(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 153.
#3351 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Ok lets go with the 60's, my point was only that it doesn't really count as new or modern. Mandalorian is going after the adorable market in toy sales but its still basically a Dad or Grandpa rock theme.

100% respectfully disagree on Dad theme! My 6 yr old and 10 yr old have tons of Mandalorian toys. They both sleep with Baby Yodas, have all there desktops as Mando or Grogu, and watched the 2 seasons without me. My wife told me to buy the machine since my kids are so into SW universe. They cant wait to go to SW galaxys edge at Disney World. Every kid in the USA knows who baby Yoda is. If you want a true Dad theme look at Munsters or Iron Maiden or Elvira but Mandalorian is not the way...

#3352 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

100% wrong on Dad theme! My 6 yr old and 10 yr old have tons of Mandalorian toys. They both sleep with Baby Yodas, have all there desktops as Mando or Grogu, and watched the 2 seasons without me. My wife told me to buy the machine since my kids are so into SW universe. They cant wait to go to SW galaxys edge at Disney World. Every kid in the USA knows who baby Yoda is. If you want a true Dad theme look at Munsters or Iron Maiden or Elvira but Mandalorian is not the way...

Did you miss the whole they are going after the adorable toy market with the series. I 100% agree this iteration of Star Wars is meant to sell toys and play the nostalgia strings of Dads. I didn't realize that was ever a question for the Star Wars universe.

#3353 2 years ago

If you want to get technical, then the mini PF does rotate around a pivot point that changes its pitch, the same way pilots describe changing pitch during take off as rotation. But I agree that most people would interpret "rotation" to mean something more akin to yaw than pitch.

Technically, though, the marketing is accurate in this case.

#3354 2 years ago

That’s not “Baby Yoda” It’s Grogu, it’s an entirely different character. Make sure your kids know they before they get schooled by some huge playground nerd haha.

Quoted from Phbooms:

100% wrong on Dad theme! My 6 yr old and 10 yr old have tons of Mandalorian toys. They both sleep with Baby Yodas, have all there desktops as Mando or Grogu, and watched the 2 seasons without me. My wife told me to buy the machine since my kids are so into SW universe. They cant wait to go to SW galaxys edge at Disney World. Every kid in the USA knows who baby Yoda is. If you want a true Dad theme look at Munsters or Iron Maiden or Elvira but Mandalorian is not the way...

#3355 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

That’s not “Baby Yoda” It’s Grogu, it’s an entirely different character. Make sure your kids know they before they get schooled by some huge playground nerd haha.

Are the Star Wars kids the school bullies these days? Times have changed....

#3356 2 years ago

The only reason that I know this is because an eight year old beat the pi$$ and s#it out of me at a bus stop the other day because I got it wrong. I know better now, just passing it along. Gonna be icing my eyes for a few days though. Gen Z are a very serious people.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

Are the Star Wars kids the school bullies these days? Times have changed....

#3357 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

If you want to get technical, then the mini PF does rotate around a pivot point that changes its pitch, the same way pilots describe changing pitch during take off as rotation. But I agree that most people would interpret "rotation" to mean something more akin to yaw than pitch.
Technically, though, the marketing is accurate in this case.

Technically, the servo actuator rotates.

#3358 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Technically, the servo actuator rotates.

nerd fight!

#3359 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Did you miss the whole they are going after the adorable toy market with the series. I 100% agree this iteration of Star Wars is meant to sell toys and play the nostalgia strings of Dads. I didn't realize that was ever a question for the Star Wars universe.

Did you miss the first sentence where I said its not a Dad theme...My kids dont care if I like Star Wars or not they love the Mandalorian. They watched all 7 seasons of Clone Wars recently and the Bad Batch. Star Wars is not Dad theme its universally loved by all ages.

#3360 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The only reason that I know this is because an eight year old beat the pi$$ and s#it out of me at a bus stop the other day because I got it wrong. I know better now, just passing it along. Gonna be icing my eyes for a few days though. Gen Z are a very serious people.

My zoomer kids completely missed the Star Wars window. To them its just the Dad area of Disneyland. They are 18 and 20, too young for the prequals and old enough to compare the latest trilogy to the MCU and that didn't go well.

#3361 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I know I know, lol! Grogu, The child, Baby Yoda, pick your poison i guess. Trust me my kids are always correcting me saying its Grogu not baby yoda.

#3362 2 years ago

Oh ok good, just don’t let them hit you haha

Quoted from Phbooms:

I know I know, lol! Grogu, The child, Baby Yoda, pick your poison i guess. Trust me my kids are always correcting me saying its Grogu not baby yoda.

#3363 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Did you miss the first sentence where I said its not a Dad theme...My kids dont care if I like Star Wars or not they love the Mandalorian. They watched all 7 seasons of Clone Wars recently and the Bad Batch. Star Wars is not Dad theme its universally loved by all ages.

Dude, its not a big deal. People of all ages love classic rock, its still Dad rock. I didn't realize it was sensitive to say Star Wars was for Dads and kids. I apologize.

#3364 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Oh ok good, just don’t let them hit you haha

They hit each other enough that i dont have to worry about them hitting me much, LOL! Brotherly love i guess. My 6yr old is the tough guy and my 10 yr old is the video gamer so it goes down very often. I actually had to buy a second build a bear Grogu because they would fist fight over who got to sleep with him!

#3365 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Dude, its not a big deal. People of all ages love classic rock, its still Dad rock. I didn't realize it was sensitive to say Star Wars was for Dads and kids. I apologize.

No apology needed its all in good fun, im not being serious in a negative way with you buddy! Im sorry myself if I made you feel attacked in anyway.

#3366 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It does different levels of 'rotation' to simulate different gravities (difficulty).

In Dwight's Super Awesome Pinball show interview, he talked about using different steepness positions at different times during gameplay. I think that's a very cool innovation. Wonder how steep it can go before the ball falls off after a couple fast hits.

He also said for the no-rotating pro version, he was going to simulate the levels of steepness by chanigng flipper power. For example, lower flipper power could give a similar effect as a steeper mini playfield position. Will be interesting to see what that ends up playing like.

#3367 2 years ago

Just listened to that podcast. Great listen. Excited that the upper playfield is used for other modes other than encounters. Loved the stuff he was talking about especially how they will set it up for multiball on the upper playfield.

#3368 2 years ago

Since I didn't get an LE, maybe I'll overcompensate and buy a Pro instead! Looks pretty good, and only $6k. Not sure about that upper playfield on the Pre/LE, could be fun, could also slow things down. The one flipper version may be less obtrusive. I do like the up/down divertor for Ambush on the Pre/LE but it looks like the Pro will throw it around a turn faster. Ok, I'd still like an LE.

#3369 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Since I didn't get an LE, maybe I'll overcompensate and buy a Pro instead! Looks pretty good, and only $6k. Not sure about that upper playfield on the Pre/LE, could be fun, could also slow things down. The one flipper version may be less obtrusive. I do like the up/down divertor for Ambush on the Pre/LE but it looks like the Pro will throw it around a turn faster. Ok, I'd still like an LE.

Seems to be a huge part of the gameplay, so I'd say you might wanna try it before committing.

#3370 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Seems to be a huge part of the gameplay, so I'd say you might wanna try it before committing.

I can say definitively I do not like upper or lower play fields with 2 flippers, especially full sized. Dwight talking about varying the power to one flipper sounds immensely more enjoyable to me.

That said I think it’s great there are options and different games with different mechanics. Something for everyone.

#3371 2 years ago

**Serious Question**
I spotted this object on the playfield.
Are they Electrobinoculars or macrobinoculars from the Star Wats Universe or something else?
3C9D632F-2DE0-4384-9AFE-69D76A075F00 (resized).jpeg3C9D632F-2DE0-4384-9AFE-69D76A075F00 (resized).jpeg

#3372 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

**Serious Question**
Are they Electrobinoculars or macrobinoculars from the Star Wats Universe or something else?
[quoted image]

Looks like a lamp socket to me.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3373 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

**Serious Question**
[quoted image]

Bounty tracking FOB

#3374 2 years ago

Dwight mentions in the podcast about being apart of the “Church of Star Wars.” What’s that about?

#3375 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Bounty Hunter tracking fob used to locate targets. First episode first scene, check Mando's hand...

#3376 2 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Bounty tracking FOB

Totally. That’s it. I was confused with the pucks.

#3377 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Dwight mentions in the podcast about being apart of the “Church of Star Wars.”

Hmmm... https://www.churchofjediism.org.uk/

#3378 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Since I didn't get an LE, maybe I'll overcompensate and buy a Pro instead! Looks pretty good, and only $6k. .

looks pretty good but the Pro price is Sheet and i hate Sheet !!

Capturedd (resized).PNGCapturedd (resized).PNGCaptureo (resized).PNGCaptureo (resized).PNG
#3379 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

In Dwight's Super Awesome Pinball show interview, he talked about using different steepness positions at different times during gameplay. I think that's a very cool innovation. Wonder how steep it can go before the ball falls off after a couple fast hits.
He also said for the no-rotating pro version, he was going to simulate the levels of steepness by chanigng flipper power. For example, lower flipper power could give a similar effect as a steeper mini playfield position. Will be interesting to see what that ends up playing like.

That is very interesting. That mini-pf is definitely something I need to play before deciding what model I want. Honestly it looks more fun with only one flipper, but tilting is a heck of a trick. Varying flipper power makes that an even more interesting trade-off. Of course there is still the matter of that scoop ramp being a pretty big prem/LE add...

#3380 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I was really curious just how steep it gets and I believe he said 65 degrees, that's pretty steep. Plus it can also go less steep than the normal playfield which could make for some interesting gameplay. For the Pro, youd think a weaker flipper would actually make it easier to keep the ball alive, no?

#3381 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

My zoomer kids completely missed the Star Wars window. To them its just the Dad area of Disneyland. They are 18 and 20, too young for the prequals and old enough to compare the latest trilogy to the MCU and that didn't go well.

That's your failure as a parent to not have educated them on great culture

My 18yr old has seen all the great 80s films/series.

