(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 153.
#2551 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Can anyone confirm if mini pf gradually tilts steeper as you as you keep the ball alive or random?

it has 3 levels, each level has a different degree/angle.

#2552 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

it has 3 levels, each level has a different degree/angle.

Got it thx!

#2553 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Can anyone confirm yet if mini pf gradually tilts steeper as you as you keep the ball alive or random?

It moves during play for sure they say as much, not sure exactly what decides when its steeper , likely as you progress to harder battles and such?

#2554 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

The only thing I don’t like about their raffle is that they don’t live stream their results. I’m not saying they are doing anything fishy but their results are posted in a video later. Who is to say they don’t do multiple takes to pick a desired winner? I asked them before why they don’t live stream and they said It’s due to poor video quality. I feel hesitant in any raffle when results can be edited.

Even then they could just have all the same numbers on the balls or something. There is always a way to be sneaky if thats who you are but Project Pinball has proven time and time again to be a wonderful organization. I buy tickets to all their raffles and dont feel bad ive yet to win anything. Sure there is a little trust involved but they have never given anyone reason to question their integrity. Good luck to all who enter. Looks like a likely double drawing this weekend.

#2555 2 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Talked to my distro today. They are disappointed and surprised that the demand is quite low so far (only) les are sold out with long waiting list.

The market is getting super saturated.

A game has gotta be amazing to sell another game to make space for it.

#2556 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Is the power activated up/down scoop on the premium/LE controlled by the action button like Shadow ramp diverters but vertical? Sure looks like it. Video starts at the diverter being used.

Dont believe so they talk about the button in the podcast and don't mention it. More mode specific . TBH I am ok with this, I am a big fan of diverters they really can make a game have so much variety.

I owned a roadshow for a while and it did an amazing job with them!

#2557 2 years ago

Do you think people will really pay 16k for the LE? Man that would be crazy but at the same time, this is pinball 2021!

#2558 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Dont believe so they talk about the button in the podcast and don't mention it. More mode specific . TBH I am ok with this, I am a big fan of diverters they really can make a game have so much variety.
I owned a roadshow for a while and it did an amazing job with them!

Which podcast are you referring to? Can you please post a link?

#2559 2 years ago

Excited to be in on a Pro!
Like some of the others who commented here, Grogu got my kids (7 and 9 years old) super excited. As did the artwork with Ashoka.
(We love the show and all things Star Wars so it’s a win for us.)

And my wife who has not watched the show thought the game looked really cool and loves Grogu as well.

Will the game be perfect.
No. Nothing in pinball is.

What is perfect- sharing excitement with my family after a long, challenging pandemic year.
Yup...It’s only pinball.
But sometimes that’s all it takes.

#2560 2 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

What is perfect- sharing excitement with my family after a long, challenging pandemic year.
Yup...It’s only pinball.
But sometimes that’s all it takes.

Well said sir, well said!

#2561 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Do you think people will really pay 16k for the LE? Man that would be crazy but at the same time, this is pinball 2021!

Bet these sell HUO for less than MSRP within 3 months .

Also anyone know what it costs to request a LE # ? Pinged my distro but I guess he is slammed , before I keep bug him let me see if it’s worth it .

#2562 2 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Talked to my distro today. They are disappointed and surprised that the demand is quite low so far (only) les are sold out with long waiting list.

I think most of us like to play a game before purchasing, or at least watch a good stream of someone playing it to see if we want one. Not counting operators, who would be crazy not to have one on order for their location.

As for the LE collecting game, well, stuff like this is why I'd be fine with Stern and distros jacking the price to actual market value:

Screenshot_20210512-074228 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210512-074228 (resized).png
#2563 2 years ago

"Nothing will ever be as good as the original trilogy"

I hate old men stuck in their ways, we get so many crap themes because of it.

#2564 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Also anyone know what it costs to request a LE # ? Pinged my distro but I guess he is slammed , before I keep bug him let me see if it’s worth it .

50-100 depending on the number.

#2565 2 years ago

Already 2 LEs for sale at scalp prices but they don’t have the balls to add a discussion topic.

#2566 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I am not telling anyone if I will get it or not and which version I get if I do. ITS MY SECRET.

Is it really though?

Screenshot_20210512-104833_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210512-104833_Chrome (resized).jpg
#2567 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

As for the LE collecting game, well, stuff like this is why I'd be fine with Stern and distros jacking the price to actual market value

Sorry, not a fan of letting a few flippers ultimately determine retail prices across the board for the rest of us.

#2568 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Which podcast are you referring to? Can you please post a link?

Stern Pinball:
"Mark your calendars, Dead Flip Pinball Streaming reveal stream with game team 5/21 @ 6pm CDT!"

https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/posts/10159484978114244

#2569 2 years ago

This guy needs a hug

Screenshot_20210512-103025_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210512-103025_Chrome (resized).jpg
#2570 2 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

Already 2 LEs for sale at scalp prices but they don’t have the balls to add a discussion topic.

I called out the one guy in this thread (16K ad) and he sent me a PM that he bought 4 of them. Not sure if he is trolling or serious. But honestly it doesn't matter...you are a douche if you are scalping an LE before release...doesn't matter if it is 1 or 4 or whatever.

Seems to be a strong trend lately. For example, the guy in Delaware (that will remain unnamed) who basically buys huge lots of Stern toppers, sits on them, and then sells them for double the cost. You would think the reputable distro he is buddy buddy with would maybe realize that is bad for the hobby and put a stop to it.

#2571 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

he sent me a PM that he bought 4 of them.

If he is trolling that is a damn funny statement

#2572 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

I think most of us like to play a game before purchasing, or at least watch a good stream of someone playing it to see if we want one. Not counting operators, who would be crazy not to have one on order for their location.
As for the LE collecting game, well, stuff like this is why I'd be fine with Stern and distros jacking the price to actual market value:
[quoted image]

This here, Given the theme and the fact that my son is obsessed with Baby Yoda this should be an immediate buy for us but it's not. Dwight on code is giving me a huge pause as I am not generally a fan of his games even though I love Brian's designs. Can't wait to play it but not even considering buying until I do. I know of 2 locations in the area that have it on order so should be able to see it soon.

#2573 2 years ago

I don't get it lol. Why don't you just buy your kid a $45 animatronic baby yoda toy. How long after he realizes that the baby yoda in the game does nothing will he still give a crap about the pinball machine? Buying a 6k+ game because your kid likes baby yoda is pretty funny to me...

#2574 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I don't get it lol. Why don't you just buy your kid a $45 animatronic baby yoda toy. How long after he realizes that the baby yoda in the game does nothing will he still give a crap about the pinball machine? Buying a 6k+ game because your kid likes baby yoda is pretty funny to me...

He just said he's NOT buying it. But LOLZ I guess?

#2575 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

This guy needs a hug
[quoted image]

Might've hit the down arrow by accident. It's happened to me before when scrolling quickly on my tablet.

#2577 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Why spend the extra money to purchase your kid a fishing rod, tackle box, a tent and camping gear, and then spend the time driving them to a river or lake and then hang out with them for a weekend when you can just buy them a stuffed fish and call it a day?

Sheesh, Pinside is full of parenting tips today. God forbid a dad or grandad wants to spend some time bonding with their kid...

#2578 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Stern Pinball:
"Mark your calendars, Dead Flip Pinball Streaming reveal stream with game team 5/21 @ 6pm CDT!"
https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip
https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/posts/10159484978114244

Thanks but those are not the podcast(droids) im looking for, lol. I guess i have to be a Stern insider member to hear the podcast that Mando was referring to.

#2579 2 years ago

Maybe its me, but Im so grateful that during a messy year and a half, Stern has been able to manufacture Toys for us to play with.

#2580 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Thanks but those are not the podcast(droids) im looking for, lol. I guess i have to be a Stern insider member to hear the podcast that Mando was referring to.

Those podcasts are free 72 hours after they originally air. Just set up a free account with them and check back in a couple days.

#2581 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

This guy needs a hug
[quoted image]

Maybe its because its the 2nd season that we find out his name is Grogu not baby yoda.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Those podcasts are free 72 hours after they originally air. Just set up a free account with them and check back in a couple days.

Thanks man! I thought i had a account with them. When you get a NIB it has that special gift paper with Garys face on it that i thought signed you up for free to there Insider thing but it doesnt reconize my email.

#2582 2 years ago

Switch out the Yoda with the target one. It moves the head, ears, walks, moves arm. https://www.target.com/p/star-wars-the-child-feature-plush/-/A-80380386#lnk=sametab

#2583 2 years ago
Quoted from Akitostarwind:

Switch out the Yoda with the target one. It moves the head, ears, walks, moves arm. https://www.target.com/p/star-wars-the-child-feature-plush/-/A-80380386#lnk=sametab

That one is 11 inches tall. Don't think there is enough room there. Hasbro one is smaller and does not have a remote control. Would have to figure out a way to interface it to the game.

#2584 2 years ago

I'm not sure I understand the divided camps here. There is a lot that I really like about this game and there is some that I'm just blah on. After balancing the pros and cons with my personal tastes, I've simply decided not to buy.

And if after playing one I decide that I want it, there will be a butt load of new or used for me to choose from.

#2585 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Maybe its because its the 2nd season that we find out his name is Grogu not baby yoda.

Heh, I think it's telling how Stern picked C-H-I-L-D as the letters to light instead of G-R-O-G-U

#2586 2 years ago

a084f2bc269f703977511c90c0e9f6cf (resized).jpga084f2bc269f703977511c90c0e9f6cf (resized).jpg

#2587 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Heh, I think it's telling how Stern picked C-H-I-L-D as the letters to light instead of G-R-O-G-U

It is weird they did that since I always have to ask my 6yr old whats baby yodas real name, lol! Im really happy its 5 lanes though since 3 lanes is boring and you dont have to do much to get all 3 and dont get me started on TMNT 2 lanes(worst part of that layout to me).

