(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 153.
#3601 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Game looks fun to me.
I INSIST YOU ALL BUY ONE!!!

A big chunk of the thread is from people wishing to do exactly that! Lol

#3602 2 years ago

Yeah Monster Bash has more stuff on the playfield, but the code is shallow (fine enough for most people though).

Mando has more sculpts than a typical Stern, licensed video/audio from a modern hit TV show, a celebrity on voice call outs, and a much deeper rule set in comparison.

That’s the modern trade off. Depth for home collectors at the expense of playfield features (and considering how many calls I do to replace a simple coil stop, a lot of home owners don’t really want to maintain a complex game)

#3603 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

But more exciting than rotation discussion.

Sorry to say this, but Darth Maul 'parts' clearly rotated on their way down..!
giphy-1.gifgiphy-1.gif

#3604 2 years ago
Quoted from JK_Pinball:

Tired of people flipping their Mandalorian LEs before even unboxing them? Well don't worry! Now you can start flipping too with these custom 3D printed and hand-painted Mandalorian flipper toppers on your game! Go for the classic hand-painted Ambian Rifle, or the Beskar inspired paint job. 30$ per pair, each comes with 3M double stick tape ready to go on your new machine.
Flipper Toppers are made to order, so please expect 1 to 3 weeks prior to shipment.
Check out my shop add here: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1298-jk-pinball/05090-mandalorian-flipper-toppers
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Lol, that was fast!

#3605 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Lol, that was fast!

Gotta strike while the iron is hot as they say. Or is gotta flip before the ball drains...

#3606 2 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Agree, But its a hit and miss as to when and if he will complete the code!
Look at GB - 3 years and that was only because of pressure from owners at every stern public event
Now Munsters - Lazy copy and paste level 2 and 3. Nothing great here
Come on!

But tbh both GoT and GB was more than complete to be called a full enjoyable gameplay experience imo, before he made the last updates. Wanting to come back and polish and add some stuff does not equal "unfinished" imo. I know people are still crying big baby tears for the canon insert in ACDC

#3607 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

And in the final analysis, from you all I've learned that yes, the Mandalorian mini playfield has pitch, like an airplane, which is front-to-back rotation around a side-to-side axis shown in the reveal video. Tilt is not rotation, in itself, just a way to describe relative axis positioning from normal axes for the axis of rotation. "Rocking" is roll, like an airplane, side-to-side rotation around a front-to-back axis, which is what JPPOTC mini playfield does. Stern is correct, the Mandalorian mini playfield rotates. So does the JPPOTC one. Thanks for the insight!

Why isn't this a key post yet?!

#3608 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yeah Monster Bash has more stuff on the playfield, but the code is shallow (fine enough for most people though).
Mando has more sculpts than a typical Stern, licensed video/audio from a modern hit TV show, a celebrity on voice call outs, and a much deeper rule set in comparison.
That’s the modern trade off. Depth for home collectors at the expense of playfield features (and considering how many calls I do to replace a simple coil stop, a lot of home owners don’t really want to maintain a complex game)

They can always buy " The Pin" or Virtual pinball
Unless you got some deep pockets owing a mechanical device means having to learn to service a few things.

#3609 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

This shit is crazier than the bible.

I don't know about that.

Idontknowaboutthat (resized).pngIdontknowaboutthat (resized).png

#3610 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

They can always buy " The Pin" or Virtual pinball
Unless you got some deep pockets owing a mechanical device means having to learn to service a few things.

I feel like most people buying NIB have deep pockets. Especially the ones who just want a few things in their gameroom that maybe get played five hundred times tops.

Paying someone $75 to fix a flipper is chump change on a $9,000 game.

#3611 2 years ago

I'm waiting for the next trilogy when they introduce Darth Solo. He is BADASS.

#3612 2 years ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

Gotta strike while the iron is hot as they say. Or is gotta flip before the ball drains...

..then, let's all order JkPinball's Gotta Flip Before the Ball Drains T-shirts lol

#3613 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Didn't they do that already in The Force Awakens? Or are we moving on to Han's grandchildren?

#3614 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Didn't they do that already in The Force Awakens? Or are we moving on to Han's grandchildren?

In a galaxy far far away...no one ever truly dies.

#3615 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

..then, let's all order JkPinball's Gotta Flip Before the Ball Drains T-shirts lol

Lol, dont tempt me to make one. Cant be worse than any other shirt out there. All joking aside, really look forward to seeing this game in action. Hope it plays great

#3616 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Darth Jar Jar would crush him though

darthjarjar (resized).pngdarthjarjar (resized).png
#3617 2 years ago

Does anyone think you could add the premium wire forms to the pro? I hate the plastic ramps coming across the playfield

#3618 2 years ago

A modder will have to make them, highly doubt you’ll be able to get them from Stern. I agree the plastic return ramps are rough. I can see them getting really clouds really quick on location.

