(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 153.
#1701 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

wait is that an upper pf on the pro too? Art on the prem looks awesome.

It looks like it’s on the main playfield but the top upper portion. Prem lifted above. It’s cool they did keep it up there to play

#1702 2 years ago

Dwight on code! it will be intense!

#1703 2 years ago

Need to see it again but that pro looks absolutely loaded! Prem features based on the video - underwhelming. Need to see more gameplay but pro looks good. Bummer about the code. I don't like stand up targets on the upper - much rather have it drop. Could be the pass on the prem. Forget LE - price is not worth it.

Looks like yoda really doesn't do anything on either model (magnet on the prem will turn on and off - maybe he raises his arm?)

#1704 2 years ago

Looks like pro upper PF has 1 flipper premium 2

#1705 2 years ago

Not feeling it-dammit

Love the theme and have an LE, but looks like a pass for me

When I heard upper playfield-I cringed a bit

I can't stand gimmicky upper/lower playfields. Then I was all stoked for the Pro-cool color scheme and art-then dammit another useless mini-playfield. If this is the way-you can have it.
Should be a great game for operators and earn well on location. There still may be a sliver of hope I could grow to like the Pro if Cleland does a custom sound package with Carl Weathers.

Great Pitch (resized).jpgGreat Pitch (resized).jpg
#1706 2 years ago

so it looks like the premium has a little drop ramp loop thing, is that a mini orbit on the pro or just a standup target? might be the deal breaker/maker to me.

#1707 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Maybe there is a magnet which grabs the ball and Grogu moves his hand to give a illusion of the force? I would be happy with that.

Something like Dracula Mist magnet would be really cool actually

#1708 2 years ago

I've never seen the show, but that was a cool trailer. I like the premium art package.

#1709 2 years ago

Premium looks best.

Do not like the plastic criss cross ramps on the pro.

#1710 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Um so those 6 drop targets we heard about for weeks are really 6 standup targets representing the top of Mando's head? Baby Yoda is a doll and does nothing across all models. Upper playfield looks really odd, very little room and just hitting standup targets? WTF lol. Just initial impressions.

It's a packed playfield...I'd think you of all people would be impressed by this. And there's a lot on GnR that looks nice but does nothing. You've got to try to be a little more even-handed in your assessments. I have no horse in this race because I'm not getting one, but it looks like it'll be fun. And it looks to me like the whole upper playfield rotates forward and backward, kind of like the POTC ship. Looks like fun.

#1711 2 years ago

Love the art on the playfield. Think I’m in for a premium!

Never modded my ST but think that I’ll jump all over a cool Grogu mod. Seems modders will clean up with this one.

#1712 2 years ago

I'm digging the Pro/Premium art much more than the LE. Not digging Dead Eyes Baby Yoda, but he's there for mass appeal, I get it.

#1713 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Premium looks best.
Do not like the plastic criss cross ramps on the pro.

Yeah, plastic ramps across the playfield I have a tough time with too.

#1714 2 years ago

The link to Stern from Star Wars site is 404. Wow.

#1715 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

I've never seen the show, but that was a cool trailer. I like the premium art package.

Premium almost always has the best art - makes the most sense for Stern money wise as the LEs will sell regardless.

#1716 2 years ago
mandalorian-pinball-le-details-ambient-10 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-le-details-ambient-10 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-le-details-ambient-13 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-le-details-ambient-13 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-premium-details-ambient-04 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-premium-details-ambient-04 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-premium-details-ambient-06 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-premium-details-ambient-06 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-premium-details-ambient-10 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-premium-details-ambient-10 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-premium-details-ambient-12 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-premium-details-ambient-12 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-premium-details-ambient-19 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-premium-details-ambient-19 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-premium-details-ambient-20 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-premium-details-ambient-20 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-premium-details-ambient-31 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-premium-details-ambient-31 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-premium-details-ambient-37 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-premium-details-ambient-37 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-pro-details-ambient-19 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-pro-details-ambient-19 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-pro-details-ambient-27 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pinball-pro-details-ambient-27 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pro-details-ambient-01 (resized).jpgmandalorian-pro-details-ambient-01 (resized).jpgstar-wars-pinball-the-mandalorian-grogu-TALL (resized).jpgstar-wars-pinball-the-mandalorian-grogu-TALL (resized).jpg
#1717 2 years ago

Agree with this I like the Pro as well

Quoted from delt31:

Need to see it again but that pro looks absolutely loaded! Prem features based on the video - underwhelming. Need to see more gameplay but pro looks good. Bummer about the code. I don't like stand up targets on the upper - much rather have it drop. Could be the pass on the prem. Forget LE - price is not worth it.
Looks like yoda really doesn't do anything on either model (magnet on the prem will turn on and off - maybe he raises his arm?)

#1718 2 years ago

Looks cool to me, LE in for sure!

#1719 2 years ago

1. space ship is on a spring - no coil
2. yoda doesn't do anything
3. mini playfield is just smashing a row of standups no actual shots in there

wtf?

#1720 2 years ago

What the hell does this represent? 6 lights and standup targets on Mando's head? Just weird.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#1721 2 years ago

I don’t see pop bumpers either.

#1722 2 years ago

Those mini-playfields look super annoying- I could not wait to dump my Luci because I could not stand the mini-pf.

Why do they do the mini-pf's? Such a waste as I shake my head in disappointment

#1723 2 years ago

No Cara Dune

#1724 2 years ago

Does that weenie upper playfield actually look like fun? Just frantically whack the ball 3 inches away until it drains

#1725 2 years ago

“The show really lends itself to some good story-based game mechanics. As Mando grows as a bounty hunter, he acquires more weapons and equipment. In our game, you are Mando. You start the game with a flamethrower that can catch shots on fire. As you play, you will be able to acquire more equipment to help you on your journey. In this pinball adventure, players will be able to use the Razor Crest to enable different multiballs, start different missions, bounty hunts, and ambushes to collect beskar to trade at the Foundry, and start several different encounters in the upper playfield battleground area. Grogu is able to assist you by activating different features and, if you’re a true pinball wizard, you can work your way to the ultimate wizard mode: This is the Way.”

#1726 2 years ago

what is to the left of yoda?

#1727 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

1. space ship is on a spring - no coil
2. yoda doesn't do anything
3. mini playfield is just smashing a row of standups no actual shots in there
wtf?

I don't understand it either, just feeling kinda meh on it right now but need to see gameplay with the licensed assets. Baby Yoda being a stationary doll is...wow, Roller Coaster Tycoon troll 2.0 indeed, hell even that moved a bit lol.

The upper playfield is bizarre. What does that represent from the theme? Mando doesn't have lights on his helmet, it just looks weird. Also, hitting stationary targets as the main toy isn't fun in my opinion. What happened to the 6 drop target rumor? Same goes for the ship drop target, it's almost as big as the ship and again is just odd.

#1728 2 years ago

Kinda surprised Dwight is coder as he was on Star Wars.

And Munsters

Good thing about not joining the LE FOMO, I can wait and actually see what the code is like

#1729 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Um so those 6 drop targets we heard about for weeks are really 6 standup targets representing the top of Mando's head? Baby Yoda is a doll and does nothing across all models. Upper playfield looks really odd, very little room and just hitting standup targets? WTF lol. Just initial impressions.

Yeah, still may be a fun game but looks like a bummer there. Glad I didnt give up my JP Premium preorder for it. May get a pro down the road though.

#1730 2 years ago

Doing away with the light show rails from LZ is a step in the wrong direction. This looks really Interesting but they are not advancing forward the way JJP is on lighting. Big miss in that department. Feels no different than a stern pin from 10 years ago from a lighting standpoint.

#1731 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

what is to the left of yoda?

Looks like a raised cut-off ramp with a spinner looking thing. Around 46-47 seconds in the video you can see a ball "fall off" that little drop I believe. Maybe that's supposed to be Grogu dropping the ball off since it's near his hand, but it definitely never goes to his hand or anything from what I'm seeing. Would have been nice to incorporate something like that. Even, as others said, a little moving magnet under the playfield for a Force effect.

#1732 2 years ago

Yawn. Pro is probably best bang for buck but the large plastic cross ramps are terrible. Put the Premium wireforms on the pro and you got a winner. Premium upper is pointless. IDK, looks fun but for the money it is a hard pass for me.

#1733 2 years ago

So can I summarize the next 10 pages of posts:
1. Everyone that doesn't like it will tell us all why over and over and why we shouldn't like it either.
2. Everyone that likes it will tell us all why over and over and why their choice of an LE, Premium or Pro is the best and the others suck.

#1734 2 years ago

No expression lighting system after all the LZ hype?

#1735 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Tim and Steve made it pretty clear in my mind that they weren’t going to be used in all titles going forward and I’m glad they aren’t.

#1736 2 years ago

I love Dwight he’s always trying something new.

——

Dwight Sullivan on some of the game’s hidden surprises.

“We don’t want to spoil all of the surprises, but we have added an entirely new gameplay mode and option called Impossible Play. If you enable this option before you start your game, it will instantly set your game to Very Hard and your flippers will only allow you to flip for a couple of seconds before needing to be recharged. Good luck.”

