(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 153.
#3251 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

It would have been cool if they had placed a row of pop ups like the Gargoyles in Elvira along the top of the mini playfield.
Make them missle bullets or whatever they're called coming from his head. Or those little sand pirates on a stick.
You'd probably break them in short order on the two flipper playfield but that would make a spectacular effect.
Stationary targets serve their pourpose but action such as drop targets are way more satisfying.

Not too sure drops would even work in that oval shape, without designing a whole new mech.

I think it's fine the way it is, but it is some "blatant" theme Integration:
"Look, heres Baby Yoda and there is Mados helmet!" - While something else would have made for a way more logical playfield then his head.

#3252 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Not too sure drops would even work in that oval shape, without designing a whole new mech..

Yes, completely agree. See the comment above mine from SLCPunk explaing just that.

But the pop ups might be fun

#3253 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think we need to wait for gameplay for any more hype to be generated. With that being said there's a lot of people that are underwhelmed with what is in, and or lack of, the premium and pro. There's also a lot of people still in but it's not at the levels of previous releases.
Hell I showed my wife the premium trailer of the game this morning and even she said "They could have done a lot more" and "It's unfortunate that Baby Yoda and the Mandalorian both don't do more", the last comment referring to the mini playfield.
Stern needs to go over the top with code or risk having this game sink like Munsters. Personally I think they won't make that mistake again and are going to deliver one hell of a ruleset.

Mando is a packed machine. With plenty of shots and interactive items. Some people just might be hard to please.

#3254 2 years ago

I work a lot and when I get home I’ll have time for a few games maybe 4-5 nights a week .I wish I had more but that’s where I am right now .I would call this a casual player and to casual players this is a whole lotta “face palms” dead smack in the middle of the playfield right next to the 7 main shits in the game .Literally everything is mid PF.There no depth with shots .I wanted to order sight unseen and I’m glad I didn’t as I need to play it first to see if it’s for me n my boys .Looks great but we’ll see next week how it shoots but even then that’s top players streaming so on this one I need to flip it first .

43530F2C-23A3-471B-AB5D-AC3FE66E2FA1 (resized).png43530F2C-23A3-471B-AB5D-AC3FE66E2FA1 (resized).png
#3255 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

7 main shits in the game

? lol That gave me a good laugh, I know ya meant 7 shots.

#3256 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

? lol That gave me a good laugh, I know ya meant 7 shots.

Yeah saw that .For me playing might as well call them shits

#3257 2 years ago

Please don’t get me wrong I’m really glad for the people that ordered.I wanted to be one of them but I might be graduating to the next level if that makes sense .When I got in this hobby I wanted every pin that was announced .I’m sure you all know the feeling .

#3258 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Do yourself a favour and go and listen to Brian on the Super Awesome Pinball podcast. They obviously didn't just thrown stuff in there, what an ignorant comment.

“Obviously”? Who f’ing says obviously anymore? Yeah, your comment scored 100% on the Pritchard scale. How amazingly brilliant! “Go watch a podcast”.. so some nut jobs with a video recording device know anything? Okay.. it’s a giant Grogu, a tilting head, and nothing else new in the last 15 years of pinball innovation. Several podcasts complained LZ was too open and no toys- horrendously wrong. Now, you have the next Stern that has a giant doll. Why is it there precious?

#3259 2 years ago

Pinsiders ruin another thread with negativity. I'll see y'all in the club thread! It's pinball.....

#3260 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Pinsiders ruin another thread with negativity. I'll see y'all in the club thread! It's pinball.....

Yep, this is the primary reason why we don’t allow club threads before a game ships any longer...the wild vacillation between unbridled optimism and rank negativity runs amok until the games begin to be delivered.

#3261 2 years ago

I played 5 sterns today that had less going on with the playfield and mechs than Mando.
They were all a blast to shoot.
I’m not real sure what everyone was expecting, but this thing is pretty packed.
I’m going to exclusively play LZ till June just so I know what am empty playfield and lack of integration really looks like.

#3262 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I work a lot and when I get home I’ll have time for a few games maybe 4-5 nights a week .I wish I had more but that’s where I am right now .I would call this a casual player and to casual players this is a whole lotta “face palms” dead smack in the middle of the playfield right next to the 7 main shits in the game .Literally everything is mid PF.There no depth with shots .I wanted to order sight unseen and I’m glad I didn’t as I need to play it first to see if it’s for me n my boys .Looks great but we’ll see next week how it shoots but even then that’s top players streaming so on this one I need to flip it first .
[quoted image]

I’m concerned with the roll over area below baby Yoda, often times roll overs are just a chore to complete not something super exciting that seems to take up a good portion of the game.

#3263 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

It is only a few negative Pinsiders posting the same shit over and over. Learn to use the ignore function and your experience on Pinsidd will be much better.

#3264 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

It is only a few negative Pinsiders posting the same shit over and over. Learn to use the ignore function and your experience on Pinsidd will be much better.

Yeah, but fanboys that never want to criticize any game they own (or plan on owning) are equally annoying!

Both ends of the spectrum are kind of ludicrous before a single game is even played!

I remember thinking TRON was "cheap" and barren when it was first released (and I wasn't the only one). Ended up being one of my favorite games of all-time...currently own 2 I like it so much

#3265 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Yeah, but fanboys that never want to criticize any game they own (or plan on owning) are equally annoying!
Both ends of the spectrum are kind of ludicrous before a single game is even played!
I remember thinking TRON was "cheap" and barren when it was first released (and I wasn't the only one). Ended up being one of my favorite games of all-time...currently own 2 I like it so much

Give me one of them!

#3266 2 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Now, who wants to bet that someone is going to show up at the reveal playing the pin wearing a Mandalorian helmet?

Sounds like a good idea

2DEB8D31-0B8E-40AB-A358-7DEE8D414AF6 (resized).jpeg2DEB8D31-0B8E-40AB-A358-7DEE8D414AF6 (resized).jpeg
#3267 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I find that the posts that complain about threads not being an echo chamber ruin them a lot more.

#3268 2 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I had an LE in hand, but decided to pass after seeing initial layout, art, etc. Still might be in for a Premium, sitting on the fence until there is some gameplay shown so can get an idea of video and audio assets, rules, flow, etc.. My guess is a lot of people are in the same boat.

Hey Paul, you can try my LE when I get it or the pro when it gets here.

#3269 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

[quoted image]

Typical Eddy layout in my opinion. Lots of orbit type shots, really fast gameplay and a blast to shoot.

Stranger things is like this and it is my actual favorite pin. Really fun! All shots are mid pf and not all return to the flippers as quick as in mando.

I can tell mando is going to be a lot of fun to shoot!
I am excited to see some gameplay.

#3270 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Snow flakes eventually melt...

Hate speech or hating any game is not me and never will be. Just move along and find what you enjoy. Life is good.

If you want to be a fan boy.. good for you.. if you want to be a hater. Good for you.. if you want to be annoyed, good for you too. You can use the ignore function to taylor the pinside experience for yourself and what you like, hate or makes you annoyed.

#3271 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Yeah...thanks for coming to rescue, did the check from Stern clear ok counselor?

it’s more about Stern’s sponsorship of Levi’s tournament than actual cash in his pocket. So I understand Levi defending Stern pins against the much warranted criticisms. Still, fellatio on its own is sufficient to keep the sponsorship. No need to chortle the balls.

#3272 2 years ago

Has anyone heard about when they are going to stream Mando pinball play?

#3273 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Has anyone heard about when they are going to stream Mando pinball play?

Friday 21st, 6pm cst. Deadflip. He’s so annoying but I guess that’s who sterns uses

#3274 2 years ago

Do you know if there is a video mode ? Mandalorian with flame thrower could be great

#3275 2 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I had an LE in hand, but decided to pass after seeing initial layout, art, etc. Still might be in for a Premium, sitting on the fence until there is some gameplay shown so can get an idea of video and audio assets, rules, flow, etc.. My guess is a lot of people are in the same boat.

Same here, but after seeing those rifle side rails, I’m even happier to wait for a premium if the game looks good after gameplay.

Those side rails are possibly the best I’ve seen from Stern in a long time, they look awesome!

#3276 2 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

I feel like if those mini playfields had drop targets it’d be a game changer!

Knock them all down and the playfield tilts to access a new shot would have been pretty unique and special.

#3277 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Knock them all down and the playfield tilts to access a new shot would have been pretty unique and special.

drop targets in an U-shape are not easy to do.
aloso drop targets under that moving miniplayfield is almost imposible

#3278 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I remember thinking TRON was "cheap" and barren when it was first released (and I wasn't the only one).

Iron Man. People lost their minds.

#3279 2 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Iron Man. People lost their minds.

Yup, they were brutal when IM was released.
- Stern is cutting costs and being cheap.
- This is a rehashed playfield layout
- Where is the rest of it? There is nothing on there.

I played it and loved it. Bought one in 2011 and I still have it. Such a fun game.

#3280 2 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Friday 21st, 6pm cst. Deadflip. He’s so annoying but I guess that’s who sterns uses

Yup. They need to clean up the foul language in their streams. every other word is an f bomb

#3281 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

every other word is an f bomb

Or, ya know, not really.

#3282 2 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Fortunately there are lots of folks streaming pinball, so when one makes my skin crawl, I can jump to another.

You can assume about the same time as the Stern release stream, the VIP locations will be getting the first run of pros an I can find a fun stream that suits my taste.

#3283 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

Yup, they were brutal when IM was released.
- Stern is cutting costs and being cheap.
- This is a rehashed playfield layout
- Where is the rest of it? There is nothing on there.
I played it and loved it. Bought one in 2011 and I still have it. Such a fun game.

The funny thing is Iron Man has a lot of features compared to many games today. There are more things in Iron Man than in my TMNT pro.

Quoted from J85M:

Same here, but after seeing those rifle side rails, I’m even happier to wait for a premium if the game looks good after gameplay.
Those side rails are possibly the best I’ve seen from Stern in a long time, they look awesome!

I’m with you, those side rails look incredible. Anyone know what Stern is going to charge for them?

#3284 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I played 5 sterns today that had less going on with the playfield and mechs than Mando.
They were all a blast to shoot.
I’m not real sure what everyone was expecting, but this thing is pretty packed.
I’m going to exclusively play LZ till June just so I know what am empty playfield and lack of integration really looks like.

Are you playing over at Bishop's Cidercade?

#3285 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The funny thing is Iron Man has a lot of features compared to many games today. There are more things in Iron Man than in my TMNT pro.

I’m with you, those side rails look incredible. Anyone know what Stern is going to charge for them?

It's not what Stern will charge, but what the flippers that buy out the supply, sit on them for months, then slowly start reselling them will charge.

PS I think the Premium art package with those rifles is my favorite look for this game. Love the desert color theme over the Beskar.

#3286 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

That's a really cool idea. If drops would have been impossible all around, you could have kept them everywhere but one in the middle. Having the playfield raise to a shot/ramp through the back of the playfield or something like that would have been awesome.

#3287 2 years ago

Does anyone know if the rifle on the accessory siderails is 3 dimensional or simply a piece of one dimensional artwork?

#3288 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Does anyone know if the rifle on the accessory siderails is 3 dimensional or simply a piece of one dimensional artwork?

I would say a flat metal piece. That’s what they normally do for the other side armors.

#3289 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think they’ve been $250 but Stern is always one release away from raising the price on anything.

