(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 153.
#7201 2 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

Took the plunge and got the Logan Pinball wire forms for my Pro. Easy install and working very well!

Thoughts on how they improve the view of the playfield? They look good. I have them on order.

#7202 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I dont think the encounter scored correctly. I got the 148M encounter score but my game score was only 142M. Anyone else seeing this?

Yes, the game is littered with bugs.

Edit: Given we have Dwight on code I'm expecting Mando to become the new Munsters.

#7203 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I don’t need to see the Stern one, I have brought enough from Hooked to know his will be a much higher quality. Rob doesn’t mess about when it comes to casting mods, his stuff is second to none, just check out his deadpool pop caps and compare them to sterns it’s night and day dude.

Thanks for the feedback on Hooked products… still doesn’t answer or shows me what I actually asked.

#7204 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Edit: Given we have Dwight on code I'm expecting Mando to become the new Munsters.

That's a bit harsh. It's not even at 1.0 yet.

#7205 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

That's a bit harsh. It's not even at 1.0 yet.

Not sure I understand dri’s sentiment either. Been keeping up with both Mando threads (wonder if one will eventually be closed?) and I don’t recall seeing very many significant “bugs” reported.. certainly don’t remember seeing them being outright ignored.

And while I don’t know much about Munsters, that seems like an apples/oranges comparison. Munsters may be “shallow” but I’ve never seen it described as “buggy.”

Not to mention Dwight confirming that he has read and thought about a lot of the feedback in here— that’s not really the flippant behavior of someone who doesn’t take pride in their work.

#7206 2 years ago

Finally time to add some mods

0F9441C8-A6C1-4CDC-8EC6-BA6B9F1AE456 (resized).jpeg0F9441C8-A6C1-4CDC-8EC6-BA6B9F1AE456 (resized).jpeg564CDB00-376B-4FF7-B7DD-3E4F254F9C2D (resized).jpeg564CDB00-376B-4FF7-B7DD-3E4F254F9C2D (resized).jpeg6176E868-47EB-48F6-B87B-0205FDA298E1 (resized).jpeg6176E868-47EB-48F6-B87B-0205FDA298E1 (resized).jpeg6D52EF88-C02A-4D71-B3A9-05AA723F6129 (resized).jpeg6D52EF88-C02A-4D71-B3A9-05AA723F6129 (resized).jpeg8C0D5EA4-66DD-44D6-8334-021E2D7B9434 (resized).jpeg8C0D5EA4-66DD-44D6-8334-021E2D7B9434 (resized).jpegA49BA9C3-2448-448F-9781-955EF192EAFD (resized).jpegA49BA9C3-2448-448F-9781-955EF192EAFD (resized).jpeg
#7207 2 years ago

Anyone else feel there should be some
Sort of action/scoring happening when you sneak into the upper playfield area (Mando Pro) via the left ramp (or via the left orbit).
Sometimes my ball goes up the left ramp but doesn’t make it all the way and it rolls into the “open” diverter area and into the mini playfield and despite hitting targets in the mini field nothing happens.

#7208 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Arguably the biggest knock on Munsters was the lack of asset usage, which Mando has already surpassed. The code / modes are already beyond what Munsters had as well.

#7209 2 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Sort of action/scoring happening when you sneak into the upper playfield area (Mando Pro) via the left ramp (or via the left orbit).
Sometimes my ball goes up the left ramp but doesn’t make it all the way and it rolls into the “open” diverter area and into the mini playfield and despite hitting targets in the mini field nothing happens.

This happens WAY too often for me too. When it comes from the orbit I get action maybe 30% of the time. When I get it ramp for the encounter I get action 70% of the time. I feel like both are way too low and it makes this frustrating. I don't know what happened, but this was not the case when I first got it, and I have not really made any changes to my setup. Everything seems level on my playfield.

#7210 2 years ago

I saw someone had added cara dune to the shooter Lane, was that a one off?

