(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 hours ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 153.
#1801 2 years ago

Two episodes of the Stern Insider's Pinball Podcast... Hope you enjoy!

https://sternpinball.com/account/

Happy new pinball day!

-Nate

SIPP MANDO (resized).jpgSIPP MANDO (resized).jpg
#1802 2 years ago

No shipping to California for LE’s on sterns site and now sold out, thanks

#1803 2 years ago

Pro + a wire form mod = perfect

#1804 2 years ago

Must admit the Mando LE cab side art, etched rails, and inner art blade scene are cohesive and pretty badass. Nice job.

Gotta love reveal day - Pinside wants packed and different, gets it, then bitches about it over and over.

#1805 2 years ago

Love the LE armor. It’s about time they make it unique to the game for the LE. I’m excited for the LE

#1806 2 years ago

Static Grogu and boring 3rd/4th flipper / mini-playfield .... will have to see how this one shakes out.

But for now . . . NEXT!

#1807 2 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

No shipping to California for LE’s on sterns site and now sold out, thanks

Did they ever show in stock on their site?

#1808 2 years ago
Quoted from mr9865:

Pro + a wire form mod = perfect

I don't think I'm "in" either way, but I would agree with that. I'd be looking for a Pro and adding some wire forms across the playfield. Seems like someone will almost certainly make that mod. Beyond that, I think the one flipper static upper playfield looks better. Neither of them look that great, so might as well keep the ball moving, versus waiting for the playfield to tilt down.

PS: I will add that my initial impression of Deadpool was 100% wrong. I didn't think it looked like a great layout, but damn, it's fun to shoot.

#1809 2 years ago
Quoted from DerezzedKnight:

Dwight on code, according to the article on starwars.com.

Sullivan Button.jpgSullivan Button.jpg

#1810 2 years ago

I like the premium art package and the accessories. The art blades on the LE though are awesome with all the monsters. I like it more than the character lineup ones you can buy.

#1811 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Love the LE armor. It’s about time they make it unique to the game for the LE. I’m excited for the LE

Yep, its been a while for Stern but the LE is easily the best art package...

#1812 2 years ago

what is under the MINI PF in both Pre and LE?

#1813 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

[quoted image]

What have been the most creative uses of taking your hand off the flipper buttons? I like shifting in The Getaway. There are some bonus points on Jurassic Park (DE) and Fish Tales. I think it's worth 10 points on Fish Tales, but I almost always go for the bonefish.

#1814 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

nothing

#1815 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Looks like the Grogu magnet acts as the pops for the C-H-I-L-D rollovers.
[quoted image]

There are a couple of pops right below that. Videos show them.

#1816 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

So can I summarize the next 10 pages of posts:
1. Everyone that doesn't like it will tell us all why over and over and why we shouldn't like it either.
2. Everyone that likes it will tell us all why over and over and why their choice of an LE, Premium or Pro is the best and the others suck.

I waiting on a coil count before I make a final decision on the machine.

#1817 2 years ago

Could be a really fun pin. Lots to like imo. Only thing that looks off is the pro ramps. Wireforms really should be used when cutting across the pf like that.

#1818 2 years ago

Grogey Likey!

IMG_20210509_163410 (resized).jpgIMG_20210509_163410 (resized).jpg

#1819 2 years ago

Looks legit to me. Hope they release a topper

#1820 2 years ago

THE MANDALORIAN PINBALL DEEP DIVE!!

In Depth Overview of the Machine, Features, Rules, and More!

- Overview
- Who’s Who
- Price and Production
- Features
- Rules and Code
- Trailer and Feature Videos
- Coming Accessories
- Press Release

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/stern-announces-the-mandalorian-pinball-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/

Mandalorian-LE-Details-Ambient-22 (resized).JPGMandalorian-LE-Details-Ambient-22 (resized).JPG
#1821 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCoinSlotTC:

Did they ever show in stock on their site?

For me yes, I had it in the cart immediately, but didn’t expect no Cali shipping. Didn’t have alternative address plan B

#1822 2 years ago

Looks awesome but with the "upper Playfield"... is something underneath it so the ball can cross wenn it's liftet up?

Otherwise it could just be flat like on the Pro (ok not the "anti gravity" tilting).

#1823 2 years ago

I will be giving up my LE spot-if anyone has any good trade offers? I collect HUO games from 1990-present

#1824 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I think you guys are expecting a bit too much on the ball interaction from 'baby yoda'. I am actually surprised he looks as good as he does. This is what I would expect from Stern. That said, I think this pin looks pretty darn good. Seeing all the stuff in the machine, wire forms, moving upper playfield, and a shit ton of inserts and lights - I think Stern tried to go all in on this one. If I do pull the trigger and get the premium, I would likely want to get the comic version of Star Wars to complete the set.
The only real 'miss' in my ideas is not having the iconic theme song in the pin. That really is a big miss for me.

