(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 153.
#701 2 years ago

I’m curious (hope) there will be some character selection like we’ve seen before SW, GoT etc.

I know this is somewhat gimmicky and probably tournament players don’t like it but it’s kind of fun to me.

#702 2 years ago

I’m a tournament player and I love this stuff. Bring it on. Don’t like it in EVERY game, but works for themes with lots of characters and I think Mando would be perfect for it. But that’s really a Dwight thing. Not sure Eddy will go that route. We shall see.

#703 2 years ago

How about earning imperial credits as you progress and trade up Beskar armor.

3424CBFB-F438-4FB2-9FBE-42348BB53416 (resized).jpeg3424CBFB-F438-4FB2-9FBE-42348BB53416 (resized).jpeg

#704 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

The Mandalorian is a theme that may finally put a Star Wars pin in my gameroom. This is the way.

True for me too. Not only that, the show has made me a more of a Star Wars than I ever was. Sure I liked the original trilogy as a kid. But not nearly as much as many other people. After that, I was not much invested in the franchise until recently. Now, because of covid and Disney +, I've watched just about everything. Including all of the Clone Wars. But it all started with The Mandalorian show. Sure, I could nit pick a on a few things about the show. But I'd rather just run with the enjoyment of it.

#705 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m curious (hope) there will be some character selection like we’ve seen before SW, GoT etc.
I know this is somewhat gimmicky and probably tournament players don’t like it but it’s kind of fun to me.

Ugh, hate it. Won’t fit this theme either. The player will be Mando, you’ll be hunting his bounties, protecting the child, etc.

#706 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Yeah, and 6 months after releasing Stranger Things LE was selling for 7500. DP LE has been selling for low 8s for 2 years. The pinball market fluctuates too much based on location and timing to say something definitive. It's more often than not below street price.

Very true. I bought my 2nd-hand EHOH Prem. for $7k last September. Sold it for $8k in January. And now it'd probably sell for $9k. But the price will probably dip a little now that a few NIB have trickled out, and then go up again until the 2022 run. So yeah, talk about fluctuations! There's so much that goes into it.

#707 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

How about earning imperial credits as you progress and trade up Beskar armor.
[quoted image]

sounds like a mode pin, catch the target, then earn credit to buy beskar

#708 2 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

True for me too. Not only that, the show has made me a more of a Star Wars than I ever was. Sure I liked the original trilogy as a kid. But not nearly as much as many other people. After that, I was not much invested in the franchise until recently. Now, because of covid and Disney +, I've watched just about everything. Including all of the Clone Wars. But it all started with The Mandalorian show. Sure, I could nit pick a on a few things about the show. But I'd rather just run with the enjoyment of it.

Hows the new show Bad Batch? Looks cool but being a animated series ill probably just let my kids tell me what happens.

#709 2 years ago

So I called back one of the distributors where I'm on a list for an LE. I was told they still don't know how many LE's they are getting and this is one of the larger distributors.

#710 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Hows the new show Bad Batch? Looks cool but being a animated series ill probably just let my kids tell me what happens.

My kids and I have watched all of the Clone Wars and Rebels cartoons. The first episode of the Bad Batch was pretty good and is beginning to tie those two series together. I’m a big fan of the animation. It’s getting more and more detailed.

#711 2 years ago

Keeping my expectations low, as I always do with Stern and big/exciting titles.

#712 2 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Sure, you just made a point to specifically mention covid and masks, but I'm sure that was totally unintentional. When you're ready to take that loss lemme know ha.
My point is you could avoid losing money by sucking it up and throwing on a mask for 15 minutes. Clearly its lost on you.

Get over yourself dude.

#713 2 years ago

Let's speculate about features - custom callouts by Carl Weathers?

#714 2 years ago

Is there confirmation on design and code? I have seen a couple different. Not that it matters. Wife loves the child/baby yoda/grogu

#715 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Get over yourself dude.

I'm over myself enough to try a game before I buy it and not make "subtle" jabs at people trying to get past all this pandemic crap, so no need to worry about me. I'm hoping its a good player so I can pick one up cheaper in a few months.

#716 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Which Mando are you referring to? Mandalore Mando off the TV or Mandlebaum from a few pages ago?

Mandelbaum for sure right !?

38866BE8-1762-4CC5-AB0C-B50A029DF116 (resized).jpeg38866BE8-1762-4CC5-AB0C-B50A029DF116 (resized).jpeg
#717 2 years ago

Hope the topper lots better then the Star Wars R2D2. I hope they try not to cheap on it and just baby yoda head on top and make that rotate around in circles too. Beep beep boop boop

The navy spotted a Republic gun ship! Clone wars here we come!
0-50 (resized).jpg0-50 (resized).jpg

#718 2 years ago

I hope the topper is a crappy piece of plastic so I can laugh at people for buying them

#719 2 years ago

Let’s get off the LE debate and back to speculation on the game !!

