(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 153.
#151 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

They already did this with Jurassic Park.

They charged extra for a code update?

#152 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

They charged extra for a code update?

Well, there's a terrible but unique mode that is only unlocked if you have the Stern JP topper.

#153 2 years ago

all baby yoda art package.
No other characters, 100% baby yoda.

Special wizard mode featuring baby boba fett

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Wow so looks like this IS NOT the theme people want going by the poll - very interesting.

I’m 47 and grew up on Star Wars. I love Star Wars, but the original Trilogy. I don’t have the same love for anything past that. In fact, I’ve never even watched the Madolorian. That’s not to say it isn’t great. It’s just that I bet a lot of buyers that are of my vintage (which are most buyers) feel the same. Life is busy and that’s the reason for the existence of nostalgia. You can reminisce without having to put in any effort. You just can’t pay attention to everything with jobs and kids and lives like you used to be able to do.

#155 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Code/rules come very late in a game’s production. You can make any rules and content once a physical design is done...usually inserts are vague enough to go along with any rules you want to create. The game will have both seasons worth of content/story.

That's great to hear about it having both seasons, I sure hope so! Kaneda said he thinks the game will be based on season 1, not season 2...However, he also said that (spoilers) a model of Slave 1, Bobba Fett's ship is in the game which doesn't make any sense if the pin is based just on season 1 as Slave 1 doesn't appear until season 2.

Now I'm imaging a mode with this scene and sound affects in it. Yup, take my money lol.

#156 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Kaneda has said he thinks the game will be based on season 1, not season 2

He's wrong.

Quoted from Krupps4:

I’m 47 and grew up on Star Wars. I love Star Wars, but the original Trilogy. I don’t have the same love for anything past that. In fact, I’ve never even watched the Madolorian.

If you love the original Trilogy, ignoring Mando is truly your loss. I bet you'd really enjoy it. Give it a go.

Quoted from Krupps4:

It’s just that I bet a lot of buyers that are of my vintage (which are most buyers) feel the same.

Don't project your experience onto others...Mando is huge, fans of old school SW love it. Kids love it. Families are enjoy it together.

#157 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

He's wrong.

If you love the original Trilogy, ignoring Mando is truly your loss. I bet you'd really enjoy it. Give it a go.

Don't project your experience onto others...Mando is huge, fans of old school SW love it. Kids love it. Families are enjoy it together.

It really is a huge IP. Baby Yoda/the child was full on meme status along with "this is the way". The show has some really great moments, music, casting, etc. It has a "feel" that is the closest thing to the original trilogy out of pretty much anything else released in film or tv type content.

#158 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

It really is a huge IP. Baby Yoda/the child was full on meme status along with "this is the way". The show has some really great moments, music, casting, etc. It has a "feel" that is the closest thing to the original trilogy out of pretty much anything else released in film or tv type content.

Agree! I know what you mean by having that original trilogy feel.. The time period it is set in is also very interesting. The Empire has been defeated, the new Republic has control, you know Luke, Han, and Leia are out there and best of all none of the stupid crap from the new trilogy has occurred yet.

#159 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Agree! I know what you mean by having that original trilogy feel.. The time period it is set in is also very interesting. The Empire has been defeated, the new Republic has control, you know Luke, Han, and Leia are out there and best of all none of the stupid crap from the new trilogy has occurred yet.

I would love to see some Thrawn material on the screen too. I know he had a few spots on the animated stuff, but the books for him are great. One of my favorite characters. New book just dropped today too!

#160 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The one thing that would be a deal breaker for me is if the game is only based on the first season. The first season is good but the second season heavily expands on the show and has far bigger moments in it. The fist two seasons feel like they can represent a beginning, middle, and end for the story even though more seasons are coming. Just the first season though? No way, that's really just the beginning of the story. The second season is just so damn good.
The second season came out just last October, that doesn't really sound like enough time to have the 2nd season represented in the game but who knows. I don't see Disney giving Stern details about the second season months prior but who knows.

It wouldn’t be a deal breaker for me, but I can’t imaging them not having season 2 in there. I realize the show isn’t over, but after season 2, it feels very complete.

#161 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Now I'm imaging a mode with this scene and sound affects in it. Yup, take my money lol.

Man watching that and remembering some of the episodes this is gonna be pretty great. I know many didn't like SW's due the lack of stuff but the code is amazing if they can capture that with access to all the material and a loaded PF done properly? Its gonna look nice next to my SW's.

#162 2 years ago

Well, I have never done this before...committing to buying a game without having seen it much less played it. But, I really like all of the Sterns in my collection and my intuition tells me that this one is worth taking the chance so I am now in on an LE. If I am wrong, watch for my PINSIDE ad, lol.

#163 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Well, I have never done this before...committing to buying a game without having seen it much...

last (and first !!!) time i've done this was for TRON LE... was finally a very good experience

#164 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Well, I have never done this before...committing to buying a game without having seen it much less played it. But, I really like all of the Sterns in my collection and my intuition tells me that this one is worth taking the chance so I am now in on an LE. If I am wrong, watch for my PINSIDE ad, lol.

I’m in the same boat man! I’m all in on an LE sight unseen. F it. You only live once, right?

#165 2 years ago

Absolutely. Go for the gusto and be ready if there is another lockdown.

#166 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

all baby yoda art package.
No other characters, 100% baby yoda.
Special wizard mode featuring baby boba fett

Grogu-Fett-Full (resized).jpgGrogu-Fett-Full (resized).jpg
#167 2 years ago

Just started to watch this show with my wife. Loving it so far. Excited to see what Stern does with it!

#168 2 years ago

Enjoy! It’s really good. I’m about to run through it again.

#169 2 years ago

Man DeLorean

delorean (resized).jpgdelorean (resized).jpg
#170 2 years ago

I hope Kaneda is wrong about the spaceship going to be the Slave 1. C'mon, as much as I love Boba and his ship it's gotta be the Razorcrest.

That being said, wouldn't it be cool if somehow Stern puts in a mode when Boba releases the seismic charge bomb from the back of his ship? Hit a scoop with a video playing Boba releasing the bomb, the pin goes dark and silent and when it explodes we get a light show with a multiball!

Sorry, I just had a nerdgasm. Getting a napkin now.

#171 2 years ago

Anyone else kinda hoping that the pro doesn’t have the upper playfield?

#172 2 years ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

Anyone else kinda hoping that the pro doesn’t have the upper playfield?

You shouldn’t have any worries

#173 2 years ago

I was hoping the razor crest itself was the upper playfield. Like he said hit something to bring down the ramp, then be able to get up to Upper playfield. I like upper playfields/mini playfields i just dont want to be there ALL the time like on swords of fury. I didnt mind it on BK SOR.

#174 2 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I hope Kaneda is wrong about the spaceship going to be the Slave 1. C'mon, as much as I love Boba and his ship it's gotta be the Razorcrest.
That being said, wouldn't it be cool if somehow Stern puts in a mode when Boba releases the seismic charge bomb from the back of his ship? Hit a scoop with a video playing Boba releasing the bomb, the pin goes dark and silent and when it explodes we get a light show with a multiball!

Cool idea! > and shaker going crazy during the explosion!

#175 2 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Oh yeah! There's some awesome ideas there.

I can see the Slave 1 seismic charge being dropped, the playfield going dark briefly and then once its denoted an insane light show going off that starts spreading out from the center of playfield with the explosion sound playing. That's a must!

Thanks for the petty downvotes Thunderbird, sad lol.

#176 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I’m 47 and grew up on Star Wars. I love Star Wars, but the original Trilogy. I don’t have the same love for anything past that. In fact, I’ve never even watched the Madolorian. That’s not to say it isn’t great. It’s just that I bet a lot of buyers that are of my vintage (which are most buyers) feel the same. Life is busy and that’s the reason for the existence of nostalgia. You can reminisce without having to put in any effort. You just can’t pay attention to everything with jobs and kids and lives like you used to be able to do.

I am your age and I have to say that The Mandalorian redeemed the Star Wars franchise for me - it really is a very good show. If the pin is good it will be hard for me to pass. If the pin is not good, than no theme can carry it.

#177 2 years ago

I liked force awakens (only good SW thing since 83) but Mandalorian changed the game. Episodic TV is the way to go, which is why I had a ton of fun with 2 Marvel shows full of characters I couldn't give a shit aboot from movies I feel the same way.

#178 2 years ago

I hope this happens... just be a cool theme and art package.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least because Star Wars sells.

people rag on the last Star Wars game but they are still selling a ton of those ( and its great unless you suck at pinball and cant handle it)

#179 2 years ago

Do yourself a favour and just watch the first episode.
You will thank me.
It’s like a Star Wars western. They did Star Wars justice.

Quoted from Krupps4:

#180 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

dood i was just like you - but bored I watched ep 1 - didn't stop, me and the whole family LOVE it and most of my family don't like Star Wars.

#181 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

dood i was just like you - but bored I watched ep 1 - didn't stop, me and the whole family LOVE it and most of my family don't like Star Wars.

I don't care for SW at all, and I enjoy Mandalorian. It's just fun and well done....and the music sticks in your head!

#182 2 years ago
Quoted from kumanaga:

I am your age and I have to say that The Mandalorian redeemed the Star Wars franchise for me - it really is a very good show. If the pin is good it will be hard for me to pass. If the pin is not good, than no theme can carry it.

And they made sure the legacy of Stormtroopers not being able to hit the broad side of a barn has been retained.

#183 2 years ago

Just got a note from a buddy. He got a call from his distributor that their allotment for LEs was way down this time, and that it was "The Mandalorian".

Take it for what its worth.,,

#184 2 years ago

50+ long wait lists at lots of distributors for a game not yet announced or seen. I’d say there is a good market for this title

#185 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Just got a note from a buddy. He got a call from his distributor that their allotment for LEs was way down this time, and that it was "The Mandalorian".
Take it for what its worth.,,

No shame in chilling out, seeing how it is, and getting a Premium (or Pro) after the reveal and hype dies down.

#186 2 years ago

For me its In if Season 2 is in and Out if its not. Anyone heard if Season 2 would be included? It would be dumb if just Season 1 was the game.

#187 2 years ago

Season 1 was a 7/10 and Season 2 was a 9/10!

#188 2 years ago

Carl Weathers blah. Get Sedaris to do the voice work.

#189 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

For me its In if Season 2 is in and Out if its not. Anyone heard if Season 2 would be included? It would be dumb if just Season 1 was the game.

In.

#190 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

For me its In if Season 2 is in and Out if its not.

For me I'll wait to see if it's a good game before I'm in or out.

#191 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Carl Weathers blah. Get Sedaris to do the voice work.

Is that Nick Nolte? If so, I said the same thing.

#192 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Ha, now THAT would be great! Man remember that documentary with him interviewing himself? Wow.

Peli Motto is apparently her characters name.

#193 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha, now THAT would be great! Man remember that documentary with him interviewing himself? Wow.

That would be something! Nolte was only halfway comprehensible in the 80s, and the intervening years have not improved the situation.

#194 2 years ago

Rumors: Mando will have upper playfield that rotates, with 2 flippers and 6 drop targets according to Kman. Also, rumored to have 2 ships, one that will have a door that opens. Should be fun with Eddie on design.

#195 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Rumors: Mando will have upper playfield that rotates, with 2 flippers and 6 drop targets according to Kman. Also, rumored to have 2 ships, one that will have a door that opens. Should be fun with Eddie on design.

Sounds expensive...who's ready for a real nice price increase?

#196 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Sure hope not, games are already insanely priced for what we are getting.

I can say that one distributor I contacted quoted me a price of $9200 for an LE. That should be the same price as LZ and AIQ LE?

#197 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Sounds like the shadow equivalent of stranger things

#198 2 years ago

Kanada says both seasons (full assets) will be in the game! That’s awesome!

#199 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There are pins that have modes where the player is forced to hit the same shot over and over again. I think that's repetitive and boring.
In GNR you are shooting rotating shots (as on a majority of pins) but there's a set number of them per song, the shot requirements can change as you progress through a song (or collect a song jackpot to stop), and there's mode choreography (animations, music, sound effects, etc) being played as shots are made.
The shot requirements in GNR change by song, and each has a sense of stages as shot requirements change as the song is played through. Each song can be played a multiball or single ball mode, it's up to the player adding another layer of depth. That's entirely different and unique compared to a majority of main modes in say ACDC or Metallica that has a player bashing the same shot over and over again with the same single animation playing. Hit the ramp 10x, hit the orbit 10x, hit the snake 10x...ugh.

Been a long time and I come back and still see you promoting anything made by jersey jack, hehe. Tried GNR here in LA and it shoots like crap. Did like all the lights, but the game play has little to be desired. It seemed like multiball after multiball, just like Hobbit. Hehe. Not sure what else there is to this table except a good light box, with lots of multiballs. Wanted to like it, but everyone I’ve talked to, said pretty much the same thing, not much to the table except the music is fun. But a CD playing does that for not much money, hehehe

One thing we can agree, ugh at hitting ramps 10x, orbits 10x, etc. GNR has similar doing that, because there is not much else to do, except lock balls. Hehehe You’re right GNR is quite boring, with same shots forced ad nauseam into multiballs.

#200 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

That would be something! Nolte was only halfway comprehensible in the 80s, and the intervening years have not improved the situation.

I mean I’m being 100% serious when I said I wanted Nick Nolte’s character from this show to do the call outs. Haha. Or at least some of them. “I have spoken”

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Machine - For Sale
Marshville, NC
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 19.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.