(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 160 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 153.
#2601 2 years ago

Where is that pic from ?

Quoted from ArcadeBar:

I guess “Big way” means catchable by a claw machine, and “fun integration” means has a magnet in front of him.
It looks like his hand could have the possibility to turn on an axis when the magnet is activated? Would be nice at least if his hollow body twitched left/right real quick when the magnet activates.
Maybe Sterns working on a Hail Mary addition for Prem/LE and that’s why Jacks stream isn’t soon, or maybe they’re just waiting on code.
Or depending on how he’s mounted maybe the awesome mod community will save the day once again...
[quoted image]

8CC0F290-4C3B-463E-AC5A-8C56126BE7B7 (resized).jpeg8CC0F290-4C3B-463E-AC5A-8C56126BE7B7 (resized).jpeg
#2602 2 years ago
Quoted from DerezzedKnight:

I wouldn't be surprised if it's an added mod that stern pulls like they did with the UV light kit on Stranger Things. It is odd that the figure is assembled like that and not as once piece.

Lmao that’s exactly what I was thinking .$1199 to upgrade to a moving Grogu and install it yourself .

#2604 2 years ago

Thanks.Well they did say they have some “surprises” ...I’m assuming up theyre sleeve ?

#2605 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I sh*t all over LZ when it was first introduced. I was really disappointed on first look. So I went and bought an LE

As you do.

#2606 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Where is that pic from ?
[quoted image]

From my distro along with many other hi-res closeups so guessing it was a Stern approved mkt packet sent to Distributors.

CCA56E89-83A4-4C7F-92BD-DBAEC9EB1824 (resized).jpegCCA56E89-83A4-4C7F-92BD-DBAEC9EB1824 (resized).jpeg
#2607 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Sorry you feel that way, but I can tell you with certainty that there is nothing to worry about. I volunteer and know the people who run Project Pinball really well. Simply put, these raffles truly come down to the luck of the draw. They put their hearts into the Charity and would not do anything to put it in a bad light. In particular Dan Spolar is someone who is well known across the country and around the world of pinball. There have been over 60 raffle winners to date and none of them are suspicious and all have gotten their machines. Many of the drawings have been live at shows and/or with guests like the mayor of Fort Myers or prominent pinball celebrities. Here is the list of previous winners. http://projectpinball.org/pinballmachineraffles
Looks like the Pro drawing sold out already and a new pro raffle should be online soon if not already.

Respectfully, that did does not answer whether all the entries are entered and all the balls have the numbers matching with the entries. There is no audit for the public there except a verbal say so. It is NOT a live drawing if the results are loaded after the fact. I have been a caller for bingo for charities and they could take a minute, zoom in on the balls to show the numbers throw them in, and do it live. That hasn't stopped me from buying raffle tickets because I am going on faith but they might get more people to join more raffles and sell through faster if they did it live with a bit of more control. Just a suggestion.

Also, I agree that luck is luck.

#2608 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I kind of wish Grogu and the Razor Crest would have their sizes swapped, but that's also a really minor complaint. With how popular the character is, featuring Grogu that prominently will definitely pull in players that may not have been interested otherwise.

It serves the purpose of having the casual person walk up and go 'oh look.. baby yoda!!' and consider putting a coin in. It will do that job well.

People can't seem to respect there are needs beyond their own when it comes to building products for the general public.

Yes it could have done more... yes there COULD have been other gimmicks - but it still has a purpose. And unless baby yoda stole your quarters, I wish people would just move on already. There is so much more interesting in this game then talking about the plainly obvious crap people want to beat into the ground.

#2609 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It serves the purpose of having the casual person walk up and go 'oh look.. baby yoda!!' and consider putting a coin in. It will do that job well.
People can't seem to respect there are needs beyond their own when it comes to building products for the general public.
Yes it could have done more... yes there COULD have been other gimmicks - but it still has a purpose. And unless baby yoda stole your quarters, I wish people would just move on already. There is so much more interesting in this game then talking about the plainly obvious crap people want to beat into the ground.

I agree with you on the point that it will 100% make them drop in a coin. It feels shortsighted to me though, because if he force moved the ball they would put in more coins. If there was some reference to playing more to discover all that he can do they would put coins in all day.

#2610 2 years ago

Does anyone know how the mini playfield will be coded?

I hope it's modes like....you have one shot to hit a particular lit target, or a limited amount of time to hit certain targets vs an all out flailfest to hit all the targets.

It seems like you can easily trap the ball from the feed and take aim. That would be far more satisfying to me.

#2611 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Still better than GNR - JP gave us Skeleton Axle Rose with no motion to show him shoving McDonalds Quarter Pounders into his mouth

What?Really man move on already!!Criticizing JJP doesn't change the fact that a Stern game has issues!

#2612 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I agree with you on the point that it will 100% make them drop in a coin. It feels shortsighted to me though, because if he force moved the ball they would put in more coins. If there was some reference to playing more to discover all that he can do they would put coins in all day.

Agreed .I think the fact that it does nothing sets itself up for a disappointed casual player .They Will just walk over to JP to see the TRex do it’s thing .

#2613 2 years ago

Went with a premium, have shaker motor and invisi-glass waiting for install.

The shot layout reminds me of a standard body width IJ

#2614 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

50-100 depending on the number.

chuckwurt

thanks! Sadly another price increase, $150! I dunno if I can pull the trigger on that one

#2615 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

At the end of the day - it's a single gimmick. They went a different direction. It's time for people to accept it they didn't do the gimmick they theorized they would do, and see it as such.

Imagine the amount of bitching that would go on and on if they did a VUK with a magnet grab and it didn't work 100% of the time (Aerosmith, Kiss, ST, Houdini, etc). Or worse... they did it and all it did was grab and drop and people would be complaining it doesn't do enough animation, etc. Point is, everyone is full of ideas, and apparently is upset that reality didn't match up to their dreams of possible.. and want to burn the whole house down over it.

It serves a purpose. Its not the main 'ooh ahh' gimmick in the game. That doesn't make the game a stinker, or Stern cheapskates. There is more to the whole thing than just this one element.

I'm more off-put by the weird hanging target mech and it's cosmetics than I am worried about the static figure in the game.

#2616 2 years ago

2 of the biggest complaints so far in this thread:

- Complaint 1: Grogu should have been more interactive, maybe he should have had a magnet to control the ball.

- Complaint 2: There is a magnet at Grogus feet and it is pointless/useless, why is it even there?

Umm…..

Anyway, the magnet combined with the 5 upper lanes is kind of cool. Reminds me of an EM - you’ll have to nudge the ball around as it releases from the magnet to spot the 5 letters. Maybe they can do some fancy magnet coding so the ball flings around a bit.

#2617 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Thanks.Well they did say they have some “surprises” ...I’m assuming up theyre sleeve ?

Where did they say surprises???

#2618 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

At the end of the day - it's a single gimmick. They went a different direction. It's time for people to accept it they didn't do the gimmick they theorized they would do, and see it as such.
Imagine the amount of bitching that would go on and on if they did a VUK with a magnet grab and it didn't work 100% of the time (Aerosmith, Kiss, ST, Houdini, etc). Or worse... they did it and all it did was grab and drop and people would be complaining it doesn't do enough animation, etc. Point is, everyone is full of ideas, and apparently is upset that reality didn't match up to their dreams of possible.. and want to burn the whole house down over it.
It serves a purpose. Its not the main 'ooh ahh' gimmick in the game. That doesn't make the game a stinker, or Stern cheapskates. There is more to the whole thing than just this one element.
I'm more off-put by the weird hanging target mech and it's cosmetics than I am worried about the static figure in the game.

I think people really over react to the criticism. There is no mob outside Stern, torches and pitchforks in hand. I don't think it is offside to say they could have done better on this one. I don't understand this need to defend and protect them and their hard work. They are a business and adults, it's not like they don't know they could have done better.

#2619 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I agree with you 100% .I really like the “look” of this pin expecially the shots .It’s just I have 4 pins at home and that’s where I will get deep in a game .When I go to pincades I don’t play them to go “deep” I want to throw $5 in a SW and try to make the Death Star explode .

#2620 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Where did they say surprises???

From the Star Wars reveal site, although I take it to be more about the code then game feature related.

Stern promises whistling-bird-like innovation, with a gravity-changing, rotating upper mini playfield on the Premium and LE models, as well as more surprises.

Dwight Sullivan on some of the game’s hidden surprises.

“We don’t want to spoil all of the surprises, but we have added an entirely new gameplay mode and option called Impossible Play. If you enable this option before you start your game, it will instantly set your game to Very Hard and your flippers will only allow you to flip for a couple of seconds before needing to be recharged. Good luck.”

Source: https://www.starwars.com/news/the-mandalorian-stern-pinball

#2621 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

chuckwurt
thanks! Sadly another price increase, $150! I dunno if I can pull the trigger on that one

I don’t blame you. I wanted #11 for stranger things but it was taken. Kind of glad I didn’t have the opportunity. Haha. Saved me from myself.

#2622 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

From the Star Wars reveal site, although I take it to be more about the code and game features.

Sounds like code surprises, anything hardware related would be on the feature matrix by now.

What looks like an area where Baby Yodas hand could moved is likely just a seam where the hand plastic part is attached.

#2623 2 years ago

New mod for the Razor Crest!

D0248EB7-D7D7-4E2B-AE76-4E3BF3BBAF16 (resized).jpegD0248EB7-D7D7-4E2B-AE76-4E3BF3BBAF16 (resized).jpeg
#2624 2 years ago

Does the Pro not have the Grogru magnet?

#2625 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

No

#2626 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Premium / LE only

#2627 2 years ago

Geez that sucks

#2628 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Geez that sucks

So then get the Premium

#2629 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Geez that sucks

A magnet that randomly drops the ball into lanes that were already random... the flip ramp is the feature I’d want on a pro

#2630 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I think people really over react to the criticism. There is no mob outside Stern, torches and pitchforks in hand. I don't think it is offside to say they could have done better on this one. I don't understand this need to defend and protect them and their hard work. They are a business and adults, it's not like they don't know they could have done better.

Everything could be better everything in the world.

However until you own a pinball company and are able to do everything exactly as you think it should be than just deal with what is. I remember on R&M people were saying why doesn’t it have this or that. Someone pointed out, you want R&M pinball take it or leave it, you are not likely to get a better one than what they made.

Same here.

#2631 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

So then get the Premium

Just seems odd to have that big thing there only to do nothing not that the magnet was anything big but it gave the whole force vibe.

#2632 2 years ago

I think Baby Yoda is great for pulling in new players. If it did something, it would keep them coming back. It needn't be Rudy complicated, but whatever. It's good enough for most. Besides people will focus on the magnet whipping the ball around and forget the doll doesn't do anything.

The magnet over the roll over lanes and pops is a simple design, but I think they can do some fun magnet tricks with it. That could wow the novice player, and more experienced players don't have to complain about the magnet tricks sending the ball down the middle.

That area is definitely more interesting than the standard 3 pop and roll over cluster. Let's see how the code adds a level of skill to a relatively safe playfield feature

Overall a lot of the playfield seems safe. The Baby Yoda area, the helmet is almost like a bash toy that doesn't punish the player, a few ways to stop the ball to calm things down, a standard fan layout of 7 shots where most of the shots would appear to have safe ball returns.

Most Brian Eddy games have had big sucker shots/bash toys in them. So this is a bit of a departure. It has the target that raises up and down (fun idea, sorta like a drop target but the opposite?), but it's not exactly like the bash toys in MM/AFM/ST.