While I enjoy character selection as was suggested .. feel you clearly have to play the role of Din in this game no ?

#720 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hope the topper lots better then the Star Wars R2D2. I hope they try not to cheap on it and just baby yoda head on top and make that rotate around in circles too. Beep beep boop boop
The navy spotted a Republic gun ship! Clone wars here we come!
[quoted image]

That's actually a pretty cool topper...it reacts to gameplay and the droid machine sounds and beeps come out of the game speakers. Not nearly as lame as some other flat-plastic toppers they've put out recently.

#721 2 years ago

I've heard some very positive things from a non pinball family member on the art.
That was unusual, and a nice surprise.

#722 2 years ago

Mando topper.. take BKSOR and replace with Mando helmet.

Added extra, have the Bobba Fett helmet with motorised rocket tracker that comes down on the side of the helmet.. easy $1000...

#723 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I've heard some very positive things from a non pinball family member on the art.
That was unusual, and a nice surprise.

Art ....

Have we seen the art ?

#724 2 years ago

Something here. I'm surprised to see the canceled lady so prominently featured on the artwork. (edit - its ok with me, just worried about possible backlash for the company)

https://1n52x82bex30z90an3vzr5jm-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/StarWarsPinball_Mandalorian_Keyart-scaled.jpg

#725 2 years ago

I'm hoping for mission base, where Greef Karga (Carl Weathers) gives you bounties to collect. Complete the objective and lock the ball into the Razor Crest to collect the bounty or something like that. There are a lot of cool battles that took place in S01 and S02 that would be fun to play out.

#726 2 years ago

Good. Take that PC drama and put it where the sun don’t shine.

#727 2 years ago

I hope the game sucks and the market is saturated with shitty LEs, with everyone taking a bath.

#728 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I hope the game sucks and the market is saturated with shitty LEs, with everyone taking a bath.

Well I'm sure most are only "in" with refundable deposits until they actually see the game.

#729 2 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

I'm over myself enough to try a game before I buy it and not make "subtle" jabs at people trying to get past all this pandemic crap, so no need to worry about me. I'm hoping its a good player so I can pick one up cheaper in a few months.

Subtle jabs, you’re really trying to go with that lol. You still don’t understand it’s how I’ve got to play pins through this. You’re bad at trolling plus how many LEs have you owned? Looks like this would be you’re first Le for the newer pins so you’re just being a troll like I said earlier. I guess what ever gets you through the day

#730 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Let’s get off the LE debate and back to speculation on the game !!
While I enjoy character selection as was suggested .. feel you clearly have to play the role of Din in this game no ?

Yeah you probably do. Maybe you can add people to your group by completing tasks like team up from Deadpool and it will help you in your missions?

#731 2 years ago

Could see the game following the story. Collect bounties, collect armor, protect the child, seek out the Jedi. LE has gotta have that Beskar trim. Also would love to see those legendary characters from S2 make an appearance in the game.

ihs (resized).jpgihs (resized).jpg
#732 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah you probably do. Maybe you can add people to your group by completing tasks like team up from Deadpool and it will help you in your missions?

I hope they have co-op, they haven’t done it since tmnt and is one of the reasons we like it.
It’s fun to play with the family especially a family of 4!

#733 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That's actually a pretty cool topper...it reacts to gameplay and the droid machine sounds and beeps come out of the game speakers. Not nearly as lame as some other flat-plastic toppers they've put out recently.

Sadly, it's not screen accurate at all!

#734 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I walked in to my distributor with 10k cash on hand last week for a deposit on the next LE and was basically laughed at.

Likely because you can't get an LE for $10K in Canada

#735 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Sadly, it's not screen accurate at all!

I found the same thing. I had a BKSOR with topper and his head would track the ball to the lane, talk trash, get hit in the face, etc. it was really cool. I was hoping Star Wars was going to have similar playfield interactions.

#736 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Art ....
Have we seen the art ?

No, it's not released, and I haven't seen it.
But family works at Disney/Marvel in the area, where it crossed.

#737 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Likely because you can't get an LE for $10K in Canada

....sigh.
I said I had a 10k cash DEPOSIT on me. Im aware of P1 and Stern pricing thanks

#738 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Subtle jabs, you’re really trying to go with that lol. You still don’t understand it’s how I’ve got to play pins through this. You’re bad at trolling plus how many LEs have you owned? Looks like this would be you’re first Le for the newer pins so you’re just being a troll like I said earlier. I guess what ever gets you through the day

Whoa, you brought it up first, so I'm "going with" what you said your reason. That is correct, it would be my first, hence why I would be insane to not play it first before I spent that kind of cash on a game, troll. Sorry I'm not rich enough for ya, hope trolling me gets you through your day.

#739 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

....sigh.
I said I had a 10k cash DEPOSIT on me. Im aware of P1 and Stern pricing thanks

Well then you should know that P1 cannot accept a deposit on a game that isn't released yet. Yes they can put you on a waiting list. They can't collect a dime.

You may want to try again once it's announced for real.

#740 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Also would love to see those legendary characters from S2 make an appearance in the game.
[quoted image]

Luke Skywalker Wizard Mode from the S02 ending would be sweet!

#741 2 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Whoa, you brought it up first, so I'm "going with" what you said your reason. That is correct, it would be my first, hence why I would be insane to not play it first before I spent that kind of cash on a game, troll. Sorry I'm not rich enough for ya, hope trolling me gets you through your day.

It has nothing to do about being rich. You have a great lineup and could clearly afford an LE if you sold a couple pins.

Quoted from grantopia:

So...you're good with potentially losing a few hundred or a thousand bucks to avoid wearing a mask to try out your 5-10K investment before you buy it? That'll show em...

"I get the LE because with covid There wasn’t anywhere to play them. Now you have to wear masks so rather just try it out and sell if it’s not a keeper."

Here is my quote bringing up why I buy Le's. Then you decided that you should chime in and let me know how excited you were for people like me to buy and lose money so you can buy it up. So maybe you have just been waiting for the right one. Bottom line, you have never done that in the past but you wanted to make a bunch of comments to be a troll. Then you switched gears to make it sound like I'm doing for other reasons around covid.

As much as its been fun hearing you tell me why I am wrong for buying them unseen its time to stop talking with you as its ruining the thread. I'll buy it, enjoy it, might keep it or sell. That might upset you or you might not understand why I do what i do but life will go on

#742 2 years ago
Quoted from DerezzedKnight:

SPOILERS MAN!

#743 2 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

hope trolling me gets you through your day.

I don't think you know what trolling means. Guy mentions he would rather buy an LE and play it at home because if he doesn't like it, he just sells it for a small loss (and that's if the game is average) Then you criticize him.

Quoted from grantopia:

So...you're good with potentially losing a few hundred or a thousand bucks to avoid wearing a mask to try out your 5-10K investment before you buy it? That'll show em...

Quoted from grantopia:

I dont know who...whoever you're trying to make a point to by essentially paying a few hundred bucks to not wear a mask for 15 minutes to test out a game, then buy it to enjoy in your own home after that. Not my money though, I'm happy people are willing to take the hit so I can scoop one up when the code is compete way cheaper.

Maybe you need to put your white knight armor back on and go troll in the Real Talk thread?

#744 2 years ago

I like how some trolls keep saying "you have to try before you buy". Well here's a little bit of info for you Sherlock... Distributers do not put LE's in showrooms because collectors don't want to buy "used" LEs. Given that the pattern of release is Pro/LE/Prem buyers also cannot play a premium to see how the LE would play.

If you want an LE there are 2 choices. Buy sight unseen at MSRP or pay scalper prices buying from re-sellers. Don't like the idea? Don't buy it and wait for a Premium.

It's not a life necessity. It's a luxury toy. Big deal.

#745 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:Then you switched gears to make it sound like I'm doing for other reasons around covid.

Did I switch gears? Or did you literally say this:

Quoted from Happy81724:

. I get the LE because with covid There wasn’t anywhere to play them. Now you have to wear masks

I'm not making it sound like anything, you're saying that. But you're right at the end of the day it doesn't matter to me what you do with your money. Hopefully it's a game that ends up being worth it and redeems what I wanted the first SW to be.

#746 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

If you want an LE there are 2 choices. Buy sight unseen at MSRP or pay scalper prices buying from re-sellers. Don't like the idea? Don't buy it and wait for a Premium.

There’s a third choice. Play the pro first and get some sense of how the game is before you commit to an LE. That’s what I did. You’re not going in blind.

#747 2 years ago
Barney-shoot-yourself.gifBarney-shoot-yourself.gif
#748 2 years ago
Quoted from DerezzedKnight:

lol thanks for spoiling the show dude, what the actual fuck

#749 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

It happened 4 months ago....at this point, it's kinda on you.

#750 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I mean... you know the pinball machine is going to be taking clips/stories from the show, right?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Northfield, MN
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Cruces, NM
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 22.95
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/15?hl=november and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.