(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 153.
#7501 2 years ago
Quoted from Muxacka:

Hi All
Got my pro 2 weeks ago, all in all great gameplay and experience, now an issue I noticed is the left orbit (the one where the ball falls behind Grogu) 8/10 of times the ball ends up between the flippers, or at the very tip of the right flipper with no ways to save the ball.. am Newbie to pinball machines ownership, and some guidance might help.. someone recommended to adjust the orbit rails (ball guide assembly point 5.27 in manual) but it is one rail left to right and can’t find how to do that.. left - right is properly levelled too so it is not tilted toward one side..
Thanks for the support
[quoted image]

You need to adjust the guide to the right (red arrow). So the ball doesn't bounce off the post (yellow arrow).

3ba3b75f65e552ffabf1d4f9fe9a980c8bc93e21 (resized).jpg3ba3b75f65e552ffabf1d4f9fe9a980c8bc93e21 (resized).jpg
#7502 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

You need to adjust the guide to the right (red arrow). So the ball doesn't bounce off the post (yellow arrow).
[quoted image]

Awesome! Thanks for the quick response, that was a quick fix, now I see that it did bend inwards a bit, never thought that a possibility.. now plays like a charm..

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#7503 2 years ago

I've got an LE and just started playing it. Got around 20 games or so and then started to get this happening when hitting a flipper:

Any idea what switch might be going off? Pretty sure I'm not supposed to be cranking up the beskar by hitting the flipper buttons!

#7504 2 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

I've got an LE and just started playing it. Got around 20 games or so and then started to get this happening when hitting a flipper:

Any idea what switch might be going off? Pretty sure I'm not supposed to be cranking up the beskar by hitting the flipper buttons!

1st thing to check is : a too sensible switch

#7505 2 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

Earlier post someone said the target by the pops tends to be sensitive and add Beskar. Check adjustment / sensitivity

#7506 2 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

Go into switch test mode and hit the side of the cabinet near the flippers as if you where flipping see what switch activates on screen.

#7507 2 years ago

Yes there is a 2 blade normally open switch behind the foundry/left ramp on the ball guide about mid to the 2 pops that registers Beskar from a ball hitting it or pop vibration maybe from pops hits. It probably needs to be manually opened a little so a general machine vibration does not make the switch. Good find.

#7508 2 years ago

Thanks for the quick replies! Turns out it was that leaf switch in between the 2 pop bumpers. It was just a little too close, separated it a tiny bit and it's all good and everything is working fine again.

mando 3 (resized).JPGmando 3 (resized).JPG
#7509 2 years ago

After seeing Rush I am once again like I was when Godzilla was revealed really happy I took the plunge on Mando. Rush looks great but it also looks like nearly every other Borg game layout wise, super happy with Mando’S very different feeling layout.

#7510 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

After seeing Rush I am once again like I was when Godzilla was revealed really happy I took the plunge on Mando.

I don't know what it is but I cannot get enough of Mando. The layout is so unique and different it has really kept my interest. I thought the Led Zeppelin honeymoon stage lasted long,but now Mando honeymoon seems to never end. Once you get to know the shots, it really is a spectacular shooting game. Godzilla did zero for me(mainly because of theme/layout).

I am a RUSH fan but I am sitting this one out. I don't know what is going on but my passion is lagging lately. I have had little interest because of price increases,etc. I guess I still have not gotten over the fact that pro's are selling for LE prices? I think RUSH looks fun and I look forward to playing it in person to truly judge it. I will say-the reveal did not knock my socks off. It looks like Tron and LOTR had a baby and ripped off Led Zeppelin's expression lighting. The middle ramp with magnet seems like a re-used feature from back in the day(been there done that-snooze fest). Now let's talk about the art-what were they thinking? I love the steam punk-super cool but they ruined it with the cheesy cartoon characters in the center of playfield. To me it is an eye-sore and I am getting tired of Stern's cartoony art ruining an otherwise great machine(think Spiderman vault/Aerosmith art). Just look how tasteful the band member pics are on Led Zeppelin v.s RUSH. RUSH is the best three member band to ever live and Neil is the best drummer to ever live but for some reason I am not feeling this one and do not have any FOMO. Looking forward to playing it, but unfortunately this one is not on my radar yet.

Mando for the win

Amen Brother! (resized).jpgAmen Brother! (resized).jpg

LZ band member art (resized).jpgLZ band member art (resized).jpgRush cringe (resized).pngRush cringe (resized).png
#7511 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I don't know what it is but I cannot get enough of Mando. The layout is so unique and different it has really kept my interest.

That’s the funny thing about Mando, it is another fan layout but the genius in the design is the shots are different distances from the flippers.

