(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 153.
#951 2 years ago

750 units is not limited in my book.

#952 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

You should register your displeasure by not buying one.

#953 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Everything ever made is limited.

#954 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

limited enough that I cant get one and have tried 4 places....

#955 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

JJP laughing

CourageousUnknownDingo-size_restricted.gifCourageousUnknownDingo-size_restricted.gif

#956 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Edit-
Premium-7695 shipped

From who?

#957 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

limited enough that I cant get one and have tried 4 places....

It was my first time calling a distributor, a few days before the announcement. I asked for either the LE or Premium. I got a reply that my name was added to some list. I may just be on the very, very bottom of it (if at all) but I have no expectations whatsoever. This is a brand new pinball for a theme we all love at home! Fun stuff!

Wondering if both LE and Premium could actually become sold out, that is even before more information becomes available? Say, if a trailer hits next week, could all games be spoken for by the week after?

Then my name on that very bottom of the list could become useful when some people will change their mind..!

#958 2 years ago

The 750 isn't even the best part...You guys haven't even seen it flip yet! Lol

#959 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

It was my first time calling a distributor, a few days before the announcement. I asked for either the LE or Premium. I got a reply that my name was added to some list. I may just be on the very, very bottom of it (if at all) but I have no expectations whatsoever. This is a brand new pinball for a theme we all love at home! Fun stuff!
Wondering if both LE and Premium could actually become sold out, that is even before more information becomes available? Say, if a trailer hits next week, could all games be spoken for by the week after?
Then my name on that very bottom of the list could become useful when some people would change their mind..!

It's a cornerstone game meaning it will be in production for quite a long time. think JP. There isn't such a thing as selling out of the Prem as long as it's in production.

#960 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Then my name on that very bottom of the list could become useful when some people will change their mind..!

you're going to have to wait 2-3 months for a premium even if you are #1 on the list. If you want the game ASAP you need a pro or an LE (slightly longer wait). This game will be made for a long time unless it is a total flop.

#961 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

The 750 isn't even the best part...You guys haven't even seen it flip yet! Lol

If 750 is what it takes to clear out the scalpers and other greedy idiots then so be it!! I'd still be in.

#962 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Literally anything produced with a designated number of units is limited.

#963 2 years ago

Wonder how many toppers will be made, and what the new price point for those will be...

#964 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Literally anything produced with a designated number of units is limited.

So you heard it here people. Buy now!! It's only 10k...we haven't seen it but it's awesome!!! send money now! Ahhh, Kaneda....Stern owes you money bro

#965 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

So you heard it here people. Buy now!! It's only 10k...we haven't seen it but it's awesome!!! send money now! Ahhh, Kaneda....Stern owes you money bro

Normally 500 is the "magic FOMO" number to get people to buy something they might not even want THAT bad....but in this case - with the crazy frothing market the way it is & the love for this theme, I think they could even get away with doing 1000 LEs. If the goal of LEs is to get 500 guaranteed sales, I think they'd still get that EASY, day 1, even if they did 1000...and I think the rest would easily sell within a month, maybe less. That's just this title & moment in time...I don't think they could get away with it on every LE in the future.

#966 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I asked for either the LE or Premium.

If you really want an LE, don’t say you’ll take a Premium if you have to. If I was a distro, and I had too many on my LE list, I’d be punting you off first because I know you’ll buy Premium anyway.

I’m on the “list”, and if I don’t get an LE I’ll just wait and see for the premium and may never buy one. My distro knows this also.

If distro has just one LE and it’s just me and you on the list, I’m getting the LE, you’re getting the premium.

#967 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Normally 500 is the "magic FOMO" number to get people to buy something they might not even want THAT bad....but in this case - with the crazy frothing market the way it is & the love for this theme, I think they could even get away with doing 1000 LEs. If the goal of LEs is to get 500 guaranteed sales, I think they'd still get that EASY, day 1, even if they did 1000...and I think the rest would easily sell within a month, maybe less. That's just this title & moment in time...I don't think they could get away with it on every LE in the future.

