(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

7 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,477 posts
  • 798 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Dahawk007
  • Topic is favorited by 200 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 426 votes
    44%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    21%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(961 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

12C92E26-53C8-4374-A367-32DF9043F893.gif
22C25D51-C4BF-4E56-93B7-E72F8BADA927 (resized).png
E915B358-12C9-436D-8AF8-8E0C38675E1E (resized).png
C9A560EC-287F-4670-9675-6DECF4EE8A53 (resized).png
giphy.gif
Crane Kick.gif
thumbs up. (resized).jpg
MB (resized).jpg
Tie Fighter Mod 1 (resized).jpg
Tie Fighter mod (resized).jpg
IMG_5623 (resized).jpg
IMG_5624 (resized).jpg
IMG_5622 (resized).jpg
D552F2B5-C68E-4001-81F4-9E4D7F86B508 (resized).jpeg
Mezel Mods foundry scoop light (resized).jpg
20211004_170546 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,477 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 150.
#1301 6 months ago

Coin Taker confirmed no more LE's, I emailed them 2 weeks ago to get on a list... There goes 2 / 5 lists I was on.

#1302 6 months ago

Yeah, but you know how Disney is with stuff. Honestly I'm just glad to know that the pin has all the music assets because they're really important to the theme.
If I told you how I knew I probably wouldn't get told anything else.
I don't ever leak stuff, but I feel like the people who are super excited about the game might get disappointed if they thought maybe the music wasn't in there, so I thought that was important enough to share. I'm just a dude excited to get mine!

Quoted from king_pin:

What a cluster F! Also, where you getting your info lol

#1303 6 months ago
Quoted from kvan99:

.So we know the game has a drop ramp like Stranger Things,

This has been misinterpreted. No drop ramp.

#1304 6 months ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I don't ever leak stuff, but I feel like the people who are super excited about the game might get disappointed if they thought maybe the music wasn't in there, so I thought that was important enough to share.

Be prepared to keep telling people this for the next couple weeks. Haha

#1305 6 months ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Reveal tomorrow morning wont have the music from the show, but it is in the game itself. They weren't able to get the license to use the show theme and music for the actual marketing of the pin. But...it is in the game, so that's good.

If true, how is this not the first thing they do when getting licenses, then have it on their own servers so not subject to Facebook and Youtube censorship

#1306 6 months ago

Yeah, we desperately need pics! Kinda expected the series music would be on that pinball..! As long as they keep the features intact on all the iconic characters!! Still looking at that duck faced 'this is NOT Alec Baldwin' character on Shadow, lol

Also, this is how I explained away the differences between Pro, Premium and LE to my girlfriend.. she said I should get LE if I could!
Screenshot_20210508-170110_Chrome (resized).jpg Screenshot_20210508-165850_Chrome (resized).jpg Screenshot_20210508-170034_Chrome (resized).jpg

#1307 6 months ago

So does someone have a link on where to view this tomorrow?...and what time we talking ?

#1308 6 months ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Yeah, we desperately need pics! Kinda expected the series music would be on that pinball..!

All the music from the series is in the game.

#1309 6 months ago

I'll drop one more. 3 different art packages and if you liked Randy's work on Star Wars you'll probably be excited about these machines.
I haven't seen them. I'm hoping they capture the darker vibe of the series and aren't too bright. I could see where it might make sense to have the pro be more like the comic art and go darker on the LE. Who knows till tomorrow.

#1310 6 months ago

It would be freaking awesome if the topper was like Black Knight: Sword of Rage and was basically this. BUY BUY BUY!

#1311 6 months ago
Quoted from hool10:

It would be freaking awesome if the topper was like Black Knight: Sword of Rage and was basically this. BUY BUY BUY!

Both cute AND Child's Play horror vibes at the same time.. lol

#1312 6 months ago
Quoted from monkfe:

So does someone have a link on where to view this tomorrow?...and what time we talking ?

Are you talking about the Stern Army stream? If so I am pretty sure you have to be a rep to be able to view this stream but maybe someone will capture it and post it after the fact.

#1313 6 months ago
Quoted from hool10:

Topper 100% must be animatronic Grogu !

#1314 6 months ago
Quoted from Smack:

Are you talking about the Stern Army stream? If so I am pretty sure you have to be a rep to be able to view this stream but maybe someone will capture it and post it after the fact.

Well the public unveiling anyway...

#1315 6 months ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I'll drop one more. 3 different art packages and if you liked Randy's work on Star Wars you'll probably be excited about these machines.
I haven't seen them. I'm hoping they capture the darker vibe of the series and aren't too bright. I could see where it might make sense to have the pro be more like the comic art and go darker on the LE. Who knows till tomorrow.

