(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 153.
#2251 2 years ago

Stern Star Wars rules is easy top 3 favorite for me. So good! Love the insert matrix on Mando and Hope Dwight sticks with this style creative rule set on this one.
3 Cheers Dwight!

#2252 2 years ago

Has anyone seen a pop bumper on the Mando playfield?

#2253 2 years ago

Have a deposit on a pro and probably going to move it to another or future game. I think it's a mistake still giving pro owners a mini playfield since many are trying to avoid it by getting the pro model. If they would have come up with a mech that made Gogru at least appear to be controlling the ball with his hand above the playfield and made that the main feature, then the mini playfield, drop ramp and other stuff could go to premium/LE. I'm sure Stern will sell plenty the way it is, maybe when it's streamed I will have a change of heart.

#2254 2 years ago
Quoted from Thermionic:

Take heart, given the significant growth in the area the odds are good that he is a transplant from somewhere else!

Bah. It's a newbie douchebag (joined 6 weeks ago) who probably heard about this pinball craze and he thought he could cash in. I'm sure the distro has a waiting list in case of cancellations and even if someone was dumb enough to pay the seller the distro would probably NOT sell to that buyer. Pretty sure any self-respecting distro won't encourage line jumping and douchebaggery like this anyway. Distro just has to say "you just lost your non-refundable deposit". Then they can sell for MSRP AND keep that deposit and this way THEY make the profit and not this db.

#2255 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Stern Star Wars rules is easy top 3 favorite for me. So good! Love the insert matrix on Mando and Hope Dwight sticks with this style creative rule set on this one.
3 Cheers Dwight!

SW is a great game if you stop trash talking the look of it and actually play it a few times. There is plenty to criticize in that game but rather play it than something like GB that arguably looks better. Mando seems to have a nice mix of code to keep it interesting. It's nothing new but like the idea of earning beskar to buy awards.

#2256 2 years ago
Quoted from tr8785:

I literally just got done playing a wonderfully restored Shaddow, five minutes ago. There is no way original Shaddow holds itself up to a modern stern title.

Sure it does. Modern games have deeper rules, but do they have ball lock sequences like the disappearing wall in Shadow? A full on physical breakout toy? Player controlled ramp diverters? And all in one game?

Stern gives us more rule depth but the 90s games had cooler physical toys and gadgets.

#2257 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I mean, 7.2" tall and moves a bunch. Curious how much space is back there.
[quoted image]

Thst would be sweet. I believe the included figure is also on Amazon and does nothing

PhotoCollage_20210511_112628857 (resized).jpgPhotoCollage_20210511_112628857 (resized).jpg
#2258 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If there was a game I wanted badly enough that I had to have it that would mean it was more important to me than one of the last 3 games I've held on to after culling my collection, I'd simply sell modded Tron or my Metallica LE and "trade in" for it.
In that sense it's not impossible that I'd get a new game again. It's a sunk cost, that's fine. I'm sure I could get enough of either title to pay for a Premium, or close enough that the cash difference would be whatever. The new games just don't excite me enough to do it I guess. Maybe if I get a trade op on an Iron Maiden or something, I'd like to own a game from Elwin at some point I think. No rush.
But pay cash for a new game, at these prices? From anyone, not just Stern? Pass.
It's just pinball. A game in a box. They're very cool, and I still appreciate them and the hobby, but blowing $10k on one isn't remotely appealing. That kind of play money can do so many more things for me. I think this site has become the frog in the boiled water, people think it's normal now. I promise you, people who aren't enabled by their fellow collectors don't think it's normal to spend that money, on a game you've never even seen, let along played, they think it's crazy.
They think it's crazy, and they're not even informed enough to know what a gamble buying a new game is just on the code alone.
You know when I bought my Metallica LE (I would have taken a Prem, didn't find one before the LE came up, wanted the hammer and lighting) ?
After the code was mature. There was a big update when the game became much better, some might recall it, and that's when I found one and bought it. Still have it all these years later, still enjoy it, couldn't care less that I "missed out" on the early code and having it new.
You don't have to have the newest game right away. Your neighbors don't care and aren't impressed. (And if they are, why are you spending all that money to impress your neighbors?)
Anyways, sorry, you asked, so there's the answer. Keep buying these new games folks, the rest of us can't buy them off you used later when the code is done if you don't!

Hey Aurich, nice seeing you back on Pinside!

While I understand the prices are hard to stomach, it's not much of a "sunk cost". It's a place to park some cash - if it's a reasonable game, you will get most of your money back (or better). NOB is clearly better than NIB, but most folks are impatient and choose to ignore the benefits.

