(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 153.
#851 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Might be best if I didn't express my opinion about baby Yoda then. Or whatever they named the latest marketing gimmick.

Grogu is awesome...especially when he eats babies!

#852 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

If I did, it would cost my niece her job.....

Just ask your niece if she sees a picture of a
“less-angry Rosie O’Donnell” (no names needed) on the playfield art package.
Just a yes or no.
Thanks
93AE61FE-EF8B-42CA-AA07-94C45BF0AC16 (resized).jpeg93AE61FE-EF8B-42CA-AA07-94C45BF0AC16 (resized).jpeg

#853 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Based on the distributor feedback of unavailability on the LE and massive lines to acquire one site unseen it would be Crazy for Stern to not view this pre-banter and jack the LE count up to 750 or more. Smart marketing play to test temperatures.

Hey if it’s good for JJP!

#854 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Luke better be in the final wizard mode.

Agree. 1st time we seen Luke since 1983. That old degenerate hobo we got in the sequels doesnt count.

#857 2 years ago

I had heard 600 LE if you believe Kanda? 500 seems the sweet spot on LEs they have tried many times to go above that and it ends up hurting the LE demand ... but we shall see ! Last 3 that are more than 600

Star Wars , took a long time to sell out
Black Knight , same
Munsters , Same
Did I miss one ?

#858 2 years ago

ST LE was 799 iirc and I was able to snag one a few months after it was released.

#859 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I had heard 600 LE if you believe Kanda? 500 seems the sweet spot on LEs they have tried many times to go above that and it ends up hurting the LE demand ... but we shall see ! Last 3 that are more than 600
Star Wars , took a long time to sell out
Black Knight , same
Munsters , Same
Did I miss one ?

Quoted from rai:

ST LE was 799 iirc and I was able to snag one a few months after it was released.

Different times. I’m all for lower LE numbers, but i think Stern would be stupid to make any less than 600 at this point. If Stern are consulting with distributors, and distributors are telling them they have 1000 people ready to buy LE’s........?

#860 2 years ago

I agree. If you and distros can sell 1000 tomorrow, why not sell that many? Takes the money from scalpers and gives it to the people doing the work.

#861 2 years ago

Boba Fett's Slav1 ship toy must be on the playfied.

#862 2 years ago

I think the Razor Crest is more of a must, but would love to see both.

#863 2 years ago

So I’m on episode 2 now of this show - never seen it before. Enjoying it. Might hype myself into this overhype mess! Trying to avoid spoilers at the same time though. That’s on me though if it happens - it’s been out long enough!

#864 2 years ago

HUGE SW fan (the Sideshow replica of Grogu is sitting here in my office along with an autographed Celebration Luke X-Wing and a family picture with Grandpa Sidious) but I'm passing on this one. With all the hype (not undeserved, mind you!) that is all things Grogu and the HOT rush to milk that blue milk cash cow I can't help but think that this pin is going to be like that overpriced restaurant RIGHT on the beach we've all been to. You know, the one that has a great view, but really lousy service and even crappier food. Because they know the tourists are going to come for that great view, so they can phone in everything else. Even if you go back to that beach every year thereafter, you never go back to that restaurant because fool me once shame on me...fool me twice - well you know the rest.

IF they don't make either a special floating magnetic pinball or Newton ball that looks like the gearshift knob from the Razor Crest, they really missed an excellent theme integration opportunity. AND if all the mod companies aren't already making a ball shooter knob like this, I'm sure they will be after reading this post.

BUT I'll wait to hear the reviews after the hype dies down and pick up a Premium and put it next to my SW Premium if it's any good. I'm not usually cynical but I'm just reading the terrain here. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised. Stern?

#865 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

So Tuesday five minutes after the meeting starts we will have blurry photos. I love blurry photos day!!!

Last time they synced the meeting with photos release. Much better idea.

#866 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I agree. If you and distros can sell 1000 tomorrow, why not sell that many? Takes the money from scalpers and gives it to the people doing the work.

At some point you need draw the line if something is really going to be "limited". Market is red hot right now but what happens in 3 years when things cool with 1000 LE models are changing hands all the time?

#867 2 years ago

Sorry, we know who is the coder or not yet?

#868 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Sorry, we know who is the coder or not yet?

No.

#869 2 years ago

They made 800 Star Wars LE’s , I wouldn’t doubt that they bump up production to match that.

