(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 153.
#3301 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Exactly. Some people can't stand reading any criticism about a game they plan on owning or already own. Criticism is fair game in general threads.
I've noticed a new type of "comeback" against any game criticism lately and its "This is pinball, it's fun, who cares what the toys and features are" or "Just be happy pinball is still around"...Good grief, sounds like an excuse for there not being a lot in a game or a lack of thought being put into mechs / features. When new pins cost $6k-$9k+ and for a majority represent a decent chunk of yearly income everyone should expect some critical comments regardless of the title.

This is true, but I vaguely remember you blasting anyone who dared criticize WOZ when it came out years ago.

#3302 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

This is true, but I vaguely remember you blasting anyone who dared criticize WOZ when it came out years ago.

Yeah, you're right, after a while I did as the threads back then about the game became so toxic. WOZ is the reason that we have clubs threads today. A few people back then relentlessly bashed the game and no one could have a civil discussion about.

The WOZ club thread to this day has a warning from a mod, who created it, as the first post about the thread being a club thread and not for bashing. Ever since then new games now get a club thread where owners and potential owners can discuss the game in peace lol.

#3303 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Nah, home collection
[quoted image]

My first thought was that those toppers cost as much as another game. Id have sold them/not bought them for another nib game in my collection. Whatever makes you happiest though.

#3304 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Some people can't stand reading any criticism about a game they plan on owning or already own.

I think I'm the most critical of games I own or have owned. And that is for one simple reason, I know them thoroughly and have thought a lot about what works and what doesn't. I've probably also thought alot about tweaks and changes that would fix "issues" I have with the game.

With that being said, I definitely judge games when they're revealed, but I generally have a "wait and see once I actually play it" mentality. That's what I don't understand about people passionately bashing a game or an element of a game upon reveal.

#3305 2 years ago

They’re not cheap but I have a game in every space I have room for (5 on the other side of the room) and they make me happy.
Plus, the AIQ, TRON, DP, GOTG, BKSOR all were bought used including the toppers (at low prices compared to now).
I guess I’ve only purchased STh, Turtles and LZ toppers and they were at least at MSRP. The topper game is getting silly.
My point though was Mando has as much of not more going on than all my games aside from TSPP, STTNG and POTC.
The complaints that it needs more seem silly by comparison.
I am in the crowd that thinks Baby Yoda should move though.

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

My first thought was that those toppers cost as much as another game. Id have sold them/not bought them for another nib game in my collection. Whatever makes you happiest though.

#3306 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Wait...the side rails for the premium are limited and are not going to be generally available? That’s crazy, I can do without the rails...I’m not going to get caught up in the FOMO for freaking side rails...that is simply jumping the shark.

I sense a disturbance in the aftermarket force...

#3307 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Nah, home collection
[quoted image]

NashtyFunks decision tree:

Do I buy the new Stern pinball machine?

Yes

or

Yes

No shade. Just jelly. Way cool.

#3308 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

WOZ is the reason that we have clubs threads today. A few people back then relentlessly bashed the game and no one could have a civil discussion about.
The WOZ club thread to this day has a warning from a mod, who created it, as the first post about the thread being a club thread and not for bashing. Ever since then new games now get a club thread where owners and potential owners can discuss the game in peace lol.

This is 100% correct. The animosity against JJP and WOZ was so great right before and during the green run that something had to be done. People couldn’t ask even a basic question about game play without the thread totally de-railing. Our club thread rules have evolved significantly over time - separating the club threads from the hype threads, requiring a production game to have been delivered to a customer, converting the regional threads and some other hobby threads into club threads, etc - but WOZ was the first of the club threads.

Quoted from LORDDREK:

I sense a disturbance in the aftermarket force...

So, back to this issue of Stern potentially making the mods like the rails and the shooter “limited” and those selling out...yea, that is rank absurdity. I understand they did that with the toppers...but the side rails too? The toppers at least interact with the code of the game.

There are over a hundred people on pinside that could fabricate some nice side rails...probably nicer than these. Has it been confirmed that Stern plans to treat these like the toppers and not run enough to satiate demand?

Is Stern going to sell these things direct?

#3309 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

SDTM The Mandalorian Pinball FIRST LOOK & FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Omg, Dream team - lol (kidding right?)

Such a one eyed hype train - Enough I get it, you sell Stern pinball machines!
Give me a break.

#3310 2 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Omg, Dream team - lol (kidding right?)
Such a one eyed hype train - Enough I get it, you sell Stern pinball machines!
Give me a break.

Without Lyman involved, you can’t call any team a dream team. No disrespect meant to the other coders at Stern...but it is Lyman and then everyone else...and it’s not close.

No Lyman, no dream team...no matter who else is involved. Doesn’t mean we can’t be enthusiastic about the game and excited.

#3311 2 years ago

Hey im excited about dwight doing an eddy game too. I like dwight code for the most part and I like B Eddy games. So why not be excited. Its ok to get excited about stuff and not shit on it until after youve played it. Lets be excited, mando looks cool

#3312 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Without Lyman involved, you can’t call any team a dream team. No disrespect meant to the other coders at Stern...but it is Lyman and then everyone else...and it’s not close.
No Lyman, no dream team...no matter who else is involved.

What is Lyman working on these days? Is he on Godzilla?

#3313 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Without Lyman involved, you can’t call any team a dream team.

Huh? Why can’t you? For instance, mine is Ritchie/Dwight.

#3314 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Apparently, Lyman is on Rush.

#3315 2 years ago

All you Pinsiders that want this Mando piball machine are so........

SMART!!

#3316 2 years ago

Now back to my Addams to try and beat my kids high score.

#3317 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

No Lyman, no dream team...no matter who else is involved. Doesn’t mean we can’t be enthusiastic about the game and excited.

I listened to Dwight on the podcast, this game is going to be coded a lot like GOT....so it depends on how your take was on that game.

#3318 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

My guess is another Kapow licensed game with that being Back to the Future.

#3319 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I listened to Dwight on the podcast, this game is going to be coded a lot like GOT....so it depends on how your take was on that game.

Don’t really see that , for example how the houses worked .

#3320 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Huh? Why can’t you? For instance, mine is Ritchie/Dwight.

Well, it’s all subjective of course and GOT is certainly a good game... Lyman has coded more of what are generally considered masterpieces than any other coder (likely all other modern coders combined, frankly)...I don’t think anyone can reasonably deny that. Keith would be in second place.

#3321 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Yes, completely agree. See the comment above mine from SLCPunk explaing just that.
But the pop ups might be fun

You collect moneyz, to buy stuff.

#3322 2 years ago

All a matter of opinion

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Well, it’s all subjective of course and GOT is certainly a good game... Lyman has coded more of what are generally considered masterpieces than any other coder (likely all other modern coders combined, frankly)...I don’t think anyone can reasonably deny that. Keith would be in second place.

all a matter of opinion!

#3323 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:Apparently, Lyman is on Rush.

Dream team, nightmare licence.

I better start trying to convince myself to put up with Rush because Ill be buying this game with Borg/Lyman regardless of theme.

#3324 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, you're right, after a while I did as the threads back then about the game became so toxic. WOZ is the reason that we have clubs threads today. A few people back then relentlessly bashed the game and no one could have a civil discussion about.

Hard to imagine JJP’s #1 cheerleader bashing anything JJP puts out. Lol

#3325 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Dream team, nightmare licence.
I better start trying to convince myself to put up with Rush because Ill be buying this game with Borg/Lyman regardless of theme.

Anyone taking odds yet on this game not having monotargets?

#3326 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Nah, home collection
[quoted image]

FavorableInsecureFiddlercrab-size_restricted.gifFavorableInsecureFiddlercrab-size_restricted.gif
#3327 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Typical Eddy layout in my opinion. Lots of orbit type shots, really fast gameplay and a blast to shoot.
Stranger things is like this and it is my actual favorite pin. Really fun! All shots are mid pf and not all return to the flippers as quick as in mando.
I can tell mando is going to be a lot of fun to shoot!
I am excited to see some gameplay.

I really like ST .I wasnt bashing the game at all .I just got to a point where I want to play it first and can’t wait to .Just wasn’t ready to jump yet .

#3328 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Dwight Sullivan says that he, Lyman and Keith Johnson all worked coding Revenge From Mars. That was a coding dream team. Gomez led it and Eddy worked on it as well:

Listen at 42:30:

https://superawesomepinballshow.libsyn.com/the-super-awesome-pinball-show-ep-26-mandalorian

#3329 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Exactly. Some people can't stand reading any criticism about a game they plan on owning or already own. Criticism is fair game in general threads.
I've noticed a new type of "comeback" against any game criticism lately and its "This is pinball, it's fun, who cares what the toys and features are" or "Just be happy pinball is still around"...Good grief, sounds like an excuse for there not being a lot in a game or a lack of thought being put into mechs / features. When new pins cost $6k-$9k+ and for a majority represent a decent chunk of yearly income everyone should expect some critical comments regardless of the title.

It does depend on the title, the thread to a point, and also how much flak a game is getting. Take the holier than thou stranger things owners thread as an example. See how far you get being critical in that thread, particularly back when it was a fresh release.

#3330 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Keith is up there with Lyman these days - design and code.

#3331 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

If you like a thousand multiballs and chopping wood for four hours.

#3332 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

If you like a thousand multiballs and chopping wood for four hours.

You must be talking about GNR, POTC and Hobbit. I earned my “Ultimate Lumber Jack” player award on all 3 of those machines. Lol (Heck, even the Boy Scouts said I qualified for wood chopping merit badge too.)

#3333 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Keith Elwin, yeah he is close, but no one is up there with Lyman. He’s coded games to no one’s equal.

#3334 2 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I was wondering if anyone else thinks that while the game does look sweet that Stern jumped the gun and made this a season or two too soon. I kind of feel that way about Stranger Things, since season 3 was so awesome. They could have done so much with the Starcourt Mall, for example. I feel like a lot of good shows are only getting their stride by season 2. Can you imagine a theoretical Breaking Bad pin coming out after only season 2?! I said in a previous post that it just doesn't feel like a ton has happened yet in The Mandalorian. While that might have been a bit hyperbolic, I think that we'll be missing out on some cool stuff that will happen in future seasons.

Just be thankful it's a contemporary theme. I'm not a mando fan, but I'm stoked that the theme isn't from the fucking 80s.

#3335 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Just be thankful it's a contemporary theme. I'm not a mando fan, but I'm stoked that the theme isn't from the fucking 80s.

Well it kinda is, I only watched the first season but it felt like an homage to 80's TV. Mando, Stranger Things, that just leaves Ready Player One. I'm surprised Stern didn't jump on that license.

#3336 2 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

Would it? It has kept a bunch here speculating endlessly about it for several days. Seems like peak marketing to me.

Sure a lot of peop

Quoted from jimwe5t:

You must be talking about GNR, POTC and Hobbit. I earned my “Ultimate Lumber Jack” player award on all 3 of those machines. Lol (Heck, even the Boy Scouts said I qualified for wood chopping merit badge too.)

[Comment removed]

#3337 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Well it kinda is, I only watched the first season but it felt like an homage to 80's TV. Mando, Stranger Things, that just leaves Ready Player One. I'm surprised Stern didn't jump on that license.

I think it's more like a Clint Eastwood spaghetti western meets Star Wars, than anything from the 80's.

#3338 2 years ago

Hmmm, considering that Lyman will never be on an Elwin game I’d say this is a patently false statement.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

#3339 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

NashtyFunk loves his toppers.... the NIB is coming anyways

#3340 2 years ago

Sooo...the mini playfield on prem and LE rotates too? That just sounds...annoying.

635C27C5-0D71-48CA-BCF9-4A5009B060B0 (resized).png635C27C5-0D71-48CA-BCF9-4A5009B060B0 (resized).png
#3341 2 years ago
Quoted from Elfman:

NashtyFunks decision tree:
Do I buy the new Stern pinball machine?
Yes
or
Yes
No shade. Just jelly. Way cool.

This is the way, or just the way it this's.... something something, YES!

#3342 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Sooo...the mini playfield on prem and LE rotates too? That just sounds...annoying.
[quoted image]

I think by rotating they mean up and down..which we already know.

#3343 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Probably because “Tilting” has already been used in pinball terminology...

#3344 2 years ago

Hmmm, looks like Stern thinks it rotates too.

Quoted from Zablon:

E65B2044-20D3-4B2A-A0BD-25DB20DF726B (resized).pngE65B2044-20D3-4B2A-A0BD-25DB20DF726B (resized).png
#3345 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I think it's more like a Clint Eastwood spaghetti western meets Star Wars, than anything from the 80's.

Ok lets go with the 60's, my point was only that it doesn't really count as new or modern. Mandalorian is going after the adorable market in toy sales but its still basically a Dad or Grandpa rock theme.

#3346 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Hmmm, looks like Stern thinks it rotates too.
[quoted image]

Yeah, it rotates up and down. It showed it in the videos. It does different levels of 'rotation' to simulate different gravities (difficulty). I mean, if it 'spins' too, that'd be cool, but highly unlikely.

Stern also said the doll moves and controls the ball..so I mean....

#3347 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

There are plenty of homages to old samurai flicks in the Mandalorian series as well

#3348 2 years ago

That is ‘rocking’ not ‘Rotation’ dude, c’mon.
I know you know the difference. True about the doll...I just figure Stern should cut the ish with the borderline false advertising.

Quoted from Zablon:

Yeah, it rotates up and down. It showed it in the videos. It does different levels of 'rotation' to simulate different gravities (difficulty). I mean, if it 'spins' too, that'd be cool, but highly unlikely.
Stern also said the doll moves and controls the ball..so I mean....

F3A54E4A-F2DC-47C0-A60C-04C902A32FE3 (resized).jpegF3A54E4A-F2DC-47C0-A60C-04C902A32FE3 (resized).jpeg
#3349 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

That is ‘rocking’ not ‘Rotation’ dude, c’mon.
I know you know the difference.

I sure do, but I'm not so sure the marketing department does.

#3350 2 years ago

How much you wanna bet that their entire marketing department are unpaid interns? hahaha. There’s gotta be a reason it’s so bad. I mean, I would intentionally do a shit job for $0 an hour.

Quoted from Zablon:

I sure do, but I'm not so sure the marketing department does.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Marshville, NC
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 22.95
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Neenah, WI
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/67?hl=mrawesome44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.