Let's face it, it's more about a lot of "meh" games being produced (this being the latest). To be honest, this has been true since 2004 (when I started collecting). If you choose wisely, there are still some great games being produced (e.g. R&M, JP2). If only 1-2 out of 10 games are worth owning, it makes it a lot easier to rationalize staying in the hobby. I'm still in, but my buying has slowed considerably (and sales have increased).

#2259 2 years ago
Quoted from scasteel:

Thst would be sweet. I believe the included figure is also on Amazon and does nothing [quoted image]

Looked at my lad's animatronic Growgu and I'm sure it could be modified to fit. How about if modders could add a circuit to control the movement...

#2260 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Has anyone seen a pop bumper on the Mando playfield?

Yes... below the child inlanes...

Mandalorian-Pro-Details-Ambient-08 (resized).jpegMandalorian-Pro-Details-Ambient-08 (resized).jpeg
#2261 2 years ago

Is the power activated up/down scoop activated with the action button...like a diverter on Shadow go figure?

#2263 2 years ago

Some rando on the internet got his hands on a Mando LE and is streaming it live as we speak!?!?

Wow! That's gotta be a worthwhile link to click on!

#2264 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I generally agree with your post but...union labor force? It's not 1977 and I'm pretty sure there's no union workers at Stern.

You’re right. I can’t verify that they are union. I’ve heard they hire temp workers as well. That being said, I live in Illinois. In Chicago land, as well as much of the state, temp agency worker pay, is exponentially higher per hour than overseas labor and much higher right to work states hourly wage.

#2265 2 years ago

In the past two years I have been able to save funds because no pin was a must have. However, this one caught my attention. It has a multi-generation appeal to it. Therefore, I am going to pull the trigger on a premium.

#2266 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Some rando on the internet got his hands on a Mando LE and is streaming it live as we speak!?!?
Wow! That's gotta be a worthwhile link to click on!

Boy, that left ramp is sure repeatable..

#2267 2 years ago

I h8 u, but gr8 troll! XD

#2268 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

SW is a great game if you stop trash talking the look of it and actually play it a few times. There is plenty to criticize in that game but rather play it than something like GB that arguably looks better. Mando seems to have a nice mix of code to keep it interesting. It's nothing new but like the idea of earning beskar to buy awards.

Thanks for this. I've been saying for a long time that SW (at least the pro...can't speak for the Premiums or LE since I've never seen a single one that played correctly....) is a really good game. Solid rules, interesting risk/reward choices, good flow.

#2269 2 years ago

You should honestly be banned for posting this crap. Nothing more than an attempt to get views on your channel.

#2270 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I mean, 7.2" tall and moves a bunch. Curious how much space is back there.
[quoted image]

I already ordered one. Just one of the many custom mods ill be doing to my Pro (which, once again, is the best).

#2271 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

You should honestly be banned for posting this crap. Nothing more than an attempt to get views on your channel.

didn't click it, is it just a mockup of a twitch stream?

#2272 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I thought it was fun(ny).

#2273 2 years ago

I'm thrilled to see NO mono-targets! Looking forward to playing the game.

#2274 2 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I'm thrilled to see NO mono-targets! Looking forward to playing the game.

I concur but at the same time the targets with the helmet spread over the three look really bad, it's like the art was meant for a mono and they decided to go with three targets and now its all stretched out. They should really fix that.

#2275 2 years ago

Is it me or could they better use of space for the mini pf? Like put it under the pf like in AC/DC.

Then put something else in its place like a Krayt Dragon popping out of the pf to swallow the ball randomly. Or move the Razor Crest to 3 load balls, then fire them at the player randomly when all 3 locked.

801BAA4F-98BA-498D-94F8-80436676FE74 (resized).jpeg801BAA4F-98BA-498D-94F8-80436676FE74 (resized).jpeg
#2276 2 years ago

I didn’t mean to bash any of the awesome 90’s titles. I love Shaddow and many others as well. If the owner of the Shaddow I just played put it up for sale, I’d buy it in a heartbeat.

My point is, there’s a good bunch of cool new stuff in Mando. It’s incredibly clear a ton of hard work and innovation went into it. Listening to people bash the hard work that’s put into new titles is exhausting.

Quoted from metallik:

Sure it does. Modern games have deeper rules, but do they have ball lock sequences like the disappearing wall in Shadow? A full on physical breakout toy? Player controlled ramp diverters? And all in one game?
Stern gives us more rule depth but the 90s games had cooler physical toys and gadgets.

#2277 2 years ago

Sorry guys, just now got caught up on this thread. Is it my turn to mention Cara Dune or should I ask who's doing the code?

#2278 2 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Is it me or could they better use of space for the mini pf? Like put it under the pf like in AC/DC.
Then put something else in its place like a Krayt Dragon popping out of the pf to swallow the ball randomly. Or move the Razor Crest to 3 load balls, then fire them at the player randomly when all 3 locked.
[quoted image]

I'm really interested in this pin, but you placing the mini-playfield down below remind me how much mini play fields suuuuuuuuck. (Except on The Shadow, TSPP and White Water)

#2279 2 years ago

[quoted image]

I agree this looks better, but then you're getting way too different for the pro model

At least based on the assumption that a lower playfield is a non-starter on a Pro's BOM. Because if the premium helmet is a lower playfield, then it has a whole different upper right side...but the pro uses that area for its helmet...so then then the differences between the two start to get really drastic, which is probably a manufacturing headache.

#2280 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Sorry guys, just now got caught up on this thread. Is it my turn to mention Cara Dune or should I ask who's doing the code?

The date of the first stream may interest you, just ask!

#2281 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:She compared being a Republican in the USA to being a Jew in (early) Nazi Germany. Admittedly not the end result of the holocaust but basically a slippery slope argument that Republicans are beginning to be demonized and that is how "it" starts.
Whether you agree with Disney's choice or not, I can at least see why they made it.

Was she wrong?

#2282 2 years ago
Quoted from tr8785:

I didn’t mean to bash any of the awesome 90’s titles. I love Shaddow and many others as well. If the owner of the Shaddow I just played put it up for sale, I’d buy it in a heartbeat.
My point is, there’s a good bunch of cool new stuff in Mando. It’s incredibly clear a ton of hard work and innovation went into it. Listening to people bash the hard work that’s put into new titles is exhausting.

What great innovation went into Mando? Does a tilting playfield count as a ton of innovation?

#2283 2 years ago

Sterns greatest innovation is consistently turning $1 into $3. That's pretty magical and a trick I'd like to master myself.

#2284 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Where's Sasha Banks?

#2285 2 years ago

That seems like an apt comparison.

tenor.giftenor.gif

#2286 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

What great innovation went into Mando? Does a tilting playfield count as a ton of innovation?

I think it's a pretty cool innovation. Has there been one before? I'm not a pro or expert, but I've never seen one and my jaw dropped a little when I saw it tilt up.

But, the LACK of ANY innovation in the Grogu DOLL is reaaaalllllllly disappointing. Plus it's too big and the Razor Crest is too small....

#2287 2 years ago

I’m in for a premium but am really bummed about there not being full RGB lighting for this game. All the hype about how loaded this game would be had me assuming it would have an amazing Lightshow of some kind to compete with games like GnR and R&M...

#2288 2 years ago

Stern hasn’t don’t full RGB since GOT have they?

#2289 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’m in for a premium but am really bummed about there not being full RGB lighting for this game. All the hype about how loaded this game would be had me assuming it would have an amazing Lightshow of some kind to compete with games like GnR and R&M...

Features list doesn't seem too bad.

18 RGB software controlled LEDs
Color changing general illumination LED lighting

#2290 2 years ago

Threw caution to the wind and made a impression video . Don’t roast me too hard

#2291 2 years ago

I like that they went with warm white LEDs too. Fits the theme better.

#2292 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yeah it feels like a step backwards from the expression lighting in LZ

Guess it got cost cut? Or maybe Mado was too far in development before the expression lighting on LZ was finalized?

Seems like the kind of thing that should be in all games.

#2293 2 years ago

This magnet use is a miss.

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 5.55.44 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-05-11 at 5.55.44 PM (resized).png

#2294 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

This is a waste of a magnet.[quoted image]

At least there is a representation of force powers on this Star Wars

#2295 2 years ago

Cocf

[quoted image]

Good idea, and I don’t even like lower playfields ..

#2296 2 years ago

you look just like a Friend i know that used to live in South Fla Mando!!
he even pointed out a Flaw in my NIB sw pro that i missed when i got it.

#2297 2 years ago

Still no talk if the action button controls the up/down diverter on the Premium/LEs? I think that's a much better add-on then the magnet!

#2298 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I think it's a mistake still giving pro owners a mini playfield since many are trying to avoid it by getting the pro model

There is no mini-playfield on the Pro. It's just a flipper and 6 targets.

#2299 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I put up with the first four minutes of your video and I do not share your views

#2300 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

why not just write your impressions given the format of this forum?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

9,900 (Firm)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 19.95
7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lansing, KS
$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/46?hl=pinballerwannabe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.