(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 hours ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 153.
#3151 2 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Ppl went nuts...
.... because there was little nothing to get excited about.
Youtubers like, 'A pinball podcast' marvloco are damn near in tears cradling themselves on this game.
Its been a tough year but this is getting embarrassing.
[quoted image]

Here's some context on that reaction since you're pointing this out publicly.

My father and I were close when I was growing up. A big thing that we shared was Star Wars. Over a decade ago I had to physically carry him into the ER at a hospital. Within a few days he contracted sepsis and I watched his health and body take an even more horrible downturn. I ended up having to inform him that the doctors couldn't do anything for him and he was going to die. We had a conversation that night about everything knowing he wasn't going to make it past the next 24 hours. The next morning I stood by his bedside as he took his last breath.

Fast forward to the big reason why I play pinball and do content for pinball. It's to cope with that type of trauma that I wouldn't wish on anyone. Now combine pinball and something that I shared with my deceased father, which is a love of Star Wars, all of those memories flooded back instantly.

So maybe for you, there's nothing to be excited about. And maybe for you, someone getting excited about something that you don't consider exciting is embarrassing. Fair enough, you do you, you're entitled to your opinions.

For me, I regret nothing and will never be embarrassed or ashamed for tearing up over emotions felt from remembering something I shared with my deceased father.

#3152 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Dude you clearly haven't owned as many pinball machines as he has, or you'd understand!!!!
Stop shilling for active, distracting flippers!
SHILL! SHILL!

Lol..It's well documented you became Stern's legal counsel here after they bankrolled your little tourney. Don't try to deflect it...just do your job

#3153 2 years ago

Yeah, Stern pays me to point out that flippers usually move.

Who pays you to say complain about flippers moving? What's the motivation? Is Vpin or some other anti-physical flipper outfit cutting you checks?!

IT'S A SHILL!!!

#3154 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah, Stern pays me to point out that flippers usually move.
IT'S A SHILL!!!

#3155 2 years ago

Well at least we know what Ballykiss has been doing those masks he's been refusing to wear! They make a hot pair of skivvies!

#3156 2 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

Here's some context on that reaction since you're pointing this out publicly.
My father and I were close when I was growing up. A big thing that we shared was Star Wars. Over a decade ago I had to physically carry him into the ER at a hospital. Within a few days he contracted sepsis and I watched his health and body take an even more horrible downturn. I ended up having to inform him that the doctors couldn't do anything for him and he was going to die. We had a conversation that night about everything knowing he wasn't going to make it past the next 24 hours. The next morning I stood by his bedside as he took his last breath.
Fast forward to the big reason why I play pinball and do content for pinball. It's to cope with that type of trauma that I wouldn't wish on anyone. Now combine pinball and something that I shared with my deceased father, which is a love of Star Wars, all of those memories flooded back instantly.
So maybe for you, there's nothing to be excited about. And maybe for you, someone getting excited about something that you don't consider exciting is embarrassing. Fair enough, you do you, you're entitled to your opinions.
For me, I regret nothing and will never be embarrassed or ashamed for tearing up over emotions felt from remembering something I shared with my deceased father.

Your Father raised a good man it seems. My Dad always said you can tell a lot about a guy by the way he treats his Father. RIP Dad 1/27/17 worst day of my life. Maybe this poster thought you were adding to the hype in prices. Who knows?

#3157 2 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Youtubers like, 'A pinball podcast' marvloco are damn near in tears cradling themselves on this game.

Boo! Boo this man!

#3158 2 years ago

Wow, generally speaking, Mando's release sure has created some noise, both here and outside of the pinball world. People have been passionate about this, both ways.

I've seen quite a lot of media outlets pick it up because it's Star Wars and it's got Disney, Hasbro, Pedro Pascal, 'baby Yoda'...

It's a huge market, whatever you end up feeling about Grogu moving or not (currently it's a sculpture, so it's not!) or that mini-playfield being distracting (it's a pinball, it's fine!)

Stern hit that one out of the ballpark, not only with the brand name and it's marketing value, but how it has resonated with people thus far.

#3159 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I hope it has rule changes like TMNT. That was a great idea. Maybe since everyone is Mando, stuff purchased from the foundry is shared amongst all players?

He covered this in one of the podcasts and it is shared ...

#3160 2 years ago

I just read this post in Alec Baldwins voice...

#3161 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Haha. Solid.

#3162 2 years ago

“You are a rude, thoughtless little pig! You don’t have the brains or the decency as a human being. … I don’t give a damn that you’re 46 years old, or 45 years old, or that you’re a noob, or that your flippers are a thoughtless pain in the ass that don't care about distracting experienced pinball players!!!! … Once again I have made an ass of myself trying to defend moving flippers. You have humiliated me for the last time with this shill accusation!!!”

#3163 2 years ago

The coffee is for closers....not shils. A B S

#3164 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

The coffee is for closers....not shils. A B S

Board certified in Cardio-Jurassic medicine

#3165 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Lol..It's well documented you became Stern's legal counsel here after they bankrolled your little tourney. Don't try to deflect it...just do your job

SMH...I can't believe people haven't connected the dots...

Levi and Tim Sexton are great friends. Tim gets hired at Stern... Levi now has a conduit to hear and see things from the other side of the aisle. He's not a shill, he is just someone that now has a heightened perspective from the other side. I'm sure they probably have some casual insights shared.. or he gets to hear their take on such things. So he gets perspective from people inside the company, even if they never share 'secrets'. With that understanding Levi easily jumps on people who speculate wildly without any real footing.

#3166 2 years ago

Sweet Jedi will the BS in this thread not stop? It's just a pinball machine for Grogu's sake. It's not going to cure cancer and it's not that interesting from my point of view, but reading this thread is like... well fuck, it's like every other thread on Pinside... just jabber on about the stupidest shit, we got nothing better to do it seems, except me, I am waiting to get a colonoscopy right now...

#3167 2 years ago

I'll just watching thinking?

Pro?
Premium?

Pro?
Premium?

Game sooner?
Game later?
Pro?
Premium?

Will I hate myself if I don't have scoop and tilting head?

#3168 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

just jabber on about the stupidest shit, we got nothing better to do it seems, except me, I am waiting to get a colonoscopy right now...

Next time go to the doctor to do that.

#3169 2 years ago

Well, that thread is done for.. and I haven't got the faintest idea what the last posts were about, frankly!

Screenshot_20210514-161555_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210514-161555_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#3170 2 years ago

IS CRAZILEVI A SHILL OR NOT!!!

#3171 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It always cracks me up when people think I'm angling for a job at Stern.

I'm dying to take a pay cut and lose my 7 weeks paid vacation just so I can move to a city I don't particularly like and come to hate everything about my favorite hobby. Sign me up!!!!

#3172 2 years ago

I'm shilling for colonoscopy and I am truly literally waiting for a doctor to give me a Cartman's Delight...

Quoted from Zablon:

#3173 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I'm shilling for colonoscopy and I am truly literally waiting for a doctor to give me a Cartman's Delight...

Still the funniest southpark episode ever.

#3174 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm dying to take a pay cut and lose my 7 weeks paid vacation just so I can move to a city I don't particularly like and come to hate everything about my favorite hobby. Sign me up!!!!

Yeah...here we go, "I don't know why people pick on me on here and call me shill" Maybe someone should look at your history of posts on Stern games to better understand why that moniker follows you around. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

#3175 2 years ago

I still don’t understand what I’m supposed to be Shilling for.

Flippers that move?

Last I checked stern doesn’t have a monopoly on that.

#3176 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I still don’t understand what I’m supposed to be Shilling for.
Flippers that move?
Last I checked stern doesn’t have a monopoly on that.

Yeah but they keep making the balls Round and I find it distracting! If the ball was square it would be Much more predictable!

#3177 2 years ago

This thread is slowly turning to the Dark Side..(Mando Premium - Dark Edition!)

Screenshot_20210514-165140_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210514-165140_Google (resized).jpg
#3178 2 years ago

Meanwhile..... I preordered a pro

#3179 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But this is the pinball Capitol of the world!!!

#3180 2 years ago
Quoted from Tiki-Ed:

Same. High five!

#3181 2 years ago

When is the game being show tonight?

#3182 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

It’s next Friday the 21st from what I heard

#3183 2 years ago
Quoted from Tiki-Ed:

Quoted from Jerickso77:

Same. High five!

So far from what I've seen, the Pro mini playfield with its single flipper is much more interesting that the premium/LE. The missing Grogu magnet is a non issue for me. And the price of the pro wouldn't cause a future father-in-law to melt down.

Still need more info but the Pro right now is looking like a smart play.

Congrats to both of you

#3184 2 years ago

Archie Bunker, talking to Gloria

"Just when I think I've heard the dumbest thing I've ever heard; you keep talking"

#3185 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I'll just watching thinking?
Pro?
Premium?
Pro?
Premium?
Game sooner?
Game later?
Pro?
Premium?
Will I hate myself if I don't have scoop and tilting head?

I had the same debate...mine ended with a premium ordered, because I don't want to hate myself.

#3186 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Quoted from Munsters:

Pretty sure my distributor is ethical but they just got less le’s comparing with le’s in the past. Ive heard other distributor got normal 15 le’s and only gets 9 mando le’s... So stern thinks like donald, usa first...

The problem is the games would have to be here asap, since in July the 25% extra import tax comes back (if they don‘t work anything out by then). So Stern and a lot of retailers are a bit f*****. Imagine they ship your game and it suddenly is 25% more expensive.

#3187 2 years ago

....who wants my LE? I can't have a Stern without a hot wheel in it.

#3188 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:....who wants my LE? I can't have a Stern without a hot wheel in it.

I will take it.

#3189 2 years ago

If you're not buying the LE, why not wait to play it?

#3190 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

The problem is the games would have to be here asap, since in July the 25% extra import tax comes back (if they don‘t work anything out by then). So Stern and a lot of retailers are a bit f*****. Imagine they ship your game and it suddenly is 25% more expensive.

I will pay 25% extra to get an mando le, you can arrange one for me?

#3191 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Quoted for truth. Please play all the "empty" Stern games for a while that you and others have hammered and you might begin to realize how little tons of toys matter to the amount of fun you can have playing the game.

Agreed! I have a lot of fun playing my EMs too.

#3192 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Woah woah woah now. Chicago is pretty sweet.

#3193 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Still the funniest southpark episode ever.

I Love To Sing-A
About The Moon-A And The June-A And The Spring-A,
I Love To Sing-A,
About A Sky Of Blue-A, Or A Tea For Two-A,
Anything-A With A Swing-A To An "I Love You-A, "
I Love To, I Love To Sing!

#3194 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

I will pay 25% extra to get an mando le, you can arrange one for me?

Fascinating. If ordering early enough, you could get the pro, 100 % of the fun but save 50 %?

I think the pro is really the bang for the buck here, with apparently some wireform mods coming
, pretty much same gameplay as an LE.. but i understand if die hard mando-series fans want a prem. Never understoodthe LEhype, though

#3195 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I Love To Sing-A

And also a 1936 Looney Tune cartoon...

#3196 2 years ago

For what it’s worth, I ordered a premium.

HUGE Star Wars Fan......Check.
HUGE Mandalorian fan....Check
HUGE Brian Eddy fan and love MM and AFM......Double Check.
Hoping to have a 3D toy of the Razorcrest somewhere on the playfield....OH HELL YES!!!

I agree it was a tough choice between getting the pro or premium. I actually love the pro cabinet out of the three, so Im going to order the pro back glass for the premium and will likely switch them out and light frame the other. The Big Grogu looks good and the extra magnet around him conveys to me he’s using the force to direct or stop the pinball for certain features. I originally envisioned a bigger Razorcrest ship right dab in the middle of the playfield, just like Brian’s design of the castle and the mother ship (and the creature from Stranger Things) and you would have to shoot a ball under the ship in order to start a mission (think of the vengeance ship from ST), but overall I’m happy with the way it turned out.

I also agree the mini-playfield was kinda “meh” to me when I first saw it, but I think the device might surprise some people (including myself)

I love reading the comments, but let’s remember fellas. Looking at the shots of the game from the initial video still doesn’t reflect the feel of the shots until you see the accompanying light show, the interaction with the color display and the voice of Carl Weathers telling you what you need to do next in the pin.

Looking forward for the gameplay video this Thursday from Mr Danger and I normally can’t watch someone playing 2 hours of pinball, but I think I’m going to make an exception with this one. I think it may change some peoples minds once they see all of the pinball’s features in action.

Now, who wants to bet that someone is going to show up at the reveal playing the pin wearing a Mandalorian helmet?

#3197 2 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Now, who wants to bet that someone is going to show up at the reveal playing the pin wearing a Mandalorian helmet?

More likely a Baby Yoda outfit.

#3198 2 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

.. I would!

20210410_155306 (resized).jpg20210410_155306 (resized).jpg
#3199 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

.. I would![quoted image]

Where do you even get that from?

#3200 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Where do you even get that from?

Gift from my girlfriend! It's metal, she said she didn't want the plastic stuff and wanted as close as possible to beskar..! Yup, she won't mind if I get a Premium!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 22.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Northfield, MN
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

9,900 (Firm)
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/64?hl=flyfalcons and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.