(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 153.
#7151 2 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Where can I change to alternate theme? I can't seem to find it in settings.

BA412B56-2455-46C5-A0FE-26B2AF7D334B (resized).jpegBA412B56-2455-46C5-A0FE-26B2AF7D334B (resized).jpeg
#7152 2 years ago

What is the most you've ever cashed out on an Ambush? I hardly ever play them and have never finished jt.

#7153 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

[quoted image]

Thx!

#7154 2 years ago

Yea... how does ambush work... seems like it favors combo-ing orange shots....?

#7155 2 years ago

Ambush
Ambushes are a given as a bounty hunter - they’re inevitable if you’ve been in the business long enough, but thankfully easy to deal with and rewarding if you do.

Ambush is a mode qualified by making enough Ambush shots, which can only start when no other modes are running. Once a shot to the U-turn (Pro) / right scoop (Prem / LE) has been made, a white insert in front of the U-turn will start flashing for a brief time to count down towards lighting Ambush (when this timer is nearly over, a thermal detonator sound effect will start playing). The first Ambush requires 3 (Pro) / 5 (Prem / LE) shots; these shots increase each time Ambush has been played.

This is a unique hurry-up mode that starts with the U-turn / reverse scoop lit to stop the value counting down on the display, and all other shots lit in white to add a few seconds of time and increase the displayed value. Once the U-turn / reverse scoop has been shot, all shots except the U-turn and right ramp will light in blue to add to the value further and return to the white stage to potentially increase the ambush value further again. Shooting the right ramp when all shots are lit in blue will end the mode and award the value, meaning the mode can go on for as long as you like if you continuously increase the value.

Hitting both 2x targets and getting a bunch of playfield multipliers going before starting Ambush can lead to the final right ramp shot being massive.

#7156 2 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Added some mods.
Baby Yoda mod finally working. (He sleeping when game is not in play). Will add video on Tuesday and more info on making these for sale to everyone.
Fun pin![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hi any updates on the status of this great mod.

#7157 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Would be cool to have something in there to put the player out of their misery if they keep having empty trips up there. Like, lose the encounter if you have a couple trips of no targets hit. Then obviously if you are doing horribly in all of them the scoring in the wizard mode is greatly reduced.
Not a very exciting idea, but may help to reduce the wood choppy feel.
But definitely reward the player for accuracy and efficiency in the moment and with wizard mode scoring boosts based on your play in the encounters.

This with removing the bonus levels may improve the feeling of mode prison that can happen. If you could fail an encounter and then move on, that is an interesting idea.

#7158 2 years ago
Quoted from JCrusher:

Thanks for the tip, seems normal in relation to other machines. I checked the stop coils, nothing is loose or pancaked. I do have service alerts 11 and 12, right and left flipper eos. Looking into those now

After loosening the coil stops and repositing it seems better... definitely something too tight. It also seems like maybe they forgot coil sleeves (unless they are Integrated). But manual calls out sleeved and i don't seem to have on either flipper coil. In removing the one, the end is plunger had some real fine metal shavings and inside of coil is metallic filth. This seems like too easy of an explanation though? Could they really forget and qc missing sleeves?

20210828_223307 (resized).jpg20210828_223307 (resized).jpg
#7159 2 years ago

There should definitely be a sleeve in there.

#7160 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There should definitely be a sleeve in there.

Ya comparing it to my stranger things with the sleeves, the plunger on mando is just running free and the shavings must be from scraping on that first bracket. Also explains why it's getting stuck Amazing the builder and qc missed that. Looking at sth, so obvious it's missing.

#7161 2 years ago
Quoted from JCrusher:

After loosening the coil stops and repositing it seems better... definitely something too tight. It also seems like maybe they forgot coil sleeves (unless they are Integrated). But manual calls out sleeved and i don't seem to have on either flipper coil. In removing the one, the end is plunger had some real fine metal shavings and inside of coil is metallic filth. This seems like too easy of an explanation though? Could they really forget and qc missing sleeves?
[quoted image]

Wow no coil sleeves?! That's nuts. Easy enough to fix at least.

#7162 2 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Hello All -
I just caught up with this thread. I was a few pages behind.
I just want to say that I believe you all are great. The CLUB threads in general are reasonably safe places. Its great to see you all help each other with all your questions, issues, troubles, and champion stories.
I think I agree with large swathes of the reviews and critiques. I am particularly interested in the ideas about improving the ENCOUNTERS. The whole BONUS LEVEL idea was my idea and a bit against what Brian wanted to do. So if you are frustrated please blame me.
I think I will think about allowing level 2 and 3 to start immediately when you complete 1 and 2. Bonus level would only start after level 3 is complete. Then increasing even more the value of the bonus level after level 3. I also think this only makes sense on the PRO. Maybe.
Laters -
- Dwight
PS - I probably will not respond to responses to this. Sorry.

I’m still waiting on my Mando so I can’t contribute much to this yet, but I just wanted to say that it is really awesome of you to make this post and look at advice from this group. Very cool!!

