(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,620 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by brzezicki
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg
5.42 Mandalorian Manual (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 153.
#2001 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

687 new posts since my yesterday last visit... i suspect new back to the future pinball has been anounced

unnamed.gifunnamed.gif
#2002 2 years ago

Center shot is a “ramp” that drops the ball to the left orbit

#2003 2 years ago

I'm going to take a pass on this one. Unfortunately, they did what I feared they would do. Stuff a giant Gorgu doll in there. Just not feeling. Maybe (a big maybe) later down the road, if the code just knocks my socks off, I might pick up a pro.

#2004 2 years ago

YES! They got Luke featured on the sling!!! Nice!

#2005 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There are two main ramps. The left one has a diverter.
The right one always goes to right flipper.
On the premium there’s a third turn around ramp that feeds a wireform that goes to the left flipper for repeated shots during ambush modes.

You may be right, but it looks like 4 to me.

The one on the far left. The one in back near baby Yoda. The half pipe ramp, and then the shot right beside it looks like a ramp.

#2006 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Im ok with that mini Upper PF but I hope the ball isnt there all the time like BK SoR.

What's nice is that there is a diverter on the ramp so the ball doesnt have to go through the upper playfield. Thats what BKSOR is missing. So if the code calls for it, send the ball up there. And if it's spending too much time up there, the code can be adjusted for it. In theory at least.

#2007 2 years ago

I might grab a used pro on this one someday. It doesn't scream BUY BUY BUY to me. Dwight on code is worrying too.

#2008 2 years ago
Quoted from deeznuts:

.....nevermind, on with my day

Bye!

#2009 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There are two main ramps. The left one has a diverter.
The right one always goes to right flipper.
On the premium there’s a third turn around ramp that feeds a wireform that goes to the left flipper for repeated shots during ambush modes.

There is a center ramp that gets around grogu, the ball falls in left orbit, correct or am i wrong?

#2010 2 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Irrespective of your thoughts one way or the other on Gina Carano, I can't believe people are honestly surprised that she isn't included. She is persona non grata as far as Disney is concerned.

It's just political trolling - ignore it

#2011 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

There is a center ramp that gets around grogu, the ball falls in left orbit, correct or am i wrong?

wrong.

#2012 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Dwight on code is worrying too.

No worries, all models include a flip-down Mando welding helmet for the light shows.

#2013 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

You may be right, but it looks like 4 to me.
The one on the far left. The one in back near baby Yoda. The half pipe ramp, and then the shot right beside it looks like a ramp.

Far left is just an orbit.

#2014 2 years ago

For those complaining that Grogu doesn’t do anything, he does do exactly what he’s supposed to do, which is, make people put quarters in the machine. He will be very very good at his job.

#2015 2 years ago

Is this post at the bottom of the mini playfield?

I wish this playfield was more like Shadow's where you could hit drops, and then shoot a center shot off the playfield.

Stern could have kept all the standups, but had something like one controlled target that when qualified dropped down and opened a shot. To me, that little tweak would make a huge difference.

4EA9119C-6659-4C05-B5B5-CFA6520D2FB4 (resized).jpeg4EA9119C-6659-4C05-B5B5-CFA6520D2FB4 (resized).jpeg
#2016 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Far left is just an orbit.

center shot drops the ball on the orbit form above.

#2017 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

For those complaining that Grogu doesn’t do anything, he does do exactly what he’s supposed to do, which is, make people put quarters in the machine. He will be very very good at his job.

Yeah plus u can dress him up for Christmas maybe a Halloween costume to keep up the holiday cheer , even a turkey outfit for thanksgiving ! Do I hear thousand dollar mod collectibles !?

I guess they could have made him turn his head like tspp but that would be cheese

#2018 2 years ago

Does anyone else feel like the mando helmet mini playfield is a lazy concept? That's the thing I keep looking at and wondering why they couldn't come up with a better idea.

#2019 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yup. Reusing an already designed part is definitely a thing, though. BM66 right ramp was used for both Deadpool ramps, I assume due to the post-Trudeau redesign time crunch.

Oh sure, reusing a prior DESIGN is a smart thing to do; no reason to go to the expense of reinventing the wheel if it is not necessary.