Ain't it a given to have 3 different art packages on Stern games? I mean no offense, but tomorrow we'll see some blurry, badly framed pics, lol, so if you have anything cool now would be the time!

#1316 6 months ago

Leaked pic of the actual topper

26378F8D-1339-424F-AA73-7A4EBAE2FB6E (resized).png
#1317 6 months ago

I could have used better wording. Apparently it was made to sound like they're very different art packages? Maybe that means a different style. We'll find out tomorrow. Some of the releases like Deadpool and TMNT off the top of my head seemed like it was the same art just different versions of it. Whereas LZ is completely different stuff.

We should get a full reveal tomorrow with good high quality everything.

Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Ain't it a given to have 3 different art packages on Stern games? I mean no offense, but tomorrow we'll see some blurry, badly framed pics, lol, so if you have anything cool now would be the time!

#1318 6 months ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Well the public unveiling anyway...

If this follows how LZ was released, PinballNews should have proper photos up tomorrow. Correct me if I am wrong but I think the distros had their conference call during the morning of December 15th and this post was not too far behind.

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2020/12/15/stern-reveals-led-zeppelin-pinball/

#1319 6 months ago

Public reveal is tomorrow. Distro meeting tomorrow and the Stern Army meeting tomorrow as well. We'll have good photos tomorrow.

Quoted from Smack:

If this follows how LZ was released, PinballNews should have proper photos up tomorrow. Correct me if I am wrong but I think the distros had their conference call during the morning of December 15th and this post was not too far behind.
https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2020/12/15/stern-reveals-led-zeppelin-pinball/

#1320 6 months ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I could have used better wording. Apparently it was made to sound like they're very different art package?

I would see a Mando Pro with more Grogu on the art package and toys, because it would be more accessible as a family oriented game. Then a darker side Premium, with washed out stormtroopers, sleek darktroppers, Moff Gideon.. then, the LE that goes full Mandalore, with beskar armour, Boba Fett..

#1321 6 months ago

That sounds like it would look epic. I hope the beskar looks like beskar and not just shiny steel, but I really hope it looks fun. I've been told you're not going to be able to get a great feel on how it's going to play until you can flip it, so I'm taking that for what it is.

Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I would see a Mando Pro with more Grogu on the art package and toys, because it would be more accessible as a family oriented game. Then a darker side Premium, with washed out stormtroopers, sleek darktroppers, Moff Gideon.. then, the LE that goes full Mandalore, with beskar armour, Boba Fett..

#1322 6 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This has been misinterpreted. No drop ramp.

What's next? are you going to tell me the Beskar armor is not real Beskar?

#1323 6 months ago

My favorite CW line.

#1324 6 months ago

It’s a bit weird that Stern Army get to view the meeting but not Stern Insiders. I thought Army was more about competition pinball?

And if you don’t get access to these things, what’s the point of being an Insider anyway?

#1325 6 months ago

Does Stern finally put real chrome on an LE?............no chance. Wishful thinking.

#1326 6 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It’s a bit weird that Stern Army get to view the meeting but not Stern Insiders. I thought Army was more about competition pinball?
And if you don’t get access to these things, what’s the point of being an Insider anyway?

I have to agree with this. What's the Benefit?? of Stern Insider??

#1327 6 months ago

LE's sold out? No pics or info? I guess ignorance is bliss. GL to you all. The FOMO is strong with you.

#1328 6 months ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

LE's sold out? No pics or info? I guess ignorance is bliss.

Will be an interesting day!

484AE1C9-300C-4CC2-B5EA-9F54F72198A4 (resized).jpeg

#1329 6 months ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

I have to agree with this. What's the Benefit?? of Stern Insider??

This is purely speculation on my part, but Stern Army representatives are basically ambassadors for people that play on location, in particular to those that play in leagues and tournaments. If I had to guess, they want these ambassadors to get the word out that:

A) Location pinball is coming back (or is back depending on your locale)

B) Here is this highly anticipated title that has the ability to resonate with a large audience. Let's make sure it hits locations we play in.

That is my 2 cents but I won't even begin to speculate on the value or benefit of being an Insider.

#1330 6 months ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Yeah, but you know how Disney is with stuff. Honestly I'm just glad to know that the pin has all the music assets because they're really important to the theme.
If I told you how I knew I probably wouldn't get told anything else.
I don't ever leak stuff, but I feel like the people who are super excited about the game might get disappointed if they thought maybe the music wasn't in there, so I thought that was important enough to share. I'm just a dude excited to get mine!

How is it that a Pinsider of less than a year has a secret source at Stern?

#1331 6 months ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Yeah, we desperately need pics! Kinda expected the series music would be on that pinball..! As long as they keep the features intact on all the iconic characters!! Still looking at that duck faced 'this is NOT Alec Baldwin' character on Shadow, lol
Also, this is how I explained away the differences between Pro, Premium and LE to my girlfriend.. she said I should get LE if I could!
[quoted image] [quoted image] [quoted image]

I just spit out my drink. Ha

#1332 6 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

Will be an interesting day!
[quoted image]

591l4v (resized).jpg

#1333 6 months ago
Quoted from king_pin:

If I was a betting man, and I am, I’d take NashtyFunk’s word on this title....

#1334 6 months ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Apparently you do... #PhoneAFriend

#1335 6 months ago

3 different art packages guys! Really putting your chin out on that nugget.

#1336 6 months ago
Quoted from BlackTiePinhead:

If I was a betting man, and I am, I’d take NashtyFunk’s word on this title....

He's also telling us things that are most likely to happen anyway. I don't need a secret guy for any of that.

And you just joined Pinside 49 days ago. Both from Texas living less than an hour apart.

#1337 6 months ago

Okay, since we all know that the secret to happiness is managed expectations, here's my contribution to this thread...

It’s not "The Mandalorian", it’s "Inspired by The Mandalorian" - different characters, voices (brought back the guy from Walking Dead), plot, locations and oh yeah, no Baby Yoda because his agent was being a dick. And Gomez designed his own version of the Razor Crest ship, and it's on a spring!

#1338 6 months ago

Seriously though My expectations should be tempered for the following reasons...

1) this is a brand new show meaning that it’s possible that the timeline for this game is rushed to coincide with the end of season 2

2) I’m assuming that Eddy was assigned to the game because they are just going to slap the mandalorian theme to his “shadow 2.0” layout that already existed

3) the last game by this crew was pretty awful at launch for a variety of reasons though It did improve greatly with time

4) it’s Disney. Disney sucks and you know they are limiting the creative freedom of the team big time

There, now I can be pleasantly surprised tomorrow

#1339 6 months ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Okay, since we all know that the secret to happiness is managed expectations, here's my contribution to this thread...
It’s not "The Mandalorian", it’s "Inspired by The Mandalorian" - different characters, voices (brought back the guy from Walking Dead), plot, locations and oh yeah, no Baby Yoda because his agent was being a dick. And Gomez designed his own version of the Razor Crest ship, and it's on a spring!

lol, didn't help one bit managing my expectations!

Let's all meet again right here tomorrow, when we get to read about people that are totally happy about what they see, and others that complain about the tint of the green not being green enough! (forgot to add, there will be some complaining that it should have been Jaws all along!)

#1340 6 months ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Seriously though My expectations should be tempered for the following reasons...
1) this is a brand new show meaning that it’s possible that the timeline for this game is rushed to coincide with the end of season 2

Season 2 was over and done with 6 months ago.

#1341 6 months ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

lol, didn't help one bit managing my expectations!
Let's all meet again right here tomorrow, when we get to read about people that are totally happy about what they see, and others that complain about the tint of the green not being green enough! (forgot to add, there will be some complaining that it should have been Jaws all along!)

Not enough flippers, not enough mechs, not enough ramps, too many ramps.

And then the inevitable questions like does the pf have chipping and dimpling? Are the guides rubbing on the clearcoat?

#1342 6 months ago

Sorry I got lost...

What is the next game again? Ah, no, that is the other thread...

Lol!

Also 3 Ottawa/Gatineau posts in a row.

The force is strong in this region

#1343 6 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

And then the inevitable questions like does the pf have chipping and dimpling? Are the guides rubbing on the clearcoat?

I don't care about the dimpling, it's a pinball for crying out loud! lol

#1344 6 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Sorry I got lost...
Lol!

Lockdown blues baby! lol

#1345 6 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Sorry I got lost...
Lol!

Bound to end up with a few on the used market in Ottawa the coming months then eh? Lol

#1346 6 months ago

Tux is my buddy. I sold him my GnR. Good dude.
I didn’t spoil any major secrets or leak anything juicy.
Just a couple small details I got and the part about not having the music in the reveal I thought was interesting.
I don’t even know what the art stuff means. Just what I heard.

#1347 6 months ago

Somebody’s gonna buy a sh!tload of LEs...

6EC1EAD6-E353-46E8-A4BF-45279F925D37 (resized).jpeg
#1348 6 months ago

You guys are all wrong, it's JAWSALORIAN!

JAWSALORIAN (resized).png
#1349 6 months ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Somebody’s gonna buy a sh!tload of LEs...[quoted image]

We'll all assume it's $7400, since it's not a $25k Tron LE! lol

#1350 6 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Right out of the box! Gary says, “You’re welcome.”

There are 7,477 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 150.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside