8-42E6-81AA-D1B5EB3E1F86 (resized).jpeg

#3781 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I actually just missed a space for wire form. Habitrail is a brand of hamster tubing if you want to get pedantic.

Using the word "pedantic" makes you pedantic.

#3782 2 years ago
Quoted from Tiki-Ed:

So what are the metal things the ball goes down in this pic? I guess I meant wireforms. Sorry for offending you so badly
[quoted image]

Hanrails...

#3783 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

My first mod for keys in coin door...
[quoted image]

Nice! Where did you find this?

#3784 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Using the word "pedantic" makes you pedantic.

is it pedantic or patronizing in this case? Just want to make sure we’re using the right words.

#3785 2 years ago
Quoted from tr8785:

is it pedantic or patronizing in this case? Just want to make sure we’re using the right words.

At least it's not condescending (that's when people talk down to you)

#3786 2 years ago
Quoted from koops:

From the down votes I wasn't sure if you were serious or trolling etc so I had a look myself.
*flame suit on*
I can see what you were referring to. It is so small and seems to only exist for a single frame.
So I present this gif which should help demonstrate what you saw a little better.
I'm not sure if its a camera movement or as other have said its just shaking from the machine itself but its a TINY movement.
More impressed you actually saw this!
The light reflecting off the right eye makes it appear that its probably moving more than it is.
Whiplash in my imve probably moves just as much
This feels like im trying to debunk a ufo sighting lol!
"I want to believe but its just internal camera refection!"
edit: ahha! inline gifs work.
[quoted image]
hmm. that camera shake tho, locked to the ramp.
[quoted image]

Uhhh...where's Grogu's other hand? Now that I've installed that disturbing image in your minds.....You're Welcome.

#3787 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

Uhhh...where's Grogu's other hand? Now that I've installed that disturbing image in your minds.....You're Welcome.

Stern is way too cheap to install a masturbating baby Yoda.

Modders are you listening?!?!

#3788 2 years ago

I'm hoping the Pro streams first. They are apparently on the line, so with any luck, they will ship next week. But...seeing the Pre or LE would be cool. Maybe the tilting Mando helmet will be better than it sounds, or the up/down ambush scoop to the extra wireform will be a must have. Unless the magnet has some special code, like catching multiple balls at once, or throwing the ball, not sure it matters.

#3789 2 years ago

Most looking forward to the LCD... hoping it has images from the show. Code... well hmmm surprise me

#3790 2 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Most looking forward to the LCD... hoping it has images from the show. Code... well hmmm surprise me

Brian and Dwight confirmed they have scenes from the show. My question will be how good is the variety, and how well do the clips flow together during gameplay.

#3791 2 years ago

Hoping to see some Ralph McQuarrie style end credit paintings on the Mandalorian pinball machine during high score or attract mode...please,please,please.
711A7146-C9DF-4131-85F7-916E235A5F05 (resized).png711A7146-C9DF-4131-85F7-916E235A5F05 (resized).pngD107DAF6-B387-449B-9EBD-30B78EEF3C19 (resized).jpegD107DAF6-B387-449B-9EBD-30B78EEF3C19 (resized).jpeg3631D5B2-CF3B-4DDD-A237-1ACD0585E8C1 (resized).jpeg3631D5B2-CF3B-4DDD-A237-1ACD0585E8C1 (resized).jpeg

#3792 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The order would be connected to your serial number, Stern won’t send a prem part for a pro game and they also wouldn’t believe your wireforms are broken / in need of replacement

You don't need to own a premium to order premium parts. Any distributor can order them for you. Here is an example.

https://www.pinballlife.com/iron-maiden-cyborg-eddie-figure-with-mounting-bracket.html

#3793 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Hoping to see some Ralph McQuarrie style end credit paintings on the Mandalorian pinball machine during high score or attract mode...please,please,please.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yes indeed, it's very Ralph McQuarrie like, reminds me of the matte painting he used to do. He was such a big part of creating that Star Wars vision back in 1977.. dunno who the current artist is, but I would love to have some of his prints!

#3794 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

So I flipped out when Stern released photos and I was discouraged by the choice of using a mini pf for both the LE/Premium and Pro models(had my usual new release tantrum). My first thought was to cancel my LE spot and just wait it out. Then my friend talked me off the ledge and convinced me to give it a chance. He thinks I may actually like the rotating pf on the LE and the features will be worth the up grade. I was hesitant so I also am ordering a Pro just in case I do not care for the mini pf on LE. The Pro mini pf seems more like a pass through and may play different?(thinking I may like better?) I am a Star Wars fanboy and just could not resist the power of the force for this game. I told myself the only titles that will have me pulling trigger on LE were BTTF, Beetlejuice, and maybe Van Halen. Then Stern surprises me with the Mandalorian out of left field. I am becoming a theme horror and Star Wars Mandalorian theme is like crack to me-and too hard to resist. I also have to say that Carl Weathers really pushed me as well, along with hopefully great video and audio content. Damn you Stern!

The majority of the gameplay modes appears to revolve around that mini pf...so...

#3795 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The majority of the gameplay modes appears to revolve around that mini pf...so...

no they do not.

#3796 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

You don't need to own a premium to order premium parts. Any distributor can order them for you. Here is an example.
https://www.pinballlife.com/iron-maiden-cyborg-eddie-figure-with-mounting-bracket.html

Something stern can (and has) change at any time for any part.

See rising cross for Metallica for instance… lots of examples.

#3797 2 years ago

You've seen the gameplay that contradicts what the marketing says?

#3798 2 years ago

You can’t order everything though. For example...you can’t order prem / LE backglass. Also, It’s likely that the prem habitrails would not just slap on the pro without modification.

#3799 2 years ago

I don't know about Premium parts, but in the past Stern has instructed distributors not to sell LE-specific parts without confirming LE ownership. But even that isn't always consistently implemented, so if you want an LE part as an upgrade for your Pro or Premium it's worth calling around (just politely say you'd like to order part no. XXXXX, there's no reason to start a discussion about Stern's policies or volunteer which model you own unless you're asked).

#3800 2 years ago

My buddy put down a deposit for a premium on day 1 and just got an email saying that he has one secured for him, but if he wanted to wait he wouldn’t be able to get him one until 2022. He has a great relationship with his distributor so I doubt he’s being dishonest.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 22.95
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/76?hl=flyfalcons and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.