(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 160 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 153.
#2101 2 years ago

There's full assets in the game. Full video, character voices as well. There's also storyboards with animations to sync up with modes etc.

Quoted from seenev:

There's certainly a lot of video clips from the show in the promo videos. They must have video assets... Though it might be a POTC situation.

#2102 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Can't argue with Stern's business model.
LE's sold out before reveal. ( $ 6, 750, 000 )
Day 1 - a ton of premiums and pro's sold.
In a matter of weeks, games in homes.
Competitors, are you watching how it's done!

LE number depends on the cost they sell games to distributors, but point taken.

#2103 2 years ago

Anyone else notice they have DELETED Cara Dune (Gina Carano) from the game and series.... just ridiculous if you ask me. But that's a whole other story and I can't blame Stern...

gina_carano_1200.0 (resized).jpggina_carano_1200.0 (resized).jpg
#2104 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

There's full assets in the game. Full video, character voices as well. There's also storyboards with animations to sync up with modes etc.

Music too?

#2105 2 years ago

Exclusive custom speech performed by actor Carl Weathers who plays Greef Karga

Iconic theme song and music by Ludwig Göransson instantly transports players into the world of The Mandalorian

Immersive video and audio assets from seasons 1 and 2 of The Mandalorian

#2106 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

That wireform to replace the plastic ramp would be pretty easy to make. I may have to look into it.

You can likely just buy the premium wireforms and use them. Looks like the plastic entrances are the same for both models.

#2107 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Besides Lyman being number 1 Dwight is my favorite coder easily. Starting with Junkyard for me hes been great. GOT is my all time favorite coded game hes done followed by GB and SW closely. TMNT is really good to. Munsters he did what he was told to do so if he was told to make a simple game he did that great to cause that is a simple code. He is the master of moments. I dont fear DW on code ever!

Same. He did the code for Stern Potc that was a simpler time but it’s good to me. I’d love to own GoT or GB, I love SW with the shot multipliers and the various character bonus. He’s really good imo. I’m glad it wasn’t Lonny.

#2108 2 years ago

Wait a minute.

So Grogu figure won't be able tp levitate game off the ground.. argh! cheap stern, very cheap.

#2109 2 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Anyone else notice they have DELETED Cara Dune (Gina Carano) from the game and series.... just ridiculous if you ask me. But that's a whole other story and I can't blame Stern... [quoted image]

Nobody noticed this. Good eye!!!!!

#2110 2 years ago

CrazyLevi , you never miss one or disappoint!

I LOL'd at that last post!

#2111 2 years ago

Pathetic they got rid of Cara Dune. Who is making the new back glass (needs to be LE nice)? I’m supporting/investing.

#2112 2 years ago

Got my order in on a pro. I wonder when we will get the Jack Danger, Deadflip stream so we can all see some gameplay? DeadFlip any updates on when you think you'll be streaming?

#2113 2 years ago

May 21st for the livestream.

#2114 2 years ago

My initial impression was lackluster, but the more I look at the videos it could be a fun time. I'll wait to play it to have an actual impression.

Quoted from Khabbi:

Anyone else notice they have DELETED Cara Dune (Gina Carano) from the game and series.... just ridiculous if you ask me. But that's a whole other story and I can't blame Stern...

Last I heard they are backtracking and not black balling Gina Carano like they first were doing, but I don't really obsess about this stuff so I am not sure.

#2115 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nobody noticed this. Good eye!!!!!

People should learn to dissociate characters from actors.. they could have kept Cara Dune and the actor's features, she won't play it again anytime soon anyway..

#2116 2 years ago

Yes. They have the theme and music from the show. The assets will be complete, I just hope they use everything well, but listening to the interview with the sound, art, and technical directors etc. right now.

#2117 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Pathetic they got rid of Cara Dune. Who is making the new back glass (needs to be LE nice)? I’m supporting/investing.

Cara Dune so thick they could only include her in the game if they switched to a wide body.

#2118 2 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Anyone else notice they have DELETED Cara Dune (Gina Carano) from the game and series.... just ridiculous if you ask me. But that's a whole other story and I can't blame Stern... [quoted image]

Oh my god this is the first time I have noticed and no one has ever brought this up before or after the reveal!

#2119 2 years ago
Quoted from Uberlit:

Cara Dune so thick they could only include her in the game if they switched to a wide body.

Would be the SC version for Super Curvy. I think she would kick every single guys ass on here, id let her put get me in the north south position and transition into a triangle choke anyday!

#2120 2 years ago
Quoted from Uberlit:

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg
#2121 2 years ago
Quoted from Uberlit:

And this matters? It's just a character..!

#2122 2 years ago

I laughed when I watched the stern premium video and they highlighted a spinner as a “highlight feature”. I sure hope those exciting roll over lanes and stand up targets are there too!! I just checked, YEP!! Thank the baby yoda for such awesomeness!!

#2123 2 years ago

Has it been confirmed if Cara Dune is in the game?

#2124 2 years ago

what did the chick do to get banned from the show?

#2125 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Shared an opinion on social media.

#2126 2 years ago

I like that theres 5 rollover lanes. Reminds me of Williams Indy. I miss that on newer Sterns with only 3 lanes or even TMNT at only 2 which really suck.

#2127 2 years ago

In a way, it's sort of like we got BTTF...

Mando (resized).pngMando (resized).png
#2128 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Google it, save the moderator some work!

#2129 2 years ago

Man it would be nice if Gina Carano could be erased from this thread. I couldn't care less what she said or what she believes. She is just so dumb and insignificant I don't understand why anyone would care either way.

#2130 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Google it, save the moderator some work!

Edit- (i see you unquoted me now)Not sure why you quoted me. I know why she got the boot but i still respect her as a person(anybody that steps into cage i respect) and liked her character on the show so it is what it is. Ive followed her since Strikeforce.

#2131 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Has it been confirmed if Cara Dune is in the game?

There's a pop-up Gina Head bash toy that raies up from the center of the playfield... the more you bash her, the more she is removed from the game...

#2132 2 years ago

If there is one thing I am getting out of this reveal its that I am sick of everyone and their Mom saying "This is the way" and also using the term "Packed". I miss the LZ days when everyone complained how "Bare" it was. Stick a doll in the corner and ship on a target and now we are PACKING baby! This is the way....it ought to be.

#2133 2 years ago

Didn't anyone read the TWIP article? Full breakdown of the rules design. Some impressions:

1) 18 RGB inserts for shot indicators & RGB GI lighting for specific mode & effects --- That's perfect & all you need. I personally can't stand color puked lighting rails & so much color on some titles that you can't even tell where to shoot the ball.

2) The best feature of the Prem/LE is the dynamic inner loop U-Turn ramp. I love this design & the multiple ways the ball can go. That's going to be a lot of fun to shoot repeatedly.

3) Will be interesting to see how the Mini tilting playfield is coded. Does it start flat & get steeper & harder with each level? Can you unlock equipment in the foundry to light the apron button, giving the player the option to make it flat & easier for a few seconds? For anyone who's played Banzai Run, you know vertical shots are not easy. I think this could be the best use of a mini playfield in years.

4) I like the Scope shot feature. Shoot the lit blue arrows for big jackpots. I can see the disintigration clips on the LCD already.

There's a lot going on with the rules & modes. The playfield is packed, even on the pro. The art is outstanding. This looks like a winner all around. As a guy who owns his own Stormtrooper suit, I'm very excited to play it myself

#2134 2 years ago

Crud, I need to wait for more gameplay videos.

I need to see how often the Grogu magnet engages on the left orbit. One of my favorite shots in pinball is a left orbit that comes back to the right flipper. (Whether it loops like in Iron Man or Star Wars or enters a ramp like Stranger Things or ToM). If the Grogu magnet catches the left orbit shots I would go for a Pro. (it looks like it does for the right orbit, which appears to feed that area anyways) I am ok with diverting sometimes (again like in Star Wars) but I am not ok if it diverts most of the time (Spiderman)

#2135 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Didn't anyone read the TWIP article? Full breakdown of the rules design. Some impressions:
1) 18 RGB inserts for shot indicators & RGB GI lighting for specific mode & effects --- That's perfect & all you need. I personally can't stand color puked lighting rails & so much color on some titles that you can't even tell where to shoot the ball.
2) The best feature of the Prem/LE is the dynamic inner loop U-Turn ramp. I love this design & the multiple ways the ball can go. That's going to be a lot of fun to shoot repeatedly.
3) Will be interesting to see how the Mini tilting playfield is coded. Does it start flat & get steeper & harder with each level? Can you unlock equipment in the foundry to light the apron button, giving the player the option to make it flat & easier for a few seconds? For anyone who's played Banzai Run, you know vertical shots are not easy. I think this could be the best use of a mini playfield in years.
4) I like the Scope shot feature. Shoot the lit blue arrows for big jackpots. I can see the disintigration clips on the LCD already.
There's a lot going on with the rules & modes. The playfield is packed, even on the pro. The art is outstanding. This looks like a winner all around. As a guy who owns his own Stormtrooper suit, I'm very excited to play it myself

Well said and totally agree on all points!

#2136 2 years ago

I'm not passing judgement on this machine until I watch Corey Hardy's review.