It mixes up the feeling of the shots, it also helps that the majority of all the other recent sterns have had a wide open middle with the shots all the way at the back, Mando mixes that right up!

#7512 2 years ago

Can someone explain how the Razor Crest gate works? My Mando Pro is not registering Razor Crest hits.

It looks like there is a magnet that is supposed to trigger something, but I don't understand how it works. From the schematics, Part 2 is a magnet behind the target and Part 14 is a "Mag Sensor", but just looks to be a metal rod. There isn't anything in the gate connected to any wires.

Any ideas on how to fix or even what the problem is. Here are some pics of the disassembled mech and the schematic.

Thanks for any help!

Screenshot_20220105-171025 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220105-171025 (resized).pngPXL_20220106_021337385 (resized).jpgPXL_20220106_021337385 (resized).jpgPXL_20220106_021521560 (resized).jpgPXL_20220106_021521560 (resized).jpgPXL_20220106_021528557 (resized).jpgPXL_20220106_021528557 (resized).jpg
#7513 2 years ago

I have taken the razor crest assembly completely apart for my playfield protector install. Like you, I am not sure how it works. For Razor Crest multiball qualification, I think the ramp optos are utilized to count the number of times the ball goes up and around the center ramp behind the Crest. The up target (is that what Brian Eddy called it in the gameplay reveal?) does not even come into play I guess for multi-ball qualification is what I am stating. I think the up target has sensors to determine if the razor crest up target was hit for hurry-ups only. Are you still getting your multiballs even with this issue?

Probably I am showing my na·ive·té here but there are 2 screws protruding behind the up target, shown also in your picture, one screw is longer than the other. Maybe in the factory they got the screws mixed up on yours. The longer screw is at the bottom on mine as I re-assembled it. Maybe that's what registers an up target hit, the magnet hitting the screw and yours is the too short one to make the connection. Or maybe the up target is not supposed to magnetize to the screw and the magnet is supposed to swing up to the little circuit board and the shorter screw is supposed to be at the bottom so as not to interfere with the swing range. Really I have no idea either.

#7514 2 years ago

I re-assembled it and still no dice.

When I shoot the Razor Crest shot the optos in the ramp are registering, but it just builds the award, does not give hits towards the Razor Crest multiball. I think it's a combination of the Razor Crest target with the ramp optos that builds the multiball award; if you don't hit the RC target cleanly it just builds award(?). I don't know the rules well enough to know...

#7515 2 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

I re-assembled it and still no dice.
When I shoot the Razor Crest shot the optos in the ramp are registering, but it just builds the award, does not give hits towards the Razor Crest multiball. I think it's a combination of the Razor Crest target with the ramp optos that builds the multiball award; if you don't hit the RC target cleanly it just builds award(?). I don't know the rules well enough to know...

Looking at the manual and also the mech itself on my LE, is it some sort of magnetic switch? There should be a little metal nut on the back of the swinging target is yours in place?

I might be totally wrong about it being.a magnetic switch but for the life of me I can’t see a switch on the swinging target and the manual mentions a magnetic sleeve.

68560B45-0A5A-49DF-AF62-C1F8CF8255D0 (resized).jpeg68560B45-0A5A-49DF-AF62-C1F8CF8255D0 (resized).jpeg
#7516 2 years ago

Found a pro in stock just ordered it. Thinking wire forms, and cliffys will be first.

#7518 2 years ago

Cool I was right.

So if the screw is supposed to be magnetised I bet that is the issue for some. Either that or there solder has chipped so the magnetic switch doesn’t detect the screw.

#7519 2 years ago

When grogu awards light heal, the outlanes don’t actually light heal
Is this a code thing or is mine broken or something?

#7520 2 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

When grogu awards light heal, the outlanes don’t actually light heal
Is this a code thing or is mine broken or something?

Nah it's not just you, it's a bug. Dwight is aware of it - so we should see it fixed in the next update.

Speaking of grogu awards, what do you guys think of the duration of the award animation? Seems to hang around for a bit too long in my opinion.

#7521 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

Speaking of grogu awards, what do you guys think of the duration of the award animation? Seems to hang around for a bit too long in my opinion.

I'm agree with you, it's also the case when the ball is lost, the grogu awards animation continues a few seconds.

#7522 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

I'm agree with you, it's also the case when the ball is lost, the grogu awards animation continues a few seconds.

No biggie but the callouts ending hurry-ups are not synch'd to gameplay either, Carl Weathers' countdown callouts end but a subsequent shot registers to the task anyway a second or two later.

#7523 2 years ago

The video clip right after encounter mode is reminding me of watching the new Book of Boba Fett on Disney Plus. If you guys have not checked it out yet and you dig the Mandalorian series-must check it out!

#7524 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Yes! Too long. Same with encounters screens.

#7525 2 years ago

Posted in the owners forum yesterday and havnt got a response:

Anyone have a fix for the Encounter mech binding? It will not raise high enough to release the ball and search won’t find it occasionally. Pretty maddening. When I read it by hand it will bind about 4/10 times.

#7526 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Anyone have a fix for the Encounter mech binding? It will not raise high enough to release the ball and search won’t find it occasionally. Pretty maddening. When I read it by hand it will bind about 4/10 times.

The encounter diverter is only a plunger/coil, there has to be something rubbing/getting in its way, I would strip out the ramps and take a look personally

#7527 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Is it missing the shaft spring?

#7528 2 years ago

No, the spring is there. I’ll prob just have to rebuild it.

Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Is it missing the shaft spring?

#7529 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

No, the spring is there. I’ll prob just have to rebuild it.

I would mate like I recommended above, it’s a simple coil mech, so if you can’t see what’s causing the binding/restriction of it disassemble the ramp and get a better look.

The main ramp is super easy to take apart and remove mate, I’ve had the whole thing out so if you need anything just ask.

#7530 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Gday mate,
We had same issue on our Premium where the ball got stuck all the time when attempting to enter the helmet.
The steel ramp diverter is held by 2 screws to the backboard, we loosen the top screw and removed the bottom one and added a washer between the back of the bracket and headboard shown below with red arrow.
This raised the ramp enough to allow the ball to roll into the helmet everytime. Very quick and easy to do.

2021-11-06 11.02.21 (resized).jpg2021-11-06 11.02.21 (resized).jpg2021-11-06 11.11.14 (resized).jpg2021-11-06 11.11.14 (resized).jpg2021-11-06 11.11.24 (resized).jpg2021-11-06 11.11.24 (resized).jpg
#7531 2 years ago

Thanks ya’ll! Got it all sorted

#7532 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Thanks ya’ll! Got it all sorted

What was your fix?

#7533 2 years ago

The ball lock mech was hitting the plastic behind the back board. I pushed the plastic back and bent the entire mech slightly forward.

What was your fix?

#7534 2 years ago

Anyone have issues getting the super jackpot to register on the Pro model?

It seems like it is somewhat intermittent, but if I hit it with a strong/fast shot, it seems to register like 50% of the time. The switch definitely works and if I go through diagnostics it all seems good.

I feel like I have seen it most commonly be an issue trying to collect the supers during/after a multiball, so I don't know if it *could* be software related. Perhaps the rollover just needs some adjustment though.

#7535 2 years ago
Quoted from NullFlavor:

It seems like it is somewhat intermittent, but if I hit it with a strong/fast shot, it seems to register like 50% of the time. The switch definitely works and if I go through diagnostics it all seems good.
I feel like I have seen it most commonly be an issue trying to collect the supers during/after a multiball, so I don't know if it *could* be software related. Perhaps the rollover just needs some adjustment though.

I would try adjusting the leaf switch first and see if there is a change in behaviour.

#7536 2 years ago
Quoted from NullFlavor:

It happens on many games, including mine. The geometry of the shot is causing fast balls to rise up and not activate the switch. Two things you can do. First is to gently bend the end of the switch up (it’s not a leaf switch) so the ball can trigger it. The second option is to put something along the rail that slows the ball down, perhaps a piece of felt or magnetic strip. Something like this might work, I’ve used it in iron man to keep balls from flying off the left ramp and in TZ to prevent rejects for the upper right ball lock shot. I have not tried it yet in mando.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Master-Magnet-1-2-in-x-30-in-Magnetic-Tape-Roll-96264/203613124?source=shoppingads&locale=en-US&pla&mtc=Shopping-VF-F_D29A-G-D29A-Multi-Multi-NA-Feed-PLA_LIA-NA-NA-MinorAppl_Special_Buys&cm_mmc=Shopping-VF-F_D29A-G-D29A-Multi-Multi-NA-Feed-PLA_LIA-NA-NA-MinorAppl_Special_Buys-71700000042813121-58700005464629311-92700067963002094&gclid=Cj0KCQiA8vSOBhCkARIsAGdp6RR6wNX_1MkaPLdZGWgj_Bce6vuZToGWoT_lABn47aM_Nix66GQQ8V4aAnAzEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

2 weeks later
#7537 2 years ago

Was at a collector store and saw the Mando Hot Toy for the first time in person. Wow the detail is absolutely amazing, and had me thinking it would look good as a potential topper for the game. I thought well it would be cool on top of machine but people would not be able to see the detail and it really belongs in a glass display case. I want one now after seeing it in person

Mando Hot Toy (resized).jpegMando Hot Toy (resized).jpeg

#7538 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Was at a collector store and saw the Mando Hot Toy for the first time in person. Wow the detail is absolutely amazing, and had me thinking it would look good as a potential topper for the game. I thought well it would be cool on top of machine but people would not be able to see the detail and it really belongs in a glass display case. I want one now after seeing it in person
[quoted image]

How is it secured? Always worried something like that would fall off and smash the playfield glass.

#7539 2 years ago

How is it secured? Always worried something like that would fall off and smash the playfield glass.

I have all sorts of toys(#crap) on top of some of my machines. I simply secure them with double sided black commercial velcro. They are solid and stay put and can be removed easily.

Stern really needs to get the topper going for Mando, I am not a topper guy(just cheap junk on top) but from the sounds of it-it sounds cool.
I think the Wh20 topper is one of the only ones I really appreciate-it is a work of art(maybe Mando topper will impress me with interaction?)

#7540 2 years ago

I really hope that we see the topper soon. The BKSoR topper is the best in my opinion. Had a BKSoR and the knight on top with his call outs always made me laugh. Most toppers are overrated pieces of plastics that are way to expensive. I am currenly making my own Ghostbusters topper and will do Guardians after that, if Mando is not here after that, I probably start one on my own. Just crazy how long these things take. Btw yesterday chapter 5 of Book of Boba Fett, awesome, the big guy is back and better then ever!

#7541 2 years ago

Just heard from FlipNOut that my premium is ready for pickup. RIP my ability to focus at work today!

#7542 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It happens on many games, including mine. The geometry of the shot is causing fast balls to rise up and not activate the switch. Two things you can do. First is to gently bend the end of the switch up (it’s not a leaf switch) so the ball can trigger it. The second option is to put something along the rail that slows the ball down, perhaps a piece of felt or magnetic strip. Something like this might work, I’ve used it in iron man to keep balls from flying off the left ramp and in TZ to prevent rejects for the upper right ball lock shot. I have not tried it yet in mando.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Master-Magnet-1-2-in-x-30-in-Magnetic-Tape-Roll-96264/203613124?source=shoppingads&locale=en-US&pla&mtc=Shopping-VF-F_D29A-G-D29A-Multi-Multi-NA-Feed-PLA_LIA-NA-NA-MinorAppl_Special_Buys&cm_mmc=Shopping-VF-F_D29A-G-D29A-Multi-Multi-NA-Feed-PLA_LIA-NA-NA-MinorAppl_Special_Buys-71700000042813121-58700005464629311-92700067963002094&gclid=Cj0KCQiA8vSOBhCkARIsAGdp6RR6wNX_1MkaPLdZGWgj_Bce6vuZToGWoT_lABn47aM_Nix66GQQ8V4aAnAzEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Just to follow up, the magnet tape didn’t work as I thought it might. Instead, just simply removing the switch and bending it so it’s more sensitive resolved the issue. Registers every time now.

#7543 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Just heard from FlipNOut that my premium is ready for pickup. RIP my ability to focus at work today!

I have seen your participation in threads and can tell you are a huge Star Wars fan. I can just say you are going to shit your pants on how cool Mando is. Well worth the wait and I feel your excitement-good stuff. When you get it-MUST check out alternative soundtrack in menu settings-crank it up!

#7544 2 years ago

For your Mando fans out there who have not seen episode 5 of The book of boba Fett, you will want to keep your eyes out for a naboo fighter ship to mod. I've probably said too much

#7545 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

For your Mando fans out there who have not seen episode 5 of The book of boba Fett, you will want to keep your eyes out for a naboo fighter ship to mod. I've probably said too much

The thrust capacitor!

#7546 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

That’s for the BOBF pin

#7547 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

That’s for the BOBF pin

So you haven't seen the episode.

#7548 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

So you haven't seen the episode.

Saw it day of release but my Mando pin has a big razorcrest front and center.

If BOBF is any where near as popular as Mando we will see a BOBF pin and if episode 6 carries episode 5 forward it could all make a nice little mode

#7549 2 years ago

Sorry if this has been covered. I put a deposit down on a Mando Prem in May of 2021. My distributor just called to say it’s available now but the new price is substantially higher.
Should I be paying the 2021 price or the new price due to almost a year delay? Do I have the right to get my deposit back?
Thanks for your opinions.

#7550 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Saw it day of release but my Mando pin has a big razorcrest front and center.
If BOBF is any where near as popular as Mando we will see a BOBF pin and if episode 6 carries episode 5 forward it could all make a nice little mode

BOBF needs a second season before stern will make it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 22.95
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lansing, KS
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/151?hl=hawks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.