(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,620 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by brzezicki
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg
5.42 Mandalorian Manual (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 153.
#1851 2 years ago

We have not had a game this orange since Capcom Airborne-and I like it

I will be exiting left stage now-enjoy Mando fellas-the mini pf's ruined another theme for me-Oh Vey!

#1852 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Always captain positivity, eh?

have you owned any NIB games that required hours of 'tuning' and recalls, parts replacement, and countless hours of comms with Stern to make them work... ?

Because I have.

#1853 2 years ago

LE
Prem
Pro - This Is The Way

#1854 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

We have not had a game this orange since Capcom Airborne-and I like it
I will be exiting left stage now-enjoy Mando fellas-the mini pf's ruined another theme for me-Oh Vey!

Mini-pf is like a reverse rotating Congo mini pf. "This is the Gray."

#1855 2 years ago

When the ball drops through the child lanes and into the pops does it drop down into the scoop from behind ?

#1856 2 years ago

Side by side comparison

Mando side by side (resized).jpgMando side by side (resized).jpg
#1857 2 years ago

I do wish the premium had different cabinet artwork on each side. Game looks fun to shoot. I have a premium on order(wanted LE) but Pro doesnt seem to lose too much. Instead of wireforms you get plastic, and mini playfield doesnt tilt. But compared to other games you dont lose as much. Still going premium and will buy that side armor/art blades.

#1858 2 years ago

The Pinball Company just notified folks waiting for LE's - $14,999 or $14,499 by wire. Not sure if that'll pan out given the Premium. $5K mark-up right out of the gate is a little beyond the "let the distros mark it up" effect I was expecting. I guess the market will decide. Pretty sure folks won't be lining up to pay that kind of a spike in price.

#1859 2 years ago

It’s got some cool features, but what’s with the giant baby Yoda...isn’t baby Yoda supposed to be small and cute?

#1860 2 years ago
Quoted from JeffreeStar:

The LE's I heard are shipping in a month.. Can't wait to get mine!

I think a month is doubtful, I was told pros late June.

#1861 2 years ago
Quoted from jarch:

No Cara Dune

Maybe she should've kept her mouth shut.

Could they have put that magnet in any more of a less exciting place? A completely protected magnet, OH NOES, DANGER ABOUND. Tilting playfield is *yawn*, as is the mini on the pro.

The art looks amazing. The sound in the trailer doesn't scream Mando to me..hopefully the game audio is more the style of the show.

#1862 2 years ago

Game looks pretty cool! I haven't seen the show, but it looks like a fun shooter and that's what really matters to me.

I am bummed though that once again, music and sound seems to be taking a back seat. The article about the game talks about the designer, artist and programmer, but no mention of who's on sound. Like come on, sound is what really gets me engaged in a good game, and is far more important than the artwork IMHO. The article mentions that music from the show will be featured, but I'm not sure how well that will fit with a game of pinball. I'm still waiting for the return of original, memorable soundtracks to pinball games from the big manufacturers.

#1863 2 years ago

Premium is the way to go. Need to wait for mid June though. You can dress it up better than a LE!

#1864 2 years ago
Quoted from groverg303:

Looks legit to me. Hope they release a topper

I heard the topper code is the deepest ever.

#1865 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

have you owned any NIB games that required hours of 'tuning' and recalls, parts replacement, and countless hours of comms with Stern to make them work... ?
Because I did.

Yes. Full Metallica pf swap actually and more. Shit happens. Still excited for this release.
Edit: you've had ONE new game. So what? You're disc needed a new kit? Mine as well.

Screenshot_20210511-105314_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210511-105314_Chrome (resized).jpg

#1866 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Premium is the way to go. Need to wait for mid June though. You can dress it up better than a LE!

Ummm... it's not like.

#1867 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

The sound in the trailer doesn't scream Mando to me..hopefully the game audio is more the style of the show.

Agreed. You missed the "in-show music/audio will not be in the trailer, but confirmed for actual gameplay" comment.

#1868 2 years ago

I thought the LE art was bad, now I know better.
The playfields art looks like clown puke to me, no soft color transition either, hard rainbow colors every where. Nothing which I associate the Mandalorian with.
I loved the SW comic art... lets wait for the gameplay.

#1869 2 years ago

I’m sensing a little modern take on Jungle Lord. Grogu pachinko. Upper playfield with targets that may or may not need to be hit in order.

#1870 2 years ago
Quoted from jarch:

The Pinball Company just notified folks waiting for LE's - $14,999 or $14,499 by wire. Not sure if that'll pan out given the Premium. $5K mark-up right out of the gate is a little beyond the "let the distros mark it up" effect I was expecting. I guess the market will decide. Pretty sure folks won't be lining up to pay that kind of a spike in price.

Wow...that's nuts..5K for a $200 paint job, $79 art blades, $150 side armor, and a different trim/art package...I think they are going to have plenty of cancels on the LE anyways

#1871 2 years ago

LE art rocks, A Mandalorian with a freaking gun turret on the right and the razor crest on the left!
Thanks for not copying and pasting this time!

#1872 2 years ago

Looks interesting. The LE is definitely the best art package. Cannot wait to play one!

#1873 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Wow...that's nuts..5K for a $200 paint job, $79 art blades, $150 side armor, and a different trim/art package

As someone who almost always goes LE, I would never... ever... pay that much. Not my usual distro, just a back-up list this time around given the prospect of lower allotments. Big money grab, doubt it'll pan out for them.

#1874 2 years ago

You can get a Mando and Godzilla prem for the price of the LE.That is the way .

#1875 2 years ago

Anyone have an LE available? Willing to pay a premium

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1876 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

You can get a Mando and Godzilla prem for the price of the LE.That is the way .

2 pros and 3k left for a vacation post covid

#1877 2 years ago

Upper playfield screams CONGO

#1878 2 years ago

distros are listening to Kaneda thinking people will pay over MSRP. I like pinball but not paying $5k over MSRP. Any distro that are doing this will lose my business

#1879 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

2 pros and 3k left for a vacation post covid

That is the better way

#1880 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Anyone have an LE available? Willing to pay a premium

Become an insider. Im in Canada so no luck.

Screenshot_20210511-101704_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210511-101704_Chrome (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20210511-110531_Gmail (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210511-110531_Gmail (resized).jpg
#1881 2 years ago

Seriously though if anyone has an LE spot that they are not going to take please PM me

#1882 2 years ago

i wish that shooter knob lit up or something. Cant wait to see the topper, has to be razor crest I hope.

#1883 2 years ago

I'm passing on this game and just ordered a TMNT Premium. Not a fan of the Baby Yoda stationary doll and just hitting standup targets on what appears to be an odd upper playfield. Reminds me of the lower playfield on ACDC which got old really quick. Had a ton of hype for this pin but feel let down.

#1884 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Mini-pf is like a reverse rotating Congo mini pf. "This is the Gray."

Quoted from TaTa:

Upper playfield screams CONGO

Agreed!

Still better than GNRs though.

#1885 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Become an insider. Im in Canada so no luck.
[quoted image]

Wait... is Stern selling factory direct now?

#1886 2 years ago

So I'm a little confused... many distro's saying "they cut my allocation" but the LE distribution is 750 this time around. If distros are (supposedly) getting less, and they are making more in general (compared with other LE's) where the hell are the machines going? Is this a wink-wink "I have less so I have to charge you more" situation or am I missing the math somewhere? Serious question, even my distro who guaranteed me one is getting a little cagey.

#1887 2 years ago
Quoted from jarch:

Well at least I know to NEVER purchase anything from "The Pinball Company"...

Jeff

#1888 2 years ago
Quoted from jarch:

where the hell are the machines going?

Overseas or as mentioned above maybe to Stern Insiders.

#1889 2 years ago

I think it looks great, if I was pin shopping I'd be in for a Pro.

#1890 2 years ago
Quoted from jarch:

Agreed. You missed the "in-show music/audio will not be in the trailer, but confirmed for actual gameplay" comment.

Ah, thank you. I'm not very good with keeping up with current pinball stuff anymore.

#1891 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

5 rollovers is aggressive.

He's using KME's leftovers.

#1892 2 years ago
Quoted from jarch:The Pinball Company just notified folks waiting for LE's - $14,999 or $14,499 by wire. Not sure if that'll pan out given the Premium. $5K mark-up right out of the gate is a little beyond the "let the distros mark it up" effect I was expecting. I guess the market will decide. Pretty sure folks won't be lining up to pay that kind of a spike in price.

Nick and Co. are idiots. You can order one directly from Stern for $9199.00

#1893 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Yes. Full Metallica pf swap actually and more. Shit happens. Still excited for this release.
Edit: you've had ONE new game. So what? You're disc needed a new kit? Mine as well.
[quoted image]

I did not know I had followers on Pinside, thanks. And you are wrong.
Feel free to reach out, I have sent you a PM.

#1894 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Nick and Co. are idiots. You can order one directly from Stern for $9199.00

How?

#1895 2 years ago
Screenshot 2021-05-11 101310 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2021-05-11 101310 (resized).jpg
#1897 2 years ago

***Calling all modders***

I'm pretty sure a modifed Hasbro animatronic Grogu would fit in that same spot. Develop a circuit that links his movements to what's happening on the playfield and you will sell a bucket load.

#1899 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

You can order one directly from Stern for $9199.00

Agreed on your first comment. And it's "could" not "can"

#1900 2 years ago

The premium and LE do not have full RGB lighting?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
There are 7,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/38?hl=ray3127 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.