Theme doesn't do anything for me, but I'm always excited to pour over a new design. I look forward to playing it.

#2633 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

From the Star Wars reveal site, although I take it to be more about the code and game features.

if Grogu's little hand moves, it will be pretty awesome.

#2634 2 years ago

Does the target on the ship “stiffen up” to block the center path or does it always have the same tension?

#2635 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

You and your comments... meh

Meh

#2636 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Mando just doesn't have that world under glass feeling in my opinion. First off there's the giant Baby Yoda doll that does nothing and seems just placed to say "HEY HERE'S BABY YODA" to sell games. Baby Yoda is supposed to be small but is larger then the ship and Mando's helmet on the playfield?

R2D2 was bigger than the Death Star in the Data East Star Wars. Maybe it's just tradition.

Or, in TSPP, Homer's head being bigger than the garage. Pinball is not to scale.

#2637 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

R2D2 was bigger than the Death Star in the Data East Star Wars. Maybe it's just tradition.

so the only logical explanation to this is that he does move and they are saving it as a surprise... I am being optimistic... don't roast me, lol

#2638 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

From my distro along with many other hi-res closeups so guessing it was a Stern approved mkt packet sent to Distributors.
[quoted image]

Ok I screen grabbed this from the pro trailer. That is def not there on the pro version.

I also checked the Premium/LE video and I didn't see that as well. So maybe that was an early prototype they photo'd? Could have been a late feature pull then.

PremLE_groguJPG (resized).JPGPremLE_groguJPG (resized).JPGpro_grogu (resized).JPGpro_grogu (resized).JPG
#2639 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

IG-11 spinning ,shooting topper will make people forget that Grogu is static .
[quoted image]

The possibility of this has me really excited. Would want speech from him and everything. Kind of like taunting from black knight. I want this to be the topper! What else would go well? No need for grogu as hes huge in the game. Maybe it could be the hockey puck contract with a hologram that would display your mission?

#2640 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I have made my purchasing decision.

Without a single flip? Okay...

#2641 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Without a single flip? Okay...

he has spoken

#2642 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

Ok I screen grabbed this from the pro trailer. That is def not there on the pro version.
I also checked the Premium/LE video and I didn't see that as well. So maybe that was an early prototype they photo'd? Could have been a late feature pull then.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah I was doing the same thing, thats my guess is they pulled it. Oh well. Modders do the impossible!

#2644 2 years ago

Question on the accessories. Will they be available from stern when available?
Id like to get the art blades and maybe the side armor. Will also order a shaker once people say how it interacts with gameplay.
Thanks.

#2645 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

if Grogu's little hand moves, it will be pretty awesome.

What if his eyes light up, his little hand flips around so that his palm is up, and the ball levitates off of the magnet. Now that would be cool.

#2646 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Does the target on the ship “stiffen up” to block the center path or does it always have the same tension?

I believe it stiffens until hit enough times then it loosens to let the shot through .

#2647 2 years ago
Quoted from fishinorgolfin:

What if his eyes light up, his little hand flips around so that his palm is up, and the ball levitates off of the magnet. Now that would be cool.

Reverse polarity with a vertical ball guide and there you go!

#2648 2 years ago

Anyone think a Beskar color coated coin door would be a good mod?

#2649 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

That one is 11 inches tall. Don't think there is enough room there. Hasbro one is smaller and does not have a remote control. Would have to figure out a way to interface it to the game.

I was watching the Hasbro animatronic one cycle through its built in animations and saw it had a dedicated force pose with his hand. How awesome would that be to trigger that animation when the magnet activates.

Anyone have any connections with hasbro?

#2650 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Sorry, not a fan of letting a few flippers ultimately determine retail prices across the board for the rest of us.

Flippers don't determine the price. Buyers do.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/53?hl=luckycreature and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.