(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 160 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 153.
#51 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Neither are movies lol

omg WHAT!?
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#52 2 years ago

I just googled it: " a stringed musical instrument in the lute family and is generally plucked with a plectrum"

Then I realized I spelled it wrong and it autocorrected to mandolin.

I lost interest hahaha.

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

omg WHAT!?
[quoted image]

Are you one of those people that pretend to not know "what's going on" or "hip" in the modern world ? Here I thought you were some Ted Kaczynski of pinball, but then you go post a meme.

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I wouldn’t think it could be the mandolorian since that only came out in late 2019. I doubt that’s enough time to secure a license and design and manufacture a game. I could be wrong, but I thought lead times were like 2-3 years, and with covid, I’d guess it set them back more. It has to be a code word for something else. Someone mentioned Delorean so I’d guess Bttf2 would be more likely. Personally, neither are that attractive to me, haven’t seen the mandolorian.

Stern has a relationship with Disney. Is it possible the got access to the show before it went public?

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Stern has a relationship with Disney. Is it possible the got access to the show before it went public?

Possibly, but I'd think they'd want to gauge popularity before going in on producing a game.

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

They are making 800 LEs? What is the source of that information? If true, Stern feels they have an absolute grand slam game on their hands.

As Stern proved with Munsters, they'll change the # of LE's they're making whenever they want. So even if they announce 600, it could EASILY turn into 800.

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Nah I rather save the money with the pro. I only ever bought four premium/LE games so far while in the hobby.

LOL you don’t even know what the features are yet.

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL you don’t even know what the features are yet.

Of course we do.

Three pops in the upper right corner.

Giant Bounty Hunter Head with mouth that opens.

Baby Yoda on a spring.

#59 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Of course we do.
Baby Yoda on a spring.

LOL, ok....but nah.

#60 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I wish Stern would move on from this particular design feature. Use the space and BOM to give us something different...it’ll make a game feel fresher. Not every game needs pops in the same configuration.

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Hopefully Stern does this one right. After getting a GNR CE recently, it’s going to be hard to impress me to be honest. The bar has been raised pretty high by the crew at JJP.

As apposed to all the ones they did wrong? You weren't impressed with JP, DP, TMNT, SW etc. This GnR lust is crap. The fact that the theme is a SW based Bounty Hunter already kills GnR. Ok some fancy lighting, a guitar neck, 2 drumsticks and a spinning hat not too mention the gameplay isn't all that great. If u like it good but this whole "the bar has been set high" is just plain ridiculous.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

If they give this one the treatment they gave LZ we will all be so disappointed.

Not all, I'd be fine with a simple layout, highspeed game. If the code is there, no problem. Lots of people love the LZ pins. Is this gonna be another SW thing where if its not loaded with crap it stinks? After owning many many games and playing just about everything SW is right up there with the best.

Quoted from Chisox:

Fair enough. Not trying to stir shit up, just curious.

U should stir up shit when Rarehero makes foolish comments, there's no shortage that's for sure. "everything" what a joke.

#62 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Baby Yoda on a spring.

That's sounds fantastic.

#63 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Good Luck.! There were not many LE spots left when we put our name down for one last Thursday.

And this is why I will never own a stern le firsthand. The darn things are nearly sold out before announcements have even happened.

I am very grateful to live within driving range of good location pinball.

#64 2 years ago

He's means The Mandalorian isn't a movie and The Avengers pin isn't based on the movie.

#65 2 years ago

I'd buy Mandalorian just for the music alone.

#66 2 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

Ok some fancy lighting, a guitar neck, 2 drumsticks and a spinning hat

This yearling is cracking me up folks!

#67 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Are you one of those people that pretend to not know "what's going on" or "hip" in the modern world ? Here I thought you were some Ted Kaczynski of pinball, but then you go post a meme.

No I literally don't know pop culture. TV, movies, music = I'm entirely clueless. I googled "I don't know what's going on" and that image came up. Thought it would be funnier to post a picture than to say it.

I watch NFL football and the rest of my life is hobbies.

#68 2 years ago

He's means The Mandalorian isn't a movie and The Avengers pin isn't based on the movie.

Oh ok. I could look it up but I honestly don't care all that much. If it shoots well and sounds cool, I'll be interested and then check it out.... maybe lol. I never knew a thing about the Avengers and thought it was based on a movie this whole time. Still don't really know what it is but I like the game a lot.

Thanks for this.

#69 2 years ago

Trying to get on a "for sure" LE spot list has been crazy, everyone I've contacted is already full...