#7211 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Not sure I understand dri’s sentiment either. Been keeping up with both Mando threads (wonder if one will eventually be closed?) and I don’t recall seeing very many significant “bugs” reported.. certainly don’t remember seeing them being outright ignored.
And while I don’t know much about Munsters, that seems like an apples/oranges comparison. Munsters may be “shallow” but I’ve never seen it described as “buggy.”
Not to mention Dwight confirming that he has read and thought about a lot of the feedback in here— that’s not really the flippant behavior of someone who doesn’t take pride in their work.

I watched a live flip out twitch with Dwight on audio, he saw a bug happening, said he’d change it and in the next code update only two weeks later it was fixed. He cares, it’s obvious.

#7212 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I saw someone had added cara dune to the shooter Lane, was that a one off?

This one? Tilt graphics
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/

D3FC4536-4CD4-4697-AE3B-15804400E7AE (resized).jpegD3FC4536-4CD4-4697-AE3B-15804400E7AE (resized).jpeg
#7213 2 years ago

^ Is that amount of ramp separation normal?

#7214 2 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Totally…it feels like “secret passage” from BSD.

#7215 2 years ago

Holy crap this is a mando topic but everyone is still complaining about Munsters because it doesn’t have the deep code I want quit crying there are deep code games I could care less about n love my Munsters premium way more just like mando here to me sucks but that’s my opinion I don’t care for it but I’m not going to bash it on every other thread listen if pinball is to survive and prosper even more u need games that all people can play n enjoy n will get a new generation of young people playing n loveing it that’s what MUNSTERS IS A BEAUTIFUL FUN SHOOTER HAVE FUN PIN EASY TO UNDERSTAND JUST SIMPLE AND FUN WE NEED MORE PINS THAT ANYONE CAN PLAY NOT PINS JUST FOR THE 10-15 percent of people that have to have deep code

#7216 2 years ago
6F2DCFD3-BB9A-416E-9F47-AC9A11AC2EB7 (resized).jpeg6F2DCFD3-BB9A-416E-9F47-AC9A11AC2EB7 (resized).jpeg
#7217 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Thoughts on how they improve the view of the playfield? They look good. I have them on order.

They really improve the view of the lights under the scoop , as well as the shots to the U on the Right and the right ramp. Worth it!

FB02CF72-E9D0-4B7C-B7D0-A67A7E5E3B9C (resized).jpegFB02CF72-E9D0-4B7C-B7D0-A67A7E5E3B9C (resized).jpeg
#7218 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

^ Is that amount of ramp separation normal?

Sure, if you slide it down a bit while installing that decal. I slid it back up when I was done.

A better question is when you’re going to trade me that medieval madness for the Mando. I’m a short drive away, let me know!

#7219 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

MUNSTERS IS A BEAUTIFUL FUN SHOOTER HAVE FUN PIN EASY TO UNDERSTAND JUST SIMPLE AND FUN WE NEED MORE PINS THAT ANYONE CAN PLAY NOT PINS JUST FOR THE 10-15 percent of people that have to have deep code

Disagree. I brought my gf to a pinball bar recently. She is a novice player and really enjoyed her first ball playing Munsters...however, by ball three she was so sick of playing the mini playfield she walked away without finishing. If i want to play a game with minimal objectives, there are plenty of great SS games at a fraction of the price of Munsters.

#7220 2 years ago
Quoted from Tiki-Ed:

A better question is when you’re going to trade me that medieval madness for the Mando.

Ha! Not if I want to stay married. My wife's favorite game (and I'm pretty fond of it too).

#7221 2 years ago

Like I said we all have opinions. Oh wait did I get my punctuation right?

#7222 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Like I said we all have opinions. Oh wait did I get my punctuation right?

No.