Quoted from Yesh23:

Does anyone think you could add the premium wire forms to the pro? I hate the plastic ramps coming across the playfield

#3619 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

A modder will have to make them, highly doubt you’ll be able to get them from Stern. I agree the plastic return ramps are rough. I can see them getting really clouds really quick on location.

You can order the ramps as replacements through a distro, but you may have to prove you own a premium/LE

#3620 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

My guess is that the path of the ball is just a wee bit different, probably somewhat intentionally.
The plastic ramps would be the biggest roadblock for me, if I were buying a pro model. Everything else about that pro model is fine by me, but those plastic ramps just seem too intrusive. I’m not anti-plastic by any means, but on this game they seem to wreck too much of rhe visual goodness.

#3621 2 years ago

The order would be connected to your serial number, Stern won’t send a prem part for a pro game and they also wouldn’t believe your wireforms are broken / in need of replacement

Quoted from chuckwurt:

You can order the ramps as replacements through a distro, but you may have to prove you own a premium/LE

#3622 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Darth is dead.
Mandalorian takes place after the original trilogy.

Then why is Yoda still a Baby, d‘uh!?

And it‘s ManDelorean so it obviously has time travel, wich explains Luke appearence and honestly I know I‘m talking shit but I just read 200 posts about „rotation“ and want to die.

#3623 2 years ago

Still just stroking our meat around here? Any new news or just 3 more pages of eggplants and water?

#3624 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The order would be connected to your serial number, Stern won’t send a prem part for a pro game and they also wouldn’t believe your wireforms are broken / in need of replacement

I’ve ordered them before through my distro. I bought them no questions asked in my case. They were actually broken, but I wasn’t asked to provide proof.

Actually, now that think of it, I had to give the broken ramps back. So yeah, unlikely you’ll be able to just buy the wireforms from stern.

#3625 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

My guess is that the path of the ball is just a wee bit different, probably somewhat intentionally.
The plastic ramps would be the biggest roadblock for me, if I were buying a pro model. Everything else about that pro model is fine by me, but those plastic ramps just seem too intrusive. I’m not anti-plastic by any means, but on this game they seem to wreck too much of rhe visual goodness.

I 100% agree with you... well said!!

#3626 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

21 pages of circle jerk and still no pictures of the game. FUCK

Quoted from EricHadley:

22 pages of masturbation since I last looked. Anything news worthy or still a circle jerk?

Quoted from EricHadley:

Still just stroking our meat around here? Any new news or just 3 more pages of eggplants and water?

Maybe just wait until the reveal stream on Friday? And maybe give the ol' crank a break.

#3627 2 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Maybe just wait until the reveal stream on Friday? And maybe give the ol' crank a break.

I looked real hard for him, found an older newspaper article that talked about pinballs AND eggplants. You're welcome!
0_0_3300_6300.jpg0_0_3300_6300.jpg

#3628 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That would be weak sauce.

#3629 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

We know from the sequel trilogy that there werent any sith around post emperor "death". I wish Mando were allowed to dismiss the sequel trilogy continuity but you know.....Disney

My guess is Disney may just start to ignore the sequel trilogy and not protect it. There is basically zero following for the sequel trilogy, no one wants anything further from the characters there nor from the story.

#3630 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Sorry to say this, but Darth Maul 'parts' clearly rotated on their way down..!
[quoted image]

Who’s to say Darth Maul (since no character looks like him ) isn’t from a race that has abilities to re grow after being cut in half .Just think ,He might have grown into twins at the bottom of that well .Do it Disney!

6E50D38B-9E7B-469C-A07C-2A22910C14D3 (resized).png6E50D38B-9E7B-469C-A07C-2A22910C14D3 (resized).png
#3631 2 years ago

Yes twins !

51BF164E-982A-4349-B3AA-D92FC95E2C52 (resized).jpeg51BF164E-982A-4349-B3AA-D92FC95E2C52 (resized).jpeg8D736AE5-C396-49F9-8678-C07DD95699EB (resized).jpeg8D736AE5-C396-49F9-8678-C07DD95699EB (resized).jpeg
#3632 2 years ago

All kiddin aside that was the biggest mistake “kill off” in history .If he continued in the story the last 6 would’ve been much more interesting .You would’ve had him young and old .

#3633 2 years ago

If the pro didn’t have plastic ramps, that would be the one to get. The plastic ramps just reminds me of mid to late 1980’s Williams pins. One of the better pros offered by Stern, if had wire formed ramps would rank as one of the best. Well looks wise and option wise compared to the Pre/LE.

#3634 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

If the pro didn’t have plastic ramps, that would be the one to get. The plastic ramps just reminds me of mid to late 1980’s Williams pins. One of the better pros offered by Stern, if had wire formed ramps would rank as one of the best. Well looks wise and option wise compared to the Pre/LE.

