(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 hours ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 153.
#2451 2 years ago

I am also confused and disappointed also with the magnet in front of baby yoda... what a waste!! So they put a magnet in front of one of the most exciting and loved characters to be introduced in Star Wars in 30 years and all it does is grab the ball.. and release it into roll-over lanes? What the?

And the "feature" of the spinner. LMAO. Holy crap, call the kids over... look at this amazing creative feature!!

I said all along that Stern would under-impress with the "features" and they managed to do it. Now lets see if I can get distracted enough by the theme, lights, and fancy video/code to get me to buy one.

#2452 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You know you’re reaching the weird argument stage when someone is mad Luke Skywalker is featured on a Star Wars pin.
At least the real supporting star of the show, my man Kuiil, made the Pro back glass.

How is it a weird argument? It's the Mandalorian, not the original star wars trilogy. Luke was in a few minutes of one episode. Cara Dune was a major recurring character over both seasons. It makes the omission even more glaring when they have all these characters that were barely in the show but not one of the most prominent characters.

#2453 2 years ago

You guys are just gonna have to find the strength to move past this somehow.

#2454 2 years ago

Hate the theme, hate the game play
Hate the theme, love the game play
Love the theme, hate the game play
Love the theme, love the game play

So far, only one variable is in play and it proves that theme, in today’s pinhead environment, is more important than game play based on the excitement in this thread.

Stern can release this with half written code and cult followers of Star Wars won’t even care.

Don’t get me wrong, I love a good theme, but as long as I have been at this, game play is far more important, IMO.

Here is to hoping the game play being solid

#2455 2 years ago
Quoted from SpaceGhost:

Anyone know what the estimated ship date is for the machine?

I was told June/July on prem but that was early today .I need time ,I’m in that position where I don’t want to sell one and June is too early and July is too tight I would feel very comfortable with August .I’ll see what he says tomorrow,either way I’m in !

#2456 2 years ago

The theme is good. This is (sometimes) the (stern) way.
The artwork is good, but people will still hate on it. This is the (stern) way.
The shots will be a fan layout. People will try to find "innovation" within that layout. This is the (stern) way.
The toys will be half-baked lukewarm trash on release. Modders will fix what they can. It will never be what it should have been. This is the (stern) way.
The sound will be good. This is the (modern stern) way.
The animations will be good. This is the (modern stern) way.
The code will be half-baked lukewarm trash on release (comparatively speaking). This is the (stern) way.
They will "fix" the code for a few months and then abandon it for a year or two when they actually make it decent. This is the (stern) way.
The LE's are probably already sold out. This is the (stern) way.

As for me, as much as I love the Mandalorian, the layout is boring and the toys/mechs don't do it for me. Also, I have zero faith in Dwight. Can't wait to play one on location or at someone's house, but that's too much $$$ for me to not be absolutely jazzed on the whole package.

#2457 2 years ago

Ive trawled through this thread and developed the first Mando Mod...Guaranteed to keep everyone happy....

yoda cara.gifyoda cara.gif
#2458 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I do not recall Stern selling direct. My recollection was Jack departing as a distro to commence JJP was in relation to the drama surrounding LOTR LEs. I began interacting with Jack when I tried to buy a FGY direct from Stern and they sent me to a distributor instead as they told me they didn’t sell direct. That was 2008 or so.

More things happened in that relationship than any of us were told. We only found out about the direct selling stuff a few years ago when we were on holidays in Chicago. Stern have been selling direct to Time Zone for a very long time bypassing Distros.

#2459 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

This magnet use is a miss.
[quoted image]

Agreed.
And i’m afraid there is not a good flow in this area.
Where balls returns to flips from the child lanes? By left orbit?

#2460 2 years ago

I showed my 11 year old daughter the video and asked her what she thought.

Her eyes lit up, she smiled and said “Oh WOW it has a giant baby yoda on it”

Ordered a pro. Can’t wait. Great time to be alive.

And it’s Baby Yoda everyone. We find out Grogu’s name late in the first season I think. But it has been and always will be Baby Yoda.

#2461 2 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I showed my 11 year old daughter the video and asked her what she thought.
Her eyes lit up, she smiled and said “Oh WOW it has a giant baby yoda on it”
Ordered a pro. Can’t wait. Great time to be alive.
And it’s Baby Yoda everyone. We find out Grogu’s name late in the first season I think. But it has been and always will be Baby Yoda.

Cool stuff and you clearly have some great priorities in life! Kids grow up fast and father daughter time is a win for sure. Congrats.

#2462 2 years ago

Asoka is a major Star Wars character. She’s already been in two animated series, is a fan favorite, and is getting her own live action series. Luke Skywalker is freaking LUKE MOTHER F&@?ING SKYWALKER!!! How are you confused???

#2463 2 years ago

Of all the little details Luke making the sling probably makes me the happiest. I don’t hate the new movies, but there’s no denying the catharsis old fans felt seeing young Luke wrecking sh*t at the end of Season 2.

Our boy got his peak Jedi screen time, and we get a reminder on the pin, that’s great. It’s the kind of thing that could have been lost in license nonsense.

I choose to be happy for things like that. Maybe you’re not that kind of fan, that’s okay. If I ever get a chance to play this game I’m gonna look at it and smile.

#2464 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’m in for a premium but am really bummed about there not being full RGB lighting for this game.

Don't be. It rocks to have inserts colour matched to their purpose. And leave the colour changing ones to where it has a function (multi purpose) in the game design. That is game design!

To me, a colour washing light show that some other games are able to present looks poo. And the sacrifice it carries for the playfield makes it even worse.

A lightshow is emersive due the blink. The pattern of blinks, the sequence of blinks and its sync to other game elements.

#2465 2 years ago

Ok was going to get this machine - had my name down, But being its confirmed Dwight is coding this - I'm out!
Someone was I guess lucky to have received a call from my dis that a spot has turned up.

Sorry pass - not another GB or Munsters path for me again! period....

#2466 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Cool stuff and you clearly have some great priorities in life! Kids grow up fast and father daughter time is a win for sure. Congrats.

Should have gone to Target and get Baby Joda for 20 bucks

#2467 2 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Ok was going to get this machine - had my name down, But being its confirmed Dwight is coding this - I'm out!

Oh, please. Play the game. Then buy it if it tickles.

#2468 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Asoka is a major Star Wars character. She’s already been in two animated series, is a fan favorite, and is getting her own live action series. Luke Skywalker is freaking LUKE MOTHER F&@?ING SKYWALKER!!! How are you confused???

I hope they have the Luke scene/rescue in the game, if it is then I maybe tempted to get a premium and stick it in my mates arcade.

#2469 2 years ago

So happy, Le confirmed
Huge Star Wars head here and alongside The original trilogy and Rogue One, The Mandolorian is what makes Star Wars the best entertainment franchise ever...period!

#2470 2 years ago

Nice going , what that from Zac

#2471 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm passing on this game and just ordered a TMNT Premium. Not a fan of the Baby Yoda stationary doll and just hitting standup targets on what appears to be an odd upper playfield. Reminds me of the lower playfield on ACDC which got old really quick. Had a ton of hype for this pin but feel let down.

Going to translate what you really mean. PFreak was unable to secure an LE, so going to put this one down with derogatory comments. Only reason was let down is no one from your list of 5 companies you were on the waiting list for dropped out, because Mandalorian is such an awesome game and you don’t want to pay scalper prices.

Smog on your Hobbit is really a stationary figure too, but yet you like it. Upper PF right flipping ball endlessly around spinning house on WOZ got old really quick too, yet you like it. Dialed In Bob the Builder going back and forth endlessly blocking shots gets super boring, yet you like it. Lol

#2472 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Going to translate what you really mean. PFreak was unable to secure an LE, so going to put this one down with derogatory comments. Only reason was let down is no one from your list of 5 companies you were on the waiting list for dropped out, because Mandalorian is such an awesome game and you don’t want to pay scalper prices.
Smog on your Hobbit is really a stationary figure too, but yet you like it. Upper PF right flipping ball endlessly around spinning house on WOZ got old really quick too, yet you like it. Dialed In Bob the Builder going back and forth endlessly blocking shots gets super boring, yet you like it. Lol

Why does it matter to you so much, what Panzer likes and dislikes?

Not every pin is going to rock everyone’s world, I think AIQ is the best pin ever made, I have an LE and absolutely love it, but plenty of people hate it or slag it off even in the owners thread, doesn’t make a blind bit of difference to me.

Not every pin is for everyone, luckily we have a lot of manufacturers giving us all a lot of choice. I was interested in an LE for Mando but now I’ve seen it I’m quite happy to wait for gameplay and the chance to play this before maybe getting a Premium, it just didn’t blow me away like it did others, good for them I’m glad it’s amazing for those who like the look of it, same goes for those who don’t like it, the next game might take their fancy.

Buy what you like, not what others like, always works out well for me.

#2473 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Stern tries to make the most basic of features sound like an amazing incredible mech to the point that it becomes confusing. It's no longer just a spinner but a "Super action double movement spinner with player interaction".

Lol, and your favorite JJP doesn’t do marketing spins??? Small 5 inch GNR screen on PF with JJP marketing spin name: Concert Jumbotron! Lololololo

#2474 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Mando just doesn't have that world under glass feeling in my opinion.

You’re entitled to your opinion, but why rain on everyone else’s parade, just because you weren’t able to snag an LE? It is definitely a Mando world under glass and is loaded to the hilt by any pinball makers standards. Even to your beloved JJP. Stern went all out on this title and everyone that is lucky enough to purchase an LE is very happy with that purchase, you can be sure. It’s all part of the fun.

#2475 2 years ago

The Mandalorian isn't really a "contemporary" theme to be fare.It is Star Wars after all and although it is ok it will never top the original trilogy.

#2476 2 years ago
Quoted from soren:

That's the point - we all know full well that option isn't there for LE buyers. Stern has supply and demand down to an art form, you have to commit now or not at all.

#2477 2 years ago

Keep hitting quote reply instead of edit. >_<

#2478 2 years ago
Quoted from soren:

I’ve never had an issue buying before playing, if I can watch a gameplay stream and I’m entertained watching someone else play and it just looks fun, I know it’s for me.

I wanted a Mando LE but watching the reveal I’m not 100% sold so I’ll wait for the pro and premiums and play those first, that magnet above 5 roll overs and the mini playfield area are the only things I can’t tell if they will be fun to shoot, so I’ll wait this one out.

But sometimes you just know it’s for you, hopefully all early LE buyers are super happy once they get their pins.

#2479 2 years ago
Quoted from scasteel:

Thst would be sweet. I believe the included figure is also on Amazon and does nothing [quoted image]

That’s not the same one at all. Look at the detail. Stern’s Grogu is quite different and unique.

#2480 2 years ago

I'm a code junkie and the comments on Dwight's reputation are making me nervous...

I'm looking for a deep game with lots of rabbit holes to explore. Looking at the announced rule set there are not a massive number of modes, and the encounters are more of a novelty. But there is quite a lot to go at overall including the foundry options to explore.

As someone else pointed out, Maiden isn't particularly deep but is a challenge due to the layout.

P.s. all the comments on layout/design. Remember back to the underwhelming reveal of EHOH?

#2481 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

jimwe5t cannot say a single good thing about any game that isn't a Stern. If it's a JJP game he forgets half the features and makes up things about the other half.

JJP has fun and impressive promo videos for Dialed In and GNR. There I said two good things. Lol

#2482 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

I'm a code junkie and the comments on Dwight's reputation are making me nervous...
I'm looking for a deep game with lots of rabbit holes to explore. Looking at the announced rule set there are not a massive number of modes, and the encounters are more of a novelty. But there is quite a lot to go at overall including the foundry options to explore.
As someone else pointed out, Maiden isn't particularly deep but is a challenge due to the layout.
P.s. all the comments on layout/design. Remember back to the underwhelming reveal of EHOH?

I’d be excited Dwight’s coding it. His style has changed a lot recently. He landed on a set up that is pinball as a role playing game structure. Pick a character. Go on missions. Level up the character to score more points later in the game. It’s honestly pretty genius.

#2483 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Why does it matter to you so much, what Panzer likes and dislikes?

We are actually brothers...banter back and forth like this all the time, since we were kids. (Mom has always liked me best although...just sayin. We just have different fathers. Jack is PFreaks father, Gary is mine. My father has been way more successful, lol!)

#2484 2 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

I’d be excited Dwight’s coding it. His style has changed a lot recently. He landed on a set up that is pinball as a role playing game structure. Pick a character. Go on missions. Level up the character to score more points later in the game. It’s honestly pretty genius.

Cheers for that! Your description of his coding sounds a perfect fit for the theme.

Also just to pick up on the people that don't see a world under the glass. I think the LE helps thanks to the side art. And the detail on the overall artwork is crazy. For me it looks good and some mods will only help.

#2485 2 years ago

Thinking this pin will stand the test of time and be right up there in the top five of all time, just like Brian Eddy’s other pins MM and AFM.

#2486 2 years ago

Art seems off to me. The combo of photorealistic with hand drawn black line can work, like with Franchi, but somehow misses here.

If that’s my only issue with the game then it’s a hit. Can’t deny it’s a good theme.

#2487 2 years ago

Not sure this game can live up to the Pinside hype. I think there are going to be LEs becoming available soon.

That said, Pros will probably do extremely well on location. As someone else mentioned the Baby Yoda doll may do nothing in the game but it will draw dollars to the game.

#2488 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

In reality, Munsters sold just fine, and this is total nonsense, and for point two, only the rubiest of noobs is impressed by this "logic."

It was sarcasm, just noting how they are still using a mech that was underwhelming to begin with.

And I am hardly a noob as you and I have had many interactions going back to RGP days

#2489 2 years ago

Distros that are selling LEs few thousand above MSRP should be warned. I didn’t know Stern was selling direct and would of tried that route if I knew. I called about 3 of them yesterday and I was on the list with one. They All wanted more than MSRP which is fine but if you think I’m going to use you on my next game purchase than your out of your fucking mind. Why use a distributor when my chance of getting an LE is better buying directly from the manufacture? Last time I had a stern problem my distributor told me to contact stern anyway for tech support. Distros should be careful trying to make a profit on their markups.

#2490 2 years ago

Have we heard anything about support for future seasons or is this strictly going to cover 1 and 2?

#2491 2 years ago

The only thing I don’t like about their raffle is that they don’t live stream their results. I’m not saying they are doing anything fishy but their results are posted in a video later. Who is to say they don’t do multiple takes to pick a desired winner? I asked them before why they don’t live stream and they said It’s due to poor video quality. I feel hesitant in any raffle when results can be edited.

#2492 2 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Have we heard anything about support for future seasons or is this strictly going to cover 1 and 2?

History tells us "this is it". There will be refinement to the game that has shipped, but will not see new content from new seasons.

#2493 2 years ago

This game.... meh

#2494 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

You’re entitled to your opinion, but why rain on everyone else’s parade, just because you weren’t able to snag an LE? It is definitely a Mando world under glass and is loaded to the hilt by any pinball makers standards. Even to your beloved JJP. Stern went all out on this title and everyone that is lucky enough to purchase an LE is very happy with that purchase, you can be sure. It’s all part of the fun.

I agree that stern seems to have put more attention in this game but this statement is a little ridiculous. Almost thought this was posted by Stern's legal team (aka CrazyLevi!).

It is def not a mando world under glass nor is it loaded "to the hilt" by any pinball makers standards. That's just crazy talk. You can't throw in a stationary toy and say hey, it's mando's universe! That upper pf too.....well yeah.

To stern's credit, the pro is more loaded than what I've seen in the past but they did set the bar so low with LZ. I'm excited to play the game as it appears more effort and thought was put into this release. Why they are waiting 10 days to show it though? Thought that was interesting. Maybe they just want to cash in on the folks buying without seeing it live. I like the art as well - people need to remember how bad the art was before Metallica.

#2495 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Disney submitted her work on the show for an Emmy despite firing her. They really can't keep their messaging straight.

Everything I’ve read as of late April and as recent as last week is that Disney very well may bring her back for season three.

#2496 2 years ago

The game looks amazing, looking forward to seeing the gameplay.

#2497 2 years ago

Didn’t think what she said was that bad but this is a day where you can’t say a peep unless you have a stand alone platform like Joe Rogen.

#2498 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It is def not a mando world under glass

The "world under glass" term makes me cringe every time. It is such an overused term that has no real meaning except to fein disappointment that a game isn't what you expected it would be.

#2499 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Now you are now throwing a tantrum. You have no idea what you are talking about, and spread lies. I was being honest with you when I said that if one of the other 2 distrubtors get back to me and say "Hey we have an LE" that I'll give my spot for free to another Pinside member that messaged me earlier.

The game is not for me, I'm not a fan of the mechs / doll, and it's not the world under of glass I thought it would be. That's why I'm not buying it so get over it that some people won't like it as that's life.

Quoted from jimwe5t:

We are actually brothers...banter back and forth like this all the time, since we were kids. (Mom has always liked me best although...just sayin. We just have different fathers. Jack is PFreaks father, Gary is mine. My father has been way more successful, lol!)

? Weird

#2500 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

This game.... meh

You and your comments... meh

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 22.95
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/50?hl=hawks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.