(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 160 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 153.
#7451 2 years ago

Man this game is full of STDM and drains, makes me stressed out. I already adjusted the outlane drains.

#7452 2 years ago

Has anyone else adjusted their outlines from the default middle position? I'm sorely tempted...

#7453 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Has anyone else adjusted their outlines from the default middle position? I'm sorely tempted...

I have, and I got to say there's no shame in it. I still have plenty of balls exiting through the outlanes. It has to make a difference in the long run because your narrowing the gap, but it's not a game changer.

#7454 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Who has had their diverter break, I've heard lots did . Mine did, stern sent the new one, however the new one does not fit, it binds into the ramp. I've sent stern pics, and video they asked for. And they have asked me to measure and compare to original and I have. After making a outline, the curve on the new part is not the same at the end, it's just a bit off..but enough to not work. Anyone else receive a new one and have same issue?
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Is t

Quoted from thewool:

Yep, tightened up the outlanes and reduced slingshot power.

#7455 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man this game is full of STDM and drains, makes me stressed out. I already adjusted the outlane drains.

Feels a lot like GB. STDM from out of the U turn and hitting the right side rail pretty consistently. Mando's a tough shooter but we really like the game regardless.

#7456 2 years ago

Thanks

Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Feels a lot like GB. STDM from out of the U turn and hitting the right side rail pretty consistently. Mando's a tough shooter but we really like the game regardless.

Mmmm..... I never get SDTM shots from the u-turn. Maybe something to do with the setup?

#7457 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

The worst is when the Grogu magnet throws it right down the middle. Grogu should be exciting since you get a reward, but I dread it every time. In general the geometry is such that the game routinely punishes you if you miss your shot with it heading right for an out lane or SDTM. I probably should just play better lol.

#7458 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

The worst is when the Grogu magnet throws it right down the middle. Grogu should be exciting since you get a reward, but I dread it every time. In general the geometry is such that the game routinely punishes you if you miss your shot with it heading right for an out lane or SDTM. I probably should just play better lol.

I removed the top rubber from the right upper lane guide. It helps a bit since it stopped bouncing, and less right only actions from Grogu but better would be that Dwight adjust the code for the magnet.

#7459 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I removed the top rubber from the right upper lane guide. It helps a bit since it stopped bouncing, and less right only actions from Grogu but better would be that Dwight adjust the code for the magnet.

Thanks. Will give that a try.

#7460 2 years ago

Don't forget to put the game on 5 ball if you are getting a lot of drains(you will need the extra 2) and want to keep factory outlane settings. It is a tough game with fast rejects and hungry out-lanes. My game play keeps getting better as I slow it down and aim for shots. What I like about Mando is the variety of shots and the geometry, there is so much to do that it never seems to get old or feel like you are chopping wood. Hitting that far right target on Encounters is difficult from the cradle position. Gets me into the battle mode where all I want to do is hit that target and keep attempting the shot over and over until I do hit it.

#7461 2 years ago

Ok I think Im learning about the weapons. So using the flamethrower during multiball or mission mode will get me 2x points
The whistling birds I can activate when Im in a mission to complete one shot?
How do I use that armor one?

Do the weapons self select when Im in the appropriate scenario to use one? or do I have to select them manually?
Thanks guys!

#7462 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok I think Im learning about the weapons. So using the flamethrower during multiball or mission mode will get me 2x points
Do the weapons self select when Im in the appropriate scenario to use one? or do I have to select them manually?
Thanks guys!

I don't know but I have noticed that a quick button click selects and processes your foundry choice right away and stops the countdown. I believe Dwight Sullivan mentioned that.

#7463 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Don't forget to put the game on 5 ball if you are getting a lot of drains(you will need the extra 2) and want to keep factory outlane settings. It is a tough game with fast rejects and hungry out-lanes. My game play keeps getting better as I slow it down and aim for shots. What I like about Mando is the variety of shots and the geometry, there is so much to do that it never seems to get old or feel like you are chopping wood. Hitting that far right target on Encounters is difficult from the cradle position. Gets me into the battle mode where all I want to do is hit that target and keep attempting the shot over and over until I do hit it.

Yeah I went to 5 ball awhile ago. Gives me a fighting chance!

#7464 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thanks guys!

From tiltforums:

22C25D51-C4BF-4E56-93B7-E72F8BADA927 (resized).png22C25D51-C4BF-4E56-93B7-E72F8BADA927 (resized).pngC9A560EC-287F-4670-9675-6DECF4EE8A53 (resized).pngC9A560EC-287F-4670-9675-6DECF4EE8A53 (resized).pngE915B358-12C9-436D-8AF8-8E0C38675E1E (resized).pngE915B358-12C9-436D-8AF8-8E0C38675E1E (resized).png
#7465 2 years ago

Just saw that a tonne of new code has dropped for Stern games, except Mando

Edit: Looks like mostly Stern Insider stuff added

#7466 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Yeah looking through some of the notes it seems almost exclusively related to stern insider or the toppers

#7467 2 years ago

I think (purely speculation) that the next update for Mando might be held up with licensing stuff.

They didn't have Mando on the Insider Connected update at Expo and the 'topper' said "Insider Connected Coming Soon! - Pending Licensor Approval"

Hopefully they drop the next update soon! Cmon Disney!

#7468 2 years ago

Looks like Dwight updated TMNT with some tweaks, bug fixes and small additions.

Assuming he went back to TMNT while he had the chance and will sort out Mando shortly. IC update is likely not part of his .99 and 1.0 plans.

#7469 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Expo had signs on Mando saying pending licensor approval... which the others didn't. So doesn't surprise me Mando is behind.

#7470 2 years ago

Does anyone remember how long it took for the Star Wars topper to be approved for release? It seemed like a year or two later after initial game release. It does not sound like working with Disney license executives is easy. I did have an afterthought: Why is the initial design of the potential topper not part of the approval for all game assets in the beginning? It is almost like Stern did not even start on the topper until after the game was released. Seems like a big gap in potential lost revenue for topper sales. Accessories have become another great revenue stream for Stern, but it does not appear that they are capitalizing the way they should. A day late and a dollar short if you will

#7471 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Does anyone remember how long it took for the Star Wars topper to be approved for release? It seemed like a year or two later after initial game release. It does not sound like working with Disney license executives is easy. I did have an afterthought: Why is the initial design of the potential topper not part of the approval for all game assets in the beginning? It is almost like Stern did not even start on the topper until after the game was released. Seems like a big gap in potential lost revenue for topper sales. Accessories have become another great revenue stream for Stern, but it does not appear that they are capitalizing the way they should. A day late and a dollar short if you will

I think (on a couple of podcasts/interviews) folks from Stern have described the accessories/topper workstream to be pretty 'separate' from the actual machine design workstreams.

I do agree, if the machine design team is making the decisions about what the topper is, you'd think they'd seek approval for that at the same time as the machine itself. But maybe the approvals from Disney require a finished product before they can approve it.. and perhaps the toppers just take longer for the accessories workstream to pump out.

Also wonder if Stern sees the toppers as a "second wave of hype" that could motivate folks who passed on the machine initially to buy a machine/topper from a later run. That first wave is gonna sell whether there's a topper ready or not, so I could imagine a scenario where holding back the topper is almost a promotion of more sales later on to "late adopters."

#7472 2 years ago

Don’t stern often out source the production of toppers? If that is true then it likely adds another cog to the machine that has to be part of the approvals.

#7473 2 years ago

So I bought the set of side rail Mando rifles and I am not sure I want to install them on my LE? I did not realize the original stock rails go down further and have a screw hole that would need to be covered up. They look super bad ass-but not sure I want to cover up screw hole and if they would look out of place with lock down bar in silver.

Has anyone else installed the rifles on the LE?

#7474 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

So I bought the set of side rail Mando rifles and I am not sure I want to install them on my LE? I did not realize the original stock rails go down further and have a screw hole that would need to be covered up. They look super bad ass-but not sure I want to cover up screw hole and if they would look out of place with lock down bar in silver.

Boba is going to slap some sense into you 12C92E26-53C8-4374-A367-32DF9043F893.gif12C92E26-53C8-4374-A367-32DF9043F893.gif

But seriously as cool as those side rails are I don’t think they would look right on the LE.

They are extremely cool and one of the few times I think Stern have produced must have side rails! Maybe look at selling your LE or trading for a premium + cash your way?

#7475 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I’d be interested in them if you do decide to sell the rails. Have a premium coming (eventually?) but haven’t pulled the trigger on the side rails yet.

#7476 2 years ago

Not sure who else is waiting on a preorder, but based on last episode of TPS, if I understood Zach correctly, it sounds like the following is the tentative production schedule:

December '21 - (Reduced Size) Pros/Premiums
February '22 - (Reduced Size) Pros/Premiums
June '22 - Premiums
July '22 - Pros

#7477 2 years ago

I saw Pros on the line on Thanksgiving on Sterns Facebook page. Hopefully premiums are up next. My Premium order was first week of release.

