(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 hours ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 153.
#3551 2 years ago

Lets see...

Ball juggling on some rando mando face, a shiity "force" magnet and unanimated Grogu, a tour de force designer, a half good/half bad coder on the code, and a Stern BOM.

What could possibly go wrong?

#3552 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Lets see...
Ball juggling on some rando mando face, a shiity "force" magnet and unanimated Grogu, a tour de force designer, a half good/half bad coder on the code, and a Stern BOM.

Dwight is an amazing coder. Some people may not like his "style", but that would not take away from his skill and creativity with the code.

#3553 2 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Dwight is an amazing coder. Some people may not like his "style", but that would not take away from his skill and creativity with the code.

Agree! Personally I think Dwight is the best objective / story based coder that Stern has. A majority of other Stern's coders are too focused on points for tournament play in my opinion. I watched SDTM's TMNT and Avengers reviews and both Zach and Greg loved TMNT code but were not big fans (especially Zach) of AIQ code as it seems mostly focused on scoring points. I'll agree with that viewpoint, felt the same way when I played both on location. Dwight came through big time with Ghostbusters code (yes it took forever lol, but it still got done) and ended up creating one hell of a story based objective ruleset for the game. The only game he really let people down on code wise was Munsters but if it was purposely supposed to be more simple is that really his fault? Star Wars has a big focus on multipliers but he also coded a ton of objective based modes in the game with different levels.

People have also brought up how Dwight codes moments very well. The best way I can describe this is mode choreography meaning incorporating music, sounds, lighting, animations, etc all timed to shots. Loopin Supers and Storage Facility Multiball in Ghostbusters as well as Lightsaber Battle in SW are great examples of mode choreography coded by Dwight. That style of mode design is not only more fun to play through but also offers more value in my opinion (takes more effort to code). As a home player, and even as a location player, I rather play through Dwight style rulesets then the more points focused ones.

#3554 2 years ago

Well I'm still very excited! It's my first run at going through the process of finding out about an upcoming pinball with a theme I like, reading all the posts, watching the vids and actually contacting a distributor.

It doesn't mean I landed a game (I didn't), but I'll still chase a Premium if I can, sometimes down the road. It's a Star Wars and already checks many boxes in my case.

And I get that this is a forum where people can voice their opinions and feelings about it, but it's a new pinball folks! With hits and misses, like pretty much everything in life.

But after this pandemic, it's good news to read about Mando, Alien, the upcoming Godzilla and even Fathom remake! The hobby is alive and kicking, it's brought me so much fun since last year playing at home, I'm thankful. And once we can get out of our lockdown, I'll also drop tons of money into whatever game I see in the wild, because the more you play, the more you see what you like!

#3555 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Lets see...

It's almost as if it's a pinball machine where you bat around a steel ball, stuff happens, and lights flash. Might even be fun. That would be horrible.

#3556 2 years ago
Quoted from DerezzedKnight:

The main villain is yet to come. They name drop I believe in the last episode, but unless you've read up on Star Wars you may not know who he is.

so great last two episodes (especially the last one).

Spoilers

Luke's CGI looked really fake but still effective.

Only bummer was I laughed as that old man try to take down mando. Please - that guy is a joke. No real threat that I've seen and I didn't catch the drop on the potential new baddie. Who is it?

Enjoyed the show.

#3557 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so great last two episodes (especially the last one).
Spoilers
Luke's CGI looked really fake but still effective.
Only bummer was I laughed as that old man try to take down mando. Please - that guy is a joke. No real threat that I've seen and I didn't catch the drop on the potential new baddie. Who is it?
Enjoyed the show.

Grand Admiral Thrawn.

CF7FCD97-6B37-47E7-8C63-37C0DD9321AA (resized).pngCF7FCD97-6B37-47E7-8C63-37C0DD9321AA (resized).png
#3558 2 years ago
Quoted from Wilberto757:

Grand Admiral Thrawn.[quoted image]

he looks like he's from star trek. Can't be worse than grandpa though. Oh well - was hoping for some Darth action but I'm sure season 3 will be good.

Thanks!

#3559 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

he looks like he's from star trek. Can't be worse than grandpa though. Oh well - was hoping for some Darth action but I'm sure season 3 will be good.
Thanks!

He's Cruel. Ruthless. Calculated. Can't wait to see how Favreau will use him!

#3560 2 years ago

I think Disney had begun casting work for a live action Thrawn last year. It’s been a while, so I don’t recall all the speculative details.

**spoiler for Star Wars Rebels**

Rumors at the time guessed at a possible live action series about Ezra and Thrawn. But I could see how he might appear - or crossover - in The Mandalorian.

#3561 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Yeah, he’s an awesome villain because he’s a good ol’ fashioned mastermind. No force powers or anything, just 10 steps ahead of everyone else and sets up impossible, oppressive situations for his opponents, toying with them psychologically.

Also had a great voice actor who, IMHO, would fit the live action character, too.

#3562 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Dwight mentioned in the Super Awesome Pinball podcast that there's no lane by the "D" in C-H-I-L-D. Did anyone catch how the "D" is lit?

Simple logic trick. If C-H-I-L is NOT triggered after the ball has entered the Grogu area, the pop bumper trigger the D.

#3563 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

was hoping for some Darth action but I'm sure season 3 will be good.

I’d explain why that’s impossible, but I don’t want to spoil ROTJ for you ...

#3564 2 years ago

Is Mandalorian pinball still a thing? Seems so yesterday already.

#3565 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If the head doesn't spin like in Exorcist, I'm out.

I think you meant to say "if the head doesn't rotate"

#3566 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

hahaha

#3567 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Is Mandalorian pinball still a thing? Seems so yesterday already.

Yea, what is the next Stern pin already, gees.

#3568 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Darth_Maul_profile (resized).pngDarth_Maul_profile (resized).png

Edit: to be clear I think (I'm not an SW expert anymore) darth maul is dead at this point in the timeline but darth is just a title.

#3569 2 years ago

Pretty sure Thrawn is slated for the Ahsoka spinoff. Or is that the Ahsoka rotate-off?

ahsoka-tano-show-logo-1248479-1280x0 (resized).jpegahsoka-tano-show-logo-1248479-1280x0 (resized).jpeg

#3570 2 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Pretty sure Thrawn is slated for the Ahsoka spinoff. Or is that the Ahsoka rotate-off?
[quoted image]

Thrawn makes way more sense for Ahsoka than Mando as things stand now. I would love to see him get his own stuff too though. The books are great.

#3571 2 years ago

The “D” is lit behind your zipper when you decide to buy a different game.

Quoted from Xelz:

Dwight mentioned in the Super Awesome Pinball podcast that there's no lane by the "D" in C-H-I-L-D. Did anyone catch how the "D" is lit?

#3572 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

- was hoping for some Darth action but I'm sure season 3 will be good.
Thanks!

Darth is dead.
Mandalorian takes place after the original trilogy.

#3573 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Darth is dead.
Mandalorian takes place after the original trilogy.

SPOILERS!

But it does make you wonder if those who don't realize that have any clue why the baby yoda is significant. And I am not even a Star Wars fan.

#3574 2 years ago

You had your 40yrs to watch Jedi

#3575 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

[quoted image]
Edit: to be clear I think (I'm not an SW expert anymore) darth maul is dead at this point in the timeline but darth is just a title.

We know from the sequel trilogy that there werent any sith around post emperor "death". I wish Mando were allowed to dismiss the sequel trilogy continuity but you know.....Disney

#3576 2 years ago

Just for anyone talking Child rollovers. Incase you hadnt noticed, the C lane is actuwlly just the left orbit switch. If the D is not a lane then this game has the fairly standard 3 lane setup?

#3577 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Just for anyone talking Child rollovers. Incase you hadnt noticed, the C lane is actuwlly just the left orbit switch. If the D is not a lane then this game has the fairly standard 3 lane setup?

That makes sense.
I wasn’t paying close enough attention.

#3578 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

That's true, left orbit guide isolates the C. Also, it's a matter of how far over can the magnet can actually throw the ball, meaning the outside rollover switches are not really reachable from the magnet position and lane hardware.

#3579 2 years ago

I love that Carl Weathers is going to be doing the call outs that is perfect! I can't wait for this machine! Mandalorian is SW Gospel for me along with the original trilogy and Rogue one. Never been a Stern fan but I love what I see in this game. I love JJ deepness and that is where my enjoyment is with deep rulesets etc is but this is first Stern that I will be purchasing NIB and regardless of what I would want in the game, I see enough that will make this very enjoyable for my family and Friends...This is the WAY!

#3580 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Lets see...

Lol...preach it bro!

#3581 2 years ago

I believe Darth Maul is dead at this time but he will be the big bad in the Kenobi series.

#3582 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

so I did see ROTJ....maybe I'm wrong but I thought "Darth" was just the title - there were many of them in the past and could be in the future no?

Maybe I don't understand Darth though....I was hoping there would be a new Darth (fill in the name after that).

#3583 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so I did see ROTJ....maybe I'm wrong but I thought "Darth" was just the title - there were many of them in the past and could be in the future no?
Maybe I don't understand Darth though....I was hoping there would be a new Darth (fill in the name after that).

Yep, it's a title.

#3584 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I so wish the star wars sequals were just timothy zahns star wars novels. Thrawn, mara jade, everyone. Such good content.

#3585 2 years ago

Darth Maul became simply Maul in the Rebel series, and ***spoilter alert*** wasn't he killed for good by Obi, which takes place before A New Hope? Mando takes place after ROTJ.

#3586 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Darth Maul became simply Maul in the Rebel series, and ***spoilter alert*** wasn't he killed for good by Obi, which takes place before A New Hope? Mando takes place after ROTJ.

Yes, only looking at the movies Darth Maul is cut in half (I define this as being dead), Darth Sidious dead, Darth Vader dead (well, he actually just stopped from being a Sith Lord when Luke freed him from the Dark Side. Then Luke burned the body. That's double-dead!

I'd say having 'Darth' as a title is not such a good thing!

And there are way more 'Darths' in the Star Wars Universe. A bit like Marvel, there are heroes and baddies by the bookful!