I find the "big" changes between many pro-premiums models arent what i would miss most.
Jurassic Park. The moving TREX is supposed to be the big draw but its the Raptor pen i miss most on the pro.
Avengers. The Rising portal and subway should be the big draw but it was the Antman vuc and Captain Marvel shots that were my deciding factors.
Led Zeppelin. Rising magnetic spinner...meh. Upper flipper to upramp wireform? Much more fun imo.
I know that the Mini playfield should be the big draw for Mando but its that horseshoe/upramp shot im excited for.

#3635 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I find the "big" changes between many pro-premiums models arent what i would miss most.
Jurassic Park. The moving TREX is supposed to be the big draw but its the Raptor pen i miss most on the pro.
Avengers. The Rising portal and subway should be the big draw but it was the Antman vuc and Captain Marvel shots that were my deciding factors.
Led Zeppelin. Rising magnetic spinner...meh. Upper flipper to upramp wireform? Much more fun imo.
I know that the Mini playfield should be the big draw for Mando but its that horseshoe/upramp shot im excited for.

I happen to agree with that Mando upramp shot 100%
Don't care about mini 2 flipper playfield kinda prefer single.
Went Pro because Haggis Mermaid set me back $

#3636 2 years ago

So, just so I don't lose track, when is the live feed on Friday and what is the link?

I also feel it's noteworthy that there was a lot of interest in the Mandalorian pinball from the streamline media and not only from the regular pinball posts and outlets. Obviously benefited from Disney backing and Star Wars fan base. Wondering how many Star Wars enthusiasts came out of the woodwork and discovered the hobby just for that specific release.

#3637 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

So, just so I don't lose track, when is the live feed on Friday and what is the link?
I also feel it's noteworthy that there was a lot of interest in the Mandalorian pinball from the streamline media and not only from the regular pinball posts and outlets. Obviously benefited from Disney backing and Star Wars fan base. Wondering how many Star Wars enthusiasts came out of the woodwork and discovered the hobby just for that specific release.

Just go to twitch and search DeadFlip. 6pm CDT I think? https://m.twitch.tv/deadflip/schedule

#3638 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

All kiddin aside that was the biggest mistake “kill off” in history .If he continued in the story the last 6 would’ve been much more interesting .You would’ve had him young and old .

He did not die. He ended up with robotic legs. You see him in the animated shows and books.

#3639 2 years ago
Quoted from kumanaga:

He did not die. He ended up with robotic legs. You see him in the animated shows and books.

And also in the Solo movie.

#3640 2 years ago

My take is (logic not canon) the lightsaber will cauterize any wound so no blood loss. Losing your bottom half might not be the death sentence one would expect it to be. From a medical standpoint I think Anakin/Vader was more of a mess than Maul anyways.

Clearly Friday cannot come quick enough...

#3641 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Feel free to not check in on this thread...

#3642 2 years ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

Clearly Friday cannot come quick enough...

Truer words have never been spoken.

#3643 2 years ago

I think I've only seen Yaddle mentioned once in this thread. So who thinks she will make an appearance in the series? Grogu's mom? Aunt? Grandma?

Yaddle (resized).jpgYaddle (resized).jpg
#3644 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I think I've only seen Yaddle mentioned once in this thread. So who thinks she will make an appearance in the series? Grogu's mom? Aunt? Grandma?[quoted image]

Bro you gatta warn people and hide this behind a spoiler. Or NSFW at least.

#3645 2 years ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

Bro you gatta warn people and hide this behind a spoiler. Or NSFW at least.

Why? That's from Phantom Menace. It came out in 1999. I need to give spoiler alerts for a movie that came out in 1999?

#3646 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I think I've only seen Yaddle mentioned once in this thread. So who thinks she will make an appearance in the series? Grogu's mom? Aunt? Grandma?[quoted image]

My first reaction was that's a photo from Gremlins...

#3647 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Im leaning toward Tridactyls (Yodas species) being born through some kind of immaculate force conception Anakin style

#3648 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Why? That's from Phantom Menace. It came out in 1999. I need to give spoiler alerts for a movie that came out in 1999?

It was a joke cause the pic is frightening out of the blue... oh well

#3649 2 years ago
1F16DF90-7B41-445B-A062-2EFD60D07848 (resized).jpeg1F16DF90-7B41-445B-A062-2EFD60D07848 (resized).jpeg
#3650 2 years ago

So....we thinking this is about to be the most watched Deadflip steam ever? Has anything had this much set up and excitement before? I haven't been in the hobby a year yet, so this is the first time I've seen a new pin with this much hype. The first GnR stream was pretty hyped up, but their trailer video was so good you had an idea of how the game was going to work at least.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
4,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/73 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.