#1737 2 years ago

I think you guys are expecting a bit too much on the ball interaction from 'baby yoda'. I am actually surprised he looks as good as he does. This is what I would expect from Stern. That said, I think this pin looks pretty darn good. Seeing all the stuff in the machine, wire forms, moving upper playfield, and a shit ton of inserts and lights - I think Stern tried to go all in on this one. If I do pull the trigger and get the premium, I would likely want to get the comic version of Star Wars to complete the set.

The only real 'miss' to me is not having the iconic theme song in the pin. That really is a big miss for me.

EDIT: My mistake, I have been informed that the music IS in the pin!

#1738 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Big miss. The experience is handicapped by missed opportunity on lighting

#1739 2 years ago

Im glad i watched that because it seems to be down now

#1740 2 years ago

stern had "expression lighting" on star trek LE year ago...

#1741 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not feeling it-dammit
Love the theme and have an LE, but looks like a pass for me
When I heard upper playfield-I cringed a bit
I can't stand gimmicky upper/lower playfields. Then I was all stoked for the Pro-cool color scheme and art-then dammit another useless mini-playfield. If this is the way-you can have it.
Should be a great game for operators and earn well on location. There still may be a sliver of hope I could grow to like the Pro if Cleland does a custom sound package with Carl Weathers.
[quoted image]

Upper and lower playfields can be cool but Stern needs to stop making them about just hitting standup targets. That's dull and boring in my opinion.

Have a drop target, a ball lock, a shot that is revealed, etc. 6 standup targets with 6 odd lights on Mandos head? That's just weird and looks odd / boring with two full size flippers there.

#1742 2 years ago

Definitely not shadow 2.0 like everyone kept saying. I'm sure the game will be fun and they will sell a shit ton but if I was a huge Starwars or Mando fan I would be disappointed. Mini PF doesn't look exciting with 6 stationary targets and baby yoda is a doll with no interaction. My money is safe and I'll enjoy it on location. Now onto Godzilla and Keith.

#1743 2 years ago

It does not matter if people love it or hate it, it will sell like Hotcakes. It will also do well on location. Just like Location, Location, Location. There is Theme, Theme, Theme-Mandelorian is well received and hot right now. Good on Stern

Helps suck up the monies in the hobby-now who has some classic HUO Sterns they want to unload to pony up $9200?

Also saw little animatronic Yoda at Walmart yesterday for $59.00 that would make for a good topper or something for someone.

I am going to sit on sidelines and wait for the Pro to get polished

Cheers

#1744 2 years ago

Does the upper playfield on the Prem/LE rotate as you flip, like JJPPOTC?

#1745 2 years ago

I guess they had to do something with the huge supply of leftover Herman magnets from the Munsters....

#1746 2 years ago

Where is Cara Dune? I’m not a huge fan of action figures on pinball, but if they have cut her out of this one, I’m adding her in myself. (If I decide get one). Perhaps she can be added to custom art blades or a custom plastics.

#1747 2 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Big miss. The experience is handicapped by missed opportunity on lighting

I highly doubt you will be disappointed with the light shows when you play this game. Dwight makes amazing light shows.

#1748 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

It does not matter if people love it or hate it, it will sell like Hotcakes. It will also do well on location. Just like Location, Location, Location. There is Theme, Theme, Theme-Mandelorian is well received and hot right now. Good on Stern
Helps suck up the monies in the hobby-now who has some classic HUO Sterns they want to unload to pony up $9200?
Also saw little animatronic Yoda at Walmart yesterday for $59.00 that would make for a good topper or something for someone.
Cheers

Exactly! The pro art is clearly designed for location play, every character from both seasons is on there somewhere. For Stern this is the game to go on location now they are opening back up again, combine the reopenings with a theme like Mando and it’s a receipe for big sales.

#1749 2 years ago

Trailer video seems to be private now. Didn't get to see it.

Likely the first one I'm in for since Jurassic Park. Haven't gotten more because I haven't been thoroughly impressed since the Ghostbusters/Metallica era... and Jurassic Park was a nice surprise and the outlier to that thought. Stern has been doing a lot of cool themes lately with poor execution that I've been passing on, please don't let this one be the same. Jurassic Park killed it in both theme and gameplay. Led Zeppelin was a god theme but a barren wasteland. Fingers crossed. This will be a great earner if they pull the rules and layout off well.

Much more staying power than the Stranger Things theme as well, which will likely fall by the wayside in the next few years... Star Wars tends to stick around.

From a commercial point of view, this is the theme we wanted and needed... now just praying it's done right and holds up beyond the theme hype. If so, I'm more than in.

EDIT: kermit24 below speaks the truth.

#1750 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Cheers

This game will DESTROY on location. All operators will have one, even the old school ones.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 22.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Neenah, WI
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/35?hl=dkjimbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.