#3587 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

***spoiler warning***

Yes, Maul was killed (for real this time) by Middle-aged Ben before A New Hope.

#3588 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

***spoiler warning***
Yes, Maul was killed (for real this time) by Middle-aged Ben before A New Hope.

Lol, 'spoiler warning', I mean, this happened a long, long time ago..!

#3589 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Yes, only looking at the movies Darth Maul is cut in half (I define this as being dead), Darth Sidious dead, Darth Vader dead (well, he actually just stopped from being a Sith Lord when Luke freed him from the Dark Side. Then Luke burned the body. That's double-dead!
I'd say having 'Darth' as a title is not such a good thing!
And there are way more 'Darths' in the Star Wars Universe. A bit like Marvel, there are heroes and baddies by the bookful!

Maul survived being cut in half.

#3590 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

This shit is crazier than the bible.

#3591 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

But more exciting than rotation discussion.

#3592 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

***more spoiler warnings***

***like really, big ass spoilers***

***I'm serious, spoilers***

It gets better/crazier. Maul eventually took over the world Mandalore, becoming it's ruler, until Ahsoka showed up to beat the eff out of him.

#3593 2 years ago

Tired of people flipping their Mandalorian LEs before even unboxing them? Well don't worry! Now you can start flipping too with these custom 3D printed and hand-painted Mandalorian flipper toppers on your game! Go for the classic hand-painted Ambian Rifle, or the Beskar inspired paint job. 30$ per pair, each comes with 3M double stick tape ready to go on your new machine.

Flipper Toppers are made to order, so please expect 1 to 3 weeks prior to shipment.
Check out my shop add here: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1298-jk-pinball/05090-mandalorian-flipper-toppers

IMG_5347 (resized).jpgIMG_5347 (resized).jpgIMG_5348 (resized).jpgIMG_5348 (resized).jpgIMG_5350 (resized).jpgIMG_5350 (resized).jpg
#3594 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Lol...preach it bro!

ok, I will... my up/down vote ratio was getting to high again...

I am a SW fanboy, a pinball fanboy, and a Mandalorian fanboy, but the convergence of the three in this machine? Not a fanboy. If Kenner can make a Grogu doll animate with a single motor, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that this machine was time boxed, probably behind schedule, and more than likely spent all their money on the Grogu and Razorcrest sculpts that are only there to catch eyeballs, not pinballs. If I compared this machine to say MB, can anyone explain to me the vast wasteland of Mando comparatively? MB had 7 custom sculpts, four of which electrically moved, two of which where bash targets, and one of those was a moving bash target. It had a fan layout with 8 main shots, three ramps, a scoop, a spinner, a saucer, a moving two target bank, a stationary 2 target bank, 5 standups , 3 roll over lanes, 3 poppers, a 2 controlled gates, plus a habitrail up post ball lock, plus the phantom flip sensors.

Ok, now add all the benefits of the CGC LE remake at a $8300 delivered price point and tell me again how a Mando LE is worth $14k scalped or even $10k delivered at MSRP?

From a operators standpoint, the Pro makes a lot of sense. But I will be buying my Mando pinball experience one buck at a time at the arcade, not by putting just an average (below average?) NIB Stern into my collection.

Faced with buying a new BE pin, between NIB Mando or STh, I think a used STh Premium is a better buy.

If we are going to start sucking each others lightsabers every time Stern drops a below average SW title, we should not be surprised by what they try and pass off as a "fun" Star Wars pinball experience. This machine is no where near as "great" a title as all the fanboys on here preach it to be, no matter if it flipped like MM, so I am here to give an opposing viewpoint.

#3595 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

we should not be surprised by what they try and pass off as a "fun" Star Wars pinball experience. This machine is no where near as "great" a title as all the fanboys on here preach it to be, no matter if it flipped like MM

Have you played it?
Don’t see GOAT pumping, quite the opposite on this thread.
But please, help us all define what “fun” should be.

#3596 2 years ago

Game looks fun to me.

I INSIST YOU ALL BUY ONE!!!

#3597 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

He's Cruel. Ruthless. Calculated.

Thrawn is also a badass in hand to hand combat.

#3598 2 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Dwight is an amazing coder.

Agree, But its a hit and miss as to when and if he will complete the code!
Look at GB - 3 years and that was only because of pressure from owners at every stern public event
Now Munsters - Lazy copy and paste level 2 and 3. Nothing great here

Come on!

#3599 2 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Agree, But its a hit and miss as to when and if he will complete the code!
Look at GB - 3 years and that was only because of pressure from owners at every stern public event
Now Munsters - Lazy copy and paste level 2 and 3. Nothing great here
Come on!

I think Dwight's rules can be pretty cool, my main issue is it's like Hale and Hearty where I'm paying for all the soups I DON'T eat.

He makes these crazy "Deep" multi-path rulesets but most people just play the same "house" all the time. I just don't know if it's really necessary.

#3600 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

That's another plot altogether, I was only making a reference to the movies. But, yeah, after being cut in half, he sort of came back.. but it did involve a s***load of Crazy Glue!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 22.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

11,500 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/72?hl=flyfalcons and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.