(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 153.
#901 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

People buy LEs because they think they are the 'top end' and the FOMO effect. .

Not everybody. I prefer LEs because of the add-ons (upgraded speakers, shaker, side armor, pin blades, powder coat), the real backglass, and the HD Glass. I don't give a rat's ass about exclusivity or getting a numbered plaque. I buy my games for my wife and I to play, not to keep in box or re-sell at a profit. I get the newbs that see this as an investment. I do not. I see it as entertainment.

In Canada if I were to buy a prem and the add-ons separately, then sending the metal for powdercoat, and getting a custom mirrored BG made, it would cost more than an LE. I know. I just got a SW Prem and added mirror blades, side armor, speaker upgrade, shaker, and HD glass. That's already added about 1400$ CAD and I haven't even considered a BG or powdercoat.

#902 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Too many LE’s? Hell, Distro’s are reporting selling out before title was announced. Don’t think the Lemmings will care.

Didn't someone say the LE's have Mandalorian steel?

For once the powdercoating might have real additional appeal, if this is true.

#903 2 years ago

Quick pause on LE talk..
Do we have any true confirmation on pricing across models yet?
Thx, carry on!

#904 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Not everybody. I prefer LEs because of the add-ons (shaker, art blades, powder coat), the real backglass, and the HD Glass. I don't give a rat's ass about exclusivity or getting a numbered plaque. I buy my games for my wife and I to play, not to keep in box or re-sell at a profit. I get the newbs that see this as an investment. I do not. I see it as entertainment.

I LOVE to play a new game!! I also prefer the extras in a LE (shaker, art blades, powder coat), the real backglass, and the HD Glass

#905 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Not everybody. I prefer LEs because of the add-ons (shaker, art blades, powder coat), the real backglass, and the HD Glass. I don't give a rat's ass about exclusivity or getting a numbered plaque. I buy my games for my wife and I to play, not to keep in box or re-sell at a profit. I get the newbs that see this as an investment. I do not. I see it as entertainment.

Hence the comment 'top end' - you think it's the loaded features model.. where the vast majority of those things are simple bolt-ons. Like I said in previous post... stern's biggest differentiator of late has been Art.

If those features were on a lesser model - would you still buy the LE?

#906 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

This is the key point for people that try to make JJP comparisons. JJP and Stern's product spreads are different. People don't care about the LE number on JJPs because JJP is selling that model based on the feature set more often than not. Stern's LE differentiators have been pretty weak, with art usually being the biggest 'must or must not have' differentiator. People buy LEs because they think they are the 'top end' and the FOMO effect. Balancing that act is an art... Stern's batting average is not great, but they do keep getting back up to swing.

LE means limited edition and needs to be in relation with the number of nib buyers. GNR is 5000 LE. There won’t get buyers for half of them..

So What is the basis of potential NIB pinball customers? I think Stern is closer of reality when they offer 600-800 LE in relation with the number of potential nib buyers.

#907 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Hence the comment 'top end' - you think it's the loaded features model.. where the vast majority of those things are simple bolt-ons. Like I said in previous post... stern's biggest differentiator of late has been Art.

Selfishly:

Factory installed upgrades? Yes please. They can keep the LE plaque and signature. I could live with different art too if everything else was installed.

Again, selfishly.

#908 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Bolt-ons that cost more than getting them already installed on the LE. Most of the time I don't care about the art difference. If they could make a super premium with the add-ons of the LE I would buy that instead.

I wish they just had 3 levels of bling like cars and drop the numbering/limiting of "Limited Edition". Cars also have LEs although they aren't really limited much and certainly aren't numbered with a certificate from the CEO. They still sell.

#909 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

LE means limited edition and needs to be in relation with the number of nib buyers. GNR is 5000 LE. There won’t get buyers for half of them..
So What is the basis of potential NIB pinball customers? I think Stern is closer of reality when they offer 600-800 LE in relation with the number of potential nib buyers.

JJP LE = Stern Premium (yea, in theory a limit of 5000 - but that's really unlimited for all intents and purposes. If they hit 5,000 they would just create a new LE with different powdercoat color)

JJP CE = Stern LE

GnR CE was 500 games.

#910 2 years ago

Cant wait to see some pics please!

#911 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Cant wait to see some pics please!

I was hoping to see some pics or video today.

#912 2 years ago

So is 750 LE a lot? Was Tron LE 500?

#913 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

I disagree. I think there are many people who would welcome back the days when there was only *one* version of the game to buy.
But those days are clearly done.

I personally have absolutely no use for "exclusivity" in a pinball machine- expecially at a cost premium! (I also do not care for modz, I want what I played in the arcades!) But- I realize my cup of tea ain't for everyone. So, while I have personally found the Pro/LE/SuperChub! options annoying in the past- I'm TOTALLY ok with them if it means I can buy a PRO for a low price overall. If it keeps the cost down of the base model, because profits overall are increased by the fancier/exclusive/"George Lucas personally tea-bagged the shooter rod on ONLY 24 of these!" models, so be it.

