(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 153.
#201 2 years ago

When is the next announcement expected? I haven't seen it here and I wont read through the Next Stern disaster thread.

#202 2 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

When is the next announcement expected? I haven't seen it here and I wont read through the Next Stern disaster thread.

May

#203 2 years ago

No day yet?

I guess if it is next Tuesday we'll know for sure it is Mando right?

#204 2 years ago

I'm at the point I have a good collection of pins, but I ran out of room. From here on out, if I buy a pin it would be a difficult decision of which pin would have to leave in order to make room. I was talking to my brother months ago and I mentioned to him the only (2) pins that would be "must buys" for me (theme wise) would be Simpsons Treehouse of Horrors or The Mandalorian.

Dang you Stern for making me make this decision!!

#205 2 years ago

No day yet?
I guess if it is next Tuesday we'll know for sure it is Mando right?

We will know if it’s Mando for sure once they announce the next game.

#206 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Been a long time and I come back and still see you promoting anything made by jersey jack, hehe. Tried GNR here in LA and it shoots like crap. Did like all the lights, but the game play has little to be desired. It seemed like multiball after multiball, just like Hobbit. Hehe. Not sure what else there is to this table except a good light box, with lots of multiballs. Wanted to like it, but everyone I’ve talked to, said pretty much the same thing, not much to the table except the music is fun. But a CD playing does that for not much money, hehehe
One thing we can agree, ugh at hitting ramps 10x, orbits 10x, etc. GNR has similar doing that, because there is not much else to do, except lock balls. Hehehe You’re right GNR is quite boring, with same shots forced ad nauseam into multiballs.

Haven't seen you in a while and within minutes of being back you are bashing JJP again, I expect nothing less haha. Welcome back lol.

I'm not getting in a debate again about JJP versus Stern. I just prefer games, whether made by Stern or JJP, that primarily have objective based modes with great mode choreography over modes solely focused on points. Stern did this great with Ghostbusters and Star Trek modes for example. Hoping for something similar with Mando. On a few lists for an LE.

#207 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

We will know if it’s Mando for sure once they announce the next game.

Chuck, Tuesday is May the 4. You know, May the Fourth Be with You Day. Obviously the day they would announce a Star Wars theme.

#208 2 years ago

Chuck, Tuesday is May the 4. You know, May the Fourth Be with You Day. Obviously the day they would announce a Star Wars theme.

Black knight. If they announce the next game on May the 4th, that’s when we will know what the next game is.

#209 2 years ago

Kaneda need to dig and get some rumors on how stripped down the pro will be!

This is much needed info.

#210 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Black knight. If they announce the next game on May the 4th, that’s when we will know what the next game is.

Thanks Captain Obvious, I was just making a joke. Lighten up man.

#211 2 years ago

only one fly in that ointment. I understand (well actually I'm guessing based on some other things I'm understand LOL) Disney have a mega announcement planned for that day so Disney/Stern may want to wait a little, or at least tease little.

#212 2 years ago
Quoted from kumanaga:

I am your age and I have to say that The Mandalorian redeemed the Star Wars franchise for me - it really is a very good show. If the pin is good it will be hard for me to pass. If the pin is not good, than no theme can carry it.

Same here. Interest in SW pretty much gone but still fun to watch a good show. I wouldn't call Mandalorian best show ever but good enough to watch with the family. No reason why it wouldn't make a great pinball theme but there are a few concerns. One, large licenses like SW more often mean less features in a game due to the higher licensing fees. Two, I can easily see baby yoda dominating the license since it's so popular. I can see it now - baby yoda on a spring and everything involves him grabbing balls and eating stuff. No thanks.

#213 2 years ago

Kaneda is now also reporting that Mando will have full assets from seasons 1 and 2. Sounds like this game is gearing up to be a huge hit for Stern.

Let's just hope the code is great and has an epic deep ruleset.

#214 2 years ago

laugh-it-up-fuzzball (resized).pnglaugh-it-up-fuzzball (resized).png

LOL

#215 2 years ago

Me too. Please try to enjoy life. Haha

#216 2 years ago

My money's on a Jar Jar themed pin.

jar.gifjar.gif
#217 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

On a few lists for an LE.

Is the LE sold out everywhere? Is the rumor true that they will make 800 of them? That is wild if they make 800 and they are sold out prior to announcement. Good for Stern if so.

#218 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

One, large licenses like SW more often mean less features in a game due to the higher licensing fees.

This is my concern as well, a barren playfield with the license eating up the BOM. I wouldn’t mind a price increase to get a totally loaded game but it sounds like the price is the same as LZ based on reports from people pre-ordering through distributors.

#219 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Is the LE sold out everywhere? Is the rumor true that they will make 800 of them? That is wild if they make 800 and they are sold out prior to announcement. Good for Stern if so.

Frankly, I don't lend any credibility to these statements that claim all are sold out. There are many dealers/distributors out there. Simple fact checking time of contacting all of them and getting responses makes this very difficult to confirm.

#220 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Seems just about based on the 4 larger distributors I contact but that's just people on lists without putting any money down. Once the "Your $9200 payment is due" calls and emails start I bet we see a good number of people drop out, seems to happen with every new LE.

Kaneda mentioned something about 600 LE's being made, not sure how accurate that is...

#221 2 years ago

not even known yet or for sale so no its not sold out.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

#222 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Seems just about based on the 4 larger distributors I contact but that's just people on lists without putting any money down. Once the "Your $9200 payment is due" calls and emails start I bet we see a good number of people drop out, seems to happen with every new LE.

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Well, if ADP is coming, then the LE may look sold out but is only really sold out at MSRP...

#223 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

My distributor said they have yet to be told their final allotments for the next release.

#224 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Sounds like a lot of people start putting their names down prior to announcement these days. Good for Stern but sucks for a lot of people that get locked out of chance to get one. If this is really happening on a large scale, Stern should consider a lottery system or maybe just making more LE's.

#225 2 years ago

Where do you listen to Kaneda?

#226 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollon:

Where do you listen to Kaneda?

Just google...Kaneda pinball podcast

#227 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Sounds like a lot of people start putting their names down prior to announcement these days. Good for Stern but sucks for a lot of people that get locked out of chance to get one. If this is really happening on a large scale, Stern should consider a lottery system or maybe just making more LE's.

Dead right. LEs are gimmick just to get scrape in more cash. I can see why they do it but it sucks.

#228 2 years ago

My wife: "You're not buying a Mandalorian pinball machine!"

Me: "This is the way..."

My wife: "Don't be childish, we've got too many as it is and there is no more space in the house!!"

Me: "I have spoken..."

#229 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Dead right. LEs are gimmick just to get scrape in more cash. I can see why they do it but it sucks.

It's literally the only way they keep the factory moving & stay in business.

LE guarantees they can build & sell 500-800 machines at a way higher profit margin before anyone even has a chance to play it. If the LE model didn't exist, people would just wait and see. LE allows them to immediately profit on the project. If they only sold the LEs and no one bought the Prem/Pro...they'd be fine...but then if people like the game and Prems/Pros continue to sell for years, that's just gravy.

#230 2 years ago

Any word on the designer, could it be one of Keith's??

#231 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

My wife: "Don't be childish, we've got too many as it is and there is no more space in the house!!"

I wish I could upvote this more than once.

Also wish I had thought of it first.

#232 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Any word on the designer, could it be one of Keith's??

Brian Eddy.

#233 2 years ago

The way people hype stuff here is ridiculous. “Gonna be a huge hit” without even knowing what the game actually is or looks like. 60% of people in the poll are out sight unseen and a bunch more could drop off if the game is a turd. Brian Eddys last game was based on an even more popular show and it completely bombed at release. I hope it’s a fantastic hit but blind hype is obnoxious.

#234 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Brian Eddys last game was based on an even more popular show and it completely bombed at release.

Popular show vs. Star Wars. Two different beasts entirely. People like Stranger Things (the show), but don't feel compelled to buy merch to commemorate their enjoyment of it...Star Wars, though? Millions of fans screaming "TAKE MY MONEY"

#235 2 years ago

I’m in on a pro to put on location at the local brewery. Should do great out on route like stranger Things.

#236 2 years ago

Hype to me = theme potential, and this is off the charts. But please don't let it be a cookie cutter fan style layout....

#237 2 years ago

I wonder (given Eddy's involvement) if they'll reuse the ST Eleven ball magnet trick with Grogu. Same outstretched arm, same magnet mechanic, just smaller and greener. #thisisthewaytosavemoney

#238 2 years ago
Quoted from jarch:

I wonder (given Eddy's involvement) if they'll reuse the ST Eleven ball magnet trick with Grogu. Same outstretched arm, same magnet mechanic, just smaller and greener. #thisisthewaytosavemoney

If thats the case i hope its setup better out of the factory. I just got a nib LE stranger things and getting that TK lock dialed in was hell! I could see them doing some cool magnet stuff with balls and baby yoda manipulating them. Thinking more along lines of houdini magnets under the playfield

#239 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I just got a nib LE stranger things and getting that TK lock dialed in was hell!

Same. Just picked up #080 (thanks, Automated Services!) and it was a little rough in the beginning. Most balls would initially pass the TK lock and queue up behind the post. Since then I've had a few 3-ball TK locks and it's a pretty cool effect overall. Love ST... sold my SW Prem to make room and I don't regret it at all. As an 80's kid and a ST fan this thing is a win.

Now back to Mando...

#240 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

lol I had pretty much same convo!

#241 2 years ago

Hard to believe LEs would be sold out based on pure speculation.
Stern certainly has stopped leaks these days.

#242 2 years ago

BB863C83-0FEC-4BE7-8D4C-14425CDD2AE2 (resized).jpegBB863C83-0FEC-4BE7-8D4C-14425CDD2AE2 (resized).jpeg

#243 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

[quoted image]

oh yeah, this is absolutely the way!

#244 2 years ago

My wife, said we will find room! - “This is the way...”

#245 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

They already did this with Jurassic Park.

Huh?

#246 2 years ago
Quoted from joust23:

My wife, said we will find room! - “This is the way...”

Funny, my girlfriend also said she's ok with Mandalorian.
It was a flat 'no' with another game recently. What can I say, Baby Yoda..lol

#247 2 years ago

If any argument about not being able to get the Mando pin, just show this to your girlfriend/wife!!

c1c96cb1c3214e08f55543b42de153eb6d-worried-baby-yoda.w710.gifc1c96cb1c3214e08f55543b42de153eb6d-worried-baby-yoda.w710.gif
#248 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

If any argument about not being able to get the Mando pin, just show this to your girlfriend/wife!!
[quoted image]

Yep, just showed my wife and her expression was just that; “awe, that’s so cute!”

#249 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Yep, just showed my wife and her expression was just that; “awe, that’s so cute!”

Won't prevent you from getting that pin, will it!!!

#250 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Won't prevent you from getting that pin, will it!!!

You’re right, she’s all in with me now too!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
8,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 19.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Neenah, WI
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/5?hl=nighttrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.