(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

7 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,477 posts
  • 798 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Dahawk007
  • Topic is favorited by 200 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 426 votes
    44%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    21%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(961 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

12C92E26-53C8-4374-A367-32DF9043F893.gif
22C25D51-C4BF-4E56-93B7-E72F8BADA927 (resized).png
E915B358-12C9-436D-8AF8-8E0C38675E1E (resized).png
C9A560EC-287F-4670-9675-6DECF4EE8A53 (resized).png
giphy.gif
Crane Kick.gif
thumbs up. (resized).jpg
MB (resized).jpg
Tie Fighter Mod 1 (resized).jpg
Tie Fighter mod (resized).jpg
IMG_5623 (resized).jpg
IMG_5624 (resized).jpg
IMG_5622 (resized).jpg
D552F2B5-C68E-4001-81F4-9E4D7F86B508 (resized).jpeg
Mezel Mods foundry scoop light (resized).jpg
20211004_170546 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,477 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 150.
#1451 6 months ago

I see. Left orbit/spinner, scoop(maybe subway) right ramp, looks like Mando’s ship with wire form return to the right flipper, center turn around to wire form inner orbit or possibly the feed to the ship wire form and an orbit. Think the helmet could just be a vuk but we will see.

#1452 6 months ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I feel like this could be the most packed pro ever or the absolute biggest downgrade from a pro ever

My guess is the pro will be missing the mini playfield and the ship model will be a plastic. Haven't played a pin yet where the mini playfield was a must have for me, doubt this one will be any different.

#1453 6 months ago

Looks cool…. What is in the middle of the playfield… is that the ship ?

I can’t tell what that upper playfield is on the right…. Not sure if that is vertical… horizontal….

Looking forward to more pics…. Hoping baby yoga is interactive somehow….

#1454 6 months ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

Probably going to cost more due to the license, I'm guessing?

They're supposed to be $9200 they're purposefully pocketing extra money due to demand. I feel like this shouldn't be allowed and Stern should cut their allotment.

#1455 6 months ago

Looking forward to the full reveal, seems like a lot going on in the game but if Baby Yoda takes up that much room and does nothing it would be a bummer. If the Baby Yoda sculpt is just a stationary doll similar to the ones I saw selling at Costco around Christmas time that would be a bummer. Artwork is just meh but need to see high resolution photos.

#1456 6 months ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

They're supposed to be $9200 they're purposefully pocketing extra money due to demand. I feel like this shouldn't be allowed and Stern should cut their allotment.

But I can buy one and sell it the next day for whatever I want. Why can’t dealers?

#1457 6 months ago

Hard to tell but I am not seeing the side lights like LZ.

#1458 6 months ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I was hoping to reassure folks who are excited about it.

Dude, seriously appreciate the info. Haters gonna hate, F em. You rock, thanks for helping set expectations for tomorrow!

#1459 6 months ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Hard to tell but I am not seeing the side lights like LZ.

Why would you?

#1460 6 months ago

Personally I feel like the artwork on the backbox (if it’s real) feels reminiscent of the original trilogy artwork. It’s not for everyone, but I’d be ok with it, and back box artwork is one of my lowest priorities anyway.

I won’t be passing judgement until I see the game in action

#1461 6 months ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Just noticed the Beskar has waves in it too look more like forged metal I think.

I can't tell if it's fuzzy photo compression artifacts or swirly-ass Beskar awesomeness... hoping for the latter.

#1462 6 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Why would you?

I too assumed that the “expression lighting” might be in all new stern games like JJPs hot rails could be in future games???

I really enjoyed the lighting in LZ and GNR

#1463 6 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

But I can buy one and sell it the next day for whatever I want. Why can’t dealers?

You're telling me you want distributors marking up a price for future pinball machines because they can? It's our only outlet to get machines from Stern if this becomes precedent then it's just shit show. They're supposed to be 9k not flipping 14k, you trying to defend this is ludacris.

#1465 6 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Either dealers will capitalize on excess demand or scalpers will. Like it or not, I’d rather the dealers who stuck with this hobby for so long get a chance to make bank rather than carpet bagging opportunists.

My 2 cents anyway.

#1466 6 months ago

I want the distributors to make as much money as they can. Same for stern. Might price me out, no big deal.

#1467 6 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That would be like Best Buy selling a PS5 for $800 at Christmas. This isn’t StockX.

#1468 6 months ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Feel like that is pretty scummy if you ask me!

Yeah... Scum and Villainy... no surprise here. Almost seems poetic. Bounty, er, I mean LE Hunting is a complicated profession.

zog-one (resized).jpg
#1469 6 months ago

Shout out to flip n out. I'm in on an LE. No markup. Just got on the list early.

#1470 6 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

That would be like Best Buy selling a PS5 for $800 at Christmas. This isn’t StockX.

Not the same at all. There aren’t different versions of PS5 that you can get that aren’t marked up like crazy.

#1471 6 months ago
Quoted from Coz:

I too assumed that the “expression lighting” might be in all new stern games like JJPs hot rails could be in future games???

Not me, was just a feature of a band pin just like hot rails on G&R. Would take away from the other toys/mechs BOM if they included it on every pin going forward.

#1472 6 months ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Like it or not, I’d rather the dealers who stuck with this hobby for so long get a chance to make bank rather than carpet bagging opportunists.

