(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 hours ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 153.
#2751 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

they are a retail operation

Fixed:
They are a predatory, poorly-run, pinball-flipping retail operation.

For the record I bought my first pin from them (TWDLE) years ago and quickly switched to a much better distributor.

Yesterday’s hilarious price gouge text message from The Pinball Company reaffirmed my good decision.

#2752 2 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

an orbit ramp? What would you call deadpools indirect right lane shot to a ramp? a ramp shot?

I call that a boomerang shot in my head. Haha.

#2753 2 years ago
Quoted from jarch:

More likely the bride's parents questioned their daughter's judgment for getting engaged to a guy with such poor decision-making. Paying that much for Mando LE is hilariously stupid. Same thing I told Nic and Brooke over text when they sent their $14,999 price gouge to folks on The Pinball Company's "interested in an LE" list. People like this hurt the pinball gene pool and we'd be better without them.

Quoted from Xelz:

Oddly, I contacted The Pinball Company early this year to pre-order a Deadpool premium and they told me Stern wouldn't be producing them anymore, which I knew was wrong because multiple other distributors told me about the planned April/May production run. So I pre-ordered from a different distributor. Now The Pinball Company has Deadpool premiums available for sale... at over $1K what the other distributor charged me.
I'm new to this hobby and starting the learn the reputation of different distributors. Now I know to avoid The Pinball Company in the future.

I don’t know what happened to them, they used to be great.

I bought two NIB games from them in ‘14-15 (separate transactions), and at that time they were great to deal with and didn’t come anywhere close to price gouging; they posted prices at or below MSRP and would “deal” further, and were pleasant to interact with. I had a shipping issue with one of them and Brooke profusely apologized (not their fault), got it resolved immediately, then refunded a small amount of the purchase price for my trouble. At the time, I thought I had found one of the best distributors around...

Then I called them in late ‘18 ready to buy, and Nic treated me like I was wasting his time - very rude and abrasive, and I was really taken aback. It was also around this time that I noticed them beginning to post NIB games above MSRP and inflating used prices to laughably stratospheric levels (though I must give them credit for at least not raising the price on that NIB Jetsons machine they have been sitting on for at least 4 years, lol). I have also seen a few posts here and there over the past couple of years with similar experiences as mine.

For what it’s worth, I have had great experiences buying from GEX, LSOG, Cointaker, and Hemispheres, and I would have no reservations about doing business with Automated/pinballs.com or PinballStar in the future (I have interacted with both, but not bought anything; they were very pleasant, have a good reputation, and I have a strong impression they’re reliable and ethical.)

#2754 2 years ago

Interesting that it says Grogu "moves" and acts like he is controlling the ball. I guess we will see. One thing I'll say is when I showed this game to my wife, she immediately saw the giant Grogu and said, "That's cute. How can you NOT buy it?!"

Well played Stern. Premium order secured.

#2755 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Would anyone say that this is Brian Eddy's modern The Shadow?

No.

#2756 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Yea seems like every action is activated by touching it's head. If you could rework the wiring for whatever switch that is, I imagine someone could figure out a way to integrate it into the game. Something along the lines of sensing when an insert light turns on or some other state that changes that could then trigger the switch to make him move.

I found the hasbro teardown video for those who are curious to see how the animatronic toy ticks. If you skip to timecode 11:00 you can see the head sensor. If you tap his head 3 times it activates the force pose.

Anyone know if it's possible to somehow trigger the force pose on the hasbro toy with the child magnet on the pin?

#2757 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

His story sounds kind of sad, so I shouldn’t poke fun.
But...
The father realized his future son-in-law is a Pro rather than a LE. Plenty of copies to go around and missing key features.

IF the story is true and it’s not some creative way to try and hit big on a pin he paid msrp for and doesn’t want to sound like a scum bag

#2758 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I found the hasbro teardown video for those who are curious to see how the animatronic toy ticks. If you skip to timecode 11:00 you can see the head sensor. If you tap his head 3 times it activates the force pose.

Anyone know if it's possible to somehow trigger the force pose on the hasbro toy with the child magnet on the pin?

If the mod guys can make this into a real mod for this game it could turn this into something really special. Could be sold as a kit with BYO doll, or complete package. How is the scaling - similar to the Stern one?

#2759 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

If the mod guys can make this into a real mod for this game it could turn this into something really special. Could be sold as a kit with BYO doll, or complete package. How is the scaling - similar to the Stern one?

I saw somebody else put one in their AIQ just to see if it fit and it did. This hasbro one is listed as 7.2" tall.

#2760 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Here is the guy who bought the 16k Mando LE. Now he needs to sell. [quoted image]

Lucky son of a bitch.
Perfect excuse to get out of a marriage.

#2761 2 years ago

Maybe I'm not seeing it right, but it looks like baby yoda is hiding a mess of wires and an orbit(?). I get the impression that the "doll" is a hollow sculpture with quite bit running through its backside.

#2762 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Working on one....

#2763 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

You are gonna have to mutuliate those to make it fit .. the game yoda is hollow stuff goes behind and under him .

#2764 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

yes.

#2765 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

2 of the biggest complaints so far in this thread:
- Complaint 1: Grogu should have been more interactive, maybe he should have had a magnet to control the ball.
- Complaint 2: There is a magnet at Grogus feet and it is pointless/useless, why is it even there?
Umm…..
Anyway, the magnet combined with the 5 upper lanes is kind of cool. Reminds me of an EM - you’ll have to nudge the ball around as it releases from the magnet to spot the 5 letters. Maybe they can do some fancy magnet coding so the ball flings around a bit.

while i actually think the game looks interesting...that whole portion is...boring. I flip flippers to move the dot...done on EVERY game since it was invented. 3 or 5..really doesn't make a difference. I will say..i suppose it will depend on how exactly that magnet is utilized.

#2766 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

The ramp that feeds the orbit I call a jump ramp. Is that terminology we can all agree on? What do we call an orbit that has a ramp return to an inland like in STh?

If it's like the garage shot in TSPP, I would call it a jump ramp.

#2767 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

while i actually think the game looks interesting...that whole portion is...boring. I flip flippers to move the dot...done on EVERY game since it was invented. 3 or 5..really doesn't make a difference. I will say..i suppose it will depend on how exactly that magnet is utilized.

Looked to me like there was no flipper-controlled lane change function. Unless I missed it it on videos. Anyone see otherwise?

Edit - well they do look to move on at least a few video clips, guess it remains to be seen if they are directly flipper controlled or tied to some other switch hit event(s).

#2769 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Rollovers are boring. Keith Elwin has realized this. A magnet doesn't change anything. Maybe the least interesting magnet in pinball I can think of. This magnet just takes something random and makes it differently-random. Sorry to be so negative and unpleasant but I feel confident that I'm right about this. A waste of BOM.

Rollovers that do more to earn their keep:
Big Lebowski has the two layers of rollovers.
Some people like the two layers of inserts on Baracorra and Avengers. They're neat but don't really impress me.
TNA's rollovers are interesting because they're above the mini-playfield instead of being above pop bumpers, so you can shoot them from underneath.

I think Elwin has managed to avoid a lot of questionable design elements in pinball. No more rollovers with pop bumpers underneath, replacing scoops with up posts, and not making 2 flipper games.

#2770 2 years ago
Quoted from oldbaby:

Big Lebowski has the two layers of rollovers.

So does El Toro 2 layers is not double the fun in either case.

#2771 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Maybe I'm not seeing it right, but it looks like baby yoda is hiding a mess of wires and an orbit(?). I get the impression that the "doll" is a hollow sculpture with quite bit running through its backside.

That's what I thought too

#2772 2 years ago

Eddy at Stern

You hoped to get a destructible castle with draw bridge, instead you first got a 20 Dollar projector and then a 20 Dollar doll

#2773 2 years ago

I like everything in the game so far, except for the mini playfield and the magnet placement. The magnet is what it is, sort of irrelevant...I hope the mini playfield is better than it seems.

It just seems like it would have been easy to make it so much better. Just copy, (or try and one up) TZ's power playfield. Magnet flippers, drop targets, a path to shoot off the middle of playfield. The magnets could be grogu using the force.

It's just hard for me to wrap my head around the guy who designed the Shadow's mini playfield (which is crazy awesome) doing this one.

I really hope I'm wrong and it's a blast to shoot...the rest of the game looks great.

#2774 2 years ago

The STh projection mapping is one of the most innovative things to happen to pinball in the past decade.

#2775 2 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Eddy at Stern
You hoped to get a destructible castle with draw bridge, instead you first got a 20 Dollar projector and then a 20 Dollar doll

That’s it DerGoetz not inviting you to play mine

#2776 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I like everything in the game so far, except for the mini playfield

Am I the only one getting banzai run vibes out of that upper pf when it goes really steep? sure at 6.5 degrees its kinda bland but jack it up to like 45+ degrees and that tiny flipper gap is gonna feel like Ghostbusters.

I could be wrong and I have no idea just how steep its gonna get but Im excited to try it for sure.

#2777 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Am I the only one getting banzai run vibes out of that upper pf when it goes really steep?

Sorry but no. Banzai Run you have to climb and catch and its a cool challenge. This looks like a Congo under playfield you'll simply bash away at.

#2778 2 years ago

So who is making the wire form mod for the pro? If someone makes them I wouldn’t second guess the pro.

#2779 2 years ago

To the new owner of #191, you are welcome... never new Stern allowed special requests like that. our new (lower) number is fine enough for us.

#2780 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:So who is making the wire form mod for the pro? If someone makes them I wouldn’t second guess the pro.

Am I the only one who doesn’t give a crap about this? The most expensive stern (Elvira) has plastic ramps. Just about every recent pro has had wire forms. From a cost standpoint I find it hard to believe there is actually a real difference. I thought we were passed believing wire forms were somehow more “premium”... but I guess not. I’m sure there will be a mod for this lol

#2781 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Am I the only one who doesn’t give a crap about this? The most expensive stern (Elvira) has plastic ramps. Just about every recent pro has had wire forms. From a cost standpoint I find it hard to believe there is actually a real difference. I thought we were passed believing wire forms were somehow more “premium”... but I guess not. I’m sure there will be a mod for this lol

These are crossover ramps, and plastic looks worse for those. Especially after it hazes up a bit and collects dirt. Plastic ramps on the sides are fine, they don't block view of the playfield.

#2782 2 years ago

This is tied for the best post on pinside with this one !Lmmfao!!!

307FC704-8BB7-4121-8E4D-962EF35DC6D5 (resized).png307FC704-8BB7-4121-8E4D-962EF35DC6D5 (resized).png
#2783 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I've never once had to flame polish a wire form.

#2784 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

So who is making the wire form mod for the pro? If someone makes them I wouldn’t second guess the pro.

Much like any part, you can likely order the premium wireforms via a distributor, at some point. I don't believe there will be a need for a mod.

#2785 2 years ago

Can anyone think of a game that has a large plastic crossover? I’m drawing a blank.

#2786 2 years ago

Game Show

#2787 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:Can anyone think of a game that has a large plastic crossover? I’m drawing a blank.

Gameshow, Nitro, CFTBL?, Diner..(sort o f)

#2788 2 years ago

I’m starting to get the feeling that this is a tough shooting pin .If I’m buying for home use that’s exactly what I want .Love me long time .

#2789 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Plastic Ramps are cheaper in volume - but have a higher startup cost. Ramp costs also go up significantly as the size/complexity of the ramp increases. Metal habit trails are expensive, but are not as limited in design as molded ramps are.

Metal habit trails hold up better, virtually never show wear, and do not block the views as much as plastic ramps. When your ramps are crossing the middle of the PF, or each other, that's a big deal.

When you look at this game, the ramps were clearly designed with cost efficiency in mind. The ramps are done in sections to reduce their size and increase their part re-use. The Premium and Pro use the same top portion of the ramp, and simply swap out the return portion.

#2790 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

This is tied for the best post on pinside with this one !Lmmfao!!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I get full credit for the setup

#2791 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I made these shooter knobs available if you want to customise your game a little - available in professionally solid filled nylon or metal
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?type=product&q=swinksmando

You have a lot of nice things. Love the Tron shooter tip as well.

#2792 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

I get full credit for the setup

Yes you do

#2793 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Can anyone think of a game that has a large plastic crossover? I’m drawing a blank.

Who Dunnit. The worst offender.

#2794 2 years ago
Quoted from Thermionic:

I would have no reservations about doing business with Automated/pinballs.com or PinballStar in the future (I have interacted with both, but not bought anything; they were very pleasant, have a good reputation, and I have a strong impression they’re reliable and ethical.)

Agreed - I've purchased NIB 12 pins from Mike at Automated over the past 4-5 years and he's always come through for me. His staff are great, very busy but always willing to take my call and help me find what I'm looking for. They get my repeat business without question.

#2795 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

The STh projection mapping is one of the most innovative things to happen to pinball in the past decade.

Totally agree... It's amazing how they map the video to all of the different surfaces. Very immersive experience, especially watching the demodog silhouettes stalking back and forth from target to target or the ramp light-up arrows. Cool effect that really adds to the enjoyment factor IMO.

#2796 2 years ago
Quoted from jarch:

Agreed - I've purchased NIB 12 pins from Mike at Automated over the past 4-5 years and he's always come through for me. His staff are great, very busy but always willing to take my call and help me find what I'm looking for. They get my repeat business without question.

I did not have a great experience with Automated. It ultimately ended up OK but after a lot of frustration. If I ever buy nib again (big if), I'll find a different distro.

#2797 2 years ago

Gonna get a bunch of down votes but my impression is its just a Munsters with a Grogu doll. Nothing to see here, this is not the pin you're looking for, you may go about your business. Move along, move along.

#2798 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Motordome would beg to differ...

md (resized).pngmd (resized).png
#2799 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Gameshow, Nitro, CFTBL?, Diner..(sort o f)

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

These either have interesting cohesive concepts for the plastic or the plastic is more near the back. This one seems really weird, being close to the player & a really long path to the inlane/flipper.

#2800 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Transporter is a favorite of mine.
74827784-F529-4B9F-8FF3-1C48BEB0E668 (resized).jpeg74827784-F529-4B9F-8FF3-1C48BEB0E668 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 22.95
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/56?hl=november and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.