What Levi (I think) and I are referring to is the claim that they would rely on old stocks of surplus parts. I just cannot imagine them doing so for a title that is intended to be part of their regular production, due to the reasons in my prior post. Also, I am sure they make considerable efforts to tightly control the parts supply and scale it to production demands so as to avoid wasting $$ buying unnecessary parts and subsequently inventorying them. I could maybe see them doing this for a limited-run boutique/bespoke title.

#2020 2 years ago

Correct. The ball goes past that swinging razorcrest target to a small ramp that feeds left and falls into the left orbit coming back toward the player. I believe there is also a diverter on that center "ramp" to diverter to the Grogu rollover lanes.

#2021 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

center shot drops the ball on the orbit form above.

So it is a ramp, isn’t it?

#2022 2 years ago

chuckwurt

You may be right, but this looks like 4.

B76695D6-307B-49AE-A543-44D551BADA39 (resized).jpegB76695D6-307B-49AE-A543-44D551BADA39 (resized).jpeg
#2023 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Correct. The ball goes past that swinging razorcrest target to a small ramp that feeds left and falls into the left orbit coming back toward the player. I believe there is also a diverter on that center "ramp" to diverter to the Grogu rollover lanes.

We can see clearly the entrance on the pic posted by @rockytop

But i think right orbit feeds grogu rollover lanes

#2024 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Like.. what do spinners and stationary targets on the POTC ship represent from the theme? Pirate ships don't have spinners or lights on their deck, it just looks wierd. POTC ship must not be fun either...

No spinners or lights?!?! Well that sounds dull... You've been sailing on the wrong pirate my friend...

#2025 2 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Irrespective of your thoughts one way or the other on Gina Carano, I can't believe people are honestly surprised that she isn't included. She is persona non grata as far as Disney is concerned.
I'd be surprised if there isn't an insert with her character's name on though.

Except that Disney is now promoting her for Emmy or one those awards....

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2026 2 years ago
Quoted from scooter75:

No where to be found.
[quoted image]

And for good reason!

#2027 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Correct, this will be a great re-open pin for some operators. But I wouldn’t want to look in those kids faces when they figure out that thing does absolutely nothing..

Somebody remind me, what does the gravity Mando head have to do with the show? It would have been cool if Boba’s cockpit, but Mando’s head? If the helmet came off and we had to play on that dudes face, that would have been apt. But bunch of targets around Mando’s head??

#2028 2 years ago
Quoted from Thermionic:

What Levi (I think) and I are referring to is the claim that they would rely on old stocks of surplus parts.

It's a familiar, tired trope around here. Pretend a game that you think didn't sell well (munsters in this case) was such a disaster that they just have tons of Herman magnets laying around and this dictated the design of Mandalorian.

It accomplishes two things - gets in a dig at Stern for their disastrous failure of Munsters, and makes the poster seem smug/smart for bringing up the genius conclusion that old parts are being used in a new pinball machine.

In reality, Munsters sold just fine, and this is total nonsense, and for point two, only the rubiest of noobs is impressed by this "logic."

This isn't how Stern makes pinball machines. If it were, wouldn't we have had three straight pinball machines that "used up" all the parts from WWE?

It's just total nonsense. Not how it works.

#2029 2 years ago

To anyone who walks up to this pin, a pin enthusiast, or someone who doesn't know a thing about pinball, what is the first thing that you notice when you look at this pin? What stands out the most? Baby Yoda (Grogu). What does it do, nothing. That is the biggest downfall to this pin. As of right now, we know it doesn't move it's arm, blink it's eyes, or move it's mouth. To me that seems like an awful waste. Stern had a prime opportunity to do something cool with it.

#2030 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

this ones a turd IMO

You must be very familar with them

#2031 2 years ago

I guess I’m in the minority, but the rotating mini playfield could be fun as hell!

Maybe in one encounter there are three stages and each one gets progressively steeper. And in another they playfield is just randomly moving around. And in another it’s just quickly “sniping” a single target in less than five seconds and you’re out.

If they’re like a mini hurry-up modes that you aren’t forced into all the time it could be a really fun feature.

#2032 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

No worries, all models include a flip-down Mando welding helmet for the light shows.

I love bright lights, what I don't like is that his code tends to be score focused more than mode progression.

#2033 2 years ago

Technically yes. But for me, I wouldnt exactly count it the same as the left, right and the 180 degree (prem) ramp.

We can see clearly the entrance on the pic posted by Rockytop

Yep.

#2034 2 years ago

si

#2035 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I'm going to take a pass on this one. Unfortunately, they did what I feared they would do. Stuff a giant Gorgu doll in there. Just not feeling. Maybe (a big maybe) later down the road, if the code just knocks my socks off, I might pick up a pro.

It's a definite step up from the previous Star Wars effort, that can at least be said despite no Grogu animatronics or direct ball interaction.

#2036 2 years ago

Grogu magnet seems weird to me. Thoughts?

#2037 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

chuckwurt
You may be right, but this looks like 4.
[quoted image]

I have no idea why there’s a ramp flap there, but I believe that just feeds the top lanes/magnet.

#2038 2 years ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

To anyone who walks up to this pin, a pin enthusiast, or someone who doesn't know a thing about pinball, what is the first thing that you notice when you look at this pin? What stands out the most? Baby Yoda (Grogu). What does it do, nothing. That is the biggest downfall to this pin. As of right now, we know it doesn't move it's arm, blink it's eyes, or move it's mouth. To me that seems like an awful waste. Stern had a prime opportunity to do something cool with it.

Probably wanted to keep the cost down on what it could cost to have all that in there, but I agree with your sentiment. Then again JP Premium has an interactive T-Rex so.....

#2039 2 years ago

Grogu looks better than the infinity gauntlet and Ninja turtles code wasn't that bad the issue with tmnt is the layout is piss hard which makes the code a chore.

#2040 2 years ago

I will take a cool rotating upper playfield over a boring one shot GNR version

#2041 2 years ago

Grogu magnet seems weird to me. Thoughts?

It seems pointless, I think that is why as a pin the Pro seems like a good bet. I don't think either of the major features the magnet or the tilting mini playfield will be missed. To be honest I think the one flipper playfield looks more interesting and skillful. The dual flipper version looks like you can just mash away both flippers and get it done.

#2042 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have no idea why there’s a ramp flap there, but I believe that just feeds the top lanes/magnet.

To be honest i don’t understand how it « flows » in the child lanes. Where balls fall?

#2043 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

what I don't like is that his code tends to be score focused more than mode progression.

I think it's both? I mean you can completely ignore SW multipliers and play to "finish the game." You can ignore GOT multipliers and go for iron throne. Last time I played GOT I chose the blue house to reach iron throne easier, completely ignored score, almost beat the game and got like five bil.

I just hate the seizure light shows on TMNT, GOT, GB, etc.

#2044 2 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

and we had to play on that dudes face, that would have been apt. Mando’s head??

That's funny right there!

#2045 2 years ago

To be honest i don’t understand how it « flows » in the child lanes. Where balls fall?

It goes up the center ramp and then falls down to the PF next to the C lane.

The Baby Yoda area just looks like some rubbers in increase ball play with the magnet that seems opto based.

#2046 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I agree on where it feeds, but i think it loops over the orbit back there to allow full orbit shots from the far right and left orbits. So maybe it's an inner orbit/ramp...should give some nice speed coming back down when not grabbed bu the magnet

#2047 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Saw this in the feature matrix :
CPU mounted line-out audio connector for external amplification
finally! I wish all pinball machines had a line out in the back of the cab like WOZ

This is not new. Also not a 3.5mm audio jack. Just a 3 pin connector they have head for years for the headphone kit.

#2048 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Has anyone notice the similar head tilt between these two guys or is it me?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Did you make this connection from memory? If so, impressive and scary.

#2049 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Technically yes. But for me, I wouldnt exactly count it the same as the left, right and the 180 degree (prem) ramp.

Yep.

It seems to get a physical lock at the end of the ramp before falling down to the left orbit, correct?

#2050 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I think it's both? I mean you can completely ignore SW multipliers and play to "finish the game." You can ignore GOT multipliers and go for iron throne. Last time I played GOT I chose the blue house to reach iron throne easier, completely ignored score, almost beat the game and got like five bil.
I just hate the seizure light shows on TMNT, GOT, GB, etc.

He's not a terrible coder, but is hit or miss terribly. LotR, TSPP, GB.....all great games. GoT, Munsters, TMNT, SW....all my least favorite from Stern. It's all subjective of course, but that's why I need to play anything he makes before buying.
'
EDIT: It was pointed out he didn't make LotR and TSPP, less impressive resume than I thought.....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Cruces, NM
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com
Backbox
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, MA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona
Pinball Machine
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/41?hl=mrawesome44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.