C5B572AE-E2E4-48C5-A490-056271190B34 (resized).jpegC5B572AE-E2E4-48C5-A490-056271190B34 (resized).jpeg
#870 2 years ago
Quoted from Defil8de:

HUGE SW fan (the Sideshow replica of Grogu is sitting here in my office along with an autographed Celebration Luke X-Wing and a family picture with Grandpa Sidious) but I'm passing on this one. With all the hype (not undeserved, mind you!) that is all things Grogu and the HOT rush to milk that blue milk cash cow I can't help but think that this pin is going to be like that overpriced restaurant RIGHT on the beach we've all been to. You know, the one that has a great view, but really lousy service and even crappier food. Because they know the tourists are going to come for that great view, so they can phone in everything else. Even if you go back to that beach every year thereafter, you never go back to that restaurant because fool me once shame on me...fool me twice - well you know the rest.
IF they don't make either a special floating magnetic pinball or Newton ball that looks like the gearshift knob from the Razor Crest, they really missed an excellent theme integration opportunity. AND if all the mod companies aren't already making a ball shooter knob like this, I'm sure they will be after reading this post.
BUT I'll wait to hear the reviews after the hype dies down and pick up a Premium and put it next to my SW Premium if it's any good. I'm not usually cynical but I'm just reading the terrain here. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised. Stern?

Could be great or just good, hard to see it being bad.

Stern knows what works and Eddie knows how to design a great pinball machine. The artist knows how to draw SW and the theme (maybe not my favorite) is solid. It’s going to have video assets and sound and custom callouts etc.

#871 2 years ago

I thought it was Lonnie?

#872 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Luke better be in the final wizard mode.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Grogu is awesome...especially when he eats babies!

I realize there are sacred cows for many people and my comments, while true to me, were unnecessary for some. I'll try to pause next time before posting while cranky.

In regards to those of us buying sight unseen. The Mandalorian is the first title from Stern in a VERY long time that has gotten me this excited. A lot of things still need to fall into place for me but my deposit is refundable if I see a bobblehead on a spring.

Watch this thread explode when the pictures are released.

#873 2 years ago

Hoping for no more then 600 LE's, that was Kaneda's rumored number. An LE should be rare, counts above 500 start to become too much.

#874 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I thought it was Lonnie?

That’s the rumor.

#875 2 years ago

I wonder how much this game will look like the recently released VR Mandalorian table. It has some of the rumored features....

#876 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I wonder how much this game will look like the recently released VR Mandalorian table. It has some of the rumored features....

Looks like Battle the Power from TZ in that mini playfield on the right. Cool

#877 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Looks like Battle the Power from TZ in that mini playfield on the right. Cool

yep - I would expect that to have flippers for the real thing but I wonder if that leads to the ship behind it just like VR? I could see that happening. It's essentially like all of his other games with toys behind drop targets (ST, AFM).

#878 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:At some point you need draw the line if something is really going to be "limited". Market is red hot right now but what happens in 3 years when things cool with 1000 LE models are changing hands all the time?

Nothing happens to stern the only people it affects are scalpers. They should make as many LEs as they can sell out of. If the market corrects itself then the next game will have fewer LEs to adjust.

#879 2 years ago
Quoted from NatetheGreat:

Boba Fett's Slav1 ship toy must be on the playfied.

Is that the ship decked out in an Adidas jumpsuit and a chain, and likes to squat?

#880 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Nothing happens to stern the only people it affects are scalpers. They should make as many LEs as they can sell out of. If the market corrects itself then the next game will have fewer LEs to adjust.

You guys do realize having a frenzy and creating panick to get in on LEs helps sales across the board. Why do you think it's there in the first place and limited? Getting rid of this would not be a smart idea for total sales across all three models. Just have to look at total sales of the three they did this on. (maybe more) Black Knight Star wars and Munsters. I know its not the only reason lol but loosing the frenzy is not what they should want.

#881 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Different times. I’m all for lower LE numbers, but i think Stern would be stupid to make any less than 600 at this point. If Stern are consulting with distributors, and distributors are telling them they have 1000 people ready to buy LE’s........?

People will bail on the Les If there is 1000 of them, a lot of the LE buyers are speculators. Like I said and I know demand is up, but every time they up the numbers they sit, there is a sweet spot where it seems limited enough that people snatch them up. You get rid of the FOMO people will wait to see the game.

#882 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

People will bail on the Les If there is 1000 of them, a lot of the LE buyers are speculators. Like I said and I know demand is up, but every time they up the numbers they sit, there is a sweet spot where it seems limited enough that people snatch them up. You get rid of the FOMO people will wait to see the game.

Yeah but what’s the number? Some may think it’s 500, I think it’s 1000

#883 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I don't want to dream up what they could do with the Stern... because you'll just be disappointed. I really hope the layout for Sterns game looks nothing like this Zen table

#884 2 years ago

What was the last game Lyman coded?

#885 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

At some point you need draw the line if something is really going to be "limited". Market is red hot right now but what happens in 3 years when things cool with 1000 LE models are changing hands all the time?

JJP says 1500 is “limited.” And Stern can’t be focusing on what happens to used game prices three years down the line - they’ve got new games to make and sell right now!

#886 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

What was the last game Lyman coded?

Elvira

#887 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

You guys do realize having a frenzy and creating panick to get in on LEs helps sales across the board. Why do you think it's there in the first place and limited? Getting rid of this would not be a smart idea for total sales across all three models. Just have to look at total sales of the three they did this on. (maybe more) Black Knight Star wars and Munsters. I know its not the only reason lol but loosing the frenzy is not what they should want.