#3290 2 years ago

So any chance of getting an le from a distributor at this point? Friend just saw this and is a huge fan. Or are le's all sold out?

If not any tips on a distributor with some left? Pm if you don't want share publicly.

Otherwise I'm just going to give him a list of distributors to call one by one.

#3291 2 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

So any chance of getting an le from a distributor at this point? Friend just saw this and is a huge fan. Or are le's all sold out?
If not any tips on a distributor with some left? Pm if you don't want share publicly.

Sure is, just have them give them their credit card number and tell them to charge whatever they want. That's pretty much how it is going right now.

#3292 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

If they are 3-D Stern is doing a fantastic job of hiding it...

#3293 2 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I would say a flat metal piece. That’s what they normally do for the other side armors.

Quoted from LORDDREK:

If they are 3-D Stern is doing a fantastic job of hiding it...

Yep, that is what I think too. Oh well, one can always hope. Thanks.

#3294 2 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:So any chance of getting an le from a distributor at this point? Friend just saw this and is a huge fan. Or are le's all sold out?

Place a wanted add with what he is willing to pay
Cuts out the BUZlL shitZ

#3295 2 years ago

Nah, home collection

Quoted from jellikit:

Are you playing over at Bishop's Cidercade?

F4E077F3-CD25-4119-831E-21E9611AF29C (resized).jpegF4E077F3-CD25-4119-831E-21E9611AF29C (resized).jpeg
#3296 2 years ago

I was wondering if anyone else thinks that while the game does look sweet that Stern jumped the gun and made this a season or two too soon. I kind of feel that way about Stranger Things, since season 3 was so awesome. They could have done so much with the Starcourt Mall, for example. I feel like a lot of good shows are only getting their stride by season 2. Can you imagine a theoretical Breaking Bad pin coming out after only season 2?! I said in a previous post that it just doesn't feel like a ton has happened yet in The Mandalorian. While that might have been a bit hyperbolic, I think that we'll be missing out on some cool stuff that will happen in future seasons.

#3297 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

It's not what Stern will charge, but what the flippers that buy out the supply, sit on them for months, then slowly start reselling them will charge.
PS I think the Premium art package with those rifles is my favorite look for this game. Love the desert color theme over the Beskar.

Wait...the side rails for the premium are limited and are not going to be generally available? That’s crazy, I can do without the rails...I’m not going to get caught up in the FOMO for freaking side rails...that is simply jumping the shark.

#3298 2 years ago

SDTM The Mandalorian Pinball FIRST LOOK & FIRST IMPRESSIONS

#3299 2 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I was wondering if anyone else thinks that while the game does look sweet that Stern jumped the gun and made this a season or two too soon. I kind of feel that way about Stranger Things, since season 3 was so awesome. They could have done so much with the Starcourt Mall, for example. I feel like a lot of good shows are only getting their stride by season 2. Can you imagine a theoretical Breaking Bad pin coming out after only season 2?! I said in a previous post that it just doesn't feel like a ton has happened yet in The Mandalorian. While that might have been a bit hyperbolic, I think that we'll be missing out on some cool stuff that will happen in future seasons.

Yeah, but season 3 is going to be a completely direction plot wise. I believe they even said he wouldn't actually be in it that much as it was going to focus on one of the other characters. So many shows good or not never make it to season 2 let alone 3.

#3300 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I find that the posts that complain about threads not being an echo chamber ruin them a lot more.

Exactly. Some people can't stand reading any criticism about a game they plan on owning or already own. Criticism is fair game in general threads.

I've noticed a new type of "comeback" against any game criticism lately and its "This is pinball, it's fun, who cares what the toys and features are" or "Just be happy pinball is still around"...Good grief, sounds like an excuse for there not being a lot in a game or a lack of thought being put into mechs / features. When new pins cost $6k-$9k+ and for a majority represent a decent chunk of yearly income everyone should expect some critical comments regardless of the title.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 22.95
9,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/66?hl=breger1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.