(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 153.
#1751 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I highly doubt you will be disappointed with he light shows when you play this game. Dwight makes amazing light shows.

I’m sure the shaker will be nuts too.

#1752 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Forget LE - price is not worth it.

...but how are you gonna look at yourself and say “I’m an awesome dude who paid a flipper distro $14k!!” without a mirrored backglass?

#1753 2 years ago

Kudos to the folks who got the details right ahead of time... you know who you are! We appreciate your insights, even with the haters hating y'all

-No music from the show in release trailer but confirmed show music/audio in the game per Star Wars article.
-Assets from season 1 & season 2.
-Carl Weathers custom voice call-outs.
-Beskar trade-in for new armor/weapons/abilities.

However I didn't catch Bill Burr in the art package on any of the 3 versions... can anyone confirm?

#1754 2 years ago

If I could find a good location-I would buy a couple Pro's to put out. It will literally be a cash register for OP's

#1755 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

If I could find a good location-I would buy a couple Pro's to put out. It will literally be a cash register for OP's

I was interested in an LE but after watching the reveal trailer I might be more interested in a pro and I’m considering sticking it in my mates bar to help him out and earn some coin as we are reopening indoor facilities soon here in the U.K.

#1756 2 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Definitely not shadow 2.0 like everyone kept saying. I'm sure the game will be fun and they will sell a shit ton but if I was a huge Starwars or Mando fan I would be disappointed. Mini PF doesn't look exciting with 6 stationary targets and baby yoda is a doll with no interaction. My money is safe and I'll enjoy it on location. Now onto Godzilla and Keith.

Well said. Can't wait to play it at Helicon but need hands on. Pro is def looking like the front runner. Yoda does look good - just wish he did something. Upper pf is cool that it's on the pro but stand up targets suck. Good on stern to at least include it though

#1757 2 years ago

Can we please stop saying Yoda? His name is Grogu.

#1758 2 years ago
Quoted from jarch:

Kudos to the folks who got the details right ahead of time... you know who you are! We appreciate your insights, even with the haters hating y'all
-No music from the show in release trailer but confirmed show music/audio in the game per Star Wars article.
-Assets from season 1 & season 2.
-Carl Weathers custom voice call-outs.
-Beskar trade-in for new armor/weapons/abilities.
However I didn't catch Bill Burr in the art package on any of the 3 versions... can anyone confirm?

Burr is on there. Didn't grab a screenshot before the video was hidden, but right side of the playfield just above the sling.

#1759 2 years ago

For me the Pro would be the only way to go. The mini-pf on Premium/LE looks cringe worthy

At least on the Pro it is somewhat of a pass-thru mini pf

#1760 2 years ago

Looks boring as hell. A tilting mini playfield , a magnet and a doll? That's it? Pfffff

#1761 2 years ago

Regarding drop targets....I am not sure how you can put drop targets on a rotating PF like that. The mech would be too big to fit.

#1762 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Can we please stop saying Yoda? His name is Grogu.

Yes stop calling him Yoda....it's Baby Yoda.

#1763 2 years ago

Is the target below/next to razor crest a swinging target? Looks different.

#1764 2 years ago

rarehero has it right. “Pros is for them Hoes”. This is not the way

#1765 2 years ago

Yes, Bill Burr.

#1766 2 years ago
Quoted from jarch:

Alrighty, but only cuz you love Bill Burr so much.

45A182CB-033C-4A3F-A55B-5D3E816C2DA4 (resized).jpeg45A182CB-033C-4A3F-A55B-5D3E816C2DA4 (resized).jpeg6BE690E5-E3FD-48F0-96DB-9EA7BFB721C0 (resized).jpeg6BE690E5-E3FD-48F0-96DB-9EA7BFB721C0 (resized).jpeg
#1767 2 years ago
Quoted from mrpilkington:

Burr is on there. Didn't grab a screenshot before the video was hidden, but right side of the playfield just above the sling.

This should work:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR3c0GPtD-wV5mCZJTpQude9l0UM_2uA6LYHXbQZeioWSM_jnLs60i05sfI&v=_f08C9JHR3s&feature=youtu.be

#1768 2 years ago

Static Baby Yoda does seem a bit of a missed opportunity.

#1769 2 years ago

premium got steel wireforms, pro only plastic?

#1770 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Maybe he is Bill Burr?

#1771 2 years ago

Can't believe I'm saying this but I think Stranger Things Pro looks cooler.

#1774 2 years ago

Best part of this thread is all the Carl Weathers discussions-it put a smile on my face, I wish I could say the same about the game.

#1775 2 years ago

Okay, this looks better than I was fearing/expecting. Fan layout. Art looks good (Prem better than LE, as usual). Pro might be the way to go as well if you don't care about the PF flipping up.

#1776 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

“The show really lends itself to some good story-based game mechanics. As Mando grows as a bounty hunter, he acquires more weapons and equipment. In our game, you are Mando. You start the game with a flamethrower that can catch shots on fire. As you play, you will be able to acquire more equipment to help you on your journey. In this pinball adventure, players will be able to use the Razor Crest to enable different multiballs, start different missions, bounty hunts, and ambushes to collect beskar to trade at the Foundry, and start several different encounters in the upper playfield battleground area. Grogu is able to assist you by activating different features and, if you’re a true pinball wizard, you can work your way to the ultimate wizard mode: This is the Way.”

"This is the Way", ahhh the Ultimate Wizard Mode I shall never see...hopefully they trick it out like JP so us mortals can experience it!

#1777 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Pro is probably best bang for buck but the large plastic cross ramps are terrible. Put the Premium wireforms on the pro and you got a winner.

THIS!

#1778 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Thanks! Love it

#1779 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Okay, this looks better than I was fearing/expecting. Fan layout. Art looks good (Prem better than LE, as usual). Pro might be the way to go as well if you don't care about the PF flipping up.

I actually like the art on the Pro better.

#1780 2 years ago

Mandalorian-Feature-Matrix-3adkjhf3.pdfMandalorian-Feature-Matrix-3adkjhf3.pdf

#1781 2 years ago

Wow! All the interactive mechs and rotating playfield on the premium look awesome. I missed out on an LE, but now I can bide my time and maybe get a premium down the road if the game plays as good as it looks. So cool to have Brian Eddy back in the mix!!

#1782 2 years ago

I do like the art on the Pro and the Premium is not bad either.

#1783 2 years ago

Feature Matrix

Mandalorian-Feature-Matrix-3adkjhf3.pdfMandalorian-Feature-Matrix-3adkjhf3.pdf
#1784 2 years ago

The armor on the LE looks bad ass! Love those side rails! Really digging the art too!

The art blades are really cool as well.

Mando11 (resized).PNGMando11 (resized).PNGmando22 (resized).PNGmando22 (resized).PNG
#1785 2 years ago

Someone should make the wireforms as mods.
I'd buy 'em!

Sidebar, I wonder if Favreau's gets a cut from the license fee. He seems like a pretty smart cookie!

#1786 2 years ago

so a magnet under Grogu, an extra diverter on one ramp that probably feeds balls into the back of the bigger razor crest (that has a coil in it that probably makes it flip to release balls?) and a mini PF that looks like... crap... I am typically all over premiums but it does not seem 'this is the way' for this game...

#1787 2 years ago

.....nevermind, on with my day

#1788 2 years ago

LE is easily the best art package for once... congrats Stern!

#1790 2 years ago

So 5 main modes from the show, across two seasons of content, and that's it? Hopefully the encounter modes with multiple levels are great. 4 wizard modes is great to see!

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#1791 2 years ago
Mandalorian-Pro-Playfield-01-afkjhadf-scaled (resized).jpgMandalorian-Pro-Playfield-01-afkjhadf-scaled (resized).jpgMandalorian-Premium-Playfield-01-knnfad-scaled (resized).jpgMandalorian-Premium-Playfield-01-knnfad-scaled (resized).jpgMandalorian-LE-Playfield-01-afnkjkn3fad-scaled (resized).jpgMandalorian-LE-Playfield-01-afnkjkn3fad-scaled (resized).jpg
#1792 2 years ago

Looks like the Grogu magnet acts as the pops for the C-H-I-L-D rollovers.

Screenshot_20210511-100431_Messenger (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210511-100431_Messenger (resized).jpg
#1793 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

So 5 main modes from the show, across two seasons of content, and that's it?

How many times do I have to tell you, it’s a pinball machine, not a complete show. LOTR has 7 modes for 9 hours or movie. It’s pinball.

That being said, the mode inserts don’t have text on them. So there might be more modes, but you only have to do 5 from a stockpile of more to get to that mini wiz mode.

#1794 2 years ago

The rifle side armor very cool, the "big head" art blades not so much.

#1795 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not feeling it-dammit
Love the theme and have an LE, but looks like a pass for me
When I heard upper playfield-I cringed a bit
I can't stand gimmicky upper/lower playfields. Then I was all stoked for the Pro-cool color scheme and art-then dammit another useless mini-playfield. If this is the way-you can have it.
[quoted image]

Yep, I have to agree. I just don't like mini playfields, and this one looks to be a major part of the pin. It looks pretty good overall, but that mini pf makes this a non-starter for me. And I can't even escape it by buying the pro. Bummer.

#1796 2 years ago

For insiders it looks like they have two audio panel discussions up as well.

#1797 2 years ago

That wireform to replace the plastic ramp would be pretty easy to make. I may have to look into it.

#1798 2 years ago

It looks like the upper on the Prem/LE does rotate while you flip, like the ship on JJPPOTC, which should make it a little more interesting and challenging. But they really could have done more than a bank of stand-ups.

#1799 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I don’t see pop bumpers either.

They are just below Grogu.

#1800 2 years ago

I want an LE. Help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/36?hl=beegeemtl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.