No one is suggesting getting rid of LEs. But if stern could support 800 LEs with SWs 4 years ago than can easily support 1000 with this market and achieve the same effect. And I totally disagree that LE hype is what drives volume for pros and premiums, good games and good themes sell long term regardless of LE availability.

#888 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

No one is suggesting getting rid of LEs.

I disagree. I think there are many people who would welcome back the days when there was only *one* version of the game to buy.

But those days are clearly done.

#889 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

I disagree. I think there are many people who would welcome back the days when there was only *one* version of the game to buy.
But those days are clearly done.

Well yea

#890 2 years ago

Kaneda posted that the new rumor is now 750 LEs.

#891 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Ergo the problem - they set the LE number before they know if they will sell them all or not.

When LEs are considered 'plentiful' - they lose the FOMO effect. When they sell out too quick, they've left money on the table.

So it very much impacts Stern. And the 'if the market corrects...' is what has been happening for many releases. Stern tries to gauge how many will hit the sweet spot of keeping the allure of exclusivity while reaping in as much as they can.

#892 2 years ago

Kaneda is now reporting 750 LE's, up from 600 due to pressure from distrubtors or something.

Will that high of count versus 500 impact resale values? Who knows. A good chunk though will go overseas.

#893 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Agree. 1st time we seen Luke since 1983. That old degenerate hobo we got in the sequels doesnt count.

If only it were that easy...

#894 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

And I totally disagree that LE hype is what drives volume for pros and premiums, good games and good themes sell long term regardless of LE availability.

Then you are not paying attention. FOMO is **HUGE** in driving sales up front. Why did Haggis limit not only their sales numbers, but put a very tight window on orders? Same as DR... they are trying to push for a sales frenzy.

Hell, even MOD makers are jumping on the bandwagon to push demand forward.

LE hype doesn't drive actual game value (and it's market value in the long run) - but in SALES in this hobby it has proven to be a very effective way to push interest into front-loaded sales.

#895 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Kaneda is now reporting 750 LE's, up from 600 due to pressure from distrubtors or something.
Will that high of count of LE's versus 500 hurt resale values? Who knows. A good chunk though will go overseas.

Too many LEs will definitely hurt stern. They don’t do enough differences a lot of the time between the prem and LE for people to jump up unless it’s truly limited. There is a sweet spot for sure.

Shoot, one of the reasons I sold aiq le was because it’s the same art as the prem just had the mirrored back glass and the smaller things like blades, shaker, hd glass, powder coat but nothing that separated it for me personally. I can always get a prem down the road.

#896 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Too many LEs will definitely hurt stern. They don’t do enough differences a lot of the time between the prem and LE for people to jump up unless it’s truly limited. There is a sweet spot for sure.
Shoot, one of the reasons I sold aiq le was because it’s the same art as the prem just had the mirrored back glass and the smaller things like blades, shaker, hd glass, powder coat but nothing that separated it for me personally. I can always get a prem down the road.

Too many LE’s? Hell, Distro’s are reporting selling out before title was announced. Don’t think the Lemmings will care.

#897 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

They don’t do enough differences a lot of the time between the prem and LE for people to jump up unless it’s truly limited. There is a sweet spot for sure.

This is the key point for people that try to make JJP comparisons. JJP and Stern's product spreads are different. People don't care about the LE number on JJPs because JJP is selling that model based on the feature set more often than not. Stern's LE differentiators have been pretty weak, with art usually being the biggest 'must or must not have' differentiator. People buy LEs because they think they are the 'top end' and the FOMO effect. Balancing that act is an art... Stern's batting average is not great, but they do keep getting back up to swing.

#898 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Too many LE’s? Hell, Distro’s are reporting selling out before title was announced. Don’t think the Lemmings will care.

I’m a lemming and I care.

#899 2 years ago
Quoted from DerezzedKnight:

Kaneda posted that the new rumor is now 750 LEs.

Me after hearing this and then contacting distributors.

2F5B5B81-7710-41A6-8F26-841B15A7FD52.jpeg2F5B5B81-7710-41A6-8F26-841B15A7FD52.jpeg5B46E6E9-C43B-457F-A379-FE923B48E186.jpeg5B46E6E9-C43B-457F-A379-FE923B48E186.jpeg
#900 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

This is the key point for people that try to make JJP comparisons. JJP and Stern's product spreads are different. People don't care about the LE number on JJPs because JJP is selling that model based on the feature set more often than not. Stern's LE differentiators have been pretty weak, with art usually being the biggest 'must or must not have' differentiator. People buy LEs because they think they are the 'top end' and the FOMO effect. Balancing that act is an art... Stern's batting average is not great, but they do keep getting back up to swing.

Agreed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Raleigh, NC
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Northfield, MN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/18?hl=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.