(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,620 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by brzezicki
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg
5.42 Mandalorian Manual (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 153.
#2651 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I was watching the Hasbro animatronic one cycle through its built in animations and saw it had a dedicated force pose with his hand. How awesome would that be to trigger that animation when the magnet activates.
Anyone have any connections with hasbro?

Yea seems like every action is activated by touching it's head. If you could rework the wiring for whatever switch that is, I imagine someone could figure out a way to integrate it into the game. Something along the lines of sensing when an insert light turns on or some other state that changes that could then trigger the switch to make him move.

#2652 2 years ago

What add-on accessory will Stern sell to unlock a DLC mode? Will it be a UV light kit for night time battle scenes? Spinning robot bounty hunter topper? Bounty puck topper that projects onto the wall/ceiling for a "special mission"?

Hold on tight. I have spoken.

#2653 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

The possibility of this has me really excited. Would want speech from him and everything. Kind of like taunting from black knight. I want this to be the topper! What else would go well? No need for grogu as hes huge in the game. Maybe it could be the hockey puck contract with a hologram that would display your mission?

Needs a self destruct mode also where it splits in half and ducks low hiding underneath something .Is this asking too much ?lmao

#2654 2 years ago
Quoted from Akitostarwind:

Switch out the Yoda with the target one. It moves the head, ears, walks, moves arm. https://www.target.com/p/star-wars-the-child-feature-plush/-/A-80380386#lnk=sametab

That one screams Topper.

#2655 2 years ago

Well, I'm going to be very happy with the Mando Premium just the way it is. One day in, still excited!

#2656 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Yea seems like every action is activated by touching it's head. If you could rework the wiring for whatever switch that is, I imagine someone could figure out a way to integrate it into the game. Something along the lines of sensing when an insert light turns on or some other state that changes that could then trigger the switch to make him move.

Good friend looking into connecting it with the magnet itself so when it triggers it would also trigger the Grogo.

#2657 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Without a single flip? Okay...

Which is crazier under the same circumstances. Not buying or buying?

#2658 2 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

Will they be available from stern when available?

Yes.

#2659 2 years ago

Just speculating about Encounters. What if they were not limited to JUST upper playfield shots? It would be cool if you had to hit all targets, then drain to the main pf for a few shots, then back to the upper to finish, or something like that. I'm thinking along the lines of Stranger Things Demogorgan modes. Yes, they are focused on the center toy, but some of the modes incorporate other shots in between. Five Demogorgan modes, and they all feel different, even though they are all based around a single shot. So hopefully all three Encounters will have a feel of their own, and maybe even incorporate different shots. That could add a lot of depth and mitigate the concerns that it's just a few stand-up targets on that upper. Just thinking out loud...

#2660 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Flippers don't determine the price. Buyers do.

Eh, both can. Prices are driven by supply and demand. If scalpers are able to hoard enough units to choke supply, then they can impact prices even if demand doesn't change. Not sure that's really happening in this case, but flippers/scalpers absolutely can impact prices in some situations.

#2661 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Just speculating about Encounters. What if they were not limited to JUST upper playfield shots? It would be cool if you had to hit all targets, then drain to the main pf for a few shots, then back to the upper to finish, or something like that. I'm thinking along the lines of Stranger Things Demogorgan modes. Yes, they are focused on the center toy, but some of the modes incorporate other shots in between. Five Demogorgan modes, and they all feel different, even though they are all based around a single shot. So hopefully all three Encounters will have a feel of their own, and maybe even incorporate different shots. That could add a lot of depth and mitigate the concerns that it's just a few stand-up targets on that upper. Just thinking out loud...

Also use that for things other than encounters. Like you have to hit the ball up there and hit the roving target for a super jackpot , like Kahn MB in shadow.

#2662 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Which is crazier under the same circumstances. Not buying or buying?

Both I see no reason to preorder a Pro or Premium for personal use til I can play one.

Under different circumstances, I can see ops preordering to get the game on location before their peers.

LEs are a different beast, people are getting weird and paying 5K extra for bling, not my thing at all.

#2663 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

LEs are a different beast, people are getting weird and paying 5K extra for bling, not my thing at all.

As long as you get an LE of a game no one cares about its cool. . Played a pro for a couple weeks, decided I liked the bones, went LE.