#3382 2 years ago

We're big fans of the theme so I'm looking into getting one. Recommendations for or against any distributor? Feel free to message me directly if you'd rather not post here

Located in southern NJ and free shipping to a residence would be a plus

#3383 2 years ago

why did they use mandos face for the playfield? Wouldn't have made more sense, if it's going to raise vertical, to make it a ship instead? Seems like it would fit better. and the fact that Baby yoda doesn't have a magnet to grab the ball is a huge missed opportunity.

#3384 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I'm pretty sure there is a clear plastic cover over the whole rotating PF, so it can only exit via the drain. You can tell on some of the close-up images.

On the podcast mentioned above I believe Dwight casually mentioned the max pitch - seems like he said 60 or 65 degrees or so, but I may be mistaken.

#3385 2 years ago

When will they start selling the accessories?

#3386 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

That's your failure as a parent to not have educated them on great culture
My 18yr old has seen all the great 80s films/series.

My kids have seen all that stuff but Star Wars they just suffer it as Dad movie, it doesn't resonate with them. We watch Die Hard at Christmas every year but I could never get them to sit through a Star Wars. Marvel, Harry Potter, Disney, even Pokemon but Star Wars, no chance.

#3387 2 years ago

Image of the upper with the clear cover "clearly" visible. Taken from TWP's article:

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/stern-announces-the-mandalorian-pinball-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/

Mandalorian-LE-Details-Ambient-14-1536x1024 (resized).jpgMandalorian-LE-Details-Ambient-14-1536x1024 (resized).jpg
#3388 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

My kids have seen all that stuff but Star Wars they just suffer it as Dad movie, it doesn't resonate with them. We watch Die Hard at Christmas every year but I could never get them to sit through a Star Wars. Marvel, Harry Potter, Disney, even Pokemon but Star Wars, no chance.

Crazy glue their knickers they will sit through it

#3389 2 years ago
Quoted from Tiki-Ed:

When will they start selling the accessories?

And how do you buy them? I’m still digesting the suggestion made earlier in this thread that the side rails are going to be limited in some manner and you may have to buy them through scalpers. I simply refuse to believe that will be the case on side rails that some could simply scan and fabricate on their own...

#3390 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

You have no geeks if you haven't exposed them to Indiana Jones trilogy, BTTF trilogy, Goonies, Gremlins, Top Gun, etc.

#3391 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I'm pretty sure there is a clear plastic cover over the whole rotating PF, so it can only exit via the drain. You can tell on some of the close-up images.
On the podcast mentioned above I believe Dwight casually mentioned the max pitch - seems like he said 60 or 65 degrees or so, but I may be mistaken.

It better have a cover or there will be a lot of broken shit!

#3392 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You have no geeks if you haven't exposed them to Indiana Jones trilogy, BTTF trilogy, Goonies, Gremlins, Top Gun, etc.

I think my kids have watched more Star Wars stuff then I have ever with Disney+ now. They watch the entire movie series in order pretty often. My older 10yr old loves BTTF, Goonies, and Indy but also been on a Predator, Terminator, Matrix, John Wick kick recently. Almost all the themes that they love to watch come from Fortnite releasing character packs. Whats old is new again I guess to the point i felt like i was watching one of there shows when I checked out Mando.

#3393 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You can lead a horse to water... they just have their own stuff. Anyone watch Eurphoria my kids gave me grief for being to old for it. Then Cassie roles out for Halloween as Alabama Worley and I talked a lot of shit about the 90's, True Romance and real movies. These little zoomers trying to rip off Gen X.

#3394 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I think it's more like a Clint Eastwood spaghetti western meets Star Wars, than anything from the 80's.

So 70s Eastwood flicks plus 70s/80s StarWars dont equal 80s feel?

#3395 2 years ago

John Wick for a ten year old???

#3396 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

John Wick for a ten year old???

This is America. Violence is fine as long as there is no naughty language or sex.

#3397 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Thanks playground nerd

Edit: Hahaha. Pinside moderators are power tripping again. Just calling out the irony in this statement. I love how the moderatfeedback link goes nowhere. Wouldnt want to get any criticism i guess. Ridiculously funny shit

#3398 2 years ago

I’m calling it now. This game is going to be freaking bad ass!!

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just listened to that podcast. Great listen. Excited that the upper playfield is used for other modes other than encounters. Loved the stuff he was talking about especially how they will set it up for multiball on the upper playfield.

Yep. Super excited on this game especially after hearing Dwight. Breadth, speed, and progression is dwights best coding aspects (GOT & SW). If you guys want marathon games, get Lyman and Keefer games. But Dwight knows how to code breadth.

I honestly believe It was the vocal minority that shit on his genius GOT/SW rule set that made munsters and TMNT what they are today - i.e. simple and straightforward. Glad to hear he’s going back to his unorthodox way, which to me are some of the best rules in pinball.

#3399 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

This is America. Violence is fine as long as there is no naughty language or sex.

Fair enough.

#3400 2 years ago

It was a joke

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Thanks playground nerd

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,900 (Firm)
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 19.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/68?hl=flyfalcons and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.