(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 153.
#1551 2 years ago
Quoted from Otto110:

I really wished they wouldn’t have put a big doll in the corner of these games. I understand it is cheaper than a mech of some sort and eats up real estate for Stern, but I’m just not into dolls.
Also, I’m pretty sure we’re getting really bright, colorful, comic art on all three instead of the cool western styled art that is shown in the credits of the show.
I like the artists style, but I really wanted something different than the Star Wars comic edition.

That giant toy really grates me atm... also looks like its just a flasher aimed at it and doesn't really do anything. Tbh it looks like something an 8yr old would chuck in the corner of their dads star wars pin and he has let them do it so as not to hurt their feelings. Too big and too much real estate.

#1552 2 years ago

Hopefully the Jar-Jar quotes are plentiful.

#1553 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Don't forget the background of the art is Mandalorian helmet so the total is 6

Oh yes! It is a mandalorian helmet inside a mandalorian helmet behind a mandalorian helmet and flanked by two mandalorian helmets… with a mandalorian helmet edition tag.

#1554 2 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Oh yes! It is a mandalorian helmet inside a mandalorian helmet behind a mandalorian helmet and flanked by two mandalorian helmets… with a mandalorian helmet edition tag.

So what you’re saying is this is really the Inception pinball machine?

#1555 2 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

count the mando heads! atleast 14 without even seeing the side art.

#1556 2 years ago

Regarding this pic, the only thing i can say is you guys get better eyes than me, by far.
Need to go to my local ophthalmologist

#1557 2 years ago
Quoted from koops:

And omg, get this...they named it Mandalorian!

#1558 2 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Are you counting storm troopers and not just mandalorians? I got 11 circled here. The shooter rod really should have been a Mando head.

9B9CF863-C1F6-4592-9ECF-B8BC0775A81B (resized).jpeg9B9CF863-C1F6-4592-9ECF-B8BC0775A81B (resized).jpeg
#1559 2 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Are you counting storm troopers and not just mandalorians? I got 11 circled here. The shooter rod really should have been a Mando head.
[quoted image]

You missed the one on the apron decal.

#1560 2 years ago

Any revealing regarding the coder?

#1561 2 years ago

If it is LE, you really think the armor package would be grey or classic chrome like on th3 pic?

#1562 2 years ago

Also, seems to be drawn, what i prefer over movie pic

#1563 2 years ago
Quoted from koops:

And people bitched about all the Icarus on LZ LE lol.

#1564 2 years ago
Quoted from tyson171:

If the pictures are real, reminds me of funhouse for some reason. What time is the trailer/reveal supposed to be tomorrow?

I thought the same. Ramp is in the same location, wire form going across the playfield. The helmet thingy (sorry, don’t know what it is, haven’t watched the show) in the same spot as Rudy...

#1565 2 years ago

damn... i was hoping for a desert like art style... what a fail, looks so unispired to me
adfg (resized).jpgadfg (resized).jpg

#1566 2 years ago

The art seems heavily inspired by season 2. And no sign of IG11 so far...

Rob

#1567 2 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

[quoted image]

ahh yes. my bad.

shooter rod will be an accessory.

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

And people bitched about all the Icarus on LZ LE lol.

hahahah! A nude guy with wings vs a guy in amour. Different strokes for different blokes

#1568 2 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Well it is The Mandalorian pinball

#1569 2 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

damn... i was hoping for a dessert like art style... what a fail, looks so unispired to me [quoted image]

I was hoping for this as the backglass also but plenty of stuff around for alt-translites.

#1570 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Well it is The Mandalorian pinball

never said it was a bad thing I'm hoping this is the starwars pin i've been waiting for.

#1571 2 years ago

grogu's eyes look too small compared to the rest of him. but overall if this is the game first impressions positive.

#1572 2 years ago
Quoted from koops:

never said it was a bad thing I'm hoping this is the starwars pin i've been waiting for.

hell yes, totally agree!

#1573 2 years ago

the helmet count is like the Game or Thrones gears ....lol

#1574 2 years ago

Looks packed!
Stranger Things was just Brian Eddy dusting off the cobwebs, he played it safe with the AFM rehash.
This will be his triumphant return to form.
Not a must own in my household but can’t wait to hunt one down and put a few games on it.
I hope for all you Star Wars fanatics out there, this is the pin you guys deserve.

#1575 2 years ago

yeah I thought something similar WRT stranger things.

#1576 2 years ago

Waoh, pretty impressive.

Hope the pro will not be too stripped, praying for the mini PF right now

#1577 2 years ago

Looks like Stern went ALL OUT... good for them!

#1578 2 years ago

Looks awesome! May be in for a premium down the line.

#1579 2 years ago

This is Brian Eddy creating a game that appears to have all the extra BOM that might have gone into LZ, although it’s a good game too. But because SW Mando will sell boatloads of machines for years to come, so Stern can afford to amortize the BOM costs over the years. Where something like LZ or BKSOR would never sell in those numbers and cannot justify the bigger BOM. It has received the GB treatment. Plus, like GNR, Mando appears to have all the assets, which is also what we all want in our machines. This looks to be a home run all the way around and is the Star Wars machine loaded with all the things we have always wanted. Mando looks to be SW Disneyland for our homes.

#1580 2 years ago

Unless Mandos head pops out of the back glass a la 3D like this is fake .The head crosses the back glass and into the top of the cabinet .

#1581 2 years ago

Also kinda hard to play without flippers the bottom of playfield disappears into the trough

#1582 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Unless Mandos head pops out of the back glass a la 3D like this is fake .The head crosses the back glass and into the top of the cabinet .

I noticed this, but wonder if like you say it is some kind of chrome 3D helmet back glass mold, maybe just for the LE.

#1583 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

No it doesn't, that "metal bar" is part of the picture (it's his visor again).

#1584 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

No it doesn't, that "metal bar" is part of the picture (it's his visor again).

Reguardless ,happy new pin day to all !

#1585 2 years ago

I kinda hope that is the LE, makes it easy for me to go with a premium, that things hideous!! And is that really the best a baby yoda doll that I can get for £15 from a toy shop? Wire forms look fantastic though, very shadow/Elwin esque.

#1586 2 years ago

This is really spiking my wire form fetish! This is definitely the way!

#1587 2 years ago

squinted so much at the picture I almost had a seizure I’ll just wait for later today to see what it actually looks like

#1588 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

squinted so much at the picture I almost had a seizure I’ll just wait for later today to see what it actually looks like

This is the way!

#1589 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Same for me haha! I need hires and videos!

#1590 2 years ago

It’s amazing the fantastical made up details this crowd can spin out of the thin gruel that is a single blurry photo. And then say with such authority like what you’re saying is the absolute truth.

Why not wait for some higher res photos before you declare your opinion with absolute certainty? Just saying.

#1591 2 years ago

It definitely looks like that big clear center ramp drops down...

#1592 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

This is Brian Eddy creating a game that appears to have all the extra BOM that might have gone into LZ, although it’s a good game too. But because SW Mando will sell boatloads of machines for years to come, so Stern can afford to amortize the BOM costs over the years. Where something like LZ or BKSOR would never sell in those numbers and cannot justify the bigger BOM. It has received the GB treatment. Plus, like GNR, Mando appears to have all the assets, which is also what we all want in our machines. This looks to be a home run all the way around and is the Star Wars machine loaded with all the things we have always wanted. Mando looks to be SW Disneyland for our homes.

In retrospect, the band Led Zeppelin sells itself. You either are into them or not. Less people are even familiar w/them than I thought. The game's barren on purpose. They're not going to sell LZ's for years and years. A license has to make money. I'm guessing it's a fairly short license.

#1593 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I kinda hope that is the LE, makes it easy for me to go with a premium, that things hideous!!

I wouldn't go that far, but it's not something that screams 'awesome' to me either. I didn't like the SWLE translite art either (I owned one). I really hope IG11 is going to be somewhere in the art though. It would be a damn shame if he wasn't.

Rob

#1594 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

It’s amazing the fantastical made up details this crowd can spin out of the thin gruel that is a single blurry photo. And then say with such authority like what you’re saying is the absolute truth.

I laughed at this because it's true, and it happens every time an image of a pinball machine leaks out early. As ridiculous as some of the prognostication can be, I must admit I find it quite entertaining.

#1595 2 years ago

wrong thread

#1596 2 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

I hate Star Wars...
And Lord of The Rings...
And Harry Potter...
etc
How about something actually interesting or different?
Pulp Fiction? Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas? Always Sunny in Philadelphia? Succession? Think outside the box people...the repetitive nature of the industry is nauseating.
Oh and what happened to original titles? You know...the ones you can actually make more money on because you're not paying Disney 1200$ a machine in royalties?
"Popular themes sell pinball machines though!"
That's because on the rare occurrence they do make a game that isn't cookie cutter stamped with the flavor of the year, it's utter crap like black knight pro or elvira, or some music pin from a band that nobody's given two shits about in 30 years!
This is Brian Eddy you morons! He created arguably the two best pinball machines of all time WITH NO MAJOR THEME.....HELLO? Talk about not knowing how to use your talent...
Yes, it'll sell. But this Stern complacency in the marketplace will come back to bite them in the ass eventually. Some other company will get with the program and actually focus on fun innovative tech and experiences instead of chasing licenses....
The public doesn't know what they want until you give it to them.

Not sure why you would drop into a thread of a theme you don't like and take the time to rant like this.

#1597 2 years ago

Don't worry folks Kaneda has said he'll refund all of your deposits for the LE cancelations with Pepsi Clear.
for real....just email him

#1598 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Not sure why you would drop into a thread of a theme you don't like and take the time to rant like this.

seems like the perfect place to complain about the theme i dont like?

i am an le buyer, not some shlub...

#1599 2 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

I hate Star Wars...
And Lord of The Rings...
And Harry Potter...
etc
How about something actually interesting or different?
Pulp Fiction? Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas? Always Sunny in Philadelphia? Succession? Think outside the box people...the repetitive nature of the industry is nauseating.
Oh and what happened to original titles? You know...the ones you can actually make more money on because you're not paying Disney 1200$ a machine in royalties?
"Popular themes sell pinball machines though!"
That's because on the rare occurrence they do make a game that isn't cookie cutter stamped with the flavor of the year, it's utter crap like black knight pro or elvira, or some music pin from a band that nobody's given two shits about in 30 years! Odd Future pinball? Kanye West pinball? Get somebody under the age of 40 on staff?
This is Brian Eddy you morons! He created arguably the two best pinball machines of all time WITH NO MAJOR THEME.....HELLO? Talk about not knowing how to use your talent...
Yes, it'll sell. But this Stern complacency in the marketplace will come back to bite them in the ass eventually. Some other company will get with the program and actually focus on fun innovative tech and experiences instead of chasing licenses....
The public doesn't know what they want until you give it to them.

Bad place to speak about that

Maybe in the Next Stern Pin thread

#1600 2 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

seems like the perfect place to complain about the theme i dont like?
i am an le buyer, not some shlub...

Stern thread dude.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, VA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 19.95
$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/32 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.