(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 153.
#1901 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Wait... is Stern selling factory direct now?

They sold some through Stern Insider.

#1902 2 years ago

Playfield has a GOT feel about it. All close shots. I think this could be the best Star Wars yet. Will come down to LCD (hoping it has as good as images as previous SW) and the code... As for playfield I think its the best yet. Have to give them credit for innovation! lockdown bar and siderails on LE look great

#1903 2 years ago
Quoted from jarch:

Agreed on your first comment. And it's "could" not "can"

This hobby has become a trip man. I just get on here to laugh at this point.

#1904 2 years ago

this means nothing other than a small quantity reserved by Stern was sold through their website at MSRP, the rest has to be sold by distributors.
The LE looks like shit anyways so I do not care. lol

#1905 2 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Playfield has a GOT feel about it. All close shots.

Close shots, quick U-turn ramp, big sweeping left ramp... NBA Fastbreak, anyone? No? Just me? Okay.

#1906 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Well at least I know to NEVER purchase anything from "The Pinball Company"...
Jeff

I was selling my ACDC Luci around a month ago and was contacted by Brooke of the Pinball Company. Many back and forths to set up shipping and whatnot. I then looked them up and I think on their website they had used ACDC Pros for $10K and non-Luci Prem's for $13K.

When I saw that I immediately stopped replying. I get retailers need to make a profit but a used ACDC Pro for $10K is absurb and they can F right off with that. I didn't want my Luci going to those types of people.

Not surprised they're jacking up LE prices. They seem like the people who would do it most. People should stop buying from them.

Hey Pinball Company... (resized).jpgHey Pinball Company... (resized).jpg

#1907 2 years ago

It just reroutes you to distros

#1908 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

this means nothing other than a small quantity reserved by Stern was sold through their website at MSRP, the rest has to be sold by distributors.
The LE looks like shit anyways so I do not care. lol

I was just responding to someone asking about Stern Insider selling them...I have access but didn't think to look on the sale site as I'm not in on this LE at all. Maybe a Premium after I see how it plays. So far, the vid is underwhelming

#1909 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Has an LE ever sold out this quick?
I don't remember.
Even AC/DC BIB didn't go this quick and there were only 300 of them!
Again METLE went pretty quick but not this fast.
Not even TRONLE went this fast.

of all those games, only METLE had pre-launch hype and was selling out.

#1910 2 years ago

I think Stern selling direct , over any distro is a lil crazy.

#1911 2 years ago

There is so much hype for this and I still do not get it. There is just something about this whole show that I do not get. To me the guy in this suit was the one dude in the whole universe that gave Darth Vader attitude. Vader literally after he gave orders points his finger at him and is like I am talking to you do not fuck with me while everyone else just shits their pants. They reduced that character to a Nanny pushing a Star Wars stroller to sell stuffies and people are wild for it?! The pin and its weird unfun mini playfield and useless baby Yoda make even less sense to me.

#1912 2 years ago

I understand that without a tilting playfield the ball would have a hard time draining but is a missing flipper the answer? How are some of those targets going to be hit skillfully with just a right flipper?

#1913 2 years ago

Looks great to me and packed especially when you look at a game like Led Zeppelin. Got a pro on order premium is probably my favorite art package.

#1914 2 years ago

LE looks the best to me. But I am not going to get into a bidding war or pay 5K over MSRP. No way in hell.

I think IF I get it - after I play it first - it will be a PRO model with a plastic to wire form mod across the playfield. Pocket the other ~8K. Other than that small rant I think the pin looks nice.

#1915 2 years ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

I understand that without a tilting playfield the ball would have a hard time draining but is a missing flipper the answer? How are some of those targets going to be hit skillfully with just a right flipper?

Money saving by not having tilt mech and 2nd flipper. All those targets can be hit imo

#1916 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The upper playfield is bizarre. What does that represent from the theme? Mando doesn't have lights on his helmet, it just looks weird. Also, hitting stationary targets as the main toy isn't fun in my opinion

Like.. what do spinners and stationary targets on the POTC ship represent from the theme? Pirate ships don't have spinners or lights on their deck, it just looks wierd. POTC ship must not be fun either...