#2137 2 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

zzzzzzzz. another star wars game and another cookie cutter stern with enough criss-cross ramps and polypropylene action figure dolls to mask the standard fan layout. I'm sure i'll get a lot of love for this opinion lol...

Hmm I actually think its quite unique

#2138 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Well said and totally agree on all points!

Another thing is that the pro mini playfield doesn't tilt, but there's also only one flipper. There's a big open gap there. So it's going to be harder to keep the ball up there when it's buncing around. It's going to drop out & your going to have to keep putting it back up there via the ramp. Different & equally effective IMO.

#2139 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Mando just doesn't have that world under glass feeling in my opinion. First off there's the giant Baby Yoda doll that does nothing and seems just placed to say "HEY HERE'S BABY YODA" to sell games. Baby Yoda is supposed to be small but is larger then the ship and Mando's helmet on the playfield? Second there's the drop down target from the ship which honestly looks ugly and almost as large as the ship. Third, the upper mini playfield represents what from the show? Mando himself doesn't have a bunch of LED's lit on his helmet. Also, just hitting standup targets is going to get old very quick in that mini playfield.
Look at Ghostbusters. There's a subway track that drops into an subway, the Ecto Goggles toy, and slimer moving. With TMNT there's a spinning disk that looks like a pizza, a van that drops ball outs, a divertor molded like a glider. In JP there's the whole raptor pen area and the t-rex that eats the pinball. Mando has nothing like those items, no feature really stands out as an interactive toy representing something from the theme. The razer crest is an awesome ship but it doesn't have an awkward large target hanging off of it.

Don't often agree with Panzer, but I do here.

Not sure what to make of that.

#2140 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Edit- (i see you unquoted me now)Not sure why you quoted me. I know why she got the boot but i still respect her as a person(anybody that steps into cage i respect) and liked her character on the show so it is what it is. Ive followed her since Strikeforce.

I quoted you by mistake, lol, I actually wanted to reply that I sure wouldn't mind a gentle choke myself, and yeah, she could kick some asses over here.

Thing is, she played a character. Fictional. The actor views and opinions, wrong as they were, should NOT affect a character she played.

And now, because of this collective woke attitude, we're missing out on Cara Dune, the Mandalorian though gal that had a soft spot for Grogu!

#2141 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

This looks like a winner all around. As a guy who owns his own Stormtrooper suit, I'm very excited to play it myself

What costs more, Mando pinball or a Stormtrooper suit?

#2142 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

DE Star Wars had an R2D2 that did a bunch of nothing but move up and down... but it at least moved.

Jumped up and down, head turns and had voice.

#2143 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

What costs more, Mando pinball or a Stormtrooper suit?

Ha Mando pinball for sure.

#2144 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I quoted you by mistake, lol, I actually wanted to reply that I sure wouldn't mind a gentle choke myself, and yeah, she could kick some asses over here.
Thing is, she played a character. Fictional. The actor views and opinions, wrong as they were, should NOT affect a character she played.
And now, because of this collective woke attitude, we're missing out on Cara Dune, the Mandalorian though gal that had a soft spot for Grogu!

No worries man i figured you didnt mean to quote me. I was surprised when i seen how large and in charge she became over the years, she has a power lifter look to her now compared to her 145lb fighting days, lol!

#2145 2 years ago

My interest is piqued after watching the premium/LE features video. Not sure if it fits in my small collection, but would be promising if I had space for a large number of pins. Can’t wait to watch some pinball streams and play this on location!

#2146 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Can we please stop saying Yoda? His name is Grogu.

GROGU (resized).jpgGROGU (resized).jpg
#2147 2 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

I'm not passing judgement on this machine until I watch Corey Hardy's review.

Casey Handy is my go to for overstating the obvious.

#2148 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah. Trashing new games here is always super unpopular and nobody ever does it!
You're a rebel!

depends if the manufacturer is in the states or not

#2149 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

My interest is piqued after watching the premium/LE features video. Not sure if it fits in my small collection, but would be promising if I had space for a large number of pins. Can’t wait to watch some pinball streams and play this on location!

Agreed, I already have a GoT Premium and a Shadow, so I'm not looking at a second playfield. But my girlfriend looked at the vid, and went "that looks so fun to play!" Sometimes, we crazed pinballs and arcades guys need to be reminded that it's just fun stuff, and should care less about Grogu's size!!

#2150 2 years ago

It does look like a fun layout, and the LE looks like the best art package. I'm sure the Pro will be fun too.
I generally loathe mini playfields, but the fact it can be raised at a steeper angle actually makes it more intriguing for me. And as far as bonus flips go, I think the Pro might be better in that regard, with the one flipper making it more exciting.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 22.95
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Cruces, NM
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/43?hl=beegeemtl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.