#914 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

There's no Tron Premium so it doesn't matter.

#915 2 years ago

#916 2 years ago

I also think the hype train has started just because of the leaks, is this really better than back to the future as a theme ?

Anyhow 750 LEs I’m willing to bet some free up in the next week .

#917 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Everyone knows LE in terms of exclusivity is meaningless in JJP terms.

If anything for this discussion it proves that 'too many' wipes out the FOMO/exclusivity point.

JJP sells LEs based on their feature differentiators - not exclusivity.

#918 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Tron LE was 400

#919 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Tron LE was 400

Isn't there a list somewhere of all the numbers?

#920 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Bolt-ons that cost more than getting them already installed on the LE

are you paying people to do it for your or something?

"value" has never been a LE justifier. The price spread between premium and LE was $1400 on the last releases. $1400 for shaker, art blades, powder, glass, and translite is cheaper for you?

Shop better.

#921 2 years ago

Edit-
Premium-7695 shipped

#922 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Not everybody. I prefer LEs because of the add-ons (upgraded speakers, shaker, side armor, pin blades, powder coat), the real backglass, and the HD Glass. I don't give a rat's ass about exclusivity or getting a numbered plaque. I buy my games for my wife and I to play, not to keep in box or re-sell at a profit. I get the newbs that see this as an investment. I do not. I see it as entertainment.
In Canada if I were to buy a prem and the add-ons separately, then sending the metal for powdercoat, and getting a custom mirrored BG made, it would cost more than an LE. I know. I just got a SW Prem and added mirror blades, side armor, speaker upgrade, shaker, and HD glass. That's already added about 1400$ CAD and I haven't even considered a BG or powdercoat.

I completely agree. I just like them because they are a complete package. I wouldn't be opposed to having a premium then modding it to "completion" but I find it a bit annoying. I like the powder coat, glass, shaker, etc. Plus all of that stuff ends up costing you similar money especially if you factor in the time to install it.

#923 2 years ago

I hope I am wrong, but...
last 3 games to have over 500 LE took a while to sell out at the distro leve - Star Wars, Munsters, Black Knightt
Last 2 modern themes also did not sell well - Guardians and Stranger Things.

Yes things are crazy right now, yes Mando is popular but it fits both these bills.

750 is lot, loses the FOMO. I am in and hope I am wrong, ill check back with you all on this in a month

#924 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I just like them because they are a complete package. I wouldn't be opposed to having a premium then modding it to "completion" but I find it a bit annoying.

Seems LE buyers wind up spending more scratch on UV kits, toppers, shooter rods, and other crap to complete the supposed complete package.
Sterns a great dealer...

#925 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I hope I am wrong, but...
last 3 games to have over 500 LE took a while to sell out at the distro leve - Star Wars, Munsters, Black Knightt
Last 2 modern themes also did not sell well - Guardians and Stranger Things.
Yes things are crazy right now, yes Mando is popular but it fits both these bills.
750 is lot, loses the FOMO. I am in and hope I am wrong, ill check back with you all on this in a month

Buy it because you want it .... Jesus

#926 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Buy it because you want it .... Jesus

I am said I am in ! But I am not opposed to it being more limited and worth more !

#927 2 years ago

Don’t forget LE’s come out before the premium. A month or more early is worth it to some locations and those impatient like me.

#928 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Isn't there a list somewhere of all the numbers?

Most are 500. Avatar was 250. Rolling Stones was 350. Tron 400. Some were split between two variations. AC/DC had 200 LTBR & 300 BIB. Avengers had 250 Hulk & 250 “Blue”.

Look up any LE game on IPDB to see the numbers.

#929 2 years ago

The problem is pinball has taken off like nuts. So many new comers and collectors. The demand is too high. I think with this and future releases we are going to see a huge shift in the way pinball machines especially LE or CE whatever are preordered and purchased etc.

#930 2 years ago

The distro we got in with said machine is $10,199 base. Scalped right off the bat for a drop ship from the factory?

Edit: had the wife call back... "sorry there must've been a mistake, yes the price is $9199 MSRP" - just paid for it, free shipping to boot.

#931 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

are you paying people to do it for your or something?
"value" has never been a LE justifier. The price spread between premium and LE was $1400 on the last releases. $1400 for shaker, art blades, powder, glass, and translite is cheaper for you?
Shop better.

Yeah well you're missing the point because where YOU are it's cheaper to buy parts. Good for you man!

You forgot BACKGLASS. Translites suck and we are comparing apples to apples. What does it cost to have the LE features on a prem. You also forgot side armor and you forgot powdercoat. These are features I enjoy. Powdercoating in my neck of the woods is super expensive.