Totally agree... they power our hobby and keep shit machines sitting around for months/years at a time (at their expense!), field all of our phone calls, hook us up when they can with deals. Let them win, support your distros and F the scalpers. Flip this!

#1473 6 months ago

Looks horrible and mechanisms probably will fail. Please downvote me. Thank you.

#1474 6 months ago

So far I just like that the playfield appears not traditional or a fan layout. It looks unique and as if Eddy has finally been unleashed. Excited for the full reveal and for higher resolution photos.

#1475 6 months ago

I wouldn’t mind a unique implementation of a hot rail that looked like lasers firing from a ship. But hot rails similar to GNR/LZ would feel out of place IMO. (And I say that as someone who loves the hot rails in GNR.)

#1476 6 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I want the distributors to make as much money as they can. Same for stern. Might price me out, no big deal.

Gary at home seeing this.

2539433-2642583531-24674.gif

#1477 6 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not the same at all. There aren’t different versions of PS5 that you can get that aren’t marked up like crazy.

It is the same because scalpers are making the money flipping them. Why shouldn’t Best Buy be making the money?

#1478 6 months ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Looks horrible and mechanisms probably will fail. Please downvote me. Thank you.

Here’s an upvote just to spite you

#1479 6 months ago
Quoted from Waxx:

It is the same because scalpers are making the money flipping them. Why shouldn’t Best Buy be making the money?

Because they legally can’t. They have to sell those for exactly what they paid for them. That’s the contract they signed.

These pinball distros can sell games for whatever they want.

Again. Not the same at all.

#1480 6 months ago

I dont see any pops. I've been waiting for another game where we have no pops.

That baby yoda takes up an alarming amount of room.

#1481 6 months ago

If the pictures are real, reminds me of funhouse for some reason. What time is the trailer/reveal supposed to be tomorrow?

#1482 6 months ago
Quoted from tyson171:

If the pictures are real, reminds me of funhouse for some reason. What time is the trailer/reveal supposed to be tomorrow?

At the absolute latest 5pm eastern. But word is some time earlier in the day.

#1483 6 months ago

The game looks packed, and yes baby Yoda picks up the ball (It fucking better)...I don't even mind the art, it could've been worse. But that plastic helmet looks like shit man, I hope somebody can make a better mod for that. I'm curious how that upper pf plays....I hope it's not a big disappointment mech wise.

#1484 6 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Because they legally can’t. They have to sell those for exactly what they paid for them. That’s the contract they signed.
These pinball distros can sell games for whatever they want.
Again. Not the same at all.

You sure about that? Stern is ok with distros jacking the prices to the moon as they see fit? Not a great experience on the buying side when you have no idea what something may cost despite Stern putting a price on a game.

#1485 6 months ago
Quoted from kvan99:

The game looks packed, and yes baby Yoda picks up the ball (It fucking better)...I don't even mind the art, it could've been worse. But that plastic helmet looks like shit man, I hope somebody can make a better mod for that. I'm curious how that upper pf plays....I hope it's not a big disappointment mech wise.

It would appear that the helmet IS the upper playfield.

#1487 6 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You sure about that? Stern is ok with distros jacking the prices to the moon as they see fit? Not a great experience on the buying side when you have no idea what something may cost despite Stern putting a price on a game.

It’s happening on one game, and the LEs only. I have zero clue what the contracts with stern say, but Distros going over MSRP is nothing new.

And you’ll know exactly what something will cost once you ask the distro.

#1488 6 months ago
Quoted from Mando:

Not convinced that’s legit

You should know. Or change your pinside name and avatar right now.

#1489 6 months ago

Looking forward to the awkward callouts from Carl Weathers, although he may have a good voice for "jackpot". Seriously, was Pedro Pascal too expensive?

Temuera Morrison would have been nice, or even Rosario Dawson.

#1490 6 months ago
Quoted from Mando:

Not convinced that’s legit

This is the way.

#1491 6 months ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Looking forward to the awkward callouts from Carl Weathers, although he may have a good voice for "jackpot". Seriously, was Pedro Pascal too expensive?
Temuera Morrison would have been nice, or even Rosario Dawson.

Is Carl Weathers for sure? Who even started that one?

#1492 6 months ago

Doesnt say hes auctioning all his Le's, just the final 4 is how I read it. Good move and fair IMO.

309f580accd9c90f6e18838d429f3936a7789306 (resized).jpeg
#1493 6 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s happening on one game, and the LEs only. I have zero clue what the contracts with stern say, but Distros going over MSRP is nothing new.
And you’ll know exactly what something will cost once you ask the distro.

There is actually precedence for Stern allowing distributors to charge whatever they want. Beatles was done this was with the Diamond edition.

#1494 6 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You should know. Or change your pinside name and avatar right now.

Just a fan .... and it’s basically the first half of my last name

#1495 6 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I dunno, but this would be nice

#1496 6 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Carl Weathers.

#1497 6 months ago
Quoted from Mando:

Just a fan .... and it’s basically the first half of my last name

Is the other half lorian?

#1498 6 months ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

. They're supposed to be 9k not flipping 14k, you trying to defend this is ludacris.

Which Ludacris is it? Like early 2000’s “Move Bitch, Get Out The Way” Luda, or more “Chris Bridges” type of crazy?

#1500 6 months ago

That looks like a vertical upper playfield to me. If so, that sucks. Like I've always said, the Pro is always the best. Every time....

There are 7,477 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 150.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside