(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 43 hours ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 153.
#3401 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

And how do you buy them? I’m still digesting the suggestion made earlier in this thread that the side rails are going to be limited in some manner and you may have to buy them through scalpers. I simply refuse to believe that will be the case on side rails that some could simply scan and fabricate on their own...

I’ve got them on order with my distributor. Well they have a open order for me and will place it once available.

Stern will have them on their site too. No idea if there is hold back for distributors etc.

According to an email circulating - should be mid Julyish

#3402 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

I’ve got them on order with my distributor. Well they have a open order for me and will place it once available.
Stern will have them on their site too. No idea if there is hold back for distributors etc.
According to an email circulating - should be mid Julyish

Same here, put my deposit in and asked to have a set of the side armor and inner art blades to. We’ll see what happens.

#3403 2 years ago

Typically Stern will sell accessories on their website after distros have claimed their allotment. So I’d say if you are dealing with a larger distro just order through them early and you’ll be fine.

#3404 2 years ago

So was mine obviously

#3405 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

That is ‘rocking’ not ‘Rotation’ dude, c’mon.
I know you know the difference. True about the doll...I just figure Stern should cut the ish with the borderline false advertising.
[quoted image]

They it rotates, wich it does since it has an axis. ONE axis. They didn‘t say it does a full rotation. So everything is correct in all departments altough you‘d udually not describe this fraction of a rotation as a rotation.

#3406 2 years ago

The mini playfield does not rotate, the mechanism under the playfield rotates *technically. It’s semantics. Describing the the mini playfield as “rotating” is misleading.

Quoted from DS_Nadine:

They it rotates, wich it does since it has an axis. ONE axis. They didn‘t say it does a full rotation. So everything is correct in all departments altough you‘d udually not describe this fraction of a rotation as a rotation.

#3407 2 years ago

Damn Stern and all their false advertising! This company is just failing everywhere. I’m only buying JJP from now on. Stern games, designers, and programmers are just awful. I mean has anyone ever played that stupid Deadpool game? What a joke. That Katana isn’t even made out of true Japanese steel! And seriously, that pathetic Jurassic Park game!? Then there was that awful Ghostbuster pin! Stern is just garbage.

(Sarcasm)

#3408 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The mini playfield does not rotate, the mechanism under the playfield rotates *technically. It’s semantics. Describing the the mini playfield as “rotating” is misleading.

The playfield rotates around an axis. It's about movement, not what causes it. I can rotate my pen on a table - my fingers cause it, but the pen's motion is still in rotation. It's a weird description for marketing to use, but it's entirely accurate.

#3409 2 years ago

Yeah? What happens if you rotate your fingers on an axis changing the pitch of the pen? That’s rotation right? The pen is rotating, yes?

Quoted from Xelz:

The playfield rotates around an axis. It's about movement, not what causes it. I can rotate my pen on a table - my fingers cause it, but the pen's motion is still in rotation. It's a weird description for marketing to use, but it's entirely accurate.

#3410 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Yeah? What happens if you rotate your fingers on an axis changing the pitch of the pen? That’s rotation right? The pen is rotating, yes?

If the pen moves around an axis, then the pen rotates. If the pen changes pitch by rotating around a horizontal axis (regardless whether it makes a full rotation or not), then the pen rotates, just like a plane.

And technically I can use my fingers to rotate a pen without rotating my fingers. For example, if I move my finger in a straight line and cause the pen to rotate (aka spin), then I can cause an object - the pen - to rotate without the cause of the pen's motion - my finger - being in rotation

#3411 2 years ago

The mini playfield does not rotate.

Quoted from Xelz:

If the pen moves around an axis, then the pen rotates. If the pen changes pitch by rotating around a horizontal axis (regardless whether it makes a full rotation or not), then the pen rotates, just like a plane.
And technically I can use my fingers to rotate a pen without rotating my fingers. For example, if I move my finger in a straight line and cause the pen to rotate (aka spin), then I can cause an object - the pen - to rotate without the cause of the pen's motion - my finger - being in rotation

#3412 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The mini playfield does not rotate.

Yes it does. It rotates around an axis that runs from the left to the right of the mini PF.

#3413 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

John Wick for a ten year old???

Actually he was probably 9 or younger when John Wick skin came out on Fortnite and he watched the movies. He watched LOTR when Salomon is getting the Orcs army together where there coming out of the ground with the drums banging (personally the scariest scene i can think of hes watched)and didnt scare him but the wolves scene in Frozen freaked him out, go figure. Kids are strange sometimes what there into and what freaks them out, lol!

#3414 2 years ago

What is rotation? The new Blue/Gold Dress, or how many holes in a straw/doughnut? Only time will tell.

#3415 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I honestly believe It was the vocal minority that shit on his genius GOT/SW rule set that made munsters and TMNT what they are today - i.e. simple and straightforward. Glad to hear he’s going back to his unorthodox way, which to me are some of the best rules in pinball.

I liked GOT, my spouse was not a huge fan of it (she found the rules less approachable). We flipped on TMNT (that we currently own), she really enjoys how straight forward it is but I find the rules to be missing some depth (still a fun game, certainly).

I’m all up for Dwight doing the game more along the lines of GOT/SW, but give me an example about what you mean with “breadth”. I generally follow your advice on games closely, when you like a game that basically always means I will like the game...been that way for years.

#3416 2 years ago

Mini-playfield cannot rotate. Rotation is around someting 360 degree, a complete circle. It can only move a few degree, by definition it's tilting!

#3417 2 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

Mini-playfield cannot rotate. Rotation is around someting 360 degree, a complete circle. It can only move a few degree, by definition it's tilting!

So you are saying something can't rotate 90 degrees?

#3418 2 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

Well, no, that’s not how it’s defined. But if there’s anything I’ve learned about many Pinsiders, it’s that reality doesn’t really matter to them. They’re just a few degrees away from the flat earth club...

#3419 2 years ago
Quoted from kumanaga:

So you are saying something can't rotate 90 degrees?

It’s actually 65! But guys stop with the bickering about rotation. Painful.

#3420 2 years ago

lol, moving flippers on mini pf are distracting, non moving Yoda, and now, rotation!
welcome to pinside.

#3421 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It’s actually 65! But guys stop with the bickering about rotation. Painful.

About as painful as being stabbed with a knife and then rotating it?

So, how about that ambush code? Remind anyone else of the risk/reward strategy with GNR songs?

#3422 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

lol, moving flippers on mini pf are distracting, non moving Yoda, and now, rotation!
welcome to pinside.

Now just wait there.. Grogu rotates??
Next thing you'll say, the earth is round!

Double

#3423 2 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

So when an airplane goes to take off and the pilots say V1, V2, rotate - you’re saying that the plane is supposed to do a complete 360 degree flip?

#3424 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

m all up for Dwight doing the game more along the lines of GOT/SW, but give me an example about what you mean with “breadth”.

On the surface, all you need to do to get to iron throne is to complete 7 modes. That’s not that deep. However, depending on the house you pick and how you choose to use that house’s powers, that path can be very different. Breadth comes from all the different paths you can take, and side modes you can go down (WIC and WHC/Wall MB/Hand of the King/castle MB). So you can go sideways along the path instead of a straight line the whole time.

Mando seems to have some of that same breadth with collecting beskar and buying abilities and weapons and armor, etc. Side missions like hunter, scope, and ambush are things to help mix things up and or maximize score along the way to the final wizard mode.

#3425 2 years ago

Will Mandalorian have a physical ball lock or is it just a virtual one?

#3426 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I liked GOT, my spouse was not a huge fan of it (she found the rules less approachable). We flipped on TMNT (that we currently own), she really enjoys how straight forward it is but I find the rules to be missing some depth (still a fun game, certainly).
I’m all up for Dwight doing the game more along the lines of GOT/SW, but give me an example about what you mean with “breadth”. I generally follow your advice on games closely, when you like a game that basically always means I will like the game...been that way for years.

Right on tiger.

Basically what chuckwurt said.

To add to that. The most common and popular rulesets are linear but deep. Easy to learn and follow along, not too much thought involved on your journey, but as you get deeper more of the game opens up, i.e. depth.

The vocal minority typically hate games that offer breadth. They don’t want a game where there’s too much strategy involved - it can be overwhelming and confusing. A prime example of this is Mr. Kaneda; his idea of the perfect game is playing a game scene by scene from start to finish as if it was the movie.

The kings of breadth are GOT and SW. others would be TWD, DP, AIQ (from what I’ve researched but can’t confirm), Hot Wheels (from what I’ve researched but can’t confirm), WOZ, JJPOTC, and even X-men to an extent.

#3427 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Ooooooo can anyone confirm if it’s a moving virtual force motivated rotating lock?

#3428 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

By this logic, the flippers dont actually flip and the pops dont actually pop.
Come on man. We get it. You're unhappy with Sterns phrasing. Its really not a big deal to anyone but you. Move on. Get a pro. Whatever.

#3429 2 years ago

Hey, just watched the video and I’m sure that the playfield moves. No need to argue about it. I got y’all.

#3430 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

This is America. Violence is fine as long as there is no naughty language or sex.

Maybe in your household. But please don’t lump your version of America with mine.

#3431 2 years ago

How did we end up here??

Stern should say the mini Playfield TILT’s to avoid misleading advertising.

Then it’ll be “Why would they put a tilt bob on a mini pf?”

#3432 2 years ago

It 'rotates 65° if you are looking at it from the side

Screenshot_20210517-232233_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210517-232233_Chrome (resized).jpg
#3433 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

How did we end up here??
Stern should say the mini Playfield TILT’s to avoid misleading advertising.
Then it’ll be “Why would they put a tilt bob on a mini pf?”

Does it tilt in a circle or up and down???

#3434 2 years ago

Anyone know if the mini-pf flipper(s) rotate when the main flippers rotate?

#3435 2 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

So when an airplane goes to take off and the pilots say V1, V2, rotate - you’re saying that the plane is supposed to do a complete 360 degree flip?

Can't wait for the streaming, it's more important ha ha for me! A tilting mini-playfield or tilt the machine, it's the same

#3436 2 years ago

Holy crap I took a short break and it’s gone from “will it move” to “degrees playfield tilts”.Stern should go Pay Per View Friday.

#3437 2 years ago

My eyes have almost fully rotated into the back of my head

#3438 2 years ago
NERDS.gifNERDS.gif
#3439 2 years ago

2624A1AB-088F-4E66-8FB4-6073E9C17A92 (resized).jpeg2624A1AB-088F-4E66-8FB4-6073E9C17A92 (resized).jpeg

#3440 2 years ago

Can anyone else think of another game which has rotating plastic ramps?

#3441 2 years ago

Flippers are stationary, the game moves around them.

#3442 2 years ago

Okay guys, as a pilot, I have to step in here since comparisons are being made in above posts to aviation... when we talk about rotation (at V1 Vr Rotate), we are referring to the rotation of the control yoke (not the aircraft) to manipulate the elevator, stabilizer, or stabilator depending on the aircraft, in order to change the tail down force of the aircraft to manipulate longitudinal control about the lateral axis which travels wingtip to wingtip, the movement about that lateral axis is pitch...and we pitch the aircraft to a degree above 0 or below 0.

So in our mini play field, the servo or mechanism is providing rotation about a lateral axis. That movement is pitch. One could say the play field rotates on an axis, but a more correct term would be that the playfield pitches to a specified degree... But it isn't marketing sexy.

#3443 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

According to Dwight (the programmer for this thing), there's a physical "lock" for the mini-PF where the ball gets trapped on the left upper flipper. This will result in multiball action on the mini-PF.

I also noticed there's an up-post at the right orbit where the ball exits the mini-PF, that could be used for locks too. That said, the foundry scoop can be used as a short "lock" for 2-ball MB.

#3444 2 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

Mini-playfield cannot rotate. Rotation is around someting 360 degree, a complete circle.

That would be a FULL rotation.

#3445 2 years ago

Any word if deadflips stream will have both the pro and premium/le?

#3446 2 years ago

can somebody come to my office and tell me if I need a rotating or tilting chair

#3447 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

can somebody come to my office and tell me if I need a rotating or tilting chair

Screw that chair, what you really need is a Mando pinball!

#3448 2 years ago

I heard Brian Eddy wanted a swiveling upper playfield but the bean counters at Stern only allowed him a rotating one.

#3449 2 years ago

Exxxxactly, thank you!

Quoted from fooflighter:

Okay guys, as a pilot, I have to step in here since comparisons are being made in above posts to aviation... when we talk about rotation, we are referring to the rotation of the control yoke (not the aircraft) to manipulate the elevator, stabilizer, or stabilator depending on the aircraft, in order to change the tail down force of the aircraft to manipulate longitudinal control about the lateral axis which travels wingtip to wingtip, the movement about that lateral axis is pitch...and we pitch the aircraft to a degree above 0 or below 0.
So in our mini play field, the servo or mechanism is providing rotation about a lateral axis. That movement is pitch. One could say the play field rotates on an axis, but a more correct term would be that the playfield pitches to a specified degree.

#3450 2 years ago

If you think 4th dimensionally the entire game rotates as we are like rotating around the sun as a planet man.

image__1_ (resized).jpegimage__1_ (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, VA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 22.95
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Cruces, NM
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.