If someone knows of a distrubtor with LE spots please message me. Thank you.

#70 2 years ago

As apposed to all the ones they did wrong? You weren't impressed with JP, DP, TMNT, SW etc. This GnR lust is crap. The fact that the theme is a SW based Bounty Hunter already kills GnR. Ok some fancy lighting, a guitar neck, 2 drumsticks and a spinning hat not too mention the gameplay isn't all that great. If u like it good but this whole "the bar has been set high" is just plain ridiculous.

I owned JP and DP. I really liked them both for sure. I don’t have enough time on SW to make an accurate opinion. Never played TMNT.

Do you have a lot of time on GnR or own one? If not, you really should. Game is nuts. You really can’t judge it without putting some real time on it and understanding it all. Everyone I’ve had over to play it a been blown away. The usual response is, “I’ve never played anything like this before!”

I’ve owned a lot of games over the years. Nothing has come close to GnR. It’s so immersive. I really like Stern games too, I just hope they up their game after GnR.

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Trying to get a "for sure" LE spot list has been crazy, everyone I've contacted is already full...
If someone knows of a distrubtor with LE spots please message me. Thank you.

Wait is there a picture of the game somewhere? How do you all know you want it yet?

#72 2 years ago
Quoted from SmallyBells:

This yearling is cracking me up folks!

Is that a reference to me being a member of Pinside for a year? Fooilish mistake kind sir. Use to be Hazoff and this is year 8 for me. Not that it should matter anyway. Also its shows 1yr for u so is a yearling really calling another yearling a yearling. Never even heard that term before. Sounds like something from a 60's western. "Dat boy der be a yearling"

Quoted from NightTrain:

Nothing has come close to GnR.

Glad u love the game, so many pins come close and most far surpass it for me. Maybe u have to be huge GnR fan but the theme and live concert thing just wasn't for me. I'll take Maiden, Met and Ac/Dc long before GnR, even Aerosmith.

#73 2 years ago

Is that a reference to me being a member of Pinside for a year? Fooilish mistake kind sir. Use to be Hazoff and this is year 8 for me. Not that it should matter anyway. Also its shows 1yr for u so is a yearling really calling another yearling a yearling. Never even heard that term before. Sounds like something from a 60's western. "Dat boy der be a yearling"

Glad u love the game, so many pins come close and most far surpass it for me. Maybe u have to be huge GnR fan but the theme and live concert thing just wasn't for me. I'll take Maiden, Met and Ac/Dc long before GnR, even Aerosmith.

Glad you like the Stern ones. Will take GNR over any of the Stern music pins. The Stern ones are fun but not anywhere near close to being on the same level as GNR in my opinion. Sold both AC/DC and Metallica after a while, too many dull modes focused on hitting the same shot over and over again versus working the playfield in interesting ways.

#74 2 years ago

I could see them installing a Mandolorian pin somewhere in Disneyland proper. As well as somewhere in the Florida resorts.

#75 2 years ago

No it was all that bravado and then the spinning hat comment, it’s clear you are unfamiliar with the game. Following the description of a EM game being better. You’re a veteran of pinside, I stand corrected.

#76 2 years ago
Quoted from SmallyBells:

No it was all that bravado and then the spinning hat comment, it’s clear you are unfamiliar with the game. Following the description of a EM game being better. You’re a veteran of pinside, I stand corrected.

That whole thing about having to be "familiar" with the game is horseshit. I know very early into it whether a pin is for me or not, then when it becomes evident that there's even more greatness than I anticipated its fantastic. I've never bought anything and said "nah not my style" then all of sudden after playing it some more thought I was wrong. Bravado? we both know u meant my 1 yr status. GnR has even been out for a year. Em Game? know idea what ur talking about. Yearling

#77 2 years ago

Can they get Bill Burr to do the call outs?

#78 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Can they get Bill Burr to do the call outs?

I really hope not.

#79 2 years ago

I have to give it to you rookie you are interesting hahaha.....sometimes I think you re nuts but some other times (a lot of them) I have to make sure i'm not drinking while reading your post to make sure i'm not spitting it out. Keep it up

#81 2 years ago

I can't say for him but the only word that popped in your statement was Vagina hahaha so in my case I guess I could identify hahahaha

#82 2 years ago

I never knew a thing about the Avengers and thought it was based on a movie this whole time. Still don't really know what it is but I like the game a lot.

I get that not everyone follows everything - but for real, were you never a kid? How can you not know Hulk, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Captain America, etc? Marvel characters have been around for decades in various forms of media.

I watch NFL football

I’ve never watched a football game in my life - but I’m aware of what it is. I can sing the Super Bowl Shuffle lol. Some things are just “in the air”, even if you don’t care about them.

#83 2 years ago

Honestly I love the show, but they literally just did a star wars. I'll pass

#84 2 years ago

Yeah, never thought I’d say this but I’m getting SW burnout. Just too much marketing, news drama and just plain overexposure.

My 12 year old self heard me say this he’d bitch slap me.

#85 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Yeah, never thought I’d say this but I’m getting SW burnout. Just too much marketing, news drama and just plain overexposure.
My 12 year old self heard me say this he’d bitch slap me.

If it turns out to be a great game, you’ll flip positions. The drama doesn’t matter. It’ll either be cool/fun or not.

#86 2 years ago

For sure the ball lock is Baby Yoda...1000%

Other than that I'm guessing magnets. There aren't too many interactive theme toys in his games,.they're more like mechs, ball catch, ramp diverters, upper pf..etc. I doubt he will have the helmet or a bash toy in the middle

#87 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If it turns out to be a great game, you’ll flip positions. The drama doesn’t matter. It’ll either be cool/fun or not.

Your right about this but what Overlord is saying is true,Disney just keeps spitting them out!The swashbuckling aspect of the early espisodes is missing.

#88 2 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Hey Guys
Looks like the Kaneda is out of the bag and if the rumor is true looking for what we can expect in a new Stern pin? Whos in whos out and who doesn't care?

How accurate is Kaneda at getting it right?

#89 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

How accurate is Kaneda at getting it right?

I did notice Kaneda announced Mando as a sure thing, and then a few hours later one of his comments on FB said he was "90% sure". And then he said Scooby Spooky as if it was old news, but now he's saying it's something else. Hmmm

#90 2 years ago

Well they already have the Star Wars license so I wouldn't be surprised to see Mando. Not really a theme I'm into, but neither was Maiden and now that's one of my favorites.

#91 2 years ago

IG-11 LE model??

IG-11 Combo!

combo.gifcombo.gif

Ball Saver..

dont.gifdont.gif

#92 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

I did notice Kaneda announced Mando as a sure thing, and then a few hours later one of his comments on FB said he was "90% sure". And then he said Scooby Spooky as if it was old news, but now he's saying it's something else. Hmmm

Ok, I hate the stern Star Wars. Way way too hard but I was thinking to try an art addition but I know I’ll hate it. If stern Star Trek would of been Star Wars it would be amazing. I love Star Wars but not Star Trek theme wise but it’s opposite pin wise. Since mando would not be a Steve r design I would be interested. I bought LZ LE and it shot well but for an le price not worth it. Hardly anything that grabbed our interest and once we got gnr SE which was $7155 with tax it really showed how little they put in the LZ

#93 2 years ago

Wtf is this “vagina” you speak of?

#94 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

I think Kaneda was

Quoted from Happy81724:

Ok, I hate the stern Star Wars. Way way too hard but I was thinking to try an art addition but I know I’ll hate it. If stern Star Trek would of been Star Wars it would be amazing. I love Star Wars but not Star Trek theme wise but it’s opposite pin wise. Since mando would not be a Steve r design I would be interested. I bought LZ LE and it shot well but for an le price not worth it. Hardly anything that grabbed our interest and once we got gnr SE which was $7155 with tax it really showed how little they put in the LZ

Best get ready now!

ECCBF045-4F71-4AE6-896C-EA93545F174C (resized).pngECCBF045-4F71-4AE6-896C-EA93545F174C (resized).png
#95 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Best get ready now!

Sounds like he might be full of BS so I’m not getting excited yet

#96 2 years ago

If Stern is going to make a pinball machine based on a TV show series that still has many seasons left and only had like two seasons under its belt it better have the capability of upgrading the code to newer seasons with new voice overs and crap.

#97 2 years ago

Hey OP, I’m out AND I dont care. How do I vote?

#98 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

If Stern is going to make a pinball machine based on a TV show series that still has many seasons left and only had like two seasons under its belt it better have the capability of upgrading the code to newer seasons with new voice overs and crap.

They won't, have not done it in the past, and won't do it in the future.

#99 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They won't, have not done it in the past, and won't do it in the future.

See GOT. Forever locked in season four or whatever it was.

#100 2 years ago

Please keep Ritchie and Borg away from this title. They had their chance.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.