So buying an LE is cheaper for me. I just paid 835$ (Cdn and with tax) for 2 sheets of HD glass. That's what it costs here. There aren't a bunch of distros. Only one out this way and everything they sell is MSRP converted to Cdn. No deals and closed borders.

Open your mind to the fact not everyone has the same access to things/parts/services(powdercoating).

#932 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

The distro we got in with said machine is $10,199 base. Scalped right off the bat for a drop ship from the factory?

Sounds like it, unless there is a MAJOR price increase!

Maybe it comes with a topper now

#933 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Price is not changing according to distro folk on here

#934 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Price is not changing according to distro folk on here

Confirming price is not changing. Lots of dealers are charging a premium including us, but we are up front about it, I told all my customers what the MSRP is (9,199) and what we are charging

-AT

#935 2 years ago

Just doesn't seem cool to charge over MSRP at these insane prices. I'm glad there are some distrubtors that won't charge over MSRP for this title.

MSRP + free shipping + no tax = buy from that distributor if you can!

#936 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Quoted from Gameroom-Goodies:

Lots of dealers are charging a premium including us

THIS IS THE WAY ... we do it.
get your money for nothing.

yeah, that aint workin.

and your chicks for free (resized).jpgand your chicks for free (resized).jpg

#937 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just doesn't seem cool to charge over MSRP at these insane prices. I'm glad there are some distrubtors that won't charge over MSRP for this title.
MSRP + free shipping + no tax = buy from that distributor if you can!

How do you dodge the tax?

#938 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just doesn't seem cool to charge over MSRP at these insane prices.

I don't see a problem, especially if they disclose it. Just buy from someone else in the future if you don't like their pricing practices. If it's truly an instant sellout then distributors selling at MSRP are effectively doing it as a goodwill gesture to their longtime customers, since they could easily charge more.

#939 2 years ago

I am in the distributers court. Knowing a few they don't make a ton off these games as it is and the high cost to be an effective distributor means that there are few of them out there. Just look in the DC/Balt Market. Not a single distributer. If it was hugely lucrative you would have pinball dealerships just like car dealerships. The reality on all pinball prices is supply and demand will dictate the market value new or used. Right now there is HUGE demand and low supply which is why you see so many high prices that keep going higher. I am selling a JJPOTC right now If i sold it for the price they were going for two years ago it would be gone in minutes. In two years my current laughable price will probably seem like a bargain.

#940 2 years ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

Pretty much all dealers have to charge tax in CA because of the tax laws, so if you live in CA, you are kinda SOL unfortunately

#941 2 years ago

foolheartedly wondering if anyone knows of a distributor who has *not* sold out of LE's yet... By the time I realized I should call them to get on a list, i was WAY down on those lists and I really dont want to pay 1k markup for some schmuck who is "buying" one just to resell it for a profit. Feel free to DM me if you know of any!

#942 2 years ago

Id like to know if anyone has LEs as well. Was just told by my distributor that I did not make the LE list and I had inquired a few weeks ago originally. Wonder if that 750 LE number is correct.

#943 2 years ago

if you live in CA, you are kinda SOL unfortunately

For many things

#944 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Most are 500. Avatar was 250. Rolling Stones was 350. Tron 400. Some were split between two variations. AC/DC had 200 LTBR & 300 BIB. Avengers had 250 Hulk & 250 “Blue”.

I think X-Men had a weird split too - like 300 Wolverine and 250 Magneto...

#945 2 years ago

LOL, yes indeed. We moved out from CA to AZ in 2013, couldn't be happier.

#946 2 years ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

He's suggesting that you buy from a smaller distributor that doesn't have enough sales to your state to be required to collect the sales tax under the new internet sales tax laws. Probably easier to pull off from MI than from CA. Of course you're still legally obligated to pay that tax yourself if the distributor doesn't collect it from you, and I've heard stories from CA (happened to Rarehero I think?) of the State tracking down large untaxed purchases and sending out tax bills.

#947 2 years ago
What-if-money-was-no-object (resized).jpgWhat-if-money-was-no-object (resized).jpg
#948 2 years ago

Pretty much all dealers have to charge tax in CA because of the tax laws, so if you live in CA, you are kinda SOL unfortunately

Thanks! It's one of those situations where if I lived/worked elsewhere I may not have to pay the tax, but wouldn't be paid well enough to afford the machine!

#949 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

JJP says 1500 is “limited.” And Stern can’t be focusing on what happens to used game prices three years down the line - they’ve got new games to make and sell right now!

The terminology is not the same at JJP. They make the "Collectors Edition" that is the model that is most limited. For Stern the LE is the most limited.

#950 2 years ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

By the time I realized I should call them to get on a list, i was WAY down on those lists and I really dont want to pay 1k markup

limited memberships at the country club.
next time, dont take a bicycle to a pod race.

bushwood (resized).jpgbushwood (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 19.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

9,900 (Firm)
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/19?hl=nighttrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.