All the music from the show is in the pin. It just didn’t make it into the trailer.

#1825 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I want an LE. Help.

Don't worry they'll quite a few available after today...you can have my spot

#1826 2 years ago

The upper playfield on the prem/le is neat moving up or down. Something different.

#1828 2 years ago

No Topper?

#1829 2 years ago

Not sure I get Baby Yoda....its out of scale to the rest of the machine and looks like a prize at the church festival ring toss booth.

#1830 2 years ago

Damn, after the crap fest of the last star wars pin, and zepplin you guys are gonna be upset about this? I don't even care about Star Wars or the Mandolorian but this game looks awesome. Great effort by stern IMO

#1831 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Best part of this thread is all the Carl Weathers discussions

Some quotes he needs to slip into this :

“What are you gonna try next? Cheese?”
“Apollo Creed vs. the Italian Stallion. Sounds like a damn monster movie.”

This pin looks pretty slick! Can't wait to give it a try. If someone makes wireforms to replace the plastic ramps on the Pro, I think they'd make a small fortune .

#1832 2 years ago

I'm onboard for the pro which looks great except for those big ass plastic cross over ramps right in the middle of the playfield.

Game modders, if you can make some wire form replacements for these I'm totally down for a set!

#1833 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Not sure I get Baby Yoda....its out of scale to the rest of the machine and looks like a prize at the church festival ring toss booth.

The good news is we can screw off baby Yoda or Gregor whatever the fuck they call him and screw in Bill Burr's head

#1834 2 years ago

Mechs

#1835 2 years ago

wires and flipper mechs.

#1836 2 years ago

does the spaceship target "stiffen" up at certain points to act as a stand up?

#1837 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Lol...yeah, he doesn’t do much. the video they do a zoom On him like he was going to do something and he just stared off with his hand up. I thought he might light up or something when they showed him then

#1838 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I guess they had to do something with the huge supply of leftover Herman magnets from the Munsters....

It always cracks me up that people always seem to think new games are cobbled together from “leftover parts.” That’s not how it works. They make the parts for the games they build.

When was the last time we had a game this orange?! Looks cool to me. Burns like the tattooine suns.

#1839 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

There are a couple of pops right below that. Videos show them.

My speculation was before the better images but yes, you are correct. Magnet still acts as i suggested though

#1840 2 years ago

Any distro given an estimate on production time?

#1841 2 years ago
Quoted from DerezzedKnight:

Dwight on code, according to the article on starwars.com.

Still waiting on him to fix hard crashing issues with TMNT. Not like it's been 6 months since releasing an update that caused the issues...

#1842 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Looks like the Grogu magnet acts as the pops for the C-H-I-L-D rollovers.
[quoted image]

5 rollovers is aggressive. This is not usually the way.

We are thankfully missing a "Mando on a Stick".

#1843 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It always cracks me up that people always seem to think new games are cobbled together from “leftover parts.” That’s not how it works. They make the parts for the games they build.
When was the last time we had a game this orange?! Looks cool to me. Burns like the tattooine suns.

Well to be fair, historically that has been the case. It would seem that Stern has learned a few valuable lessons in terms of how to make games that appeal to collectors. First by bringing back hand-drawn art (thanks Dirty Donny we miss you), then by investing in more complete/complex software, and lately in more elaborate custom mechs.

Which is awesome.

#1844 2 years ago

I was in for an LE to be honest because I really enjoy the show and I think this would make a great addition to my small collection, but.... I am not sure it is worth it.
The mini pf sounds like another Stern nightmare that will require hours of tuning - maybe? - and the diverter and magnet, well...underwhelming.

#1845 2 years ago

Love the criss-cross wireforms and diverter and can imagine the game has some good flow shots. Rule set sounds nice so far, and they have included quite a lot of the show's main aspects.

But PLEASE make Grogu do more that have him just stand there FFS... even if he just looks around and blinks? I would definitely mod him out with an animatronic version.

#1846 2 years ago

I see in my future, an actual launch tournament.

#1847 2 years ago

I don'f think I have the ability to tell if this is a good table from video, but my initial impression is a bit lackluster.

Is there anything out there that shows what's happening on the video/dmd screen?

#1848 2 years ago

I was in for an LE to be honest because I really enjoy the show and I think this would make a great addition to my small collection, but.... I am not sure it is worth it.
The mini pf sounds like another Stern nightmare that will require hours of tuning - maybe? - and the diverter and magnet, well...underwhelming.

Always captain positivity, eh?

#1849 2 years ago

Looks pretty awesome. Not my theme so easy pass for me but will definitely play it on location.

#1850 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Any distro given an estimate on production time?

The LE's I heard are shipping in a month.. Can't wait to get mine!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 22.95
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/37?hl=cdonnerusmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.