(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 153.
#651 2 years ago

Dont need to see, im in for le! When it turns out it is not the way, then i sell it with small profit. Thats how it works with le’s right

#652 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Dont need to see, im in for le! When it turns out it is not the way, then i sell it with small profit. Thats how it works with le’s right

I don’t understand why they have to be limited…can’t stern just sell the “complete edition” that has all of the art, features, powder coat, glass, etc. and lose the stupid numbers?

#653 2 years ago
Quoted from Blacksnow:

I’m definitely in on this! Pro at first and then jump to Premium if the upper playfield is worth it. When I heard hand drawn art I was so pumped!
[quoted image]

One flipper? Geeez Stern’s bom has gone up! I’d jump on this one gang!

#654 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I don’t understand why they have to be limited…can’t stern just sell the “complete edition” that has all of the art, features, powder coat, glass, etc. and lose the stupid numbers?

FOMO FOMO FOMO! New Supreme Stern lifestyle brand! Step up, shut up, pay up.

#655 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

they need an intermediate pin (premium) to loose any potential buyer

#656 2 years ago

They have a complete edition - it’s called the premium. Unlimited. Same as le without the nonsense.

Quoted from Aniraf:

#657 2 years ago

Le’s also have shaker, art blades, better speakers, anti ref glass, etc.

I think premium must be the same as le. And le’s most only have different art.

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

They have a complete edition - it’s called the premium. Unlimited. Same as le without the nonsense.

#658 2 years ago

Someone explained to me that LEs are a way to guarantee a minimum number of sales at a high price. This makes total sense. If they were not limited, there would be no guarantees, people would wait and see.

I'm not in favour of LEs but the logic is sound.

#659 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I like some nonsense as pinblades, invisible glass, shaker motor, upgraded speaker, backglass, custom armor.

#660 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

It’s called marketing. Creating sense of urgency. Call to action.

Buy a premium with all accessories available if numbers aren’t your thing.

#661 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Divorce is a lot more expensive than selling a game you don't like! That might be the worst analogy I've seen in quite awhile. I'm not typically an LE buyer and I'm not going to become one to make a few bucks. Nevertheless, in today's market, LE's appear to be a no-brainer for flipping.

I was not really serious about the analogy between marrying unseen wife and buying and unseen pin. I was just illustrating the circle we keep having here buying something unseen, after that comes lack of toys and lack of flow threads, then the quality issues threads, then where is the code update threads. We make it way to easy for pinball companies giving them money for unseen things. But I get the buy an LE and play it and if you don't like it or if the market value gets highier you sell for a profit and repeat.

Anyway, it's a great theme and looking forward to play one.

#662 2 years ago

With a new Stern, the only Fear of Missing Out (FoMO) is the LE. That’s not bad at all. The premiums will be out in 2-3 months of the release, sans pandemic and global supply chain issues. Playing the odds, your a pretty safe bet that the LE will be less than MSRP in a few years. Again, 2020-2021 is not a typical example. If you must own a game, you can certainly get the premium and upgrade later.

#663 2 years ago

Try getting an LE in Canada (of anyrhing)
I was told that if i were to buy every Stern premium and Kapow title for at least one year that then and only then would name even be put on the waiting list. "Legacy" customers have had all the LE's monopolized.
Its a bad set up. My favorite theme in the world could come out and i wouldn't be able to get an LE period.
I walked in to my distributor with 10k cash on hand last week for a deposit on the next LE and was basically laughed at.

#664 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I was told that if i were to buy every Stern premium and Kapow title for at least one year that then and only then would name even be put on the waiting list. "Legacy" customers have had all the LE's monopolized.
Its a bad set up. My favorite theme in the world could come out and i wouldn't be able to get an LEDS.
I walked in to my distributor with 10k cash on hand last week for a deposit on the next LE and was basically laughed at.

Fair enough, I appreciate that it’s frustrating when you have the available cash and just can’t get something you want to purchase.

#665 2 years ago

Its less a case of FOMO this year i think though. I had cash on hand for a specific title. Most existing titles arent going to be in stock until anytime between Aug2021-Spring2022.
Ordering the next Stern sight unseen was more of a case of "just give me a new game" and "ill sell it once my game is actually in stock"

#666 2 years ago

well most you can add yourself but backglass if only available on LE, that's true.

Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I like some nonsense as pinblades, invisible glass, shaker motor, upgraded speaker, backglass, custom armor.

#667 2 years ago

All this talk about LEs, FOMO, flipping games, etc is so obnoxious and such a turn off. Is that why you guys are in this hobby? Everyone that wants a Mando will be able to get one whether it’s pro or premium.