1 week later
#7478 2 years ago

Looks like the side rails won't work for LE. Too many holes that don't match up and I am not drilling holes in my cabinet. I think the Mando rails are one of Stern's coolest accessories ever produced. (kinda bummed)

Well my OCD kicked in as I was not satisfied with the size of the Slave 1 I added to backboard. I had to have it upside down to clear upper and it drove me crazy. I found the correct scale Slave 1 Micro-Machine that is the perfect size and upper clears. I also added the X-Wing that ties in with the backboard art to make it look 3D. I did the same thing for my Star Wars LE and I think it adds a little without looking cheesy.

Pew Pew Pew
GEDC6817 (resized).JPGGEDC6817 (resized).JPGGEDC6820 (resized).JPGGEDC6820 (resized).JPGGEDC6714 (resized).JPGGEDC6714 (resized).JPG

#7479 2 years ago

New code!!

LE/PREMIUM V1.00 - December 6, 2021
===================================
FIXED:
- The Razor Crest max value was able to be larger than intended. Its now
capped at 20M before being multiplied.
- Fixed a misspelling of an audit
- Fixed The MAX playfield multiplier was not capped at 7X. It was capping
at 6X.
- Ambush was not starting correctly from the ? feature in the FOUNDRY

NEW:
- Added an adjustment to break up the series of multiballs called
MULTIBALL ALWAYS ENABLED. It defaults to YES. If set to NO the player
will be required to complete a HUNTER MISSION or drain the ball before
they can continue to advance toward the next multiball.
- Added MULTIBALL ALWAYS ENABLED to the COMPETITION INSTALL. It will
be set to NO for this INSTALL.
- Changed how Ambush will start -
- Added a tiny one-shot Mini-Wizard mode that starts when nothing else is
happening; you don't have anything else running and you shoot the uturn.
- You have 6 seconds (which can be increased a bit on the two-bank) to
shoot one of 6 shots. Two of the 6 shots will start AMBUSH.
- If you shoot one of the other shots you have ESCAPED, for now. The
shot will be removed from the next time and you will have a 2 in 5
chance to start Ambush.
- If the game is in Competition game play mode the first shot will start
Ambush.
- Removed the adjustment AMBUSH ADV TO START.

TWEAKED:
- Changed "DISABLE TOP POST" adjustment. There are now 3 settings:
-- RAISE FOR RIGHT ORBITS - Default - Raise when needed and all right
orbits.
-- DEFAULT DOWN: RAISE AS NEEDED - Only raise when a rule needs it up.
-- DISABLED: NEVER RAISE - The top post is disabled.

- Added "DISABLE TOP POST" and "MULTIBALL ALWAYS ENABLED" to two INSTALLs:
DIRECTORS CUT and HOME. There are now 7 Adjustments affected:
-- FREE PLAY - Set to YES
-- HSTD INITIALS - Set to 10 LETTER NAME
-- BALL SAVE TIME - Set to 12 seconds
-- AD_BALL_SAVE_LIMIT - Set to 1
-- ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME - Set to ALWAYS
-- DISABLE TOP POST - Set to DEFAULT DOWN: RAISE AS NEEDED
-- MULTIBALL ALWAYS ENABLED - Set to NO

- Changed how many shots you get during each session of Razor Crest
Hurry-Up. Its now a function of how many multipliers you have lit. If
you have 0 you will get 2 shots. Each lit multiplier adds 2 shots.
Therefore if you have all 3 multipliers lit you will get 8 shots during
one session of Razor Crest Hurry-Up.
-- Since this greatly increases how many points you can receive the
points needed to be reduced at the base level. The maximum points are
still quite large.

- Changed Foundry to respond to closed action button instead of a quick
tap.

- Changed the Luke award display effects to not be killable from holding in
both flippers, in the wizard mode YOU HAVE WHAT I WANT.
- Completing a Luke level during YOU HAVE WHAT I WANT will add a ball into
play.

- Improved how and when the mini-playfield moves.

- If a ball falls into the mini-playfield when you are between Encounters
and you can start an Encounter the next Encounter will now start.

MOVED TO SYSTEM 2.98 -
Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.80.0

Added Standard Adjustment "LCD DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS" to allow dimming of LCD
display.

#7480 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

New code!!

LE/PREMIUM V1.00 - December 6, 2021

Good news: 1.0!
Bad news: Still no insider connect even though machines are shipping with them. hmmmm....

#7481 2 years ago

Was super excited to read the 1.0 update. Then I read it.

#7482 2 years ago
Quoted from rob3:

Was super excited to read the 1.0 update. Then I read it.

What where you expecting? There are a lot of good changes and additions to 1.0.

#7483 2 years ago

I need to download this now!!!

Did they change the upper pf so after round 1 it moves on straight to round 2, so skipping the bonus? This was really needed to keep that part of the game flowing.

#7484 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

I need to download this now!!!
Did they change the upper pf so after round 1 it moves on straight to round 2, so skipping the bonus? This was really needed to keep that part of the game flowing.

Nop

#7485 2 years ago

I have not messed around with upper post settings. Is it odd that the orbits do not flow like all the other games-yes but at the same time it is different and sometimes the dribble down adds another dimension to gameplay. I asked myself-Do all games need to have wide open orbits? I am going to hold off on the update to make sure no major bugs and then I will download and experiment with different orbit options and will probably not choose to disable. I kinda like it being different

#7486 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I have not messed around with upper post settings. Is it odd that the orbits do not flow like all the other games-yes but at the same time it is different and sometimes the dribble down adds another dimension to gameplay. I asked myself-Do all games need to have wide open orbits? I am going to hold off on the update to make sure no major bugs and then I will download and experiment with different orbit options and will probably not choose to disable. I kinda like it being different

I have it set to only operate when needed. So for grogu and super pops, makes the game shoot even better imo.

#7487 2 years ago

The v1.0 update is REALLY good. So many great bug fixes and the game feels really polished already. It's almost a night/day difference. Great job Dwight and team.

#7488 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Bad news: Still no insider connect even though machines are shipping with them. hmmmm....

Is that really bad?

#7489 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I have it set to only operate when needed. So for grogu and super pops, makes the game shoot even better imo.

I'm going to set mine up like this also. Just downloaded 1.0 code and gonna install after work. This setting will help with my frustration on the right orbit rejects

#7490 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Its good i guess that Dwight listened and added some options but I never really had a problem with how it played.
Nice flowy orbits feel good but the game is set up for it to be advantageous to drop into the lanes and also the pops for points and beskar. I would have preferred dwight to focus on some other enhancements instead of messing with the rules on the orbit post.

There are still some glaring problems:
Coding with the upper pf needs polish as there are still some issues. Also adding a super targets mode for example in the upper playfield would make it more fun.
The child still throws the ball down the guts 8 out of 10 times. Plus the child awards need to be more lucrative.
There needs to be a continuation for the relevance of hitting the centre shot after all the mbs are completed. The shot basically dies after all the green modes are done.

#7491 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Is that really bad?

Personally, I'm looking forward to it. Achievement hunting adds more longevity and different ways to play a game.

But also (more so), they raised the price...sent new pins with it installed...but you still can't use it.

#7492 2 years ago

Does the 1.0 game code change the diverter positioning in the feed to the mini playfield? Seemed to me that diverter was always down as default now it's always up as default. Same way if I now re-install game code 0.98. Or am I mistaken about the default behavior in the past?

#7493 2 years ago

I do not seem to have an issue with SDTM drains from center? I have my game on 5 ball and have progressed significantly. The multi-balls may be too easy and I was debating on switching back to 3 ball. The new code seems like the multi-balls will not be handed out like candy and are spaced out more and I may have to leave it on 5 ball? I want it not to be frustrating but not too easy either.

Have I mentioned-Mando is the shit

#7494 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I do not seem to have an issue with SDTM drains from center? I have my game on 5 ball and have progressed significantly. The multi-balls may be too easy and I was debating on switching back to 3 ball. The new code seems like the multi-balls will not be handed out like candy and are spaced out more and I may have to leave it on 5 ball? I want it not to be frustrating but not too easy either.
Have I mentioned-Mando is the shit

Yeah I should have phrased it differently. The ball off grogu doesn't drain dtm, but 8 out of 10 times it throws it down the centre shot or back around the right orbit giving a shitty points award. When the child is lit its not really worth it to go for as both orbits can be dangerous if missed.

#7495 2 years ago

New code again. Did it help???

#7496 2 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

New code again. Did it help???

Yes another great update

#7497 2 years ago

Anyone having issues with their button on the lockdown bar sticking?

#7498 2 years ago
Quoted from TrueJedi:

Anyone having issues with their button on the lockdown bar sticking?

Yeah I have had that issue recently, playing it too much probably haha. I will take the button apart when I get round to it, check it for any plastic nubs and sand them off if all fails swap the spring or button itself.

Edit: first game I have had this issue on.

2 weeks later
#7499 2 years ago

Lol Dank Farrick multiball for the first time tonight. Hahah. Great!

#7500 2 years ago

Hi All
Got my pro 2 weeks ago, all in all great gameplay and experience, now an issue I noticed is the left orbit (the one where the ball falls behind Grogu) 8/10 of times the ball ends up between the flippers, or at the very tip of the right flipper with no ways to save the ball.. am Newbie to pinball machines ownership, and some guidance might help.. someone recommended to adjust the orbit rails (ball guide assembly point 5.27 in manual) but it is one rail left to right and can’t find how to do that.. left - right is properly levelled too so it is not tilted toward one side..
Thanks for the support

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/150?hl=chrislix and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.