(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

7 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,477 posts
  • 798 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Dahawk007
  • Topic is favorited by 200 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 426 votes
    44%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    21%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(961 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

12C92E26-53C8-4374-A367-32DF9043F893.gif
22C25D51-C4BF-4E56-93B7-E72F8BADA927 (resized).png
E915B358-12C9-436D-8AF8-8E0C38675E1E (resized).png
C9A560EC-287F-4670-9675-6DECF4EE8A53 (resized).png
giphy.gif
Crane Kick.gif
thumbs up. (resized).jpg
MB (resized).jpg
Tie Fighter Mod 1 (resized).jpg
Tie Fighter mod (resized).jpg
IMG_5623 (resized).jpg
IMG_5624 (resized).jpg
IMG_5622 (resized).jpg
D552F2B5-C68E-4001-81F4-9E4D7F86B508 (resized).jpeg
Mezel Mods foundry scoop light (resized).jpg
20211004_170546 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,477 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 150.
#251 7 months ago

Is this real?

#252 7 months ago

Do a board search for topper and DLC.

#253 7 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

lol I had pretty much same convo!

Lol, What's your prediction Neil, killer game or what?

#254 7 months ago

If it's not real... There will be a lot of pissed off wives! Do you know how hard it is to get the wives on board???? Don't let us down Stern.

Stern are you reading this?

#255 7 months ago

Thought you guys might want to see how Zen Pinball handled the license. Has a smaller upper playfield like the rumored Stern pin.

1CC46AFA-3A36-4EC2-AAD5-FCBC8334DDA4 (resized).png82143311-4748-4212-818C-676C3D297F47 (resized).pngE7975538-3A09-4F55-8EE1-A1BBFD5610DD (resized).png
#256 7 months ago

Probably where Kaneda got the idea on a spinning rotating upper playfield!

#257 7 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Probably where Kaneda got the idea on a spinning rotating upper playfield!

Bingo!!! I'll be completely shocked if it's really Mando ..... this came completely out of left field about 4 weeks and ppl are eating it up

giphy-17 (resized).png
#258 7 months ago
Quoted from thewool:

Lol, What's your prediction Neil, killer game or what?

Hoping it’s a killer.

#259 7 months ago

I still believe it could be Back to the Future.
I was told that from someone who buys and sells over 500 (new and used) Sterns each year. We shall see. No guaranteed proof either way yet.

#260 7 months ago

It's Mando. 100% it's Mando as assured to me by someone in the know...sorry but I can't divulge who it is but I trust him completely.

#261 7 months ago

A Mandalorian game would have to have infinite ball save, because in the show every time he's about to get killed someone pops up to save him And I won't even talk about the cop out S2 finale.
I AM impressed with how they make the show in 'the volume'...

Maybe Stern could add another screen in the back of the playfield like that mod for Twilight Zone.

#262 7 months ago
Quoted from arcadem:

It's Mando. 100% it's Mando as assured to me by someone in the know...sorry but I can't divulge who it is but I trust him completely.

I will hold you to this! I've already told my girlfriend, and I'm already scouting the different sites to find out how to order this asap..!

#263 7 months ago

FWIW, I already have my name in for an LE.

#264 7 months ago

JP DLC: Additional code was only enabled w/the topper. So in a way it was 'DLC'.

#265 7 months ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

If it's not real... There will be a lot of pissed off wives! Do you know how hard it is to get the wives on board???? Don't let us down Stern.
Stern are you reading this?

I also have wife approval for this game, site unseen, and she has shot down a bunch of games lately. This is the way.

#266 7 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I also have wife approval for this game, site unseen, and she has shot down a bunch of games lately. This is the way.

Same. This time was politely told - get it done.
Happy to oblige!

#267 7 months ago

So, how does that work, I simply contact Stern's distributor in Canada and tell him I want one? That would be my first NIB.

#268 7 months ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

So, how does that work, I simply contact Stern's distributor in Canada and tell him I want one? That would be my first NIB.

Yep, call up a distributor. If you want an LE ask if they have any allotment left. It helps if you develop a relationship with a distributor or two, otherwise you may experience some ADP for this title for an LE (just a prediction).

I’m still tempted to get an LE for this title. I really think this is going to be one of Stern’s top offerings as an LE. I’m honed in on a premium though, haven’t bought an LE Stern in five years now.

#269 7 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yep, call up a distributor. If you want an LE ask if they have any allotment left. It helps if you develop a relationship with a distributor or two, otherwise you may experience some ADP for this title for an LE (just a prediction).
I’m still tempted to get an LE for this title. I really think this is going to be one of Stern’s top offerings as an LE. I’m honed in on a premium though, haven’t bought an LE Stern in five years now.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated! I will certainly contact our distributors asap. I think the same way, this is going to be a great game!

Of course Mandalorian was destined to be successful for Disney+, but it actually did way more than that: it reconciled the older fans with the new saga, brought in millions of subscribers to the channel, introduced some new characters while bringing some back, like Boba Fett.

Disney is just scratching the surface here, but i feel this will translate into a fantastic, very in demand, pinball for Stern!

P.s. you are from Louisiana? The Saints is my team, I've visited New-Orleans (thou a long time ago), what a city, a great State and such nice people!!

#270 7 months ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Of course Mandalorian was destined to be successful for Disney+, but it actually did way more than that: it reconciled the older fans with the new saga, brought in millions of subscribers to the channel, introduced some new characters while bringing some back, like Boba Fett.

This cannot be emphasized enough frankly. I was basically done with Star Wars after TLJ. No enthusiasm for the franchise (TLJ killed Star Wars vastly worse than Game of Thrones’ last season killed that show...which was also bad). I didn’t even watch Mando till just a few months ago, I had so little interest in Star Wars. Then...my friends finally got me to check it out and I’m hooked. Even my four year old likes the show.

I hear Stern is upping the MSRP for this title. That is indicative they think they have a grand slam on their hands...

#271 7 months ago

Maybe after Kaneda’s shenanigans last release....Stern fed him a “rumor” ?

#272 7 months ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Cool. The timing seems to good for it to not be Mando with tomorrow being May 4th. Hopefully there's a teaser tomorrow showing the playfield.

#273 7 months ago

That makes what, 109 Star Wars tittles so far?
SW licenses must be cheap nowadays..

#274 6 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This cannot be emphasized enough frankly. I was basically done with Star Wars after TLJ. No enthusiasm for the franchise (TLJ killed Star Wars vastly worse than Game of Thrones’ last season killed that show...which was also bad). I didn’t even watch Mando till just a few months ago, I had so little interest in Star Wars. Then...my friends finally got me to check it out and I’m hooked. Even my four year old likes the show.
I hear Stern is upping the MSRP for this title. That is indicative they think they have a grand slam on their hands...

I felt exactly the same way. TLJ was a stake through the heart of the Star Wars franchise, I still remember the feeling leaving the cinema, the magic was dead.

But that openning scene from Mando to the bar sparked it back up. Awesome series.

#275 6 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

You know better than that...they up their prices for the same reason JJP does. Just because.

#276 6 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You know better than that...they up their prices for the same reason JJP does. Just because

...people will pay it.

FIFY

#277 6 months ago

Should we expect to see playfield pictures today or just logos? I would think Stern would make the announcement soon if they are revealing anything today.

#278 6 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Should we expect to see playfield pictures today or just logos? I would think Stern would make the announcement soon if they are revealing anything today.

The rumor is Stern didn’t have all the assets approved, which is why the official reveal was set for the 11th instead of today. My guess is we get more than just a logo ton May 4, but who knows.

#279 6 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The rumor is Stern didn’t have all the assets approved, which is why the official reveal was set for the 11th instead of today. My guess is we get more than just a logo today, but who knows.

Is that a sign the topper will take two years to release?

I'm still guessing any teaser will be revealed tomorrow.

Also unrelated...

From TWIP Pinball Show podcast:

On if any mechs coming up are going to blow everything else out of the water that we’ve seen to date?

John Rotharmel: Yes. There is one that is about to come out. I’m not going to say more about it, but there is something new that is coming out soon, done by younger engineers. You’ll see it soon…it is blowing everyone’s mind.