Also news flash : buying a stern LE to flip is a moronic investment. The last two stern titled AIQ (an Elwin and zombie yeti game) and led zep (the “ultimate” band theme) both bombed in LE value and are flipped at a slight loss today. Not to mention the other Star Wars LE title goes for like 8k. You’re much better off taking that 10k and buying some bitcoin.

#668 2 years ago

For me it’s not fomo and if you look at my sales I’m not flipping or making money. I get the LE because with covid There wasn’t anywhere to play them. Now you have to wear masks so rather just try it out and sell if it’s not a keeper. Even if you lose a small amount selling to me it’s worth it. If I was losing thousands then I wouldn’t buy one. Of the last 3, only tmnt has been a keeper

#669 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

For me it’s not fomo and if you look at my sales I’m not flipping or making money. I get the LE because with covid There wasn’t anywhere to play them. Now you have to wear masks so rather just try it out and sell if it’s not a keeper. Even if you lose a small amount selling to me it’s worth it. If I was losing thousands then I wouldn’t buy one. Of the last 3, only tmnt has been a keeper

It’s fomo and impatience. You can wait until the game is released and, you know, look at it before buying it. If your goal is just to try instantaneously (irrational) buy a pro, or just a couple of months for a premium. There is no rationality to blindly ordering an LE outside of being a collector.

#670 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Its a bad set up. My favorite theme in the world could come out and i wouldn't be able to get an LE period.

Serious question-
If you were running a business, would you sell first to your loyal customers or the guy that walked in stating that he wants it more?

#671 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Serious question-
If you were running a business, would you sell first to your loyal customers or the guy that walked in stating that he wants it more?

Unfortunately highest payer takes the cake.

#672 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Serious question-

Serious answer, call the loyal customer, ask them if they want to put $10K down now and if they don't, sell to the persons standing their with $10K. A bird in the hand and all.

The answer is really more nuanced than that, I know if I am only get 5 LE's and I've got 50 loyal customers, I don't need to pick up the phone and call, I'll hold them for my loyal customers, but if I'm sitting there stuck with Zeppelin and TMNT LE's because I was "holding them for my loyal customers" I haven't done it right either.

#673 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Serious answer, call the loyal customer, ask them if they want to put $10K down now and if they don't, sell to the persons standing their with $10K. A bird in the hand and all.
The answer is really more nuanced than that, I know if I am only get 5 LE's and I've got 50 loyal customers, I don't need to pick up the phone and call, I'll hold them for my loyal customers, but if I'm sitting there stuck with Zeppelin and TMNT LE's because I was "holding them for my loyal customers" I haven't done it right either.

Best answer yet.

#674 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

It’s fomo and impatience. You can wait until the game is released and, you know, look at it before buying it. If your goal is just to try instantaneously (irrational) buy a pro, or just a couple of months for a premium. There is no rationality to blindly ordering an LE outside of being a collector.

Eh, Whatever you want to call it. Impatience is more accurate. Missing out isn’t accurate. If I could get a prem as quick as an LE I would do it. I don’t care much for pros

#675 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

So...you're good with potentially losing a few hundred or a thousand bucks to avoid wearing a mask to try out your 5-10K investment before you buy it? That'll show em...

#676 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Serious question-

I would run a business that treats customers fairly. Locking up inventory in the hopes of a “better” customer coming in is a great way to stop acquiring new customers.

#677 2 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

So...you're good with potentially losing a few hundred or a thousand bucks to avoid wearing a mask to try out your 5-10K investment before you buy it? That'll show em...

Show who? I’d rather play in the comfort of my home and that’s worth the money to me. Never said a thousand. I am ok with “losing” a couple hundred

#678 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I would run a business that treats customers fairly. Locking up inventory in the hopes of a “better” customer coming in is a great way to stop acquiring new customers.

Well that simply isn't what I asked. I mentioned loyal customers. Folks were talking about not being able to get an LE without having an established purchase history with a dealer.

If I was a dealer, I would certainly take care of the buyer that regularly purchases from me. Why would you bump that person down the list just because someone else really wants it?

#680 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Show who? I’d rather play in the comfort of my home and that’s worth the money to me. Never said a thousand. I am ok with “losing” a couple hundred

I dont know who...whoever you're trying to make a point to by essentially paying a few hundred bucks to not wear a mask for 15 minutes to test out a game, then buy it to enjoy in your own home after that. Not my money though, I'm happy people are willing to take the hit so I can scoop one up when the code is compete way cheaper.

#681 2 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:I dont know who...whoever you're trying to make a point to by essentially paying a few hundred bucks to not wear a mask for 15 minutes to test out a game, then buy it to enjoy in your own home after that. Not my money though, I'm happy people are willing to take the hit so I can scoop one up when the code is compete way cheaper.

I’m not trying to make a point but apparently you are trying to for some reason. It’s going over super well too.

#682 2 years ago

The Mandalorian is a theme that may finally put a Star Wars pin in my gameroom. This is the way.

#683 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Well that simply isn't what I asked. I mentioned loyal customers. Folks were talking about not being able to get an LE without having an established purchase history with a dealer.
If I was a dealer, I would certainly take care of the buyer that regularly purchases from me. Why would you bump that person down the list just because someone else really wants it?

Well yea if there is a waitlist of course you honor that, but holding games for customers even if there isn’t a list or automatically putting customers on a list without being asked is bad business IMO

#684 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I’m not trying to make a point but apparently you are trying to for some reason. It’s going over super well too.

Sure, you just made a point to specifically mention covid and masks, but I'm sure that was totally unintentional. When you're ready to take that loss lemme know ha.

My point is you could avoid losing money by sucking it up and throwing on a mask for 15 minutes. Clearly its lost on you.

#685 2 years ago

Which Mando are you referring to? Mandalore Mando off the TV or Mandlebaum from a few pages ago?

#686 2 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Sure, you just made a point to specifically mention covid and masks, but I'm sure that was totally unintentional. When you're ready to take that loss lemme know ha.

Yep, it’s the reason I am buying LEs during this time and not in the past. Don’t worry, it won’t be for sale to you. Good luck being a troll

#687 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yep, it’s the reason I am buying LEs during this time and not in the past. Don’t worry, it won’t be for sale to you. Good luck being a troll

This is the way

#688 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Which Mando are you referring to? Mandalore Mando off the TV or Mandlebaum from a few pages ago?

Oberyn Martell

#689 2 years ago

The Red Viper of Dorn, you don't get a name like that unless you're deadly right?

#690 2 years ago

Just got a lecture from some lady on how my cell phone is making me fat and unhealthy. Please give me my damn LE mando so I dont have to listen to this crap. Thanks

#691 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Serious question-

You assume im not a loyal customer. Ive bought a nib game from my distributor every year for 3 years now. Im just not rich enough to buy 4 every year. I didnt say i dont get it. Im just saying how it is up here. We have 2 distributors for all of Canada.

#692 2 years ago

Nothing is going to be leaked until closer to tuesday anyways. No sense in trying to understand why people do what they do in buying anything. If restaurants could figure that out more people would eat better food at reasonable instead of crappy fast food full of garbage because its convenient and cheap. What is fomo for one person is tuesday for another. I sell comics for a living, 450 titles come out a month not all good but its not up to me its the buyer choice. Some books sell faster some don't. Been that way for 40 years not changing anytime soon.

#693 2 years ago

Are there Stern LE’s from the past few years that have held their value? I haven’t looked in a while but it used to be you could generally pick them up at or below retail six months or a year after they were released.

#694 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Are there Stern LE’s from the past few years that have held their value? I haven’t looked in a while but it used to be you could generally pick them up at or below retail six months or a year after they were released.

Many are up right now. Some are steady, some are lower. Some just never pop up so its safe to assume will be higher in this market. Even stuff like GoT LE was in the 6's have popped way up in some listings.

#695 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

JPLE and DPLE are 2 that come to mind. Hell even SThLE now is in demand.

#696 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I’d say well over half are above MSRP - some by several thousand. JPLE, DPLE and EHOHLE are probably the highest right now.

#697 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Just got a lecture from some lady on how my cell phone is making me fat and unhealthy.

She's right.
Stop eating your cell phones.

#698 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I don’t know nib purchase prices on some a few years back but recent ones there are some up from nib

Imdn, DP, Jurassic park are fetching more

Munsters, BKSOR, tmnt are lower

Aiq seems to be same price

Stranger things is all over the place and lz is early to tell but I think it will settle in the mid 8s like tmnt

#699 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Stranger things LE has sold for 11-12k a few times in the past week.

All depends on when you sell. Next year they could be half that.

#700 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Stranger things LE has sold for 11-12k a few times in the past week.
All depends on when you sell. Next year they could be half that.

Yeah, and 6 months after releasing Stranger Things LE was selling for 7500. DP LE has been selling for low 8s for 2 years. The pinball market fluctuates too much based on location and timing to say something definitive. It's more often than not below street price.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 22.95
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Cruces, NM
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/14?hl=nighttrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.