Well if Kaneda tells them to buy all 1000 I'm sure they will....lol. this is just fun to watch.

Fabricated FOMO

#968 2 years ago

LE has been secured - I have a good feeling about this.

If the little hints Jack Danger has dropped during his recent streams are in any way an indication, it will be a spectacular pin. Can't wait for the reveal!

#969 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Well if Kaneda tells them to buy all 1000 I'm sure they will....lol. this is just fun to watch.
Fabricated FOMO

Every pinball "LE" is fabricated FOMO...that's the point. Marketing = people spending extra money without playing the game...it's kept Stern in business. I'm fine with waiting to see how I feel about it & then just getting a Premium if it's awesome. Everyone wins.

#970 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

GNR is 5000 LE. There won’t get buyers for half of them..

Lol. They had half sold on day one. May want to check your facts.

#971 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Lol. They had half sold on day one. May want to check your facts.

Also, JJP's "Limited" is different than Sterns. JJP is more like "Limited to...". If a JJP LE is 5000, they're just saying "at most we'll make 5000 & then we're done". They might not even get that high, but they're just letting you know what the maximum machines of the run will be....and of course we know that if they do sell through that number, they can go ahead and make a variant & sell whatever number of those they feel like.

So, if all 5000 GnRs sell through...would not shock me if they did a "1000 Slash LE Encore Editions" or some shit.

#972 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Also, JJP's "Limited" is different than Sterns. JJP is more like "Limited to...". If a JJP LE is 5000, they're just saying "at most we'll make 5000 & then we're done". They might not even get that high, but they're just letting you know what the maximum machines of the run will be....and of course we know that if they do sell through that number, they can go ahead and make a variant & sell whatever number of those they feel like.
So, if all 5000 GnRs sell through...would not shock me if they did a "1000 Slash LE Encore Editions" or some shit.

Agreed yet who cares? The only ones being short changed are those that can't get one or those forced to pay some shylock a premium flipper price. If a game is good I could care less if they make 10,000 of them. Power to the buyer and end this hype flipper investment group! Add to that in the grander scheme is 1000 in the World Really that many???

#973 2 years ago

JJP CE = Stern LE

#974 2 years ago

Me LE ordered. !Star Wars pin, with a baby freaking yoda. Cant go wrong!

Only issue no more room in the house, I think I can fit one more in the furnace room next to the water heater hehe.

#975 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

JJP CE = Stern LE

I don't think so. Stern just doesn't do an SLE model with every release as JJP now appears to be doing with every title.

JJP LE = Stern LE

JJP CE = Stern SLE

#976 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I don't think so. Stern just doesn't do an SLE model with every release as JJP now appears to be doing with every title.
JJP LE = Stern LE
JJP CE = Stern SLE

JJP also doesn't make a Pro so.... LE = CE

#977 2 years ago

BOBA BUMP!

star-wars-holiday-special-boba-fett.gifstar-wars-holiday-special-boba-fett.gif
#978 2 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

If the little hints Jack Danger has dropped during his recent streams are in any way an indication, it will be a spectacular pin. Can't wait for the reveal!

Jack would never say anything negative about Stern since he is their ambassador.

#979 2 years ago

This thread is cracking me up. The same people advocating for Stern to keep the LE to a low 500-600 number (to maintain scarcity) are the same people saying there should be no ADM at the distributor level.

Distributors: us happy and content premium buyers would way rather see you distributors (who have an enormous amount of capital tied up and go to the shows and host nice parties and events for everyone) make the money off these games rather than the speculators/flippers...just saying.

#980 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

BOBA BUMP!
[quoted image]

March of the Mandalorians !
"The food shortage on Mandalore must be over...."

#981 2 years ago

Well my distributor is holding a Mando LE for me.
This is the way

71854D70-FF90-4190-A18C-364BB3B04188 (resized).png71854D70-FF90-4190-A18C-364BB3B04188 (resized).png
#982 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Distributors: us happy and content premium buyers would way rather see you distributors (who have an enormous amount of capital tied up) make the money off these games rather than the speculators/flippers

THIS WELL Said!

#983 2 years ago

Great, the price increases are happening again. I just got off the phone with Betson and they Informed me the Limited Edition machines are going up to $12,500.00 while the pro's and premiums will remain about the same. I have every Limited Edition stern pinball machine and Topper for the past 7 or 8 years. I let him know if we are not seeing anything new other than the same old powder coating, HD glass, inside art blades,mirrored backglass and a signature I am officially done with Stern Pinball. There's no justification for that type of increase without a physical mechanism upgrade or more. I was told We will know more as of this coming Tuesday. I hope they do the right thing.

#984 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

JJP LE = Stern LE
JJP CE = Stern SLE

Yeah...keep telling yourself that

#985 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This thread is cracking me up. The same people advocating for Stern to keep the LE to a low 500-600 number (to maintain scarcity) are the same people saying there should be no ADM at the distributor level.
Distributors: us happy and content premium buyers would way rather see you distributors (who have an enormous amount of capital tied up and go to the shows and host nice parties and events for everyone) make the money off these games rather than the speculators/flippers...just saying.

@TigerLaw, Can we get this game added to the database? I'd like to add it to our collection on pinside.

Also, to anyone that read my prior post about price - there was a miscommunication between my wife and the distributor - MSRP appears to remain unchanged.

@Cdonnerusmc, maybe they are jacking it up to make the profit rather than a flipper?

#986 2 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Jack would never say anything negative about Stern since he is their ambassador.

Hands down. It’s not that Jack’s opinion on things isn’t fantastic, it’s just that he is a contractor of Stern...and he does a truely fantastic job for them.

Quoted from P1nhead:

TigerLaw, Can we get this game added to the database? I'd like to add it to our collection on pinside.

Gosh, I haven't added a game to the database in a couple years, not sure I could figure out how to do that, ForceFlow is who you need. I doubt he will do it prior to May 11th when he'd have photos of the machine.

#987 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Every pinball "LE" is fabricated FOMO...that's the point. Marketing = people spending extra money without playing the game...it's kept Stern in business. I'm fine with waiting to see how I feel about it & then just getting a Premium if it's awesome. Everyone wins.

No it's not! FOMO is not always fabricated...Most times it's organic, like impressionist's paintings in the 80's, collectable cars or watches. Yes, if it comes to LEs, this is the very definition of it....A premium will play exactly the same as the LE, now if the rule set was different or it had an outstanding feature or mech that was not available in the other trims, yeah that might be a collectable, but cost vs feature still comes into play.

#988 2 years ago

Sorry if this jas been stated already, but what's the price on the pro?

#989 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

TigerLaw, Can we get this game added to the database? I'd like to add it to our collection on pinside.
Also, to anyone that read my prior post about price - there was a miscommunication between my wife and the distributor - MSRP appears to remain unchanged.
Cdonnerusmc, maybe they are jacking it up to make the profit rather than a flipper?

Maybe so? But they are pushing away customers like me who dont flip machines but keeps them in their collection for many man

Quoted from P1nhead:

Cdonnerusmc, maybe they are jacking it up to make the profit rather than a flipper?

I'm personally not a flipper, I keep everything I buy for many many years in my collection. That being said its a gamble on weather the game will go up in value or drop in value. Look at Munsters LE, transformers LE,Stranger Things LE, these machines dropped lower than retail right out of the gate. Also ,Most flippers are not jacking the price up close to 4k on a stern title unless they had it for years and it became collectible like Tron LE or a lord of the rings gold. Just my opinion.

#990 2 years ago

I can't wait for this!!!!!

tenor-4 (resized).pngtenor-4 (resized).png
#991 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

JJP also doesn't make a Pro so.... LE = CE

A JJP standard would be equal to a Stern Premium considering what's in it and the price point. The main reason we see people say JJP CE = Stern LE is they may want to portray that JJP charges nearly $3k more over Stern for what they believe is a "similar" model which isn't true. If we play that game a JJP LE has more in it then any Stern SLE, Platinum, Double Diamond, and Couch edition model.

#992 2 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

they Informed me the Limited Edition machines are going up to $12,500.00

Lol. Of course.
Here we go again..

19735C10-2540-4DA8-B432-324FBB7B8E3B.gif19735C10-2540-4DA8-B432-324FBB7B8E3B.gif

#993 2 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Great, the price increases are happening again. I just got off the phone with Betson and they Informed me the Limited Edition machines are going up to $12,500.00 while the pro's and premiums will remain about the same. I have every Limited Edition stern pinball machine and Topper for the past 7 or 8 years. I let him know if we are not seeing anything new other than the same old powder coating, HD glass, inside art blades,mirrored backglass and a signature I am officially done with Stern Pinball. There's no justification for that type of increase without a physical mechanism upgrade or more. I was told We will know more as of this coming Tuesday. I hope they do the right thing.

This is not MSRP.
MSRP is $9,199. Dealers can choose to charge more for a limited product if the demand is extreme, which it is.

#994 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Gosh, I haven't added a game to the database in a couple years, not sure I could figure out how to do that, ForceFlow is who you need. I doubt he will do it prior to May 11th when he'd have photos of the machine.

Yeah, once all the editions and game specs are announced, I'll go ahead and add it.

#995 2 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

1st world problems

#996 2 years ago
Quoted from Gameroom-Goodies:

This is not MSRP.
MSRP is $9,199. Dealers can choose to charge more for a limited product if the demand is extreme, which it is.

Demand is extreme. Noone has seen the game, no one knows who is coding, no one knows how it plays, the show is lame...this is really a matter of fomo as said many times here.
If the coder is really Lonnie, don’t sure to keep my spot, then playfield design should be a killer like art, sound and light packages too.

#997 2 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Maybe so? But they are pushing away customers like me who dont flip machines but keeps them in their collection for many man

I'm personally not a flipper, I keep everything I buy for many many years in my collection. That being said its a gamble on weather the game will go up in value or drop in value. Look at Munsters LE, transformers LE,Stranger Things LE, these machines dropped lower than retail right out of the gate. Also ,Most flippers are not jacking the price up close to 4k on a stern title unless they had it for years and it became collectible like Tron LE or a lord of the rings gold. Just my opinion.

So that sold GnR CE you sold you had for how long and sold it for purchase price? Way to go.

#998 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Demand is extreme. Noone has seen the game, no one knows who is coding, no one knows how it plays, the show is lame...this is really a matter of fomo as said many times here.
If the coder is really Lonnie, don’t sure to keep my spot, then playfield design should be a killer like art, sound and light packages too.

The show being lame is your opinion, I think the viewer numbers can prove you wrong, though. and based on my sales this morning, yes, the demand is extreme. I can agree with you on several points, yes the game has not been seen, agreed no one knows who the coder is, but there are people who want the LE no matter what, so wait until Tuesday when prices are inevitably higher?
This machine will sell out in LE even if the PF isn't great, and it WILL resell for well over MSRP on the 2nd hand market, whether we all like it or not.

But if none of that matters to you, pricing on LE shouldn't matter either, just grab a premium for $7,699 or $7,799

#999 2 years ago
Quoted from Gameroom-Goodies:

and it WILL resell for well over MSRP on the 2nd hand market, whether we all like it or not.

f47af04fe2cad0110a6f71fdffcc88c0.giff47af04fe2cad0110a6f71fdffcc88c0.gif

#1000 2 years ago

Are there any rumours on what the table has? Upper playfield and....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, VA
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,900 (Firm)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/20?hl=november and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.