(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,620 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by brzezicki
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg
5.42 Mandalorian Manual (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 153.
#7351 2 years ago

Get MB 1 or 3 ready with maybe hunter mode or scope mode completed so you’ll have those multipliers running, then start MB. Having a mode too is great, but not required. Then rock the MB while periodically hitting the boba targets on the right to keep your multipliers running.

Also, at the start of the MB, use your flamethrower to catch all shots on fire. Center button hold until all shots are a fire color.

After you’ve played one MB, keep shooting the center to get past the Razorcrest hurry up so your can work towards the next MB.

#7352 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

After you’ve played one MB, keep shooting the center to get past the Razorcrest hurry up so your can work towards the next MB.

This is the part that is disappointing. I get that the hurry-up is to break up the MB spam, but when it’s the same shot as the MB shot it really doesn’t feel like you are breaking anything up.

It’s a really fun layout, killer theme, love the art, seems like good clips and callouts, so it really does check a lot of boxes for me. Might just have to learn to overlook the MB shot all day annoyance.

#7353 2 years ago
Quoted from rob3:

Is anyone else seeing the extra ball after mission 1 is gone on .98?

Maybe you lost your setting? The extra ball mission number complete is a setting.

#7354 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

This is the part that is disappointing. I get that the hurry-up is to break up the MB spam, but when it’s the same shot as the MB shot it really doesn’t feel like you are breaking anything up.
It’s a really fun layout, killer theme, love the art, seems like good clips and callouts, so it really does check a lot of boxes for me. Might just have to learn to overlook the MB shot all day annoyance.

Most games have some sort of quick tournament strategy. But good thing is you don’t have to play like that when playing for fun.

#7355 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Maybe you lost your setting? The extra ball mission number complete is a setting.

It’s still set to auto which was 1 mission for the previous code version. All my settings retained.

#7356 2 years ago

Edit: Razorcrest hurryup does feel like a bummer of a mode.

On the video it's not just the quality/compression, the frame rate is also poor. The new 'challenge' mode videos really show this up with the fly-by clips, looks like its running about 10 FPS.

#7357 2 years ago

I think the multiballs are awesome.

#7358 2 years ago
Quoted from rob3:

It’s still set to auto which was 1 mission for the previous code version. All my settings retained.

OK. But you can still set it to whatever you want (mission 1 thru 5) correct?

#7359 2 years ago

OK. But you can still set it to whatever you want (mission 1 thru 5) correct?

I hate auto anything when it comes to settings. I set extra ball to after mission 1. Auto settings can throw off your strategy.

#7360 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I hate auto anything when it comes to settings. I set extra ball to after mission 1. Auto settings can throw off your strategy.

There is no 1. Only auto, off, 2, etc.

#7361 2 years ago

I love the MBs and the upper PF on the Pro is great.

I haven't dug into the code extensively yet but my suspicion of higher scores seems correct. A couple multipliers during RC hurry up is very big points if you still have everything running from the first MB as an example.

#7362 2 years ago

Just updated to .98, now I dont have any mini PF flippers? Anyone else have this issue? How do you roll back to .97?

#7363 2 years ago
Quoted from rob3:

There is no 1. Only auto, off, 2, etc.

Oops must be 2. Whatever it starts at before it auto increases.

#7364 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Oops must be 2. Whatever it starts at before it auto increases.

I see. Thx! I swear I had it on auto before but will try 2.

#7365 2 years ago
Quoted from Darkfader:

Just updated to .98, now I dont have any mini PF flippers? Anyone else have this issue? How do you roll back to .97?

Did you install the right code?

#7366 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Did you install the right code?

Yes I did, I figured it out it was the 2nd flipper switch contator molex had a cut wire, (my Fault). I pulled the PF to add new art blades and was cutting the ziptie's from the harness to get the cat 5 seprated from the other wires and I cut the 2 of the wires the go to the sencondary flipper switches.

#7367 2 years ago
Quoted from Darkfader:

Yes I did, I figured it out it was the 2nd flipper switch contator molex had a cut wire, (my Fault). I pulled the PF to add new art blades and was cutting the ziptie's from the harness to get the cat 5 seprated from the other wires and I cut the 2 of the wires the go to the sencondary flipper switches.

Did you get the official art blades or something else? Either way, how are the art blades?

#7368 2 years ago

I’m not a fan of the Stern art blades, the uninspired heads ina front of a generic background is boring. I’ve been meaning to order the wiz blades as I think they integrate better.

#7369 2 years ago

I got the wiz blades and they're fantastic.

#7370 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Link?

#7371 2 years ago

-link removed-

#7372 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Did you removed the Playfield for installing the Wiz Blades?

#7373 2 years ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

Did you removed the Playfield for installing the Wiz Blades?

Yes

#7374 2 years ago

Removing the playfield is the easiest way.

Here’s a good video instruction:

#7375 2 years ago

Played a second location Mando (a Pro) with a broken ramp diverter. Stern needs to step up QC.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7376 2 years ago

Hey all - I posted this in the Mando owners thread last Friday and had quite a few buyers though it got buried pretty quick with the code update news so I wanted to post in this thread as well in case anyone is interested.

I created a custom decal for the left ramp to replace the out of place "pew-pew" laser decal with Mando and IG-11. I had to make a handful of these decals in order to get them professionally reverse printed for ramp application and on the correct material. Obviously I only needed one myself and a couple to have on hand for the future. It really looks like it belongs in the game as it matches the art style well.

I have pics below of mine applied with my custom bumper caps as well as a friends Pro we did this weekend.

For those whom have already ordered they first batch were sent out on Friday.

I am offering these for $15 shipped if anyone is interested. I will also include instructions for removing the ramp and application which are very straightforward. PM me and I can send you details. THX!

IMG_0676 (resized).jpegIMG_0676 (resized).jpegIMG_0685 (resized).jpegIMG_0685 (resized).jpegIMG_7908 (resized).JPGIMG_7908 (resized).JPGb05346cacf7cb12b741354204d3d8acec9de08c1 (resized).jpgb05346cacf7cb12b741354204d3d8acec9de08c1 (resized).jpgd2e294cb395695e0f2558588d9d629752f6b8dc0 (resized).jpgd2e294cb395695e0f2558588d9d629752f6b8dc0 (resized).jpg
#7377 2 years ago

What rubber size is on this post on the middle back of the playfield? It doesn’t show a rubber size in the manual and it seems like any rubber size slightly hangs over a bit and sometimes will hang up an orbit shot. Thoughts??

39F87BE0-04DF-401E-B143-859B04F92E40 (resized).jpeg39F87BE0-04DF-401E-B143-859B04F92E40 (resized).jpeg
#7378 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

What rubber size is on this post on the middle back of the playfield? It doesn’t show a rubber size in the manual and it seems like any rubber size slightly hangs over a bit and sometimes will hang up an orbit shot. Thoughts??
[quoted image]

There's a rubber chart in the Mando manual where the physical ring can be compared to the size chart. Was there a ring there from the factory? There was a post like that on the Prem/LE behind Grogu, no sleeve on it just a bare metal post. I put a thin sleeve on it. Maybe with the post you have a ring is not supposed to be there, but it'd have to be 3/16 ID or 5/16 ID or 7/16 OD I would think.

#7379 2 years ago

There's a rubber chart in the Mando manual where the physical ring can be compared to the size chart. Was there a ring there from the factory? There was a post like that on the Prem/LE behind Grogu, no sleeve on it just a bare metal post. I put a thin sleeve on it. Maybe with the post you have a ring is not supposed to be there, but it'd have to be 3/16 ID or 5/16 ID or 7/16 OD I would think.

Mines a pro. I used the smallest rubber that would fit there but a post sleeve makes more sense…hence not showing in the manual. That’s how it came from the factory

#7381 2 years ago

Could somebody please shoot me a picture of this area if they have a pro? I’m trying to determine if anybody has a post sleeve on this area from the factory

65893667-A247-4E6A-9CC3-677954BA59DD (resized).jpeg65893667-A247-4E6A-9CC3-677954BA59DD (resized).jpeg
#7382 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Could somebody please shoot me a picture of this area if they have a pro? I’m trying to determine if anybody has a post sleeve on this area from the factory
[quoted image]

mine looks like yours, but I have a black ring.

#7383 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

mine looks like yours, but I have a black ring.

Thank you. I had a black ring there but replaced it with the same size orange one.

