(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 153.
#2201 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

The upper playfield reminds me of the lower one in Congo.

1) at least the lower PF on Congo did not take up space on the main PF

2) Congo is a great playing pin despite the lower PF, not because of it.

#2202 2 years ago

Happy to finally rebuild my collection starting with Mando, even though I've never seen the series. (My Grandson loves Baby Yoda)

Ordered a Pro because I'm not a fan of upper playfields and it just seems like one more thing that is eventually going to need repair. Gonna miss the magnet, though.

The Pro looks packed for the money, will be the first off the line and I like the translite best of the three.

#2203 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

honest, I have not seen any toys from any mod company that has the definition or quality that you see in the OEM toys of a Jersey Jack for example.

Like the axle skeleton figure in GR!
What a piece of shit!
Looks breakable !

#2204 2 years ago

I would disagree to be honest, I have not seen any toys from any mod company that has the definition or quality that you see in the OEM toys of a Jersey Jack for example

Medisinyl spine mod for RZ smokes anything JJP ever did.

#2205 2 years ago

I mean, 7.2" tall and moves a bunch. Curious how much space is back there.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2206 2 years ago

Pro will be on location near me so I’m looking forward to trying it out. This is not the one to get me back into the NIB BS.

#2207 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Happy to finally rebuild my collection starting with Mando, even though I've never seen the series. (My Grandson loves Baby Yoda)
Ordered a Pro because I'm not a fan of upper playfields and it just seems like one more thing that is eventually going to need repair. Gonna miss the magnet, though.
The Pro looks packed for the money, will be the first off the line and I like the translite best of the three.

You're picking up the Pro based on what you need it for, great choice! Hope you have a great time playing this one with your grandson, can't get any better than this!

#2208 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I mean, 7.2" tall and moves a bunch. Curious how much space is back there.
[quoted image]

Now you're talking! (so is that animatronic, I believe! Well, cooing at least!)

#2209 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Correct. It's a self contained playfield area but it is part of the main playfield.

As popularized by Gottlieb in the mid 80s:

Spring Break
Hollywood Heat
Rock/Encore

and others...

#2210 2 years ago

With all the Cara Dune talk, where was all this outrage when Gary Dourdan was left off the CSI pinball?

#2213 2 years ago

Peeking closer at the pics on sterns site and noticed that you can adjust the post on the Mando helmet mini-field opposite the Flipper to open up the outlane more to make it harder.

619D162E-C11F-46EA-BF74-D862E809D132 (resized).png619D162E-C11F-46EA-BF74-D862E809D132 (resized).png
#2214 2 years ago

Do we know who worked on the game design on this one?

#2215 2 years ago
Quoted from Snailpin:

Do we know who worked on the game design on this one?

Same guy that designed the GOAT Medieval Madness!

#2216 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Baffles me why they didn't put the dynamic duo (Eddy/Sheets) together for this one considering the magic Lyman can works with these properties that have loads of video assets.

Putting the same guy that botched up the last Star Wars just makes no sense at all to me. At least my wallet is safe for now. Waiting to see what Elwin does next.

Maybe they'll pair up Elwin and Sheets!!!

#2217 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Oh really Brian Eddy that's interesting.

#2218 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

As popularized by Gottlieb in the mid 80s:
Spring Break
Hollywood Heat
Rock/Encore
and others...

We need more of this stuff. Mini loops, kicking targets, diverters. Let’s get nuts!

#2219 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

We need more of this stuff. Mini loops, kicking targets, diverters. Let’s get nuts!

Seriously. Couldn't agree more.

#2220 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Baffles me why they didn't put the dynamic duo (Eddy/Sheets) together for this one considering the magic Lyman can works with these properties that have loads of video assets.
Putting the same guy that botched up the last Star Wars just makes no sense at all to me. At least my wallet is safe for now. Waiting to see what Elwin does next.

SW code is awesome...

#2221 2 years ago

Comical!

#2222 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Not that i disagree that Lyman is great but SW code is great also. It has some of the best moments in any machine. Hyperloop multiball during Deathstar or Endor mini wizards with 3 balls in the hyperloop then blowing up the Deathstar into victory multiball is so good and if you havent done it yet your missing out.

#2223 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I wonder why they didn’t use mini flippers for the PF. Seems like a bit of overkill for such a small PF.

Becuase if it was the same size, had mini flippers & then was tiled upwards, you would have practically no chance of trapping the ball on the way down. The gap would be too big & the ball would never stay up there.

#2224 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

SW code is awesome...

SW code is incredible to me. Only thing I dont love is the multiplier which really only matters for scoring if you care. But the actual modes/gameplay is great. Dwight is a good coder and I like his games. I also like that hell be around the game thread and answer questions

#2225 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

SW code is incredible to me. Only thing I dont love is the multiplier which really only matters for scoring if you care. But the actual modes/gameplay is great. Dwight is a good coder and I like his games. I also like that hell be around the game thread and answer questions

Hes watching now. Hes liked a few posts in last few hours i seen.

#2226 2 years ago

I would disagree to be honest, I have not seen any toys from any mod company that has the definition or quality that you see in the OEM toys of a Jersey Jack for example.
For the most part mods are just terribly cheap looking... I really doubt somebody will make something better than what is already there.

Let me introduce you to liorillusion !

His stuff is amazing.

#2227 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I love the multiplier, it adds so much risk/reward tension to certain modes. Nailing a hyperspace hurry up with 40x activated is a freaking thrill!

#2228 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I dunno about the upper playfield, have to play it. Why is it Mando's head? Kinda odd choice, but okay.

The way it moves and tilts, may of been better to be a ship
but they probably need to get the mando head in there somehow

#2229 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

1) at least the lower PF on Congo did not take up space on the main PF
2) Congo is a great playing pin despite the lower PF, not because of it.

very good points here

#2230 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:Hes watching now.

I knew I felt a disturbance in the force!

Rob

#2232 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

What would make you buy again a pinball machine? In fact i didn’t understand if you were talking about Stern or pinball in general.

If there was a game I wanted badly enough that I had to have it that would mean it was more important to me than one of the last 3 games I've held on to after culling my collection, I'd simply sell modded Tron or my Metallica LE and "trade in" for it.

In that sense it's not impossible that I'd get a new game again. It's a sunk cost, that's fine. I'm sure I could get enough of either title to pay for a Premium, or close enough that the cash difference would be whatever. The new games just don't excite me enough to do it I guess. Maybe if I get a trade op on an Iron Maiden or something, I'd like to own a game from Elwin at some point I think. No rush.

But pay cash for a new game, at these prices? From anyone, not just Stern? Pass.

It's just pinball. A game in a box. They're very cool, and I still appreciate them and the hobby, but blowing $10k on one isn't remotely appealing. That kind of play money can do so many more things for me. I think this site has become the frog in the boiled water, people think it's normal now. I promise you, people who aren't enabled by their fellow collectors don't think it's normal to spend that money, on a game you've never even seen, let along played, they think it's crazy.

They think it's crazy, and they're not even informed enough to know what a gamble buying a new game is just on the code alone.

You know when I bought my Metallica LE (I would have taken a Prem, didn't find one before the LE came up, wanted the hammer and lighting) ?

After the code was mature. There was a big update when the game became much better, some might recall it, and that's when I found one and bought it. Still have it all these years later, still enjoy it, couldn't care less that I "missed out" on the early code and having it new.

You don't have to have the newest game right away. Your neighbors don't care and aren't impressed. (And if they are, why are you spending all that money to impress your neighbors?)

Anyways, sorry, you asked, so there's the answer. Keep buying these new games folks, the rest of us can't buy them off you used later when the code is done if you don't!

#2233 2 years ago

What a disappointing manifestation of an awesome theme.

#2234 2 years ago

Did stern stop doing their cab built in lighting?

#2235 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's just pinball. A game in a box. They're very cool, and I still appreciate them and the hobby, but blowing $10k on one isn't remotely appealing. That kind of play money can do so many more things for me.

New Pros are still 6Kish, not 10K. Big difference. Also, the amount of things that play money can get you these days is diminishing. Inflation and lack of available product are real issues. What's the current backlog on, say, pool installations, home remodeling, etc? Demand is up and prices on things are not going back down. If you bought a Mando pin today, you could resell it in a couple years and recoup nearly all your money to turn around and spend on other things.

But if you're burnt out, by all means sit out for a while. There's already too much demand for pins these days

#2236 2 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Anyone else notice they have DELETED Cara Dune (Gina Carano) from the game and series.... just ridiculous if you ask me. But that's a whole other story and I can't blame Stern...

This was the first thing I noticed and actively looked for, but I didn't want to derail the thread haha. Obviously not Stern's fault, but I wonder if there is pre-production artwork out there with her on it. At least we know it takes Stern from mid-February until about now to finalize playfields and get production games on the line.

#2237 2 years ago

Let all these people put up their ads... and never forget who they were.

#2238 2 years ago

According to this article, all three versions have a rotating mini playfield and Baby Yoda controls the ball????????? #aintnofactcheckin

https://nerdist.com/article/star-wars-the-mandalorian-pinball-baby-yoda/

#2239 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

GOAT - MM? Why?

#2240 2 years ago

We all know the GOAT.....and his name is LIONMAN!

#2241 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Let all these people put up their ads... and never forget who they were.

That's almost a 45% markup. I'd understand a 10-20% markup, but that's outrageous. We haven't even seen any gameplay to justify the hype around the theme.

#2242 2 years ago

Adding him to my list of pinsiders I will never do any sort of transaction with.

Quoted from PismoArcade:

According to this article, all three versions have a rotating mini playfield and Baby Yoda controls the ball????????? #aintnofactcheckin
https://nerdist.com/article/star-wars-the-mandalorian-pinball-baby-yoda/

Grogu has a magnet in front of him. That is the "control".

#2243 2 years ago

Does only grogu (the game) control the magnet, or will the player be able to tap-activate it similar to Jolly Park's Magnetic House feature to try directing the ball to the lanes they need?

#2244 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Your neighbors don't care and aren't impressed. (And if they are, why are you spending all that money to impress your neighbors?)

Especially, when your neighbor is this guy.

05tvcol-grantorinoSUB-superJumbo (resized).jpg05tvcol-grantorinoSUB-superJumbo (resized).jpg
#2245 2 years ago

I don’t get all the trash talking of the design and people who worked tons of hours to make this pin. I do not personally know Dwight. However, I’ve watched him in game reveals and interviews. The man clearly loves what he does. He’s always trying to do something fun and interesting. I personally love his code on TMNT and Star Wars. They’re shallow enough to keep visitors engaged and deep enough to keep the pinheads coming back for more. I’m really happy to have MNDLN in my collection. I cannot wait til it gets here. (Munsters code is great for the 50-70 year old people who grew up with the TV show)

As someone whose worked in industry, I understand the cost vs benefit ratio. Stern knows how to make a fun and interesting game. They have to stretch the dollar on licenses like this. Do you know what it’s like to pay a union labor force in a market like Illinois, through Covid? They didn’t increase prices and are they’re giving us a packed pro and premium/le.

Some of you dudes are the biggest bunch of old school whiners with no clue on how business and economics work. Maybe we need a new pinball forum for everyone who hates everything since 1998 to go and hang out on.

Seriously, go cry somewhere else. Stop sh****ng on the hard work from all these guys up in Chicago.

Great job Stern folk on putting out another really awesome title. My 3 and 12 year old kids can’t wait to play this. My father and father in law who are pushing 70 can’t wait to play this. I cannot wait to play this. I hope it makes you guys a solid profit. Please continue to release titles that bring younger people into the hobby and keep the older ones engaged as well.

Edit:
PS. I literally just got done playing a wonderfully restored Shaddow, five minutes ago. There is no way original Shaddow holds itself up to a modern stern title.

#2246 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If there was a game I wanted badly enough that I had to have it that would mean it was more important to me than one of the last 3 games I've held on to after culling my collection, I'd simply sell modded Tron or my Metallica LE and "trade in" for it.
In that sense it's not impossible that I'd get a new game again. It's a sunk cost, that's fine. I'm sure I could get enough of either title to pay for a Premium, or close enough that the cash difference would be whatever. The new games just don't excite me enough to do it I guess. Maybe if I get a trade op on an Iron Maiden or something, I'd like to own a game from Elwin at some point I think. No rush.
But pay cash for a new game, at these prices? From anyone, not just Stern? Pass.
It's just pinball. A game in a box. They're very cool, and I still appreciate them and the hobby, but blowing $10k on one isn't remotely appealing. That kind of play money can do so many more things for me. I think this site has become the frog in the boiled water, people think it's normal now. I promise you, people who aren't enabled by their fellow collectors don't think it's normal to spend that money, on a game you've never even seen, let along played, they think it's crazy.
They think it's crazy, and they're not even informed enough to know what a gamble buying a new game is just on the code alone.
You know when I bought my Metallica LE (I would have taken a Prem, didn't find one before the LE came up, wanted the hammer and lighting) ?
After the code was mature. There was a big update when the game became much better, some might recall it, and that's when I found one and bought it. Still have it all these years later, still enjoy it, couldn't care less that I "missed out" on the early code and having it new.
You don't have to have the newest game right away. Your neighbors don't care and aren't impressed. (And if they are, why are you spending all that money to impress your neighbors?)
Anyways, sorry, you asked, so there's the answer. Keep buying these new games folks, the rest of us can't buy them off you used later when the code is done if you don't!

Stern and other manufacturers don’t need pinside to make their price list.
Already sold out...without any pics or videos? I assume they have a bright future ahead of them.
Prices shouldn’t decrease for sure.
However, i don’t buy a pin to impress anyone, just for my pleasure.

#2247 2 years ago
Quoted from DerezzedKnight:

That's almost a 45% markup. I'd understand a 10-20% markup, but that's outrageous. We haven't even seen any gameplay to justify the hype around the theme.

But that’s the point! Once Jack Danger streams it the rose-colored glasses come off and it becomes clear that it’s just like any other game. Fun, but nothing special.

There will be much less FOMO and that 45% will drop. If I were flipping this game I’d get it done before the first stream for sure.

#2248 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

No, it’s part of the main[quoted image]

So, basically this is like the Battlefield minus everything that's cool (drop targets, unique opto-controlled paddle).

#2249 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

embarrassed this idiot is from Nashville

Take heart, given the significant growth in the area the odds are good that he is a transplant from somewhere else!

#2250 2 years ago
Quoted from tr8785:

As someone whose worked in industry, I understand the cost vs benefit ratio. Stern knows how to make a fun and interesting game. They have to stretch the dollar on licenses like this. Do you know what it’s like to pay a union labor force in a market like Illinois, through Covid? .

I generally agree with your post but...union labor force? It's not 1977 and I'm pretty sure there's no union workers at Stern.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lansing, KS
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Northfield, MN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 19.95
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/45?hl=alex_m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.