(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,620 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by brzezicki
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg
5.42 Mandalorian Manual (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 153.
#1501 2 years ago

This is some pretty sloppy photoshop work, authentic or not...

664ABF46-6B32-4080-A3F3-BCA4CF33F3F0 (resized).png664ABF46-6B32-4080-A3F3-BCA4CF33F3F0 (resized).png
#1502 2 years ago

I’m thinking no helmet at all in the pro, but all 3 models will get the Hasbro giant baby Yoda.

#1503 2 years ago
Quoted from JRocket:

It would appear that the helmet IS the upper playfield.

Yes, I noticed the flipper it must fold down to play, I don't think it's vertical pf, it would make no sense. Also baby Yoda's hand doesn't seem to have magnet in it....? It looks plastic.

#1504 2 years ago
Quoted from Bellystyle:

That looks like a vertical upper playfield to me. If so, that sucks. Like I've always said, the Pro is always the best. Every time....

You can tell it sucks from that blurry photo?

#1505 2 years ago

Spent a little while digesting the photo... as a fan of the show, I'm pretty happy with the LE backglass art. Nice to see Ahsoka, Boba, the Darksaber, and obviously Din & Grogu. The Armorer, Bo Katan and the Trooper helms on pikes are awesome. Big fan of comic book art, looks simple and clean. This is the Way. (I'm always a little worried about wacky/off art/color packages for LE's like Slimer green GBLE... yuck, no offense to proud owners).

If I'm being honest I've seen sooooo much Grogu (he's literally everywhere... the marketing department at Disney overdid it... he's like a song that's played too much), so the massive toy is the corner is both expected and exhausting. I get it, it makes sense.

I hope the plastic ship finish is more muted/dirty "metal" and not "chrome". I doubly hope it activates and does not bounce on a spring (Baby DP, Tie Fighter...). If it loads a ball and rotates/shoots (aka POTC) holy crap I will be amazed but I'm not holding my breath.

Video/music assets are super important for me personally, and I understand we might get some "voice acting" (as in "Aboboli-bobli-bo" from GOTG)... it happens. So the possibility of custom Carl Weathers callouts are a big bonus, like Chief Hopper on STh or Winston on GB. Love it.

Lastly the vert/moving upper PF "Helmet" is going to be interesting. Hard to pass judgement on it this early, but I hope it's exciting and engaging given it's size/scale. Lots of ramps/wireform/subway potential, will be up and ready tomorrow AM for the big day.

#1506 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Looking forward to the awkward callouts from Carl Weathers, although he may have a good voice for "jackpot". Seriously, was Pedro Pascal too expensive?
Temuera Morrison would have been nice, or even Rosario Dawson.

"Its all in the hips" "just tap it in" oh wait, wrong Carl Weathers movie

#1507 2 years ago

Let’s be real it’s not even to scale .... I would not doubt if this is based somehow on the real game but thats not it 100%

#1508 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

"Its all in the hips" "just tap it in" oh wait, wrong Carl Weathers movie

Why isn’t there a Billy Madison pin?

#1509 2 years ago
Quoted from jarch:

Spent a little while digesting the photo... as a fan of the show, I'm pretty happy with the LE backglass art. Nice to see Ahsoka, Boba, the Darksaber, and obviously Din & Grogu. The Armorer, Bo Katan and the Trooper helms on pikes are awesome. Big fan of comic book art, looks simple and clean. This is the Way. (I'm always a little worried about wacky/off art/color packages for LE's like Slimer green GBLE or Solid Gold GOTLE... yuck, no offense to proud owners).
If I'm being honest I've seen sooooo much Grogu (he's literally everywhere... the marketing department at Disney overdid it... he's like a song that's played too much), so the massive toy is the corner is both expected and exhausting. I get it, it makes sense.
I hope the plastic ship finish is more muted/dirty "metal" and not "chrome". I doubly hope it activates and does not bounce on a spring (Baby DP, Tie Fighter...). If it loads a ball and rotates/shoots (aka POTC) holy crap I will be amazed but I'm not holding my breath.
Video/music assets are super important for me personally, and I understand we might get some "voice acting" (as in "Aboboli-bobli-bo" from GOTG)... it happens. So the possibility of custom Carl Weathers callouts are a big bonus, like Chief Hopper on STh or Winston on GB. Love it.
Lastly the vert/moving upper PF "Helmet" is going to be interesting. Hard to pass judgement on it this early, but I hope it's exciting and engaging given it's size/scale. Lots of ramps/wireform/subway potential, will be up and ready tomorrow AM for the big day.

