(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 160 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 153.
#1601 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

It’s amazing the fantastical made up details this crowd can spin out of the thin gruel that is a single blurry photo. And then say with such authority like what you’re saying is the absolute truth.
Why not wait for some higher res photos before you declare your opinion with absolute certainty? Just saying.

My thoughts exactly! I’m about 5 seconds away from deleting this thread. Nonsense!

#1602 2 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

I hate Star Wars...
And Lord of The Rings...
And Harry Potter...
etc
How about something actually interesting or different?
Pulp Fiction? Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas? Always Sunny in Philadelphia? Succession? Think outside the box people...the repetitive nature of the industry is nauseating.
Oh and what happened to original titles? You know...the ones you can actually make more money on because you're not paying Disney 1200$ a machine in royalties?
"Popular themes sell pinball machines though!"
That's because on the rare occurrence they do make a game that isn't cookie cutter stamped with the flavor of the year, it's utter crap like black knight pro or elvira, or some music pin from a band that nobody's given two shits about in 30 years!
This is Brian Eddy you morons! He created arguably the two best pinball machines of all time WITH NO MAJOR THEME.....HELLO? Talk about not knowing how to use your talent...
Yes, it'll sell. But this Stern complacency in the marketplace will come back to bite them in the ass eventually. Some other company will get with the program and actually focus on fun innovative tech and experiences instead of chasing licenses....
The public doesn't know what they want until you give it to them.

WTF? So much anger and so little content in this post. Also you called Elvira "utter crap" ? Pull yourself together, its to early for this nonsense.

#1603 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Stern thread dude.

point taken.

#1604 2 years ago

I’m not embarrassed that I couldn’t sleep past 4:00am because I knew it was Mando day.
I hope everyone who is on LEs is excited and all pinball fans can be excited that Stern/Eddy appear to have changed up the SOP on design.
If Elwin’s Godzilla is the most ambitious Stern that will have been made to date (rumor) than Mando is certainly showing that they “can” load a game up.
Feels kind of TSPP to me.

#1605 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I’m not embarrassed that I couldn’t sleep past 4:00am because I knew it was Mando day.
I hope everyone who is on LEs is excited and all pinball fans can be excited that Stern/Eddy appear to have changed up the SOP on design.
If Elwin’s Godzilla is the most ambitious Stern that will have been made to date (rumor) than Mando is certainly showing that they “can” load a game up.
Feels kind of TSPP to me.

Any clue on if Pros will be available out of the gate or if they are making premiums and LEs first?

#1606 2 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:Yes, it'll sell. But this Stern complacency in the marketplace will come back to bite them in the ass eventually. Some other company will get with the program and actually focus on fun innovative tech and experiences instead of chasing licenses....

Licenses or not, for the most part what matters to me is if the game is fun to play.

Rob

#1607 2 years ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Any clue on if Pros will be available out of the gate or if they are making premiums and LEs first?

Just an assumption based on past games, but usually Pro, then LE, then Premium.

#1608 2 years ago

Premiums June/July and .....Is that the Hulk just left of the action button lmfao

#1609 2 years ago
579C6418-432A-4257-AF9A-E10947D3A014 (resized).jpeg579C6418-432A-4257-AF9A-E10947D3A014 (resized).jpeg
#1610 2 years ago
Quoted from November:

Waoh, pretty impressive.
Hope the pro will not be too stripped, praying for the mini PF right now

No mini on Pro
Still very packed though

#1611 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Premiums June/July and .....Is that the Hulk just left of the action button lmfao

33 pages of comments and now you're seeing Hulk?! Lol we really do need to get those better pics to drop today!

#1612 2 years ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Pro first like normal then LE then premium.

First batch of Pro shipping immediately.

Mine will be here very very soon?
Guess 2 weeks or sooner

#1613 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

It’s amazing the fantastical made up details this crowd can spin out of the thin gruel that is a single blurry photo. And then say with such authority like what you’re saying is the absolute truth.
Why not wait for some higher res photos before you declare your opinion with absolute certainty? Just saying.

Be a pretty boring thread, like non existent.