#7163 2 years ago

Played Mando Premium today was pleasantly surprised at how good it was, but is Luke in the code/on the LCD in any modes? Thanks

#7164 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Played Mando Premium today was pleasantly surprised at how good it was, but is Luke in the code/on the LCD in any modes? Thanks

If you have watched the show you'd have a pretty good idea of where he might show up...whether he is actually I there or not I don't know.

#7165 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

He's going to show up on my custom attract mode code. On my Stern games, I remove all the "how to insert a quarter" videos (3) and replace with my own videos. Luke forcing f'ing Dark Troopers is one I am adding for sure.

#7166 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

He's going to show up on my custom attract mode code. On my Stern games, I remove all the "how to insert a quarter" videos (3) and replace with my own videos. Luke forcing f'ing Dark Troopers is one I am adding for sure.

This sounds awesome!

#7167 2 years ago
Quoted from JCrusher:

Not sure how i missed this, thanks. This solved sticky flippers for you?

It’s in the owners thread,check there. I was jumping back and forth between threads,sorry. Yes it solved the problem! Took 10 minutes.

#7168 2 years ago

Any close ups of sterns shooter Rod? What’s the difference with Hooked one? Cheers!

#7169 2 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Any close ups of sterns shooter Rod? What’s the difference with Hooked one? Cheers!

The one from Hooked will be of a much higher quality.

#7170 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Mando truly is a world under-glass(this game is growing on me)[quoted image]

Same idea
AA91D5AA-389D-455C-A22B-E9D66FF8E44A (resized).jpegAA91D5AA-389D-455C-A22B-E9D66FF8E44A (resized).jpegCA5BF075-DD3D-4F64-8C40-5CD077E89BFA (resized).jpegCA5BF075-DD3D-4F64-8C40-5CD077E89BFA (resized).jpegE7AF612C-4FB3-459D-A739-55E7E8B1D770 (resized).jpegE7AF612C-4FB3-459D-A739-55E7E8B1D770 (resized).jpeg

#7171 2 years ago

Looks good and the detail on the deluxe figurines is excellent.

Well I am almost done modding Mando. I flippin love Star Wars and modding Mando has been fun. One of my last mods I want to add is a small pinball hanging from the hand of Grogu. I have been looking at garage sales for a Newton Ball toy that I can rip off one of the balls from. My idea is to hang it from his hand and have it float and move with the machine?

Really curious about the topper and the features? It is tied to software so it may do something unique?

#7172 2 years ago
Quoted from Celofane:

Same idea
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"f877e56c3e04d4f08a12013f93b168547f42891c-1630331953-1800"};
//]]>

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are those 3 3/4 figures or the set from Disney for $27?

#7173 2 years ago
Quoted from Celofane:

Same idea
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"36eacfe37be1367be81b8118c54f7172d6b5a136-1630334232-1800"};
//]]>

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’m new to adding my own figurines. Can you share how you attached them? Thanks

#7174 2 years ago
Quoted from MG7322:

Cliffy has made a fix for this and I was at the right place/right time to be a test subject. My ramp is not broken yet but was starting to crack at that screw hole with under 100 games.
I installed today and only takes a few minutes. Top hole is elongated for fine tuning. He only made a few but based on my feedback to him today he will start up production. Reach out to him at http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have conversed with Cliff about making a similar protector for the right side of this ramp. I think that with the same factory ramp protector, a back hand shot could crack this right side of the left ramp as well and another elongated protector would be better. No one has reported a crack on that side yet, but in order to get them made we should let Cliff know if there's enough interest. The current protector is fairly low cost, low cost for a good return if the ramp ever cracks without it. I used the previous poster's picture here for mark up, I hope that's ok. Please PM me if interested so I can compile a list of interest.

Cliffy left ramp existing left side protector Mark Up1 (resized).jpgCliffy left ramp existing left side protector Mark Up1 (resized).jpg

#7175 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I have conversed with Cliff about making a similar protector for the right side of this ramp. I think that with the same factory ramp protector, a back hand shot could crack this right side of the left ramp as well and another elongated protector would be better. No one has reported a crack on that side yet, but in order to get them made we should let Cliff know if there's enough interest. The current protector is fairly low cost, low cost for a good return if the ramp ever cracks without it. I used the previous poster's picture here for mark up, I hope that's ok. Please PM me if interested so I can compile a list of interest.
[quoted image]

Cliff will make them if there's enough interest.

#7176 2 years ago

Cliff will make them if there's enough interest.

Sure put me down. If nothing else, for symmetry since I ordered the left side.

#7177 2 years ago

[quoted image]

I already ordered left side. I would order right side too.

#7178 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I already ordered left side. I would order right side too.

Same. Even though my backhanding the left ramp is nearly non existent.

#7179 2 years ago

All those 12K+ LEs in the marketplace, are they actually selling?

#7180 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

All those 12K+ LEs in the marketplace, are they actually selling?

Most likely they are selling fast.

#7181 2 years ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

Interesting, I backhand the left ramp all the time. Is there a reason?

#7182 2 years ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

I’ll order one

#7183 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Interesting, I backhand the left ramp all the time. Is there a reason?

Im not sure, I can rarely make that shot, and the reject bounce back is pretty brutal so I guess I just stopped trying as much if I can hit it more consistently from the right flipper.

Are people backhanding it from a standstill? Or on a roll through? Maybe ill give it some solid effort tonight and see if I can get it more consistently.

I have no problem backhanding the right scoop or right ramp from a standstill.

#7184 2 years ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

Im not sure, I can rarely make that shot, and the reject bounce back is pretty brutal so I guess I just stopped trying as much if I can hit it more consistently from the right flipper.
Are people backhanding it from a standstill? Or on a roll through? Maybe ill give it some solid effort tonight and see if I can get it more consistently.
I have no problem backhanding the right scoop or right ramp from a standstill.

I can backhand at will, rolling or standstill.

#7185 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I can backhand at will, rolling or standstill.

9F5B203E-BC33-400D-B071-0D10DA76BC89 (resized).jpeg9F5B203E-BC33-400D-B071-0D10DA76BC89 (resized).jpeg
#7186 2 years ago

Left ramp backhand is makable all the time without any difficulty. Right backhand is like 10% for me, so I don’t try.

#7187 2 years ago

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Ill be looking into it tonight I just assumed it wasnt a reliable shot to backhand

#7188 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The one from Hooked will be of a much higher quality.

Cool, Have you actually seen the stern one?

#7189 2 years ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Ill be looking into it tonight I just assumed it wasnt a reliable shot to backhand

The angle looks a lot harder than it is.

#7190 2 years ago

The lockbar has done this to my front art. Was already happening when I received it. What should I do?

Mando LE lockbar damage.jpgMando LE lockbar damage.jpg
#7191 2 years ago
Quoted from JCrusher:

Are those 3 3/4 figures or the set from Disney for $27?

the set from Disney yes

Quoted from Medic:

I’m new to adding my own figurines. Can you share how you attached them? Thanks

just with transparent double-sided tape

#7192 2 years ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

The lockbar has done this to my front art. Was already happening when I received it. What should I do?
[quoted image]

Depends on the direction you want to take that issue.

Solve it yourself or just speak to your distributor about it.

You could gently heat with a hair dryer or something and slide it back but it will probably just occur again if its the lock down bar pushing on it. You'd probably have to figure out how you can stop that issue in the first place.

#7193 2 years ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

[quoted image]

Get a spare decal from your distro. Fixing them is quite difficult unless you know what you are doing.

Putting the lock bar on and off will keep making it worse until you bend the tabs on the lock bar, stopping it from rubbing on the decal every time you latch it on and off.

#7194 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Get a spare decal from your distro. Fixing them is quite difficult unless you know what you are doing.
Putting the lock bar on and off will keep making it worse until you bend the tabs on the lock bar, stopping it from rubbing on the decal every time you latch it on and off.

This.... mine was incredibly tight too. I had to bend the tabs back to make sure it wouldn't do it. Luckily the damage is under the bar and i was able to smooth it out.

#7195 2 years ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

I spent some time with the glass off last night just practicing shots. Should have done that a while ago because now I can nail it pretty consistently

#7196 2 years ago
Quoted from JCrusher:

This.... mine was incredibly tight too. I had to bend the tabs back to make sure it wouldn't do it. Luckily the damage is under the bar and i was able to smooth it out.

Mine was super tight as well. Also had to bend the tabs to allow more clearance.

#7197 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Will do! Thanks!

#7198 2 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Cool, Have you actually seen the stern one?

I don’t need to see the Stern one, I have brought enough from Hooked to know his will be a much higher quality. Rob doesn’t mess about when it comes to casting mods, his stuff is second to none, just check out his deadpool pop caps and compare them to sterns it’s night and day dude.

#7199 2 years ago

Took the plunge and got the Logan Pinball wire forms for my Pro. Easy install and working very well!

0F6A5360-6A42-4B30-B9C4-9519F48C8596 (resized).jpeg0F6A5360-6A42-4B30-B9C4-9519F48C8596 (resized).jpeg22A74430-72F2-4F8F-82E4-91A76DABFCB1 (resized).jpeg22A74430-72F2-4F8F-82E4-91A76DABFCB1 (resized).jpeg876D15BC-158F-4FB6-A912-E6D6E9B4B777 (resized).jpeg876D15BC-158F-4FB6-A912-E6D6E9B4B777 (resized).jpegB58B19F3-4C68-445F-9E99-8D356115C613 (resized).jpegB58B19F3-4C68-445F-9E99-8D356115C613 (resized).jpeg
#7200 2 years ago

I dont think the encounter scored correctly. I got the 148M encounter score but my game score was only 142M. Anyone else seeing this?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Game Room Info Shop

4,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Marshville, NC
$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
9,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/144?hl=jerickso77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.