#2588 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Well ... they were making the game while season 2 was still airing . Guessing that part was done beige he name was revealed .

#2589 2 years ago

IG-11 spinning ,shooting topper will make people forget that Grogu is static .

A1FD61C4-2B3C-4529-9183-96DF9C0C5490 (resized).jpegA1FD61C4-2B3C-4529-9183-96DF9C0C5490 (resized).jpeg
#2590 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

IG-11 spinning ,shooting topper will make people forget that Grogu is static .
[quoted image]

I was hoping that would be on the playfield

#2591 2 years ago

Some good interview with Brian Eddy and Dwight Sullivan. Brian Eddy exerpt:

"Brian Eddy, lead game designer, on the early decision to include a lifelike Grogu."

“I think Grogu is one of the key elements that enabled a large audience to embrace The Mandalorian. He was the driving force, no pun intended, behind the first two seasons, the ultimate reason for the Mandalorian to do what he did. He’s pretty infectious and, yes, downright cute. The character creates a great balance between the epic battles and the human touch of the relationship of Mando and Grogu. It gives them both a place to grow and evolve.

“So it was important for me to make sure he was included in a big way. It was actually the first item I put on the playfield when starting to lay out the game. I had a 3D printed Grogu about the same size as what is in the game and was moving him all over to see where he would best fit. I wanted him as a large presence, so when people walked up to the game it would evoke those same feelings from the show. He looks amazing and has a fun integration. I’m very happy with how he and the entire game turned out.”

#2592 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

It's possible that Stern scanned an existing toy, no idea, but the figurine is custom designed using sculpt software and probably SolidWorks. That effort and process is there, not lazy at all.

Your probably correct,I am not an expert on dolls.Now if you have any questions about constructing a kitchen or bathroom fire awayIt looks like they decided to build pin around the doll because of the hype.To me in the series it made more sense when he was in the cool carrier following Mando.I just read above post I guess I'm psychic!!!

#2593 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:I was hoping that would be on the playfield

I hear ya would’ve been perfect in Grogu’s spot .

#2594 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

"Brian Eddy, lead game designer, on the early decision to include a lifelike Grogu."

“So it was important for me to make sure he was included in a big way..... He looks amazing and has a fun integration. I’m very happy with how he and the entire game turned out.”

I guess “Big way” means catchable by a claw machine, and “fun integration” means has a magnet in front of him.

It looks like his hand could have the possibility to turn on an axis when the magnet is activated? Would be nice at least if his hollow body twitched left/right real quick when the magnet activates.

Maybe Sterns working on a Hail Mary addition for Prem/LE and that’s why Jacks stream isn’t soon, or maybe they’re just waiting on code.

Or depending on how he’s mounted maybe the awesome mod community will save the day once again...

93447CE5-4399-4D3B-B144-FDCCD3E96814 (resized).png93447CE5-4399-4D3B-B144-FDCCD3E96814 (resized).png
#2595 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:I guess “Big way” means catchable by a claw machine, and “fun integration” means has a magnet in front of him.
It looks like his hand could have the possibility to turn on an axis when the magnet is activated? Would be nice at least if his hollow body twitched left/right real quick when the magnet activates.
Maybe Sterns working on a Hail Mary addition for Prem/LE and that’s why Jacks stream isn’t soon, or maybe they’re just waiting on code.
Or depending on how he’s mounted maybe the awesome mod community will save the day once again...
[quoted image]

Baby Yoda unfortunately does nothing. If his hand moved it would have been included on the Stern feature matrix as "Baby Yoda with 180 degree motion articulating super hand motion".

#2596 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

I guess “Big way” means catchable by a claw machine, and “fun integration” means has a magnet in front of him.
[quoted image]

That's an interesting catch. I looked through the photos and it doesn't show that angle on the Pro (to confirm if the toy is the same). I wonder if it was a late pull feature or they are still working on it as you mention...

#2597 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

That's an interesting catch. I looked through the photos and it doesn't show that angle on the Pro (to confirm if the toy is the same). I wonder if it was a late pull feature or they are still working on it as you mention...

I wouldn't be surprised if it's an added mod that stern pulls like they did with the UV light kit on Stranger Things. It is odd that the figure is assembled like that and not as once piece.

#2598 2 years ago

Mmmm interesting. In the matrix for AIQ, does the gauntlet have any particular details to it?

#2599 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

[quoted image]

Still better than GNR - JP gave us Skeleton Axle Rose with no motion to show him shoving McDonalds Quarter Pounders into his mouth

#2600 2 years ago

Im Just dying to play in a release tournament. With a proper t shirt.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

8,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 22.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/52?hl=atrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.