#7223 2 years ago

Is anyone selling the interactive grogu? Or a guide for it anywhere? Thanks

#7224 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is anyone selling the interactive grogu? Or a guide for it anywhere? Thanks

There is a thread for it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grogu-modding-thread

All the info is in there.

#7226 2 years ago

I thought that this might be helpful to other Mando owners here. I have disassembled and am re-assembling my Mando LE and wanted to provide a picture of the underside of the pitching mini playfield. There have been many reports of a persistent error/warning being shown about the mini playfield EOS switches. As you can see in the photo, there are not any EOS switches for the mini playfield flippers like there are with the main playfield flippers. There are physical stops, with a metal bracket and rubber grommet instead. Maybe that's the issue with the persistent error/warning, that there are not any EOS switches to test. Surprising if that is the case with the error/warning message still looking for non-existent EOS switches, but others can pontificate as well on this. 2nd photo here is the main playfield flipper setup with EOS leaf switches.

Underside Mini playfield (resized).jpgUnderside Mini playfield (resized).jpgright flipper (resized).jpgright flipper (resized).jpg

#7227 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I thought that this might be helpful to other Mando owners here. I have disassembled and am re-assembling my Mando LE and wanted to provide a picture of the underside of the pitching mini playfield. There have been many reports of a persistent error/warning being shown about the mini playfield EOS switches. As you can see in the photo, there are not any EOS switches for the mini playfield flippers like there are with the main playfield flippers. There are physical stops, with a metal bracket and rubber grommet instead. Maybe that's the issue with the persistent error/warning, that there are not any EOS switches to test. Surprising if that is the case with the error/warning message still looking for non-existent EOS switches, but others can pontificate as well on this. 2nd photo here is the main playfield flipper setup with EOS leaf switches.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Common that new sterns have faulty operator warnings. The code updates will fix it.

#7228 2 years ago

What's the deal with the 2 Mandalorian threads? Owner's thread and this one, that apparently is also an owner thread. Lock this one and let's use the owner thread....or vice versa, whatever. What is the point of two major, on-going threads for the same game?

#7229 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

What's the deal with the 2 Mandalorian threads? Owner's thread and this one, that apparently is also an owner thread. Lock this one and let's use the owner thread....or vice versa, whatever. What is the point of two major, on-going threads for the same game?

Every game has two. The hype thread (here) then the subsequent owners/fans thread (there)

#7230 2 years ago

...well, then owners should start posting in the owner group to keep all relevant fixes, problems, etc, in one location.

#7231 2 years ago

Two threads, both polluted with salty Munsters owners.

#7232 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Disagree. I brought my gf to a pinball bar recently. She is a novice player and really enjoyed her first ball playing Munsters...however, by ball three she was so sick of playing the mini playfield she walked away without finishing. If i want to play a game with minimal objectives, there are plenty of great SS games at a fraction of the price of Munsters.

I kind of love that this got a downvote from a butthurt Munsters owner lol. All I said was that my gf did not enjoy it. Too funny

#7233 2 years ago

U missed the whole point I was trying to make. I’m not butt hurt about anything so try not to be a dick .I’m saying if every game is so deep coded that young people coming up don’t take interest or likening to it because of rules n codes then we don’t grow the interest in pinball. If you have games like Munster n others that are simple in codes n rules that people just enjoy n have fun on them we attract more of the younger generation to pinball n keep it growing n alive . This is my point.

#7234 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

U missed the whole point I was trying to make. I’m not butt hurt about anything so try not to be a dick .I’m saying if every game is so deep coded that young people coming up don’t take interest or likening to it because of rules n codes then we don’t grow the interest in pinball. If you have games like Munster n others that are simple in codes n rules that people just enjoy n have fun on them we attract more of the younger generation to pinball n keep it growing n alive . This is my point.

The thing about "deep code" is that it has a lot of things to progress through and to. It doesn't mean that it only has that. If a game has nothing intuitive and obvious for beginners to understand, then it's not the depth that is to blame, that is just poor rules design. If you listen to interviews with designers and coders, they often refer to things being "close to the start button" which basically means something obvious that everybody (including beginners) will activate/see and can easily go for.

So I guess what Im saying is, a game like Munsters could be simple for beginners AND deep for better players without having to pick between the two. In fact, that is what I believe makes truly great games.

#7235 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Young kids want the deep code. Once they find out how much there is to do, that keeps them coming back. Ask all these teenagers coming up the IFPA ranks if they like avengers or Munsters more.

#7236 2 years ago

Guess I’m one of the few people that don’t care if anyone else in the world discovers Pinball and doesn’t give a rats ass about kids playing Pinball.

It’s my hobby, I do it for my own selfish enjoyment and I’d prefer if the hobby did not keep growing because look what happened. Prices got insane.

#7237 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Guess I’m one of the few people that don’t care if anyone else in the world discovers Pinball and doesn’t give a rats ass about kids playing Pinball.
It’s my hobby, I do it for my own selfish enjoyment and I’d prefer if the hobby did not keep growing because look what happened. Prices got insane.

In a way, if it didn’t get this popular, stern would still be the only company and you’d be buying monopoly and avatar as NIB games. It’s okay if something is popular.

#7238 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

In a way, if it didn’t get this popular, stern would still be the only company and you’d be buying monopoly and avatar as NIB games. It’s okay if something is popular.

In my situation though, there are plenty of games I have never played from the 90s. It’s fine with me if stern stop producing games five years ago because I still have a lot of games to play.

#7239 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

In my situation though, there are plenty of games I have never played from the 90s. It’s fine with me if stern stop producing games five years ago because I still have a lot of games to play.

Everyone experiences the hobby in different ways. I would’ve already moved on if it wasn’t for the awesome people I’ve met over the years.

#7240 2 years ago

The code is extremely good considering it isn’t finished yet.
I hope they tidy up the music overlaps at ball end etc as I have mine loud and it stands out like a sore thumb and spoils the flow, which just compounds the fact that I’ve drained lol

#7241 2 years ago

Has anyone heard if the October run of Premiums was moved up to September?

#7242 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I’d prefer if the hobby did not keep growing because look what happened. Prices got insane.

It's not just pinball it's the macro economic conditions, we can all see that. Had interest in a used 2 year old car that the dealer wanted more money for now than it was bought for new 2 years ago by the person who traded it in recently. The dealer told me that cars appreciate in value like homes do. I guess 120 years of history of vehicle depreciation no longer applies. Weird times all around.

#7243 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I wasnt even talking about you pal. Reread the post. We're good Not need for language. It upsets Captain America.

#7244 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

He was told to make Munsters simple.

#7245 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

It's not just pinball it's the macro economic conditions, we can all see that. Had interest in a used 2 year old car that the dealer wanted more money for now than it was bought for new 2 years ago by the person who traded it in recently. The dealer told me that cars appreciate in value like homes do. I guess 120 years of history of vehicle depreciation no longer applies. Weird times all around.

I was told mine is shipping this week by my distributor.

#7246 2 years ago
Quoted from fswanson24:

Has anyone heard if the October run of Premiums was moved up to September?

I was told mine is shipping this week by my distro.

#7247 2 years ago

Just wondering if anybody has confirmed that the premium / LE wire form ramps (Stern part numbers 515-2378-01 for Right Ramp Exit and 515-2378-02 Left Ramp Exit) can be installed directly into a pro to replace the plastic cross over ramps on the lower pf yet?

#7248 2 years ago

I got my replacement ramp on Saturday. Decals as well.

#7249 2 years ago

I did not get a decal with mine

#7250 2 years ago

Where would I look up a part number for mando?

I twisted the top threaded part off the bottom right sling post. Hopefully pbl has them as Im needing an order there…

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 22.95
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Cruces, NM
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, VA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/145?hl=poopsmagee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.