Gotle armour was black. Only going on the one blurry photo and my opinion may change but it looks like a bit of a cluttered hot mess. More doesnt always mean more. Pro may be a winner here.

#1510 2 years ago

No t molding in the photo

Odd

#1511 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Gotle armour was black.

Yeah, I fixed my post 2 seconds after posting. I think I'm stills scarred from WWELE Hulk Edition era pinball. I just remember the fire/sand/yellow vibe from GOTLE but was absolutely incorrect about gold. My bad!

#1512 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Odd

Probably chrome t molding and lighting

#1513 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Odd

Look again. It’s there.
It the light reflection that makes it look that way.

#1514 2 years ago
Quoted from Bellystyle:

That looks like a vertical upper playfield to me. If so, that sucks. Like I've always said, the Pro is always the best. Every time....

Exact opposite opinion. I never even consider the pro.

#1515 2 years ago
Quoted from Bellystyle:

Pros R 4 Hoes

#1516 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You sure about that? Stern is ok with distros jacking the prices to the moon as they see fit? Not a great experience on the buying side when you have no idea what something may cost despite Stern putting a price on a game.

This is what the LE collecting game has become. Collectors have clearly established that market value is more than MSRP. Don't like it, there will be Premiums and Pros at MSRP.

#1517 2 years ago

The hype begins!

6E25D9FC-F983-40BA-A6DD-A09726F9D5F3 (resized).jpeg6E25D9FC-F983-40BA-A6DD-A09726F9D5F3 (resized).jpeg
#1518 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

This is some pretty sloppy photoshop work, authentic or not...[quoted image]

That has nothing to do with the photoshop job and is the result of the intentionally reduced resolution of the image.

#1519 2 years ago
Quoted from Wilberto757:

The hype begins!

That Mythosaur signet on the ball reflection is #winning

#1520 2 years ago
Quoted from Wilberto757:

The hype begins!
[quoted image]

The artists impression of the artwork on the game looks better than the actual game.

#1521 2 years ago

I know this isn't a clear photo but there is alot (too much?) going on here. The playfield looks like it will be cluttered. Hopefully not. I'd be buying a Pro anyway so I'm sure some of that stuff will be pulled.

#1522 2 years ago

Wonder if that tease pic is the style of the LCD animations?

#1523 2 years ago
Quoted from jarch:

That Mythosaur signet on the ball reflection is #winning

Wonder if they will see my graphic and put it to use in their actual advertisement campaigns. Man im in the wrong marketing industry, I need to work for one of these fun companies!

#1524 2 years ago

Any word on who is on code that could make or break purchases for a lot of people. There are some coders at stern that I won’t buy anymore. Too many bad ones.

#1525 2 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Any word on who is on code that could make or break purchases for a lot of people. There are some coders at stern that I won’t buy anymore. Too many bad ones.

I think it's Lonnie Ropp?

#1526 2 years ago
Quoted from Wilberto757:

Wonder if they will see my graphic and put it to use in their actual advertisement campaigns.

I thought this was Stern... super impressive! Nicely done!

#1527 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I know this isn't a clear photo but there is alot (too much?) going on here. The playfield looks like it will be cluttered. Hopefully not. I'd be buying a Pro anyway so I'm sure some of that stuff will be pulled.

Rest easy your pro won’t be cramped.

#1528 2 years ago

Theme is a home run but code makes or breaks it. I’ll wait til code is further along and go pro or premium If it’s any good

#1529 2 years ago
Quoted from Bellystyle:

You’re out of your mind. Pros are only great for penny pinchers . A rotating upper playfield looks like a blast!

#1530 2 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

I've felt that way in the past, but willing to wait to see rules (1.0) before I throw anything out. Code has gotten better all around IMO.

#1531 2 years ago

Soooo, whose dropping their LE order? Just kidding folks, put the pitchforks down.

#1532 2 years ago

Only 4 mandalorians on the backglass? Cmon could have squeezed a few more on there, no?

Oh wait the LE badge makes 5 - thank goodness! Game is gonna rock!!

#1533 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Looking forward to the awkward callouts from Carl Weathers, although he may have a good voice for "jackpot". Seriously, was Pedro Pascal too expensive?
Temuera Morrison would have been nice, or even Rosario Dawson.

Bill Burr. Bill fucking Burr. I bet he'd have a great jackpot callout.

#1534 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Bill Burr. Bill fucking Burr. I bet he'd have a great jackpot callout.

He’s on the art package. Hopefully on the LCD/in modes as well.

#1535 2 years ago

Assuming some "bounty hunter job" based mission system (hoping), Carl Weathers' character Greef Karga makes sense. He can do custom callouts to track your mission status, bounties collected etc. He's a great pick for game/mission narrator IMO for this reason.

#1536 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

He’s on the art package.

Where? Insider info or am I simply blind to miss him on the super-fuzzy photo?

#1537 2 years ago

Maaaaany of my customers want it...

#1538 2 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Only 4 mandalorians on the backglass? Cmon could have squeezed a few more on there, no?
Oh wait the LE badge makes 5 - thank goodness! Game is gonna rock!!

Don't forget the background of the art is Mandalorian helmet so the total is 6

#1539 2 years ago

I really wished they wouldn’t have put a big doll in the corner of these games. I understand it is cheaper than a mech of some sort and eats up real estate for Stern, but I’m just not into dolls.
Also, I’m pretty sure we’re getting really bright, colorful, comic art on all three instead of the cool western styled art that is shown in the credits of the show.
I like the artists style, but I really wanted something different than the Star Wars comic edition.

#1540 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Rest easy your pro won’t be cramped.

Pros always have room to add toys!

#1541 2 years ago

Since it's Eddy on design, where's the flying cow?

#1542 2 years ago

This art package makes me realize his much I love ZY even more.

#1543 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Since it's Eddy on design, where's the flying cow?

TBD

#1544 2 years ago
Quoted from Otto110:

I really wished they wouldn’t have put a big doll in the corner of these games. I understand it is cheaper than a mech of some sort and eats up real estate for Stern, but I’m just not into dolls.

Completely agree on that point.

#1545 2 years ago
Quoted from jarch:

Where? Insider info or am I simply blind to miss him on the super-fuzzy photo?

You’ll see tomorrow.

#1546 2 years ago
Quoted from Otto110:

Also, I’m pretty sure we’re getting really bright, colorful, comic art on all three instead of the cool western styled art that is shown in the credits of the show.
I like the artists style, but I really wanted something different than the Star Wars comic edition.

I'm with ya. I really hope Baby Yoda is an actual toy in the game and not a larger one of these that does nothing...

fgfg (resized).JPGfgfg (resized).JPG

#1547 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm with ya. I really hope Baby Yoda is an actual toy in the game and not a larger one of these that does nothing...
[quoted image]

What are you saying? That one bounced up and down!

#1548 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

What are you saying? That one bounced up and down!

Now you are making me wonder if it really is a doll that Stern has modified to rotate left and right a bit lol.

#1549 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Don't forget the background of the art is Mandalorian helmet so the total is 6

ohhhhh, hadn’t realised that! Nice one!

#1550 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Seriously, was Pedro Pascal too expensive?

I’m 12 episodes in and haven’t heard him say anything above a gravely monotone. Works for the character, not for callouts that have to compete with other pinball noise.

It was probably either Carl Weathers or Horatio Sanz. Count your blessings.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 22.95
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

8,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 7,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/31?hl=tbutler6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.