#1614 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Pro first like normal then LE then premium.
First batch of Pro shipping immediately.
Mine will be here very very soon?
Guess 2 weeks or sooner

So you've seen more than us? Pro still worth it you think?

#1615 2 years ago
Quoted from king_pin:

So you've seen more than us? Pro still worth it you think?

Yes.

And Yes

I like the art package better on pro backbox as well

#1616 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

A friend shared this earlier...I blocked their name out
[quoted image]

Fun! is a trash distributor for doing this.

#1617 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

No mini on Pro
Still very packed though

Damn :'(

#1618 2 years ago

If you thought the pro had the mini, you’re dreaming.

Someone said the pro art is better? Did I miss pics?

I’m just happy we’re seeing what appears to be a fairly loaded game ala JP.

#1619 2 years ago

If you were in USA I'd say buy the Pro play it for 3 months while you wait for the Premium then sell it and recoup most of your Pro cost.

#1620 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

If you thought the pro had the mini, you’re dreaming.
Someone said the pro art is better? Did I miss pics?
I’m just happy we’re seeing what appears to be a fairly loaded game ala JP.

If the LE is packed they could take off some other things like the baby yoda and other stuff...

#1621 2 years ago

I’m not the biggest fan of the artwork. Hard to say anything about the layout from that angle.

#1622 2 years ago

No real expectations to this as I need to be abit smart with my money awaiting both delivery and the final down payment of Rick n Morty, and Im sure there will be tons of mandalorians out there so no trouble getting to play one; BUT its exciting to squint at what might be a fresh take on a stern layout, with lots of ramps etc.

Still very curious how they will code it, will there be story modes alongside bounty modes etc.

#1623 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

If you were in USA I'd say buy the Pro play it for 3 months while you wait for the Premium then sell it and recoup most of your Pro cost.

I'm not in USA but That's a thing i was already thinking about

#1624 2 years ago

more Carl Weather's appreciation fast forward to 4 minutes- freaking epic.

Regarding the game - it looks great I'm super excited for this! Ain't gonna be no rematch!

#1625 2 years ago

This is the day.

#1626 2 years ago
Quoted from Bellystyle:

That looks like a vertical upper playfield to me. If so, that sucks. Like I've always said, the Pro is always the best. Every time....

Okay slow down. Pros are a good value, and I don't see the need to go premium in some cases, but come on. Premium/LE is how the game was intended to play as.

#1627 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Okay slow down. Pros are a good value, and I don't see the need to go premium in some cases, but come on. Premium/LE is how the game was intended to play as.

Agreed though “intended to play as” is not 100% accurate imo. Both games are designed simultaneously with the intention of offering some unique features to the prem. They are both designed intentionally by the designer. Sometimes features are added for a premium and other times they are removed for the pro. In the JP making of video you hear Elwin say that he designed the game with a T. rex head in the back without knowing what it would do until someone else suggest it eat the ball- what was his design intention there? One could also argue that the way the game as “intended” to play is a pre bom cut proof of concept. Sorry for the rant

#1628 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I guess its often how its originally intended, but that does not mean that the upper playfield is always a good design choice/addition, like BK3K, ugh. But again, The shadow battlefield is a good example of a cool upper pf.

#1629 2 years ago
Quoted from November:

If the LE is packed they could take off some other things like the baby yoda and other stuff...

Baby Yoda can get folks to put money in the machine. I don't think he is what gets removed on a pro.

#1630 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

more Carl Weather's appreciation fast forward to 4 minutes- freaking epic.

Regarding the game - it looks great I'm super excited for this! Ain't gonna be no rematch!

He's on Pro Art

#1631 2 years ago

So, when do we get high res pics and that trailer?

#1632 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Baby Yoda can get folks to put money in the machine. I don't think he is what gets removed on a pro.

He's on Pro

#1633 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

So, when do we get high res pics and that trailer?

May 11th

#1634 2 years ago

JPops RAZA ramp was sold to Stern ? Mmmmm now It’s all making sense .

F3DC74F4-ED89-46D6-9FBE-AB184DFB4808 (resized).pngF3DC74F4-ED89-46D6-9FBE-AB184DFB4808 (resized).png
#1635 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

[quoted image]

Ramp is super steep. Perhaps Grogu helps the ball up the ramp?

#1636 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

There looks to be something going on at the top of the ramp. Maybe a divertor?

#1637 2 years ago

“Marty I read about the art packages on Mandelorian pinball don’t worry in the future the 4th Mandelorian art package is coming!”

E6D0CF63-6512-4F71-BE60-CB6DD3282119 (resized).jpegE6D0CF63-6512-4F71-BE60-CB6DD3282119 (resized).jpeg
#1638 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Looks like ramp drops down

#1639 2 years ago

Is it just a doll or does it do anything?

#1640 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Looks like ramp drops down

Or that is simply an airball preventer plastic.

#1641 2 years ago

Hard to tell a lot from the pic we have seen so far. But so far, I'm really liking what I'm seeing. The art is exactly what I was looking for. It's on the darker side of the color spectrum. The back glass is super cool. The armor looks awesome.

I know some people wanted the armor to look like it has lines in it like in the Beskar bars. But when the bars are melted down into armor, it really just looks more like steel. All those lines are gone.

I'm not overly excited about the giant Grogu doll on the play field. I'm not surprised that he's there, because that little guy sells product for sure! I just really hope he does something. I can't imaging it won't be interactive in some way. For Stern to give up that much real estate on the play field and not have it do something would be absolutely insane.

I'm excited to see more pics and better pics, but so far it looks really good to me! I've been in on an LE for a while. Can't wait to get it!

#1642 2 years ago

The balls are frog eggs and Grogu eats them.

#1643 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

[quoted image]

I’m not sure but as physics would say that it’s the hight of a ramp that’s all that counts. In other words you need enough energy to reach a certain hight doesn’t matter if it’s a long shallow ramp or short steep ramp if they are the same height it would take the same energy.

#1644 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Is it just a doll or does it do anything?

If you look deep into the eye's during play you'll fall hopelessly in Love.

#1645 2 years ago

I see some pooling and dimples on the playfield!

#1646 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Hard to tell a lot from the pic we have seen so far. But so far, I'm really liking what I'm seeing. The art is exactly what I was looking for. It's on the darker side of the color spectrum. The back glass is super cool. The armor looks awesome.
I know some people wanted the armor to look like it has lines in it like in the Beskar bars. But when the bars are melted down into armor, it really just looks more like steel. All those lines are gone.
I'm not overly excited about the giant Grogu doll on the play field. I'm not surprised that he's there, because that little guy sells product for sure! I just really hope he does something. I can't imaging it won't be interactive in some way. For Stern to give up that much real estate on the play field and not have it do something would be absolutely insane.
I'm excited to see more pics and better pics, but so far it looks really good to me! I've been in on an LE for a while. Can't wait to get it!

Baby Yoda being a toy or a doll will probably impact buying decisions for some customers. If its the Roller Coaster Tycoon troll 2.0 people will complain endlessly, on the other hand if its interactive people will love it. Now if it just swivels a bit left to right and doesn't pickup the ball? Yeah...

There is something going on below Baby Yodas right hand this is reached out. Hopefully he picks up the ball and it then drops down in that area. Then again, if Baby Yoda can pickup the ball shouldn't we see a magnet core in his hand?

#1647 2 years ago

Maybe there is a magnet which grabs the ball and Grogu moves his hand to give a illusion of the force? I would be happy with that.

#1648 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I see some pooling and dimples on the playfield!

LMFAO

#1649 2 years ago

Ok. It's Tuesday. Bring on the high res pictures!

I'm not a buyer for this as I am waiting for a EHOH but can't wait to play this. My adult kids love the theme and we will plan a roundtrip to go play one ASAP.

#1650 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Maybe there is a magnet which grabs the ball and Grogu moves his hand to give a illusion of the force? I would be happy with that.

I would be good with that. I has to do something though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 22.95
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Cruces, NM
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/33?hl=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.