#7384 2 years ago

Here's the bare metal post (factory shipped like that) on the LE that I sleeved with a mini sleeve. Does not affect gameplay at all.

Bare Post Mando LE (resized).jpgBare Post Mando LE (resized).jpg

#7385 2 years ago

I haven't seen may people post about the ramp lights. They are a nice feature if you aren't going to replace them. I also got a "Beskar" cup holder and sadly I'm a member of the cracked ramp as of Saturday. I emailed Cliffy.

20210818_193825 (resized).jpg20210818_193825 (resized).jpg20210910_195820_capture (resized).jpg20210910_195820_capture (resized).jpg20211004_170546 (resized).jpg20211004_170546 (resized).jpg
#7386 2 years ago
Quoted from buttcheekflipper:

I haven't seen may people post about the ramp lights. They are a nice feature if you aren't going to replace them. I also got a "Beskar" cup holder and sadly I'm a member of the cracked ramp as of Saturday. I emailed Cliffy.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice, glad you like the ramp lights! Hope the install went smoothly, tried to make it as simple as possible.

#7387 2 years ago

Here's the bare metal post (factory shipped like that) on the LE that I sleeved with a mini sleeve. Does not affect gameplay at all.
[quoted image]

Yeah a post sleeve makes way more sense. I wonder if that’s a newer design

#7388 2 years ago
Quoted from buttcheekflipper:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The Mezel Mods foundry scoop LED is cool too. Looks like it belongs there. It's got a flame looking reflection as you can see.

Mezel Mods foundry scoop light (resized).jpgMezel Mods foundry scoop light (resized).jpg

#7389 2 years ago

Anyone install Diddy's Boba Fett ship mod? Impressions?

#7390 2 years ago

The Mezel Mods foundry scoop LED is cool too. Looks like it belongs there. It's got a flame looking reflection as you can see.
[quoted image]

That does look cool. I'm not sure if I would go blue or purple. I went purple behind the encounter ramp. I do know the foundry is blue in the show. so.......

#7391 2 years ago

Mando pro question. I just bought the premium/LE wire forms for me pro. I assume this serves no purpose and I remove it off the wire form for the pro

D552F2B5-C68E-4001-81F4-9E4D7F86B508 (resized).jpegD552F2B5-C68E-4001-81F4-9E4D7F86B508 (resized).jpeg
#7392 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Mando pro question. I just bought the premium/LE wire forms for me pro. I assume this serves no purpose and I remove it off the wire form for the pro
[quoted image]

As you probably know that's the bracket that the Ambush return wireform connects to on the Premium/LE. Since the Pro does not have the up down scoop the bracket is not needed for that purpose.

#7393 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

[quoted image]

How do you like the Diddy Boba Fett ship mod?

#7394 2 years ago

How do you like the Diddy Boba Fett ship mod?

Love it

#7395 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

What is your plan on the way to remove it?

#7396 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

[quoted image]

Might be a great place to add / mount a mod.

#7397 2 years ago

I also got the premium/le ramps to try on my pro. Posting some pictures here - trying to see if I did the posts for the left/right side correctly. Hard to find pictures of this exact spot.

Also due for a cleaning/waxing of the machine. I've been vacuuming/wiping down every so often. As this is my first machine to own - any recommendations for cleaning/wax?

Thanks!

IMG_5622 (resized).jpgIMG_5622 (resized).jpgIMG_5623 (resized).jpgIMG_5623 (resized).jpgIMG_5624 (resized).jpgIMG_5624 (resized).jpg
#7398 2 years ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

I also got the premium/le ramps to try on my pro. Posting some pictures here - trying to see if I did the posts for the left/right side correctly. Hard to find pictures of this exact spot.
Also due for a cleaning/waxing of the machine. I've been vacuuming/wiping down every so often. As this is my first machine to own - any recommendations for cleaning/wax?
Thanks![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Blitz Carnauba Wax is what you want. Pinball Life has it in stock it looks like

#7399 2 years ago

TIE Fighter Mod...

Tie Fighter Mod 1 (resized).jpgTie Fighter Mod 1 (resized).jpgTie Fighter mod (resized).jpgTie Fighter mod (resized).jpg

#7400 2 years ago

Mandalorian Pro arrives in 2 weeks - Cant Wait finally!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 7,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/148?hl=jerickso77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.