#2664 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

Ok I screen grabbed this from the pro trailer. That is def not there on the pro version.
I also checked the Premium/LE video and I didn't see that as well. So maybe that was an early prototype they photo'd? Could have been a late feature pull then.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yea sounds about right the prototype was probably supposed to move his hand but they decided to cost cut the $5 servo motor and plastic gears and wire harness, & of course not spend money on another photograph or photoshop(;

#2665 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

As long as you get an LE of a game no one cares about its cool. . Played a pro for a couple weeks, decided I liked the bones, went LE.

You got in before the silliness.. cheapest SthLE is 11K right now.

#2666 2 years ago

Machine - For Trade
Pre-order spot for a game (Personal only) - “I have a Mando LE Paid in full and looking for trades. My games of choice are AFM LE MB LE, TZ, TAF, TRON plus cash. Games must be brand new like remakes, original that are HUO or ...”
2021-05-12
Elkton, MD
Trade
Archived after: 0 days
Viewed: 677 times

Machine - For Sale
NIB - New in box (personal) - “I have a Mandalorian LE that is NIB PM me with any questions. The game is still on the pallet. Buyer is to set up shipping to the lower 48.”
2021-09-07
Boca Raton, FL
11,250 (Firm)
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 1250 times

Machine - Pre-order Spot
Pre-order spot for a game (Personal only) - “I have machine reserved with a $1,000 deposit that I no longer need. You are bidding on the opportunity to take my place and purchase directly from the distributor for the MSRP of...”
2021-05-11
Nashville, TN
11,900 (OBO)
Archived after: 9 days
Viewed: 2193 times

I'm sure you're all decent people and free-market blah blah blah...but, sheesh.

#2667 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Lately I feel like the Stern LE pricing goes.

Announcement - Flippers and Scalpers.

Gameplay Stream - Prices return to somewhat normal.

LE's are delivered - Code isn't there quite yet so they go for at or below MSRP.

A few months to a year after release - Code is finished prices go back up.

Generally this had been the trend, obviously different games don't completely adhere to this but generally speaking, this is the way.

#2668 2 years ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

Machine - For Trade

The Mandalorian (LE)

New!

Pre-order/reservation for a game “I have a Mando LE Paid in full and looking for trades. My games of choice are AFM LE MB LE, TZ, TAF, TRON plus cash. Games must be brand new like remakes, original that are HUO or ...”

4 hours ago

Elkton, MD

Trade

PoppyCock

Machine - Pre-order Spot

The Mandalorian (LE)

New!
Featured!

Pre-order/reservation for a game “I have a Mandalorian LE paid in full from a local dealer. shipping to the lower 48 included, PM me with any questions.”

6 hours ago

Boca Raton, FL

16,000 (OBO)

Mark1971

Sale Pending!

The Mandalorian (LE)

New!

Pre-order/reservation for a game “I have machine reserved with deposit that I may not be able to use. You are bidding on the opportunity to take my place and purchase directly from the distributor for the MSRP. C...”

23 hours ago

Nashville, TN

4,000 (OBO)

Trojanlaw

so gross.

#2669 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Don’t remind me.

Must resist!

#2671 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I was watching the Hasbro animatronic one cycle through its built in animations and saw it had a dedicated force pose with his hand. How awesome would that be to trigger that animation when the magnet activates.
Anyone have any connections with hasbro?

Just bought one to take apart and try to mod it in the game. Add a few relay boards so when the magnet energizes baby Yoda would go into force pose with his hand over the ball. And we could take it one step further and add a magnet in his hand to force pull it up then drop the ball. Other features could be when the spinner moves baby Yodas eyes would open and close. However, depends on what is inside the Hasbro baby Yoda. Other mods we plan to make is a Dark Saber ramp mod that would light up when the ball passes over it. Lots of modding potential with this game!

#2672 2 years ago
Screenshot_20210512-135950_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210512-135950_Chrome (resized).jpg
#2673 2 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

Lately I feel like the Stern LE pricing goes.
Announcement - Flippers and Scalpers.
Gameplay Stream - Prices return to somewhat normal.
LE's are delivered - Code isn't there quite yet so they go for at or below MSRP.
A few months to a year after release - Code is finished prices go back up.
Generally this had been the trend, obviously different games don't completely adhere to this but generally speaking, this is the way.

Dont say that out loud .Lmao

#2674 2 years ago

Not for me thank you, as the endless milking of Star Wars, in all forms possible, continues.....I originally was and still am a huge fan of the early movies. The game and playfield lay-out look good and so it will bring many happy family moments to does who are in. Still hoping for a really new original creative theme not based on a licensed rock group, movie or cartoon show. Probably I don't understand the pinball business model too well.

#2675 2 years ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

That's the LE. They are limited for a reason - to drive up demand. This is the result when demand is high and nobody needs a stupid LE Buy a premium instead or even *gasp* a lowly pro. Not only are they cheaper but not limited.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2676 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Don’t remind me.
Must resist!

That's 2 pros! Two for one!!1 Hahaha

#2677 2 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

I never saw this step happen with AIQLE or JPLE.. people are riding out the code updates now.

#2678 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I never saw this step happen with AIQLE or JPLE.. people are riding out the code updates now.

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Received NIB in November. I can find ZERO playfield issues or other defects. T-REX works well- seems to catch most balls (though it only has about 25 games on it so that's not a ve...”
2020-01-26
Durango, CO
8,500 (Firm)
Archived after: 13 days
Viewed: 1125 times
Contributed to Pinside

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Low Plays. Has some of the Mezel Mods. Perfect Condition. No playfield issues or concerns.”
2020-01-21
Cypress, TX
8,300 (OBO)
Archived after: 19 days
Viewed: 1313 times

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “FS- $8500 HUO Jurassic Park LE W/Tilttopper, physical knocker, green candy chrome shooter rod, sling plastic protectors and led flipper buttons installed. Can remove topper and kn...”
2020-01-14
Warrenton, VA
8,500 (OBO)
Archived after: 9 days
Viewed: 722 times

Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “I am looking to reclaim space in my basement and will be selling 4 machines (Aerosmith LE #145, Jurassic Park LE #488, Metallica Premium, & JJP POTC LE #397) . Was going to pos...”
2020-01-24
Fuquay-varina, NC
8,500 (OBO)
Archived after: 3 days
Viewed: 201 times
Contributed to Pinside

#2679 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “Up for sale is Avengers Infinity Quest Le #264. Game works 100% and plays amazingly fast. Bought game NIB from Pinsider on October 9th. Goodie bag still inside, and has Invisiglass...”
2020-11-27
West Bloomfield Township, MI
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 592 times

Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “Brand new, excellent condition. The theme just isn’t clicking with me. Which is unfortunate because the game shoots extremely well.”
2020-10-14
Rochester, NY
8,900 (OBO)
Archived after: 3 days
Viewed: 535 times
Contributed to Pinside

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “HUO Avengers IQ LE. Has all the must have mods (Mezel Avengers Tower and Sanctum, Light up Thor's Hammer, 3D Thanos head). In excellent condition overall except for a hairline ch...”
2021-01-20
Middleborough, MA
8,700 (OBO)
Archived after: 14 days
Viewed: 445 times
Contributed to Pinside

#2680 2 years ago

Nice DD on sales there. I never saw them come up. Guess you gotta be quick to snag that wave.

#2681 2 years ago

Are there 3 ramps on pro?

Trying to see where all the shots are, think I read there are 7 main shots.

#2682 2 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:Just bought one to take apart and try to mod it in the game. Add a few relay boards so when the magnet energizes baby Yoda would go into force pose with his hand over the ball. And we could take it one step further and add a magnet in his hand to force pull it up then drop the ball. Other features could be when the spinner moves baby Yodas eyes would open and close. However, depends on what is inside the Hasbro baby Yoda. Other mods we plan to make is a Dark Saber ramp mod that would light up when the ball passes over it. Lots of modding potential with this game!

Yes, what this man said.

#2683 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Yea sounds about right the prototype was probably supposed to move his hand but they decided to cost cut the $5 servo motor and plastic gears and wire harness, & of course not spend money on another photograph or photoshop(;

Given how long it took for a SW topper to come out, it very well could have been a Disney decision. The Mouse giveth, the Mouse taketh away.

#2684 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Are there 3 ramps on pro?
Trying to see where all the shots are, think I read there are 7 main shots.

Correct on all counts. 7 main shots not counting the far right and left standups.

#2685 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Correct on all counts. 7 main shots not counting the far right and left standups.

Two ramps are obviously visible, I think I see the third deep up the middle, where does that feed?

#2686 2 years ago

I'm less convinced they're decent people.

Quoted from zh2oson:

Machine - For Trade

The Mandalorian (LE)

New!

Pre-order/reservation for a game “I have a Mando LE Paid in full and looking for trades. My games of choice are AFM LE MB LE, TZ, TAF, TRON plus cash. Games must be brand new like remakes, original that are HUO or ...”

4 hours ago

Elkton, MD

Trade

PoppyCock

Sale Pending!

The Mandalorian (LE)

New!
Featured!

Pre-order/reservation for a game “I have a Mandalorian LE paid in full from a local dealer. shipping to the lower 48 included, PM me with any questions.”

7 hours ago

Boca Raton, FL

16,000 (OBO)

Mark1971

Sale Pending!

The Mandalorian (LE)

New!

Pre-order/reservation for a game “I have machine reserved with deposit that I may not be able to use. You are bidding on the opportunity to take my place and purchase directly from the distributor for the MSRP. C...”

1 day ago

Nashville, TN

4,000 (OBO)

Trojanlaw

#2687 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Two ramps are obviously visible, I think I see the third deep up the middle, where does that feed?

left orbit

#2688 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Smog on your Hobbit is really a stationary figure too, but yet you like it.

I don’t think “stationary” means what you think it does. Smaug is an animated character. He turns, his mouth can open to various programmable degrees & is synched to his speech, and his eyes & mouth can light up with various effects. There’s nothing stationary about it.

#2689 2 years ago

So it really isn’t a ramp if it feeds the orbit I guess, does it change elevation? I saw the ramp flap figured maybe it was diverted somewhere.

#2690 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Through that razor crest target and around the back of Grogu. It exits out the front of the left orbit. If you zoom in on that area you can see where the ramp ends.

Think WH20.

#2691 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So it really isn’t a ramp if it feeds the orbit I guess, does it change elevation? I saw the ramp flap figured maybe it was diverted somewhere.

It elevates. It has to. To allow for full orbit shots.

#2692 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It elevates. It has to. To allow for full orbit shots.

Didn’t think about that, I thought I saw a full orbit shot in one of the videos. If it didn’t elevate and change path a bit why have the flap.

The ambush shot on the right appears to be a fast horseshoe type shot, am I seeing this correctly as well?

The pro does look pretty good in my opinion.

#2693 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The ambush shot on the right appears to be a fast horseshoe type shot, am I seeing this correctly as well?

Yep. Like the marvel spinner on AIQ

#2694 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. Like the marvel spinner on AIQ

Haven’t had the chance to play that one yet.

#2695 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It loops back into the left orbit coming back toward the player.

#2696 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Haven’t had the chance to play that one yet.

It’s not like the SW horseshoe. It’s a 3/4 horseshoe that throws the ball down the right orbit.

#2697 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s not like the SW horseshoe. It’s a 3/4 horseshoe that throws the ball down the right orbit.

Cool, less risky shot.

#2698 2 years ago
Quoted from Malibro:

Not for me thank you, as the endless milking of Star Wars, in all forms possible, continues.....I originally was and still am a huge fan of the early movies. The game and playfield lay-out look good and so it will bring many happy family moments to does who are in. Still hoping for a really new original creative theme not based on a licensed rock group, movie or cartoon show. Probably I don't understand the pinball business model too well.

Dialed In (should’ve been named Killer App or Chaos in Quantum City

#2699 2 years ago

still confused about that ship hanging target. I've watched every video and they haven't showed it actually block the shot... I think its just like a switch that registers the shot and slightly shakes the ship, it doesn't have a blocked/unblocked state....

#2700 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

still confused about that ship hanging target. I've watched every video and they haven't showed it actually block the shot... I think its just like a switch that registers the shot and slightly shakes the ship, it doesn't have a blocked/unblocked state....

The way it’s hung it looks like it should do more but I don’t see any wires, might just swing like a pendulum.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wentzville, MO
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com
Backbox
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona
Pinball Machine
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/54 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.