Wonder if it's related to the rumors of the "Rotating Upper Playfield with 2 flippers and 6 drop targets / Ship toy with hanging target that reveals ramp."

#280 6 months ago

I have a feeling that mech is going to be in godzilla....just a guess.

zilla (resized).png
#281 6 months ago

Sterns history of doing anything related to Star Wars on May 4th = Zero.

#282 6 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Let's use the Force on this one..!

#283 6 months ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Let's use the Force on this one..!

You can buy from P1AG in Montreal....ask for Michel. He'll charge Ontario tax. At least the strong Canadian dollar may help.

I know some others in Ottawa who order out of Toronto and get the machines delivered.

Expect to pay MSRP I think....no competition....

Don't think Nitro will sell to us in the East....

#284 6 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That means tomorrow is the fist time?

#285 6 months ago
Quoted from WizardMod:

That means tomorrow is the fist time?

Till Lucy pulls your football away

#286 6 months ago

Ppl tomorrow lol

tenor-16.gif
#287 6 months ago
Screenshot 2021-05-03 at 12.15.29 PM (resized).png
#288 6 months ago
Quoted from jellikit:

[quoted image]

Getting closer hopefully.

#289 6 months ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

You can buy from P1AG in Montreal....ask for Michel. He'll charge Ontario tax. At least the strong Canadian dollar may help.
I know some others in Ottawa who order out of Toronto and get the machines delivered.
Expect to pay MSRP I think....no competition....
Don't think Nitro will sell to us in the East....

Nitro has a distributor agreement w/Stern that prohibits them from selling in Ontario

#290 6 months ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Nitro has a distributor agreement w/Stern that prohibits them from selling in Ontario

I know in the US folks are usually paying somewhat under MSRP.

Does everywhere else in the world basically pay MSRP?

#291 6 months ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

I know in the US folks are usually paying somewhat under MSRP.
Does everywhere else in the world basically pay MSRP?

Pricing is controlled by Stern (like Apple). Distributers aren't allowed to sell below MSRP. We all know it happens but it's all hush-hush and isn't really that significant of a rebate. You won't see such prices advertised. Machines that sit for a while are a different thing. Distros can rebate (with Stern's approval of course) games that aren't selling.

In Canada you can get a league rebate. It's a few hundred off. Certainly not significant when we are talking about a 12-14k machine after taxes.

The only way to get a significant rebate is to be an IFPA top ranked player and then you can buy a game direct from Stern. Or be part of the segment of population who doesn't have to pay taxes.

#292 6 months ago

Got my first set of toys to mod mine! Mando measuring cups.

1 (resized).png2 (resized).png
#293 6 months ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

[quoted image][quoted image]

It doesn't look like it's beskar, but still a fun piece to have! Lol

#294 6 months ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Perfect for measuring protein powder.
"This is the whey"

#295 6 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

dood i was just like you - but bored I watched ep 1 - didn't stop, me and the whole family LOVE it and most of my family don't like Star Wars.

Agreed. My wife liked it, really liked it. And it has humor. It's so good I don't want them to do a Season 3, if that makes any sense...kindof like I whish Stranger Things had stopped after Season 1...

#296 6 months ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Ppl tomorrow lol
[quoted image]

Today please! (doesn't look like it at this point)
tenor (resized).png

#297 6 months ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Perfect for measuring protein powder.
"This is the whey"

That's such a good one..lol!

#298 6 months ago

I bet we do not see a tease until Friday and a full reveal will be on Tues, May 11th.

#299 6 months ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I bet we do not see a tease until Friday and a full reveal will be on Tues, May 11th.

How about a tease tomorrow May 4th, even part of a quote : "I can bring you in warm.."

Partial pic on Friday.. then a full reveal on May 11th!

#300 6 months ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

How about a tease tomorrow May 4th, even part of a quote : "I can bring you in warm.."

When has Stern ever teased or announced anything on any type of day such as May 4th?

Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Partial pic on Friday.. then a full reveal on May 11th!

We will be lucky just to know the title on Friday.

There are 7,477 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 150.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside