(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 153.
#7401 2 years ago

Has anybody heard anything about the long awaited mando premium that were to be built in oct?

#7402 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Has anybody heard anything about the long awaited mando premium that were to be built in oct?

I heard its been pushed to december

#7403 2 years ago
Quoted from Charger68:

Damn. Assuming that means my “Q1 2022” order is probably pushed back to nearly Q2 2022 at this point. Bummer.

#7404 2 years ago
Quoted from Charger68:

Confirmed. My distributor told me December. Zach on the TPN podcast also confirmed the same.
I also had a DP Premium on order for December. I was told that those are still expected in December.

My confidence that I will get either of these before Jan 1 price increase is not high.

#7405 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Damn. Assuming that means my “Q1 2022” order is probably pushed back to nearly Q2 2022 at this point. Bummer.

I guess it depends on how many they build once they finally start making them again, and if it gets pushed past the start of the year how many people ahead of you cancel due to the price increase.

#7406 2 years ago

Will Mando Premiums be almost $10K with tax next year? Or are distributors discounting them?

#7407 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

I guess it depends on how many they build once they finally start making them again, and if it gets pushed past the start of the year how many people ahead of you cancel due to the price increase.

Fingers crossed! I try to check in with my distributor every couple months, but know he’s not getting much more info than anybody else. Hate the wait, but know that’s pretty much unavoidable for the NIB experience right now.

Oh well. First world problem, as they say.

#7408 2 years ago
Quoted from MrTilt:

Mandalorian Pro arrives in 2 weeks - Cant Wait finally!!!

Will these be the first Mandos to hit you guys down under? Congrats on the incoming Pro.

It is well worth the wait, I didn’t like the reveal photos, thought it looked boring from the reveal stream, no streams grabbed my attention so passed it by initially, then played it at U.K. Pinfest and wow! 2 LEs later it is one of my all time favourite games.

#7409 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Will these be the first Mandos to hit you guys down under? Congrats on the incoming Pro.
It is well worth the wait, I didn’t like the reveal photos, thought it looked boring from the reveal stream, no streams grabbed my attention so passed it by initially, then played it at U.K. Pinfest and wow! 2 LEs later it is one of my all time favourite games.

I was allocated a Mando Pro in August but was told they made a mistake lol!
so then September allocation i was getting but ship mixed up container so delayed till now
Happy its coming now and not next years run after what Ive noticed with the huge worldwide demand and delays

#7410 2 years ago
Quoted from MrTilt:

I was allocated a Mando Pro in August but was told they made a mistake lol!
so then September allocation i was getting but ship mixed up container so delayed till now
Happy its coming now and not next years run after what Ive noticed with the huge worldwide demand and delays

Wow man that sucks! But it’s most definitely worth the wait in my opinion, as I said it wasn’t even something I was interested in other than the theme but second I played a game I was hooked!!

#7411 2 years ago

Join the club today by adding a nice Mando Premium to the stable. Traded out my AIQ premium. Hope I made the right decision

#7412 2 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Join the club today by adding a nice Mando Premium to the stable. Traded out my AIQ premium. Hope I made the right decision
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"5e1d1d532b7529c063c80b978cce7813309c5cfa-1634438966-1800"};
//]]>

You did, I’ve had both Les and Mando is much better

#7413 2 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"7662814cd763cb475490a1c9b840914d4f3f0285-1634467719-1800"};
//]]>

Without being able to see the rest of your collection it’s a tough question to answer. Both amazing games in their own rights, both are in my top 3 Sterns of all time, AIQ flows far better and on paper the shots are better but something about Mando as a package just has that magic about it.

AIQ is as fun to shoot as it looks, Mando shoots far better than it looks like it should both brilliant so I don’t think you will be disappointed with the change up.

#7414 2 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"86310fc52e70e8a40969c7f28e4d4617768e08d9-1634468099-1800"};
//]]>

I've also had both. You made the right choice. Mando has more soul.

#7415 2 years ago

"mods" that block inserts and targets from view are blasphemy.

#7416 2 years ago

Mando is a great game that really captures the full theme integration with synced modes and animations from the series. It involves you in a fun journey and seems to never get old with the multiple options to advance. Much like Star Wars you can choose different strategies for different results. I will say that I think the Premium/LE is the way to go with this title and the rotating playfield really makes the encounters challenging and enjoyable. Certain games I prefer the pro gameplay but Mando is one that the moving upper is a big part of the design and gameplay. If you are considering a Mando-I recommend a Premium/LE.
Love the backhands with ramps, scope hurry-up, fun multi-balls, great series animations, orchestrated music, and rules/objectives. The Foundry really adds to the strategy and I enjoy the added depth. The missions, modes, encounters are all enjoyable.

Rule set to dive deeper: http://tiltforums.com/t/the-mandalorian-rulesheet/7056

Mando is the shit

#7417 2 years ago

Agree with the backhand-ability on Premium/LE. Can backhand the left ramp, right ramp, right side U turn. I think I've been able to backhand the ambush shot, the U turn with the scoop down, but not sure.

#7418 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Agree with the backhand-ability on Premium/LE. Can backhand the left ramp, right ramp, right side U turn. I think I've been able to backhand the ambush shot, the U turn with the scoop down, but not sure.

You can definitely back hand the ambush shot but it’s challenging! Speaking of the ambush scoop shot that’s the reason I felt the Prem/LE was the way to go, above all else that shot is a lot of fun!

The loop shot can rocket round and out the right orbit and the ambush 180 shot itself just feels great!

I now buy and keep games that have those memorable shots that never get old and it’s the reason I sold BM66LE, the code is phenomenal but there is not a single memorable shot on BM66, for me the scoop shot on Mando is that special shot and it helps all the other shots are great to amazing too.

#7419 2 years ago

One of my favorite shots is the super skill shot jackpot hurry up. Not an easy shot and lots of risk reward-love nailing it and feels satisfying.

#7420 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

One of my favorite shots is the super skill shot jackpot hurry up. Not an easy shot and lots of risk reward-love nailing it and feels satisfying.

Yeah that flasher going crazy is intense. 50% of the time I brick that shot putting too much pressure on myself or just getting too excited to make the shot

#7421 2 years ago

Love the heckling from Carl Weathers after a shitty game, almost as classic as Data on STTNG.

#7422 2 years ago

Anyone know which switch causes the back left flasher (red) to fire? I’m getting phantom switch hits. But the pop coils are not firing when it’s happening, and I thought those were the switches that activate the flasher. If I go to switch test it stops, of course.

#7423 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Anyone know which switch causes the back left flasher (red) to fire? I’m getting phantom switch hits. But the pop coils are not firing when it’s happening, and I thought those were the switches that activate the flasher. If I go to switch test it stops, of course.

If you are talking about the one just behind and to the left of spinner with the red dome, the spinner also causes that flasher to go off.

#7424 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

If you are talking about the one just behind and to the left of spinner with the red dome, the spinner also causes that flasher to go off.

Thanks, I’ll check the spinner switch.

#7425 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Thanks, I’ll check the spinner switch.

It was the 10pt switch. Below the pop bumpers. Turns out that switch gives you +2 Beskar, so it pays to put balls into the pops.

#7426 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

It was the 10pt switch. Below the pop bumpers. Turns out that switch gives you +2 Beskar, so it pays to put balls into the pops.

Literally! Good to know.

1 week later
#7427 2 years ago

Had an amazing game last night and on the last ball it got stuck under upper playfield. I waited to see if it would reset for ball check and move the upper for release and-nothing. I shook it as much as I could until it tilted. I was a little frustrated and thought-why don't they add the movement of upper to ball reset programming? Hopefully it was a fluke.

#7428 2 years ago

Why didn’t you open the game up?

#7429 2 years ago

It would have been tough to open up and try and save it, would have to fumble to slide glass back up and install bar and then try and save ball coming down. It got stuck while exiting the upper which was weird, really just surprised they don't have the upper move during reset?

Have I mentioned-Mando is the shit

#7430 2 years ago

Pull the glass. Hey the ball and put it in the shooter lane. Put glass back on, close door and you’re ready to rock.

For future reference.

#7431 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pull the glass. Hey the ball and put it in the shooter lane.

So simple and yet never thought to do that, I have trapped balls in cradle but to put back into shooter makes sense.

MB (resized).jpgMB (resized).jpg
#7432 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

So simple and yet never thought to do that, I have trapped balls in cradle but to put back into shooter makes sense. [quoted image]

Also. Turn the coin door ball saver on in settings. What that does is if you lose any balls to the trough while opening the game, once the door is closed, ball save turns on and kicks the ball back out.

#7433 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also. Turn the coin door ball saver on in settings. What that does is if you lose any balls to the trough while opening the game, once the door is closed, ball save turns on and kicks the ball back out.

thumbs up. (resized).jpgthumbs up. (resized).jpg
#7434 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Ok that's a setting I didn't know about. TIL...

#7435 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Good one, we get learn something everyday in this hobby!

#7436 2 years ago

Any update on when Stern may release the Topper at all??

#7437 2 years ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

I also got the premium/le ramps to try on my pro

Hi, I’m looking for these ramps for mine, but sold out at Pinball life and Marco’s, so where you find it ?
Or if someone have a good address of spare parts dealers near Chicago or Kansas City, I’m going to visite my family there for Christmas, I will appreciate.
Thanks for your help.

#7438 2 years ago

Just a head's up. A player in my household kicks a leg back every time on a flipper push and skims the rug with a forward leg movement. The machine went nuts, speakers crackling jibberish. Took me just seconds to realize that its a discharge of static electricity that made the machine go nuts. Be careful out there. I think I am going to get some rubber mats the players can stand on...

#7439 2 years ago

Some tips on new Mando Pro owners

Setup last night

-Remove screw from steel protector on central main ramp plastic and put double sided tape to stick against ramp
-Added a thicker rubber post on same protector - all good now and will avoid ramp breakage
-Flipper buttons were jamming , getting caught so removed circlip and button then sandpapered to smooth out - applied silicone spray just a little and all good
-Left spinner was getting jammed against plastic so applied a little pressure by hand - millimetres was the difference and it moved avoiding catching on plastic now good also
-updated software

Game is a ripper!

For a Pro its packed and heaps to do - hard, fast and deep!

#7440 2 years ago
Quoted from MrTilt:

Some tips on new Mando Pro owners
Setup last night
-Remove screw from steel protector on central main ramp plastic and put double sided tape to stick against ramp

Installing the elongated ramp protector Cliffys is the best long term solution.

#7441 2 years ago

Anyone else have issues backhanding the right ramp consistently?
From a cradle, I almost always hit the bottom of the Luke slingshot
And when I do clear the sling the ball just rattles at the base of the right ramp and trickles back down
Rarely does the ball make its way up and around the ramp

#7442 2 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Anyone else have issues backhanding the right ramp consistently?
From a cradle, I almost always hit the bottom of the Luke slingshot
And when I do clear the sling the ball just rattles at the base of the right ramp and trickles back down
Rarely does the ball make its way up and around the ramp

On a Premium or Pro? On my Prem I can backhand that shot from a cradle 100% of the time, its very reliable.

#7443 2 years ago

On my Le, it’s like the star posts are too wide and there is not enough room for the ball too clear safely to the right ramp
Anyone else have this and if so was there a way to adjust the ramp or slingshot?

#7444 2 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

On my Le, it’s like the star posts are too wide and there is not enough room for the ball too clear safely to the right ramp
Anyone else have this and if so was there a way to adjust the ramp or slingshot?

I did have issues backhanding the right ramp when my game was set up too steep. After adjusting down, I'm now able to hit it consistently.

I've also adjusted my flipper strength down a bit also, which also may also have assisted.

#7445 2 years ago

I have a little difficult backhanding left but the right seems ok, having to slow it down and cradle for shots has you back handing a lot it seems. I need to get out of the habit of always cradling the ball first for encounters. Trying to let it flow and hit shots on the go.

#7446 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I need to get out of the habit of always cradling the ball first for encounters. Trying to let it flow and hit shots on the go.

But why, so much easier to cradle it at first?!

#7447 2 years ago

Makes me feel like the Karate Kid trying to cradle the ball during Encounters, 'balance Daniel son-now try and kick!'

Sometimes when I just let the ball flow through and flail like hell I can hit targets that are near impossible to hit from the cradle position.

Crane Kick.gifCrane Kick.gif

#7448 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Makes me feel like the Karate Kid trying to cradle the ball during Encounters, 'balance Daniel son-now try and kick!'

More like

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#7449 2 years ago

Is this the club thread?

Just unboxed my LE and have to say I’m really surprised how well it plays. Lots of interesting shots and great flow. And the upper pf is really good.

What’s the feeling on how far along the code is?

#7450 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is this the club thread?
Just unboxed my LE and have to say I’m really surprised how well it plays. Lots of interesting shots and great flow. And the upper pf is really good.
What’s the feeling on how far along the code is?

Congrats man welcome! The owners thread is actually over here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/53#post-6613938

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,900 (Firm)
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 22.95
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Northfield, MN
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

9,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/149?hl=hawks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.