#1917 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:There is so much hype for this and I still do not get it. There is just something about this whole show that I do not get. To me the guy in this suit was the one dude in the whole universe that gave Darth Vader attitude. Vader literally after he gave orders points his finger at him and is like I am talking to you do not fuck with me while everyone else just shits their pants. They reduced that character to a Nanny pushing a Star Wars stroller to sell stuffies and people are wild for it?! The pin and its weird unfun mini playfield and useless baby Yoda make even less sense to me.

do you realize these are not the same characters? I mean... they are not the same person, it is a different Mandalorian.

#1918 2 years ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

I don't think this upper playfield is meant to be skillful. Seems more of a flail type game up there...Not sure how that is going to play out over time. Might get boring like ACDC and Munsters.

#1920 2 years ago

Nice, I’m sure this will sell a bunch. For me personally I do not like the color palette on the cabinet or the playfield but that’s completely subjective and I could see folks liking it. LE looks the nicest to me just because it has some contrast. Will wait for full gameplay reveal but so far I’m at medium to low hype.

#1921 2 years ago

So...it’s a pinball machine!

Surprise!!!!

People always seem disappointed when the pics / video come out and it’s just a pinball machine. You’d think by this point people would accept that it’s just going to be a pinball machine, not a life-changing paradigm shift.

Well...maybe the next one will be the one.

#1922 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

do you realize these are not the same characters? I mean... they are not the same person, it is a different Mandalorian.

What?! I had no idea, now it all makes sense. How do I get in on an LE.

#1923 2 years ago

WOW already sold out at the Stern website

#1924 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

There is so much hype for this and I still do not get it. There is just something about this whole show that I do not get. To me the guy in this suit was the one dude in the whole universe that gave Darth Vader attitude. Vader literally after he gave orders points his finger at him and is like I am talking to you do not fuck with me while everyone else just shits their pants. They reduced that character to a Nanny pushing a Star Wars stroller to sell stuffies and people are wild for it?! The pin and its weird unfun mini playfield and useless baby Yoda make even less sense to me.

Lol...and he gets his ass kicked routinely.
On a serious note this could be the best pro value since MET.

#1925 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So...it’s a pinball machine!
Surprise!!!!
People always seem disappointed when the pics / video come out and it’s just a pinball machine. You’d think by this point people would accept that it’s just going to be a pinball machine, not a life-changing paradigm shift.
Well...maybe the next one will be the one.

Godzilla LE has a bash toy that breaths actual fire, you heard it here first.

#1926 2 years ago

WTB SW Comic Art P?.... just sayin.

#1927 2 years ago

Wear some sunglasses

#1928 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I was selling my ACDC Luci around a month ago and was contacted by Brooke of the Pinball Company. Many back and forths to set up shipping and whatnot. I then looked them up and I think on their website they had used ACDC Pros for $10K and non-Luci Prem's for $13K.
When I saw that I immediately stopped replying. I get retailers need to make a profit but a used ACDC Pro for $10K is absurb and they can F right off with that. I didn't want my Luci going to those types of people.
Not surprised they're jacking up LE prices. They seem like the people who would do it most. People should stop buying from them.
[quoted image]

They were dead to me after their Gofundme debacle. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-gofundme-the-pinball-company

#1929 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I feel ya, I tried to watch the show. painful to watch. I am so sick of super hero and star wars themes. I guess I will take another rock band theme.

#1930 2 years ago

Is Gina in it? If not, I’m out

#1931 2 years ago
Quoted from MooButt:

negative..

#1932 2 years ago
Quoted from MooButt:

I can't find her. I'm out!

#1933 2 years ago
Quoted from MooButt:

I dont get the big deal about this lady, is she that hot? Because Im like on the fence. She ayight..
She seems to take up a lot of room.

#1934 2 years ago

Really feels like a major omission to keep out Cara Dune with all these more minor characters prominently featured.

#1935 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Boba Fett took the order because Vader is paying him. Just like at work if you're boss tells you to do something in a rude way, you grit your teeth and do it for the money.

They tried to humanize a bounty hunter. He's all guts and glory and anything for the money and the order he serves, until he finds out one of the bounties involves a small child. He grows attached to it and will do anything to protect the child and get him to a rightful caretaker no matter what the costs. All of this set up in a Star Wars universe.

#1936 2 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

I don't think this upper playfield is meant to be skillful. Seems more of a flail type game up there...Not sure how that is going to play out over time. Might get boring like ACDC and Munsters.

That's my worry for sure. But when it goes super steep, flailing might actually work out well.

#1937 2 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Boba Fett took the order because Vader is paying him. Just like at work if you're boss tells you to do something in a rude way, you grit your teeth and do it for the money.
They tried to humanize a bounty hunter. He's all guts and glory and anything for the money and the order he serves, until he finds out one of the bounties involves a small child. He grows attached to it and will do anything to protect the child and get him to a rightful caretaker no matter what the costs. All of this set up in a Star Wars universe.

that is not exactly a fair description of the character.
He happens to be an orphan saved by the mandalorians, and he feels identifies by the kid and feels the need to save him.

#1938 2 years ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

It reminds me of Swords of Fury or WOZ - takes skill and nudging to control the ball up there.

#1939 2 years ago

LE art package pics? Please show me.

#1940 2 years ago

Guys seriously I know the premise of the damn show, I even forced my self to sit through the first season. Just a little tongue and cheek sarcasm and my hot take on a show I didn't enjoy. We do not need a big defense force, just downvote and get on with your thread.

#1941 2 years ago

I checked in with 3 distributors last week when rumors started and was placed on the LE wait list but based on deposits placed already I'm not going to make it in. If someone knows of a distributor selling these at MSRP I'm interested!

#1942 2 years ago

Ordered a pro. Will be my first stern nib.

#1943 2 years ago

No where to be found.

497C56B9-8E5A-4218-ADD3-10A685807B29 (resized).jpeg497C56B9-8E5A-4218-ADD3-10A685807B29 (resized).jpeg
#1944 2 years ago

I like the Pro on this game. Usually, Im a Premium guy.
The Orange Cab stands out Nicely.
The ramps metal vs wire matter less at home, but I believe Wire Ramp mods will come, if wanted.
The 2 main differences are a 2 flipper vs 1 flipper tilting mini playfield, and a larger magnet in the left corner.
Neither affect flipper play at the bottom, and seem more "novel" than needed.

Great Job Stern, any way one goes!

#1945 2 years ago

Seems like everyone's missing possibly the biggest gameplay difference between the models:
"Dynamic inner loop up/down horseshoe scoop feeding left ramp return to left flipper for repeatable looping"

Sounds cool.

#1946 2 years ago
Quoted from VirtualMayhem:

I checked in with 3 distributors last week when rumors started and was placed on the LE wait list but based on deposits placed already I'm not going to make it in.

I got shut out too. No biggie I guess.

#1947 2 years ago

Watched the videos multiple times with my 10 year old son before he went to school this morning.

The game meets his approval, however he wants to know where IG-11 is?
This was very concerning to him.

I told him that he is probably in the video footage or perhaps a mode featuring him.
Don’t make me lie to my kids Gary.
There better be some IG-11 footage in there.

#1948 2 years ago

And now, do we know who is on the code?

From what i see, i think the pro is the way

#1949 2 years ago

this ones a turd IMO

#1950 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Seems like everyone's missing possibly the biggest gameplay difference between the models:
"Dynamic inner loop up/down horseshoe scoop feeding left ramp return to left flipper for repeatable looping"
Sounds cool.

Stern tries to make the most basic of features sound like an amazing incredible mech to the point that it becomes confusing. It's no longer just a spinner but a "Super action double movement spinner with player interaction".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 22.95
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Northfield, MN
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/39?hl=november and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.